View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And this when visiting relatives in Oklahoma...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hillbilly.jpg
    12-17-14 04:02 PM
    The best free advertisement. JC's awful brain pulled this off?
    Damn it...whoever took these pictures made sure those shoes weren't visible...
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-14 04:03 PM
    Hmmmm what has apple been doing? Apple courts fans with new iphone6 with 2012 specs for $1000. The NSA propaganda is weak and annoying.

US hates freedom and democracy
    US hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:06 PM
    Hmmmm what has apple been doing? Apple courts fans with new iphone6 with 2012 specs for $1000. The NSA propaganda is weak and annoying.

US hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I thought the guardian was UK paper?
    and here is writer's mind set.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mind-set.jpg
    morganplus8, lcjr, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    12-17-14 04:22 PM
    Can someone send this to BB's PR Group?
    Just some things I noticed from these interviews, launches and presentations that I wanted to mention and have seen others in different forums post about as well.

1. Looks like they are listening to customers and watch boards like Crackberry ! (their promo videos, some of the comments prove this)

2. JC - do not use words like , "I'm trying", "I think". Just say "I am doing this and that, I know blah blah...
    you are past the initial CEO phase with BB and have a set plan.
    Sound more confident, no more skeptism in your replies.
    You sound confident most of the time, but not all the time.

3. JC - do not admit you don't follow the teleprompter or how you get into trouble with BB event coordinators for not following their agenda !!

4. Marty - stop cutting off guests with that "ok, ok, ok", ... let them speak entirely, they are selling your product and actually doing a good job speaking passionately of your product !!!
    It sounds like you are rushing them.

5. Marty - stop mentioning the "Jeff Gadaway app" or needing someone like Jeff to perform/explain the services and features your product has.
    This scares away your customers !
    I know you need a transition when you follow Jeff, but don't downplay your products in the process.

6. JC is good as a leader, has humour, which is good to see from a "leader"
    - but...keep his part of the presentations short though lol.
    Sometimes too honest, and can sound a bit negative.

7. Upsell at every chance.
    Great to see the use of official launches and to mention other services !!
    Boring for those that are already in the know, but still new info to others.

Some may agree or disagree, but please add your points.

I like how Marty and Jeff present.
    Stating the facts of a BB product, pure and simple, as if I'm reading it on the CB forum.
    Consistency is the key. Very believable and convincing.

Hope BB sees this post and hope others constructively add to this
    12-17-14 04:23 PM

US hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Just for the record, The Guardian is a British newspaper, and happens to be the paper that published the Snowden files....okay, back under the Donkey Cart - heeeeeehaaaaawww !

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:24 PM
    Maybe add in some areas. Is that good or bad for the ER..hummmm

Posted via CB10
    "Maybe a little ahead in some areas"
    12-17-14 04:33 PM
    LoL,
    is the trackpad backlit? what a use less complaint. people cant find trackpad when the screen and every other key is lighted? wow. and this a phone where people can type without looking at the keys at all. world is amazing place. brown shoes cant get London visa. LMAO. no no, it is London thing.
    and lighted trackpad which is covered with thumb and thumb covered lighted trackpad.
    what ever.....
    They must have eyes in their thumbs. Only reason I can see.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-17-14 04:36 PM
    12-17-14 04:38 PM
    Let's sum up.
    Classic is a pertinent device for legacy users and will very likely drain a lot of them into the BB10/BES side. Eventually it will also seduce some former consumers for the love of one handed accurate typing.

Some have black shoes and do average presentation, leading others to nitpick brown ones (the shoes, not presentation) of brillant presenters.
    In the meantime our favorite SP is heading well and our English car lover seems to be spot on, again.

The old SF is commenting in a language that requires at least 3 years of daily training to handle and the moon is over his head while the sun's on most others' as he types (pardon my Royal 'he' !).

All is quiet on new BlackBerry's days
    Have a nice evening, gang !

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:52 PM
    Bits and pieces from the Q&A with JC (from BBM Channel):
    When you "quote" these treasures they don't show up again in a "quote" and get lost in the noise. So I am posting it again.

