View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Corbu and CB members!

I must say one thing, the real talent on this thread are members like you who work so hard to inform guys like me who hardly ever give a reference to any data, or provide formal information and media coverage on this stock. In fact, I don't even produce a 3-minute chart for you because JLagoon does it so well. So ....... I don't provide any links, nor do I post a portion of those articles that we see several times each day, and from all over the world I might add, ........... and, ..... I already stated I don't do 3-minute charts. You have to wonder how far a guy can last just providing his personal ideas?

Well said, but I think I can speak for most of us by saying that we all know what you DO bring to this thread; most of which people usually pay money for.

Consider this a 'block' of thanks M8.

Many thanks to the Usual Suspects as well.
    01-03-15 01:44 AM
    OT: Does anyone have any new information on PTK.V (Toronto)?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    01-03-15 01:58 AM
    I was thinking lately is there a BlackBerry group you guys have or BlackBerry channels that I can join?

#BBFactCheck
    I have a blackberry channel where I just post bbry stocks and news c000ef854

"Data" the new Greed
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    01-03-15 09:48 AM

"Data" the new Greed
    Thanks. Joined

#BBFactCheck
    01-03-15 09:52 AM

"Data" the new Greed
    Why would I need something else, when I have this great thread. Some of the best information comes from this electronic place. I am thankful for all the contributors on this great thread. Just like BlackBerry, I'm long all the way.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:19 AM
    OT: Does anyone have any new information on PTK.V (Toronto)?

Thanks in advance.
    Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    OT ALERT For TimJohnSmith !!!!

I'll take a run at this for you, POET is a very interesting start-up company that has a very clean balance sheet with $ 13 MM in Assets against zero Liabilities. There are 180 MM fully diluted shares out there with only $ 13 MM in assets so the stock is capitalized at over 90% of its hard value less patents. The risk of course is that the company fails to generate interest in its new launch of CMOS products in 2015. The market is expecting some huge results for this one at $ 1.58/shr/US as of Friday's close.

There is a ton of information about the company at their website, that's the first place to look, then, you can look at all of their announcements on Yahoo for the balance of the news. From all of this, and their balance sheet, you can see that they are a very clean operating business, no baggage to force them to market for a year for additional financing, and a product that is about to launch. Their technology looks good, a 75% reduction in the size of CMOS with both electrical and optical abilities which appeals to the mobile industry. And so their potential market is enormous to say the least. In the Fall, the stock dropped big time and was cheap compared to where it is today. You can see money flowing into it as they get ready to launch.

This one is a very high risk/reward trade, you could end up making big gains in this one as they report increasing revenues for the very first time. The risk is that they have a slow uptake in their product and require additional funding because of that. The only negative for me, using my rules of investment, is that I wish they had more cash on the balance sheet, that is it. GL
    Corbu, lech31, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    01-03-15 11:19 AM
    Thanks Morgan+8, I was wondering about POET myself. I was in @1.32/share for awhile now. I should have sold back when they hit the 2.60 range and re bought in but I thought it was going to keep going up. Hope they drop some good news this year, if that stock can hit $10 I'm mortgage free
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    01-03-15 11:30 AM
    OT: A shameless request for Morgan+8

Morgan, any thoughts on Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc NTB-T?

Thanks, and I understand if you pass on this.
    01-03-15 01:13 PM
    Oh, I beg for your forgiveness. I forgot to post my little ditty a while back . . .

01-03-15 01:15 PM
    Hello everyone. What are people's thoughts on the carrier situation in 2015? Can you see BlackBerry 10 devices back in shops as a norm within six months? Nine months? End of the year?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-03-15 01:57 PM
    Hello everyone. What are people's thoughts on the carrier situation in 2015? Can you see BlackBerry 10 devices back in shops as a norm within six months? Nine months? End of the year?

Posted via CB10
    I think if sales of the Classic and Passport are good, carriers will want to get on board. I think when they see BlackBerry earning a profit on devices with such high gross margins, they will want a piece of the action. In the U.S. it looks like ATT and Verizon are already moving towards that, albeit slowly. Just my 2 cents....

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    01-03-15 02:02 PM
    OT: A shameless request for Morgan+8

Morgan, any thoughts on Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc NTB-T?

Thanks, and I understand if you pass on this.
    OT ALERT !!!

Bungaboy !!!

I will respond to any question about other stocks because I believe that we can learn from other investments in the same way we do with BBRY research. The analysis for this one is no different then what you would apply BBRY.

So this quarterly report was one of the most challenging to read in many years. There is a great deal of activity in this newly formed company and it takes awhile to understand what their business model is. They are extremely well financed by both the Quebec Government, private investors and through credits; and so many investors are holding stock at today's price. That's the good news. The bad news is all about some of their failures on start-up, the management team has stumbled in a way that would make me fire half of them. Still, they look like they have a non-FDA product to take to market with huge backing. The number one problem with this type of product is the high marketing costs. I have seen countless products that fill a niche but fail on marketing costs alone. If you can, see if you can figure out what their marketing costs might be per dollar of revenue. I don't have time to go through that lengthy exercise but you can do it by looking at a complimentary product and calculating what it took to take that product to market. Any Omega 3 product out there (or any non-FDA, over the counter product), produced through a public company will show you the margins in their balance sheet statement. I would guess that marketing costs will be above 50% of revenues for several years. In any case, assuming management stops making big mistakes, the product is going to take plenty of time to make its way into the market and there is a considerable cost to educating consumers on something like this.

