413 37.34%
    12-17-14 10:07 AM
    Are you really serious? Really?
    Lol, serious shoes for serious presentations

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 10:07 AM
    BlackBerry Sill Gold Standard for Security: Gleeson: Video - Bloomberg

Dec. 17 (Bloomberg) -- IHS Senior Technology Analyst Daniel Gleeson discusses the outlook for BlackBerry and why world leaders still rely on the company's products. He speaks with Francine Lacqua and Guy Johnson on Bloomberg Televisions The Pulse. (Source: Bloomberg)
    For the users, the keyboard is a high priority for certain users.
    For IT departments, the security is by far the biggest selling point.
    They are still the gold standard for security.
    Neither the iphone and especially not the android competitors come close.
    12-17-14 10:09 AM
    Good morning gang! I'm bouncing around trying to keep up with current events and see there's lots going on and lots of positive news out there today. Hope everyone has a safe and productive day out there.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-17-14 10:11 AM
    I think those shoes were suede as well...unbelievable...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:13 AM
    I think those shoes were suede as well...unbelievable...

Posted via CB10
    Enough of your foolishness here. This is not a fashion thread. if you want to discuss what you think are fashion trends please start your own thread.
    12-17-14 10:22 AM
    He has a point tho but if we are going to compare fashion does everyone remember the SCARF guy from the Iphone 6 web cast
    12-17-14 10:24 AM
    12-17-14 10:25 AM
    He has a point tho but if we are going to compare fashion does everyone remember the SCARF guy from the Iphone 6 web cast
    Fashion is very subjective. Why do we wanna start this?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    12-17-14 10:29 AM
    I thought the presentation went really well. I'm not a fan of QWERTY Keyboards but I kinda want a classic now just to play with it. Loved the features loved that they worked right on stage lol.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy, CDM76 and rarsen like this.

We dont

sidhuk, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-17-14 10:31 AM
    Classic is Chen's baby. From all his interviews, I have always gotten this feeling that Chen is way way more excited about Classic than Passport. He truly believes Classic will succeed and sell like hell.

But today his presentation, for a device I thought he was so excited for, was a little lacking. Jeff Gadway was much better.

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-17-14 10:32 AM

I was just trolling lol
    sidhuk, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-17-14 10:33 AM
    Earlier today BGC Partners‘s Colin Gillis wrote:

Sales of the Passport phone could be a source of upside in the quarter even though the company had a limited initial production run that effectively sold out. We expect sales of the Passport phone to provide $270 million in revenue with 450K units sold at an average price of $600 USD. This is 52% of our $518 million hardware revenue estimate, and we expect that the Passport should have a positive impact on overall average selling prices. We mention the phone has been well received in its target market, with 444 5-star reviews out of the 508 total on Amazon for an overall 4.8 rating. We expect the Passport to have a positive margin contribution
    BlackBerry Unveils ?Classic? with Echoes of ?Bold?; BGC Ups to Buy - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    sidhuk, bungaboy, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    12-17-14 10:34 AM
    DANG IT!!!! This is two days too early! I was going to cycle out of BBRY after the ER pop and put some of that to work in HALO waiting for this 'call' !

Good call Morgan!

I'm too true to BBRY and believe (with some hope too) the numbers will be GOOD Friday morning!
    bbjdog, sidhuk, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 10:38 AM
    Maserati with QNX
    AT&T and Verizon will carry classic, I'm glad that Blackberry come back to US market.
    Where is Samsung/Blackberry event?
    bungaboy, bbjdog, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 10:39 AM
    Enough of your foolishness here. This is not a fashion thread. if you want to discuss what you think are fashion trends please start your own thread.
    It's a London thing: no brown in town...if he'd worn those in the City he'd have been laughed at. That was the reference you'd be surprised how fashion conscious businessmen are over here

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK and gg22 like this.
    12-17-14 10:40 AM
    That narrative seems to be a clever ploy at setting BlackBerry for failure. 450k Passport units sold - believable. Average ASP $599 - not at all. We all know that BlackBerry had sales, coupons on Passport. So, their overall ASP couldn't have been more than $500.

Remember that Channels would usually get Passport for atleast 15% less than retail price to allow for reasonable margins for retailers.

So, this narrative seems to be cleverly setting BlackBerry for failure by pinning unrealistic expectations.

Day after tomorrow - they can be like 'oops, BlackBerry sold less than what we expected, ASP was lower than expected and so now we are downgrading BlackBerry to underperform with price target of $10' or some bs along those lines.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:41 AM
    Love what John Chen said at the end. We are not giving the Blackberry Classic away to anyone, if you want one we will give you a discount. Loving it!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 10:41 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20141217_114411.png

All this green has me in the Christmas mood

12-17-14 10:45 AM
    12-17-14 10:47 AM
    12-17-14 10:48 AM
    Is there going to be a further announcement later today? I thought I read something about Samsung and Blackberry doing an update about their partnership before the closing bell.

BlackBerry is up ~2.% right now, but the overall market is also up so I don't think the classic launch is moving the dial. everybody is waiting to hear the ER.

As for them breaking out numbers for different devices, don't count on it. I had to dig and dig to get breakouts for BBOS vs BB10. I think we can safely assume the BBOS device sales are nearing the end. The Classic will be pushed HARD at anyone looking for a new bold.

OT HALO is trying to regain ground lost in the market selloff from last week.
    Under the terms of the agreement, Halozyme has granted to Janssen a worldwide license to develop and commercialize products for up to five targets combining rHuPH20 with Janssen's proprietary compounds. Halozyme will receive an initial payment of $15 million, and is eligible to receive additional payments upon Janssen's achievement of specified development, regulatory and sales-based milestones, totaling up to $566 million. Halozyme is also entitled to royalty payments based on net sales of products using the ENHANZE technology. Under the collaboration, Janssen will also obtain access to Halozyme's expertise in developing and applying rHuPH20 to Janssen targets and will obtain a worldwide, exclusive license to develop and commercialize product combinations of rHuPH20 and Janssen target compounds resulting from the collaboration.

I like it.
    jxnb, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-17-14 10:51 AM
105,637 ... 30413042304330443045 ...