Bits and pieces from the Q&A with JC (from BBM Channel)
    • Multiple Colours Planned For The BlackBerry Classic: Blue, Bronze, Red and more.
    • Multiple Devices W/ One BBID "Coming Soon"
    • 10.3.1 Expected In February Time-Frame
    • BlackBerry Classic Will Only Be Available in Canada Before Christmas - US After Christmas
    • No comment on Classic selling out
    • BlackBerry Is Working Hard On The "App Gap"
    • Classic is aimed at Enterprise (for now)
    • China market to be addressed in 2015/16
    • Carriers are showing more support
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-17-14 at 05:40 PM.
    12-17-14 04:53 PM
    I haven't yet been able to find much on QNX/Maserati, but this:

Long ago, Chrysler chose QNX, a secure form of UNIX, for its telematics systems (“UConnect”). Fiat, meanwhile, continues to use Microsoft-based systems, but not in its Maseratis, which share Chrysler’s setup.
    News: Ford to join Chrysler on QNX | Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News
    12-17-14 05:07 PM
    When you "quote" these treasures the don't show up again in a "quote" and get lost in the noise. So I am posting it again.
    Damn, I'm out of thanks! So THANKS for reiterating those points, Bunga! Let's follow up with checkpoints throughout 2015.

Great day fellas, for BBRY, HALO and the markets! Let's continue the momentum right back to post Samsung partnership announcement levels where we belong. Exactly as many of us predicted... *cough* MORGAN *cough*

PS - I've got a Classic in my Amazon cart ready to pull the trigger. I'm still in my honeymoon phase with my Passport and see no reason to switch, but will vow right here and now to make the commitment to buy the Classic just to have as a spare toy (not to be confused with iToy) if we pass through $12 on Friday.

PPS - I bought a red Q5 on eBay for my collection last week. It's a great little device and runs 10.3.1 like a champ. It was a steal so I couldn't pass it up, but I really just bought it to make sure I maintain a complete BB set!
    12-17-14 05:27 PM
    Beer-Thirty boys! See ya at the bar...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:29 PM
    I have a leaked 10.3.1
    Which version exactly? I'm on OS version 10.3.0.1052. I was thinking about jumping up to 3.1.

BB10 4 ME
    12-17-14 05:54 PM
    Better quality video of that previously posted JC interview on Fox Business:
    BlackBerry CEO Talks ?Classic? Release, Company Outlook | Fox Business

Pretty good interview, I think. Straightforward talk from JC.
    12-17-14 06:06 PM
    Damn, I'm out of thanks! So THANKS for reiterating those points, Bunga! Let's follow up with checkpoints throughout 2015.

Great day fellas, for BBRY, HALO and the markets! Let's continue the momentum right back to post Samsung partnership announcement levels where we belong. Exactly as many of us predicted... *cough* MORGAN *cough*

PS - I've got a Classic in my Amazon cart ready to pull the trigger. I'm still in my honeymoon phase with my Passport and see no reason to switch, but will vow right here and now to make the commitment to buy the Classic just to have as a spare toy (not to be confused with iToy) if we pass through $12 on Friday.

PPS - I bought a red Q5 on eBay for my collection last week. It's a great little device and runs 10.3.1 like a champ. It was a steal so I couldn't pass it up, but I really just bought it to make sure I maintain a complete BB set!
    Jeepers I am glad you didn't see my shoes. They are built for throwing.

I have a collection of BlackBerry phones as well. The only BB10 device I don't have is the new Classic. I will have one as soon as the bronze or red ones are released in Canada.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb10-phones.jpg
    12-17-14 06:23 PM
    Is Gadway wearing brown shoes? Thank goodness this event isn't in London. Still, he's doing a decent job here. Reasonably well done.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my! Brown shoes?!?

And to think I was concerned when i noticed a booger on his finger as he motioned about.
    Dang!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 06:33 PM
    I have the 10.3.1.1154.
    Which version exactly? I'm on OS version 10.3.0.1052. I was thinking about jumping up to 3.1.

BB10 4 ME
    StormieTwo likes this.
    12-17-14 06:45 PM
    Can't be fire where there's smoke?

This then may help explain the attitudes of some of the sales people.

Canadian court to order Apple to turn over records in iPhone probe

Randall Palmer
    OTTAWA — Reuters
    Published Wednesday, Dec. 17 2014, 11:15 AM EST
    Last updated Wednesday, Dec. 17 2014, 1:52 PM EST

The Federal Court of Canada agreed on Wednesday to order Apple Inc’s Canadian subsidiary to turn over documents to the Competition Bureau to help investigate whether Apple unfairly used its market power to promote the sale of iPhones.

In seeking the order, the Competition Bureau said agreements Apple negotiated with wireless carriers may have cut into competition by encouraging the companies to maintain or boost the price of rival phones.

Federal Court Chief Justice Paul Crampton told the court he would sign the order later on Wednesday.

At issue is whether Apple misused the extraordinary bargaining power that the popularity of iPhone has given it in negotiating contracts with mobile carriers.

Under the order, Apple will have 90 days to turn over the documents, which include agreements it has reached with Canadian mobile carriers.

