View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh...and for a fast buck, AAPL Puts are in season... just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    I'm in.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-30-14 04:16 AM
    Looks as though they have caught up with demand. All of the shop BlackBerry storefronts now have stock for all devices, except Canada's supply of black Z30 (the white are in stock)
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    12-30-14 05:39 AM
    Based on what I see the white and black Z30 are both out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    12-30-14 06:50 AM
    Increasing positivism on BB. Reminder when investing in a business, review should include looking at three things; the product, the process and the people. And as we approach a New Year, quoting Mae West who said, "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful":

BlackBerry: It's Time To Take The Blinders Off - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    12-30-14 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry: A Year In Review - Forbes

While I’m certain that BlackBerry bashing will continue, BlackBerry has survived yet another year and in far better shape than any of us had expected. It’s stabilized and proven that it can shift its focus to upcoming growth markets such as security, identity and the Internet of Things. The challenge in the coming year is growth as a software company. This is no small feat given that almost half of BlackBerry’s revenue comes from hardware sales. It’s also not easy to grow into a software behemoth. For example, it took Salesforce.com years to become a software powerhouse. It’s not impossible. It just takes time and the financial market is an unforgiving place.

This will be a multiyear journey for BlackBerry. The market should expect BlackBerry’s revenue to take a hit as it manages this transition. With careful money management, the company should the cash ($3 billion) to navigate the transition to a software company. Businesses should evaluate BlackBerry based on its stated direction and execution against that vision. This year has been a good start.
    12-30-14 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seems you're right!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:03 AM
    Blackberry needs to supply Amazon better. The classic is out of stock again!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazonclassic.png
    12-30-14 08:33 AM
    Blackberry needs to supply Amazon better. The classic is out of stock again!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazonclASSIC.PNG 
Views:	1171 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	324181
    The good thing there is they will allow you to order and get a shipment when stock is replenished. For a long time 'out of stock' meant the phone was not available to be ordered. This is a step forward at least
    12-30-14 08:37 AM
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Red: Cell Phones & Accessories

Looks like Amazon USA has the red passport available for the moment at $599.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-30-14 08:41 AM
    The good thing there is they will allow you to order and get a shipment when stock is replenished. For a long time 'out of stock' meant the phone was not available to be ordered. This is a step forward at least
    One step forward, is better than two steps backwards.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:56 AM
    OT: Here's hoping for better fashion police in 2015.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-i3tai92kyfwk.jpg
    12-30-14 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    And Q10 OOS too.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-stock.jpg
    12-30-14 09:14 AM
    OT: The founder of Mega is going to be offering a web based encrypted video service that can also be used to chat and share files.

We'll need to get more information about it before discerning whether or not this will affect BBM's value proposition.

Kim Dotcom Will Soon Launch an Encrypted Video Call Service

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    The biggest is to come ... he also rumored nothing less than a new web protocol that would get rid of IP address and destroy the DOS attacks capabilities. He said he wants to make this as a "gift for posterity" ...
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-30-14 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    10.90 Down 0.01(0.05%) 3:59PM EST
    - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Nailed it, SF! With M+8-esque accuracy!
    Thanks, but ...
    Nothing but luck, I swear !
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-30-14 09:18 AM
    Superfly, what is your thoughts about today's pricing

#BBFactCheck
    12-30-14 09:36 AM
    I've been lucky once, and wrong so many times ... let me please keep some dignity for a while
    12-30-14 10:51 AM
    I am generally not fond of posting SA stuff but since this one has to do with what our dear friend said...

3 Reasons Why Morgan Stanley Is Wrong About BlackBerry - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-30-14 at 11:20 AM.
    12-30-14 10:56 AM
    12-30-14 12:02 PM
    OT: Privacy and Security related.

Google Canada aims to be ‘appropriate,’ not creepy, with 2015 mobile ad push

TORONTO — 2014 was the year Google saw Canadians really flock to mobile devices.

