View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Here is my only beef with O'Leary. When the Z10 came out, he gushed, when the Passport came out he gushed....now they are crap and dorky.

All the same, the plug is nice. Must say, I am very swayed towards the Classic. In my line of work, I simply have no choice but to get s&*t done, and this looks like it will be a step up from my Z30, which I consider to be an excellent device.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    12-17-14 10:52 AM
    Where is Samsung/Blackberry event?
    yes, where is it?
    12-17-14 10:54 AM
    DANG IT!!!! This is two days too early! I was going to cycle out of BBRY after the ER pop and put some of that to work in HALO waiting for this 'call' !

Good call Morgan!

I'm too true to BBRY and believe (with some hope too) the numbers will be GOOD Friday morning!
    Nice call Morgan!

Us die hard Bbry are like Leaf fans.

Let's hope for the best on Friday! Good luck to all the longs and may Christmas come soon.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 10:57 AM
    12-17-14 11:04 AM
    Is there going to be a further announcement later today? I thought I read something about Samsung and Blackberry doing an update about their partnership before the closing bell.

BlackBerry is up ~2.% right now, but the overall market is also up so I don't think the classic launch is moving the dial. everybody is waiting to hear the ER.

As for them breaking out numbers for different devices, don't count on it. I had to dig and dig to get breakouts for BBOS vs BB10. I think we can safely assume the BBOS device sales are nearing the end. The Classic will be pushed HARD at anyone looking for a new bold.

OT HALO is trying to regain ground lost in the market selloff from last week.
    Under the terms of the agreement, Halozyme has granted to Janssen a worldwide license to develop and commercialize products for up to five targets combining rHuPH20 with Janssen's proprietary compounds. Halozyme will receive an initial payment of $15 million, and is eligible to receive additional payments upon Janssen's achievement of specified development, regulatory and sales-based milestones, totaling up to $566 million. Halozyme is also entitled to royalty payments based on net sales of products using the ENHANZE technology. Under the collaboration, Janssen will also obtain access to Halozyme's expertise in developing and applying rHuPH20 to Janssen targets and will obtain a worldwide, exclusive license to develop and commercialize product combinations of rHuPH20 and Janssen target compounds resulting from the collaboration.

I like it.
    OT

Yea I'm loving my gains on HALO Though I wish I had bought in more yesterday. Didnt see this announcement coming today so I wanted to wait to see if we'd get another morning drop on it. Oh well still making money.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 11:07 AM
    The New York Times has a favorable review of the Classic:

And for getting work done, especially if that work involves typing long emails or even documents, the BlackBerry Classic is the right tool for the job. The keyboard is simply wonderful.

Touch screens have come a long way, to be sure, and typing on a virtual keyboard can be fast and seamless. But after a few days of getting used to the physical keyboard, you can just fly. And it’s oddly satisfying to use – – the BlackBerry projects a sense of productivity and even status.
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/1...src=busln&_r=1
    Corbu, lech31, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    12-17-14 11:14 AM
    For those of you who haven't seen JC on CBS + a brief write-up:
    BlackBerry CEO on the new BlackBerry Classic and the need to be "cooler" - CBS News

For now, Chen's strategy is to focus on enterprise customers -- business, government and healthcare -- which make up most of the company's base. BlackBerry is popular with corporations and the Pentagon because of its security and privacy capabilities, which Chen said will continue to be top priority in the near term.

In the next generation it will put greater emphasis on consumer-friendly features to gain back customers to add to its current 40 to 45 million subscribers, most of whom are bankers, lawyers or government employees.

"Over time I have to solve another problem. People need to think this is a cooler phone," Chen said. "We'll probably come out with 10 different colors," he quipped.
    12-17-14 11:22 AM
    Here is my only beef with O'Leary. When the Z10 came out, he gushed, when the Passport came out he gushed....now they are crap and dorky.

All the same, the plug is nice. Must say, I am very swayed towards the Classic. In my line of work, I simply have no choice but to get s&*t done, and this looks like it will be a step up from my Z30, which I consider to be an excellent device.
    I agree. He praised all the devices when they were launched... now he is saying otherwise.

