View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What I'm trying to say is between the z10 and z30 why does this phone need to exist ?

you say "Designed and built for a price point that enterprises would buy, by the pallet " umm the z30 is priced at a pretty good price atm for enterprises too buy it by the pallet
    Compared to the Z10 it has a larger screen and larger battery. From a cost point the Z30 is not optimized and I suspect this device will have better cost points (likely will be built by Foxconn) thus higher margins, which would be the end game I suspect.

Z30 isn't making them a ton of money at the levels they are currently selling it at.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-23-14 07:33 AM
    Merry Christmas - Beer thirsty already ?

Posted via CB10
    Beer you very much SF

Posted with my flash Passport
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-23-14 07:44 AM
    New QNX video in a Ford.

smart548, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    12-23-14 07:46 AM
    What I'm trying to say is between the z10 and z30 why does this phone need to exist ?

you say "Designed and built for a price point that enterprises would buy, by the pallet " umm the z30 is priced at a pretty good price atm for enterprises too buy it by the pallet
    Perhaps because the Z10 and Z30 both haven't been produced for more than a year and there won't be any to sell soon and the Z3 is most a year old and needed a bump up about as soon as it was released.

It's a z3 refresh and if Foxconn is on the ball they will be able to switch over without piles of old stock to a decent refresh

Need an up market all touch but cautioN here is smart

Posted with my flash Passport
    StormieTwo and 2vince6 like this.
    12-23-14 08:15 AM
    Merry Christmas - Beer thirsty already ?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks SF that was great!
    12-23-14 08:26 AM
    OT:
    CEO of the year - The best and luckiest CEOs of 2014 - CNNMoney

Let's hear it for the comeback kid.

BlackBerry (BBRY, Tech30) is not dead. And CEO John Chen deserves a lot of credit for that.

Chen stopped the bleeding at the Canadian tech giant. He's focused more on software and is not trying to win smartphone market share from fickle consumers at all costs.

Shares have surged 35% in 2014 and investors are no longer worried that the company will go under or that it needs to be taken over to survive.
    12-23-14 08:32 AM
    BlackBerry Rio 'Z20' First Look | N4BB

Im a little confused at this smart phone ? is this not basically a z30?
    Yeah it does look like a Z3.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-23-14 09:04 AM
    Small reading material

RPX Corp says buys Rockstar Consortium patent assets (Thomson Reuters)

By Andrew Chung

Dec 23 (Reuters) - Patent risk management company RPX Corp on Tuesday announced a major deal to buy out the bulk of the assets owned by patent consortium Rockstar, formed by Apple Inc and other major technology firms in 2011 following the bankruptcy of Nortel Network Corp.

The deal is for about 4,000 of the 6,000 patents the consortium purchased from Nortel for about $4.5 billion. The group includes Microsoft Corp, Sony, Blackberry and Ericsson.

Last year, the consortium sued Google and several handset manufacturers whose phones operate on Google's Android operating system, which fiercely competes with Apple mobile products.

(Reporting by Andrew Chung; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

12-23-14 09:15 AM
    Small reading material

RPX Corp says buys Rockstar Consortium patent assets (Thomson Reuters)

By Andrew Chung

Dec 23 (Reuters) - Patent risk management company RPX Corp on Tuesday announced a major deal to buy out the bulk of the assets owned by patent consortium Rockstar, formed by Apple Inc and other major technology firms in 2011 following the bankruptcy of Nortel Network Corp.

The deal is for about 4,000 of the 6,000 patents the consortium purchased from Nortel for about $4.5 billion. The group includes Microsoft Corp, Sony, Blackberry and Ericsson.

Last year, the consortium sued Google and several handset manufacturers whose phones operate on Google's Android operating system, which fiercely competes with Apple mobile products.

(Reporting by Andrew Chung; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

So does this mean BBRY is going to see some cash lol
    12-23-14 09:18 AM
    I wouldn't put it past Chen to swap out existing first gen BB10 devices for Foxconn built identicals and strategically release them.

Z30 probably isn't making BBRY as much money having the prices slashed, Z20, as much as it's the Z10/30/3 all wrapped up in one for $300 and you've got yourself a nice profit maker

Oh, and a pretty sexy looking device. Having used the Z3 for reviewing, I really wanted to use it as a daily but the specs weren't up to par with the Z30.

The Z20 fixes that for me so I hope I can get my hands on this Z20 should it be priced appropriately (pricing is also another factor, Chen can forget about it if he prices it $400+)

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-23-14 09:27 AM
    I believe that they owned a 10% share of rockstar
    12-23-14 09:28 AM
    So here is my argument for why I don't think we'll see BBRY $ 10.00 anytime soon. The biggest test came last week when we dropped below the 50-dma only to find out that we didn't sell any phones in Q3, but that failed to drop the stock and by the end of the day, we were closing at option expiration levels. I don't think many saw that surge back to even that day.