This is one thing that BlackBerry has not had to pay for, the infrastructure is there to gain free advertising on all BlackBerry products. They have managed to reduce their SG&A on this last cycle while introducing the famous Passport and now the Classic. GL
    Jahcure, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    01-03-15 02:06 PM
    OT Afterthought on the Sony issue:

I really can't see Sony not going to BES12 after this shake-up.
    BlackBerry could really capitalizes on the next all touch flagship (aka The Gladiator), by offering a direct competitor to Sony's Z3 (heh, Z3), then Sony would cease to be much competition, and more of a simple client.

Alternately:
    I mentioned a deal between Sony and BlackBerry long ago, and would still like to see Sony build an all-touch Flagship for BlackBerry. Think waterproof design, and possible entry into Sony entertainment. This would pound open the floodgates to the Japanese markets; which currently is non-existent.
    01-03-15 02:53 PM
    Fully agreed! This partnership would benefit both parties... Looking forward to some great announcements between now and March.

OT Afterthought on the Sony issue:

I really can't see Sony not going to BES12 after this shake-up.
    BlackBerry could really capitalizes on the next all touch flagship (aka The Gladiator), by offering a direct competitor to Sony's Z3 (heh, Z3), then Sony would cease to be much competition, and more of a simple client.

Alternately:
    I mentioned a deal between Sony and BlackBerry long ago, and would still like to see Sony build an all-touch Flagship for BlackBerry. Think waterproof design, and possible entry into Sony entertainment. This would pound open the floodgates to the Japanese markets; which currently is non-existent.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-03-15 03:29 PM
    Micah Singleton from Verge is using BlackBerry Classic and loving it. Times are changing.... viva 2015!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150103_155628.png

rarsen, bungaboy, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    01-03-15 03:43 PM
    OT ALERT !!!

Bungaboy !!!

I will respond to any question about other stocks because I believe that we can learn from other investments in the same way we do with BBRY research. The analysis for this one is no different then what you would apply BBRY.

So this quarterly report was one of the most challenging to read in many years. There is a great deal of activity in this newly formed company and it takes awhile to understand what their business model is. They are extremely well financed by both the Quebec Government, private investors and through credits; and so many investors are holding stock at today's price. That's the good news. The bad news is all about some of their failures on start-up, the management team has stumbled in a way that would make me fire half of them. Still, they look like they have a non-FDA product to take to market with huge backing. The number one problem with this type of product is the high marketing costs. I have seen countless products that fill a niche but fail on marketing costs alone. If you can, see if you can figure out what their marketing costs might be per dollar of revenue. I don't have time to go through that lengthy exercise but you can do it by looking at a complimentary product and calculating what it took to take that product to market. Any Omega 3 product out there (or any non-FDA, over the counter product), produced through a public company will show you the margins in their balance sheet statement. I would guess that marketing costs will be above 50% of revenues for several years. In any case, assuming management stops making big mistakes, the product is going to take plenty of time to make its way into the market and there is a considerable cost to educating consumers on something like this.

This is one thing that BlackBerry has not had to pay for, the infrastructure is there to gain free advertising on all BlackBerry products. They have managed to reduce their SG&A on this last cycle while introducing the famous Passport and now the Classic. GL
    Thanks Morgan. They have indeed stumbled.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-03-15 04:19 PM
    Micah Singleton from Verge is using BlackBerry Classic and loving it. Times are changing.... viva 2015!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150103_155628.png 
Views:	907 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	325114

So, is BlackBerry at CES at all? I thought we had to wait until March for news on the 2015 device lineup...what event is that going to be? I'm all confused!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:25 PM
    Pretty sure John Chen said BlackBerry would be at CES, unless I heard wrong

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:32 PM
    So, is BlackBerry at CES at all? I thought we had to wait until March for news on the 2015 device lineup...what event is that going to be? I'm all confused!
    From the latest transcript:

In terms of BlackBerry roadmaps for 2015, we've got this to look forward to:

BBM and IOT: CES - January
    Handset roadmap/strategy: MWC - March
    bungaboy, lech31, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    01-03-15 04:46 PM
    From the latest transcript:

In terms of BlackBerry roadmaps for 2015, we've got this to look forward to:

BBM and IOT: CES - January
    Handset roadmap/strategy: MWC - March
    Ah, that's it. Thanks. I do wonder what news we will get about BBM. I've been hoping these bundles aren't going to be a too expensive/irritating for the consumer. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:59 PM
    Ah, that's it. Thanks. I do wonder what news we will get about BBM. I've been hoping these bundles aren't going to be a too expensive/irritating for the consumer. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    Bbm with paypal

#BBFactCheck
    01-03-15 05:41 PM
    Who owns PayPal? Is it Ebay?

BB10 4 ME
    01-03-15 05:58 PM
    Who owns PayPal? Is it Ebay?

BB10 4 ME
    Yes, eBay.

Different topic:

Since I updated to 10.3.1 leak, I've been constantly using BlackBerry Blend with my Q10. Don't know how I ever lived without it! Apple users have had this for a long time (iPhone paired with Macbook works similar to Blend - but it only works when both phone and computer are Apple's) and I am having a great time showing it off to my iPhone(y) friends how Blend works on PC, Mac, Tablets!

Sure, Blend is somewhat sluggish/slow-loading but my friends at BlackBerry tell me they are aware of it and will deliver improved Blend UI via incremental software updates. So, I am not worried about that at all. Within a few months, Blend would be better than it is today; and it's no slouch today either.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 01-03-15 at 06:25 PM.
    01-03-15 06:14 PM
    Have to get stickers and photos working on Blend too.

Classically Posted.
    cjcampbell and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-03-15 06:36 PM
    I would just like blend to be updated to work with hidpi screens. My laptop screen is almost 4k and I can barely read stuff. Other than that it's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-03-15 07:10 PM
113,256 ... 30903091309230933094 ...