The BB10 OS is miles better, but die hard 9900 users found the new OS and hardware hard to use together without the familiar hard keys.

I bet when he had the PP his 9900 financial friends made fun of it....hence his dorky comments now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 11:27 AM
    Amazon now has the Classic available for delivery tomorrow if you order in the next 4 hours...
    bbjdog likes this.
    12-17-14 11:28 AM
    The New York Times has a favorable review of the Classic:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/1...src=busln&_r=1
    LoL "in order to use short cuts, phone needs to be turned on and screen needs to be unlocked" is a quirk? wow. where do they find these writers? if it was the other way around then it would have been a quirk that phone is a pocket dialer? cant win.
    12-17-14 11:38 AM
    12-17-14 11:39 AM
    The best part of today for me is Blend. Such an underrated piece of software. Update so you can use it on all BB10 devices now.

BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada
    12-17-14 11:47 AM
    The best part of today for me is Blend. Such an underrated piece of software. Update so you can use it on all BB10 devices now.

Ya definitely.

Seems like a nice USP for only new devices to prompt upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:50 AM
    Climb baby climb

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20141217_125223.png

12-17-14 11:52 AM
    Overall, a good job presenting. However, with bold customers being the primary target, I'd like to have seen these three things highlighted.

1. Classic can connect via active sync w/o bes (e.g., if a business' client doesn't use bes, can sill add their account in addition to your own)

2. USB, cloud and remote file access to support collaboration and productivity

3. HDMI out /miracast support (e.g., for business presentations)

Jeff G., does your team read our beloved thread?

Fingers crossed for a strong message on Friday.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    12-17-14 12:00 PM
    Can we get back to over $10 today? It is about time that shorts get whipped.
    La Emperor and georg4BB like this.
    12-17-14 12:01 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. Classic review: A device that takes users back to the future | Financial Post

All in all, however, I’m happy with the Classic. The hardware is solid, albeit a tad heavy. The keyboard is pure BlackBerry, a good thing indeed. BlackBerry has done a good job tweaking the operating system to accommodate old and new; the browser in particular has been brought into this century.

I suspect that anyone who loved their old BlackBerry Bold (or anyone who wants a phone with a good keyboard) will love the Classic. And that, I’m told, was the plan.

It worked.
    12-17-14 12:03 PM
    Wake me up when we are over 12 and hold it for a week lol
    12-17-14 12:11 PM
    Can we get back to over $10 today? It is about time that shorts get whipped.
    I think we are heading for $ 10.00 right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry-dec-17-2014.png

Since our selloff, the stock has traded below its 3-ema, today we moved above that level and it implies a run to the 50-dma. Now with such huge news coming Friday morning, we could arrive there and back off quickly. A great day so far and man do I like that Classic!
    rim4ever, W Hoa, ibpluto and 16 others like this.
    12-17-14 12:12 PM
    Man they need a legit commercial showing off BlackBerry blend. I follow and invest in BlackBerry and even I didn't know it was this good. I thought it would be a laggy POS like Link has been over the years.

All my contacts are asking me how the hell I'm replying so quickly with such lengthy responses. I told them to get a BlackBerry and I'd let them in on the secret. Lol.
    12-17-14 12:17 PM
    More typical G&M stuff:
    Review: BlackBerry Classic is a trip back in time - The Globe and Mail

I won't post it in extenso this time. Getting tired of their biais.
    Canadian Company, Globe and Mail with Axe to grind with BlackBerry. Mr negative, we shall see!

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog likes this.
    12-17-14 12:20 PM

Yes. The Campers are happy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11169833
    bbjdog, La Emperor and jxnb like this.
    12-17-14 12:22 PM
    Yay 10.00$
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20141217_132359.png

bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-17-14 12:24 PM
    Morgan hit the nail on the head. $10, once again...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:24 PM
    In any event, let's hope I am wrong and you are right as to the CSE 2015 concept car. We shall soon know:
    QNX at CES 2015
    I think J.C killed the surprise (not Jag) ... but ... should I repeat it ?
    12-17-14 12:26 PM
106,760 ... 30423043304430453046 ...