What we have been seeing is a series of TA milestones taking months to form, only to fail. Here is the chart of two H&S formations that didn't live up to their definitions:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-21a-2014.png

The first H&S formed over 7-weeks and confirmed by dropping below its neckline, but, it stayed supported at the 50-dma right away and rallied from there, a measly $ 50 cent drop when it was projected to fall $ 1.50/shr. Okay, we missed by a dollar on that one. Then we got another 8-week H&S structure that projected a $ 2.50/shr drop and what did we do? We dropped only $ .60/shr over just two days and rallied hard from there. The 3-ema or leading trend indicator stayed bullish the whole time suggesting that we were doped into selling our position. The stock traded down on the worst news, if you are a bull, and yet we reversed and rallied shortly after the open on Friday.

What I have noticed is that we are forming many key-reversals in the charts over the past couple of years, pennants, wedges, trend-lines and not following through on the definition of that reversal. What is working right now is +/- volume indicators and RSI and not much else which leads me to believe that we are seeing MM's trap us with false indicators.

I don't think we'll drop below $ 10.00/shr because the negative news is all out there now. Chen is even mocking the media and the analysts with his scaled up 50/50% to 80/20% to 99% chance of BBRY succeeding. Next month we start to see whispers of just how many handsets they are selling, and these are solid handsets (high margin) and we already know they will make some great money in the final fiscal quarter. We just have to beat a 17% reduction in the $ 400 MM worth of BIS revenue in order to show some huge gains in earnings and stocks don't drop when their revenue and earnings are surging. A 200,000 addition of Passport sales over Christmas, over 4 1/2 months and at high margins, along with whatever Classics they can sell to consumers over the same period could spell a huge EPS gain in Q4. And so the fundamentals are super strong for BlackBerry, big money buys stock to invest for a minimum of 5-years and to wait until BES12 is ramped up is not important to long term investors. They typically commit 6-months prior to an event and if they buy now, they are assuming BES12 numbers will start ramping up in June Fiscal 2016.

We are in the strongest time of the year for a rally in the general market, oil prices are way down, new investments are looked for at this time, gold is breaking down here, all the ducks are in a row for a super rally in BlackBerry that will surprise all of you! If you project out with my chart using the upper and lower channel boundaries, you can easily see $ 13.00/shr, but I don't think it will stop there. So my advice is to hang onto your stock this time around and watch the RSI indicator for your next move. You haven't seen a rally like this one in BBRY since the launch of the Z10. GL
    12-23-14 09:34 AM
    So does this mean BBRY is going to see some cash lol
    In 2012, Business Insider listed Rockstar as number 3 on its list of the 8 most fearsome patent trolls in industry. Wired magazine notes that some call them a "straight-up patent troll".
    rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-23-14 09:42 AM
    Is that Johnny Walker Blue Label in the background??? Now it's an awesome picture! LOL. Blue Label is soooooo nice.

Posted via CB10
    when I grow up, i'm gonna buy me somes !!!

Thanks for the holiday inspiration !
    12-23-14 10:03 AM
    Wow M+8 you are great and we are fortunate!

Looking at your chart I see resistance at $10.85 and as soon as it breaks it $11 will be so easy. Is it what you are seeing please help perfect my understanding.

Thank you Thank you et Merci!!
    So here is my argument for why I don't think we'll see BBRY $ 10.00 anytime soon. The biggest test came last week when we dropped below the 50-dma only to find out that we didn't sell any phones in Q3, but that failed to drop the stock and by the end of the day, we were closing at option expiration levels. I don't think many saw that surge back to even that day.

What we have been seeing is a series of TA milestones taking months to form, only to fail. Here is the chart of two H&S formations that didn't live up to their definitions:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Dec 21A 2014.png 
Views:	1177 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	322568

The first H&S formed over 7-weeks and confirmed by dropping below its neckline, but, it stayed supported at the 50-dma right away and rallied from there, a measly $ 50 cent drop when it was projected to fall $ 1.50/shr. Okay, we missed by a dollar on that one. Then we got another 8-week H&S structure that projected a $ 2.50/shr drop and what did we do? We dropped only $ .60/shr over just two days and rallied hard from there. The 3-ema or leading trend indicator stayed bullish the whole time suggesting that we were doped into selling our position. The stock traded down on the worst news, if you are a bull, and yet we reversed and rallied shortly after the open on Friday.

What I have noticed is that we are forming many key-reversals in the charts over the past couple of years, pennants, wedges, trend-lines and not following through on the definition of that reversal. What is working right now is +/- volume indicators and RSI and not much else which leads me to believe that we are seeing MM's trap us with false indicators.