It expects 2015 will be the year they become obsessed with them — if that isn’t true already.

“Users, and then in turn Google and our business, pivoted to mobile and mobile-first (strategies) in a big way,” says Sam Sebastian, managing director of Google Canada, looking back on 2014.

We had to pivot our business multiple times over the years but this past year the pivot to mobile was extremely important.”

Although most consumers probably associate Google with its search engine, its video streaming site YouTube and its mobile operating system Android, at its heart is an advertising business, which generated the lion’s share of the company’s nearly US$58 billion of revenue in 2013.

With Canadians spending less time accessing the Internet on computers and more time on smartphones and tablets, improving mobile advertising is a big focus for Google in 2015, says Sebastian.

“Once we figure (mobile advertising) out … it will probably be a much more powerful advertising medium than desktop or anything we’ve ever seen before,” he says.

Many consumers are still a little perturbed when they see so-called online behavioural advertising, which surfaces ads based on previous search or browsing history.

Google is cognizant that there are elements of mobile advertising that might be equally off-putting, such as the ability to display ads based on a consumer’s location.

The idea of what’s creepy and what’s appropriate is a constantly evolving thing,” says Steven Woods, engineering director for Google Canada.

“If you think about a consumer right now on mobile, they get very frustrated if you ask a ridiculous question. They are in a hurry, they want information relevant to them right now, and so this idea of turning location information on, turning it off, turning it on, off, it can be quite onerous.

“So finding the right ways to … delight the users and protect their information in a way they’re comfortable with, these are the complicated issues of the day.”

While he expects it will grow somewhat in Canada in 2015, Sebastian isn’t banking on mobile payments becoming a huge trend next year.

“It’s not, frankly, that hard to pull out a credit card and pay for something. So we have to delight (consumers) in some way beyond what they already do. So is there a way to deliver promotions, discounts, all sorts of other things that actually provide more utility if you use your phone as the wallet?” says Sebastian.

“It has to provide something new, different and better. We’ve just found users have such high expectations now and we’ve taken the friction out of so many processes online — and to a certain extent offline — that they’re not going to change their behaviour unless there’s an incentive to. And again, I think we have to discover what that is.”

Apple is betting consumers are ready to make mobile payments and this year rolled out Apple Pay in the U.S., which works with a number of major brands including Bloomingdale’s, Disney Stores, Macy’s, McDonald’s, Nike, Staples, Subway and Walgreens.

Sebastian says he’d welcome an Apple Pay launch in Canada if it would spur interest in mobile commerce.

“I think anyone doing great new things in the market is great for everyone,” he says.

“If it makes it better for users and it gives folks more choice and more opportunities and better utility it’s good for Google, it’s good for anyone.”
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    12-30-14 12:06 PM
    And Q10 OOS too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Stock.JPG 
Views:	1287 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	324186
    Actually, for the Classic you cannot check available stock anymore because Digital River / BlackBerry capped the order quantity at 100!

Also, seems like they got a bunch of Q5s in white which was previously sold out for some time (which was a surprise to me since I think it's out of production).

Sorry for digressing.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:02 PM
    Markets seem to be getting a cramp this afternoon

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-30-14 01:18 PM
    I'm glad I didn't make any forecast ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-30-14 01:33 PM
    Actually, for the Classic you cannot check available stock anymore because Digital River / BlackBerry capped the order quantity at 100!

Also, seems like they got a bunch of Q5s in white which was previously sold out for some time (which was a surprise to me since I think it's out of production).

Sorry for digressing.

Posted via CB10
    They must have tons of those things laying around collecting dust. It seems like they have gotten rid of all the q10's and z10's tho
    12-30-14 01:52 PM
    Pretty happy with bbrys strength in a not so great market today!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-30-14 02:26 PM
    Trading higher near end of the day. What's going on

#BBFactCheck
    12-30-14 02:33 PM
113,256 ... 30833084308530863087 ...