Competition Bureau lawyer Derek Leschinsky said Apple lawyers have suggested the company might launch a constitutional challenge of the right of Canadian courts to force Apple’s wholly owned Canadian subsidiary to turn over records held by the California-based parent company.

He noted, however, that the provision of the Competition Act that gives Canadian courts the power to compel the production of documents held outside Canada has never been found to be unconstitutional.

Chief Justice Crampton said there is increasing legal consensus around the world that such provisions are legitimate.

The Competition Bureau said that among the items it is investigating is whether Apple Canada contracts may have discouraged wireless carriers from reducing the price of other companies’ handsets, or whether Apple encouraged them to maintain or boost the price of wireless services for competing handsets.
    12-17-14 06:58 PM
    Jeepers I am glad you didn't see my shoes. They are built for throwing.

I have a collection of BlackBerry phones as well. The only BB10 device I don't have is the new Classic. I will have one as soon as the bronze or red ones are released in Canada.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB10 phones.jpg 
Views:	1185 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	321452
    Let's have a garage sale.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 07:30 PM
    BlackBerry Launches the BlackBerry Classic in Singapore

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/14 -- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY)(TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today launched the BlackBerry� Classic" in Singapore. The no-nonsense smartphone built to meet the needs of productive people who appreciate the speed and accuracy that can be found with a physical QWERTY keyboard is available island-wide through each of the three major network operators, M1, SingTel and StarHub.

Cameron Vernest, Managing Director, Singapore & The Philippines, BlackBerry, said: "We're delighted our three loyal partners, M1, SingTel and StarHub, are now selling BlackBerry Classic so our mutual customers across Singapore can benefit from the powerful communications experience BlackBerry Bold and Curve users have been waiting for. BlackBerry Classic is a secure device that feels familiar in their hands, with the added performance and agility they need to be competitive in today's busy world.
    12-17-14 09:21 PM
    Can't be fire where there's smoke?

This then may help explain the attitudes of some of the sales people.

Canadian court to order Apple to turn over records in iPhone probe

Randall Palmer
    OTTAWA � Reuters
    Published Wednesday, Dec. 17 2014, 11:15 AM EST
    Last updated Wednesday, Dec. 17 2014, 1:52 PM EST

The Federal Court of Canada agreed on Wednesday to order Apple Inc�s Canadian subsidiary to turn over documents to the Competition Bureau to help investigate whether Apple unfairly used its market power to promote the sale of iPhones.

In seeking the order, the Competition Bureau said agreements Apple negotiated with wireless carriers may have cut into competition by encouraging the companies to maintain or boost the price of rival phones.

Federal Court Chief Justice Paul Crampton told the court he would sign the order later on Wednesday.

At issue is whether Apple misused the extraordinary bargaining power that the popularity of iPhone has given it in negotiating contracts with mobile carriers.

Under the order, Apple will have 90 days to turn over the documents, which include agreements it has reached with Canadian mobile carriers.

Competition Bureau lawyer Derek Leschinsky said Apple lawyers have suggested the company might launch a constitutional challenge of the right of Canadian courts to force Apple�s wholly owned Canadian subsidiary to turn over records held by the California-based parent company.

He noted, however, that the provision of the Competition Act that gives Canadian courts the power to compel the production of documents held outside Canada has never been found to be unconstitutional.

Chief Justice Crampton said there is increasing legal consensus around the world that such provisions are legitimate.

The Competition Bureau said that among the items it is investigating is whether Apple Canada contracts may have discouraged wireless carriers from reducing the price of other companies� handsets, or whether Apple encouraged them to maintain or boost the price of wireless services for competing handsets.
    We should revisit this in 90-120 days to see if there's compliance or if those records mysteriously vanish or get accidentally destroyed.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:27 PM
    I don't know if this has been posted. However, I know we all like surveys.

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/12/17/Po...ackBerry-.aspx

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    CDM76, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-18-14 01:12 AM
    Not to belabor the point, but Gadway wore brown shoes at the Passport event too :-). Must be his signature
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post10880077

In any event, I thought he did a great job of showing off the Classic. He simply flew through the demos. Way faster than I can manage on my Passport, which I'm still getting used to. I can see many of my friends and colleagues either returning to BlackBerry or upgrading from Z10s and 9900s.

Don't need a visa to travel to London, but the brown shoes in a business setting...just poor fashion sense...

Gadway gave a good talk though. Chen's opener was terrible, and Beard isn't much of a public speaker...and the phone looks great. All these statements are true...I promise

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-18-14 02:13 AM
113,256 ... 30453046304730483049 ...