I don't think we'll drop below $ 10.00/shr because the negative news is all out there now. Chen is even mocking the media and the analysts with his scaled up 50/50% to 80/20% to 99% chance of BBRY succeeding. Next month we start to see whispers of just how many handsets they are selling, and these are solid handsets (high margin) and we already know they will make some great money in the final fiscal quarter. We just have to beat a 17% reduction in the $ 400 MM worth of BIS revenue in order to show some huge gains in earnings and stocks don't drop when their revenue and earnings are surging. A 200,000 addition of Passport sales over Christmas, over 4 1/2 months and at high margins, along with whatever Classics they can sell to consumers over the same period could spell a huge EPS gain in Q4. And so the fundamentals are super strong for BlackBerry, big money buys stock to invest for a minimum of 5-years and to wait until BES12 is ramped up is not important to long term investors. They typically commit 6-months prior to an event and if they buy now, they are assuming BES12 numbers will start ramping up in June Fiscal 2016.

We are in the strongest time of the year for a rally in the general market, oil prices are way down, new investments are looked for at this time, gold is breaking down here, all the ducks are in a row for a super rally in BlackBerry that will surprise all of you! If you project out with my chart using the upper and lower channel boundaries, you can easily see $ 13.00/shr, but I don't think it will stop there. So my advice is to hang onto your stock this time around and watch the RSI indicator for your next move. You haven't seen a rally like this one in BBRY since the launch of the Z10. GL
    12-23-14 10:12 AM
    New QNX video in a Ford.

Looking forward to the CES 2015 showing of QNX and that Maseratti !!

The QNX CAR 2 application platform

The QNX CAR 2 application platform is the first pre-integrated software stack for car infotainment powered by HTML5. It enables automakers to create personalized user experiences, keep vehicles fresh with new features, and achieve seamless integration is the first pre-integrated.

Also, from the QNX site:

QNX at CES 2015

Visit QNX at CES in the LVCC North Hall, booth 2231 January 6-9 in Las Vegas

Think will see the BBRY shares move after this? Up or down?

or will the market ignore as they cant put 2-2 together since there are currently no revenues being reported from the QNX camp?

Or will they start to realize the QNX offerings in the major Auto Automakers as a Blackberry thing?
    12-23-14 10:22 AM
    and it looks like we bumped up against 10.85 twice around 10:30 this morning. Here's to continued gains this afternoon!
    12-23-14 10:27 AM

Looking at your chart I see resistance at $10.85 and as soon as it breaks it $11 will be so easy. Is it what you are seeing please help perfect my understanding.

Soumaila Somtore !!!

No, I think I might be in the top 20 posters on this thread ..... the real stars are here every day putting out some amazing information. You are right, I have talked about that $ 10.80 - $ 10.90/shr range for many months now and while it is resistance, each time we breach it, it becomes less of a hurdle so I'm seeing us blow threw that very soon now. It wouldn't surprise me to see us hit $ 11.00 today. We stop to refresh along the way, just like we break down to cause investors to dump their stock, we pause here to let investors worry about a reversal that never comes. This fishing for stock is important because a quick rise to high levels can't be financially justified when it comes time for that reversal to happen. MM's need to load up with stock and take all the stock they can from weak hands. And so we pause, take in stock and that's why you need to watch the volume to see if the "ask" is drying up! When you see a ratio of twice as many shares bid as offered, you know we are going higher. It is just before lunch and we have over 4 hours to trade yet today so expect us to pause for much of that time before tackling TA levels like the round number of $ 11.00/shr.

The next thing I would be looking for is our first sign of a uptrend line, that's so important here. So sit back, enjoy the positive news when it comes, as Chen is trying hard to beat the media at their useless game, .... and the stock will rally well into January.

PS: I must say it again, the board members have come a long way over these past 2-years, some of the analysis is just so professional today. I'm really enjoying the posts by many of you so I won't try to mention names as I'm sure to offend someone and I don't want to do that! Keep up the good work!
    12-23-14 10:27 AM

Looking at the chart I see two penises. My technical analysis is rusty, but I think this is good.
    12-23-14 10:29 AM
    Soumaila Somtore !!!
    PS: I must say it again, the board members have come a long way over these past 2-years, some of the analysis is just so professional today. I'm really enjoying the posts by many of you so I won't try to mention names as I'm sure to offend someone and I don't want to do that! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks to Morganplus8!!!

Edit : and Thanks to All the Great FINE Peoples in the Thread!!!
    12-23-14 10:34 AM
    $10.87 and Climbing!!!
    ZayDub and bungaboy like this.
    12-23-14 10:49 AM
    Looking at the chart I see two penises. My technical analysis is rusty, but I think this is good.
    Beats my fiddle all to heck!
    12-23-14 10:50 AM
    Reminds me of the joke about the ten peckered billy goat.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-23-14 10:52 AM
    Can someone with a subscription (mine expired) to WSJ copy this info about patent. Thanks
    Rockstar Consortium to Sell 4,000 Patents to RPX Corp. for $900 Million - WSJ
    12-23-14 10:53 AM
    That was an astute observation indeed. I don't think I've chuckled that hard at a TA chart after you pointed that out...lmao. A much needed moment of humour to go with our lifted spirits.

M8+ looks to be spot on again...outstanding!

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a well deserved bountiful meal to all of us who have had a front row seat to this comeback story unfolding before us.
    12-23-14 10:58 AM
113,251 ... 30723073307430753076 ...