View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "I'm open to the idea of finding a way for a customer to get a BlackBerry on T-Mobile," he said.
    I have an ex girlfriend who says that she's open to find a way to get back together but I'd have to be better looking, make a lot more money, and be a better person, overall. Other than that she's definitely open to it.
    12-16-14 11:18 AM
    I have an ex girlfriend who says that she's open to find a way to get back together but I'd have to be better looking, make a lot more money, and be a better person, overall. Other than that she's definitely open to it.
    I have a feeling you have more than one...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:22 AM
    BlackBerry: UBS Sees Volatility Around ?Classic,? Samsung, Earnings Events - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

BlackBerry (BBRY) tomorrow will host the unveiling of the long-awaited “BlackBerry Classic,” a handset that is considered the first design effort under CEO John Chen, who took the top spot in November of last year.

You will be able to follow the event, taking place in New York City, starting at 10 am, via a webcast on the BlackBerry Web site.

That event is followed by a joint press conference with Samsung Electronics (005930KS) to discuss a partnership between the two to make their device management software work together, first announced last month.

And then Friday morning brings the company’s fiscal Q3 report.

UBS’s Amitabh Passi weighed in with some thoughts on the company this morning, reiterating a Neutral rating and a $9.50 price target, writing of the three events that “We expect shares to remain volatile given the upcoming newsflow, with bouts of euphoria followed by periods of disillusionment.”

“While John Chen and his management team have infused a new level of optimism and energy, we continue to believe the long-term outlook for the company is still unclear and the range of outcomes still wide,” writes Passi.

Passi models Q3 revenue of $922 million and a 4-cent loss per share. That compares to Street consensus for $937 million and a 5-cent loss.

BlackBerry shares are up 4 cents, or 0.4%, at $9.47 today.
    crackerdoodle, jxnb, W Hoa and 5 others like this.
    12-16-14 11:28 AM
    12-16-14 11:59 AM
    Now this is analysis I can get behind:

UBS’s Amitabh Passi weighed in with some thoughts on the company this morning, reiterating a Neutral rating and a $9.50 price target, writing of the three events that “We expect shares to remain volatile given the upcoming newsflow, with bouts of euphoria followed by periods of disillusionment.”

.....followed by bouts of euphoria.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 12-16-14 at 12:28 PM.
    12-16-14 12:05 PM
    ... with bouts of euphoria followed by periods of disillusionment.”

.....followed by bouts of euphoria.

Isn't there some medication for that?
    12-16-14 12:43 PM
    Thursday I might do some call options.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-16-14 01:21 PM
    Just heard a Staples ad on the radio advertising the BlackBerry Z10 for $229! Awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:34 PM
    Hey all, just spent some time reading several articles on military software encryption and strengthened software security and was wondering if anybody's heard anything on Blackberry using biometrics and then found my answer right on their website. LOL. I find these things extremely interesting.

Biometric recognition and authentication - Feature and Technical Overview - BlackBerry Java Application - 5.0
    12-16-14 02:10 PM
    Isn't there some medication for that?
    Absolutely, it's called DVI.
    12-16-14 02:20 PM
    I have a feeling you have more than one...

Posted via CB10
    Inflatables . . . . like air bags, dolls and egos . . . can all be dangerous to your health.
    12-16-14 03:04 PM
    Just heard a Staples ad on the radio advertising the BlackBerry Z10 for $229! Awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    Future Shock and Best Buy show $149.99 for Telus outright purchase. Unfortunately OOS.
    sidhuk and Kris Erickson like this.
    12-16-14 03:07 PM
    WIndmobile to carry the Classic!

They were no longer carrying any BB!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141216_161335.png

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:16 PM
    Hey all, just spent some time reading several articles on military software encryption and strengthened software security and was wondering if anybody's heard anything on Blackberry using biometrics and then found my answer right on their website. LOL. I find these things extremely interesting.

Biometric recognition and authentication - Feature and Technical Overview - BlackBerry Java Application - 5.0
    Not for bb10 if a Java API, correct?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:21 PM
    ...This market is ridiculous!

... Or really good; depending on how you trade!
    12-16-14 03:48 PM
    Not for bb10 if a Java API, correct?

Posted via CB10
    It's part of the BES12 and is included in their biometrics package used with smartcards and readers. So, those using the smartcards can incorporate that measure if needed/wanted. While my current organization does not use the readers, I see these being used my some of the IT folks working in certain protected facilities.
    Last edited by lcjr; 12-16-14 at 04:00 PM.
    bungaboy, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-16-14 03:49 PM
    Nice!

That will stir-up the Rooster coop!
    12-16-14 03:51 PM
    Whoa that's unexpected. No way they would be anywhere near nasdaq's headquarters if they knew the stock was going to tank this ER.
    I'll point you to you previous post then:

Good news = (...)

Lol.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-16-14 03:53 PM
    Hey Early,

Start by buying her a Classic.

)
    12-16-14 04:05 PM
    It's a loan we already made in 2012 and they just paid back. So basically it's already booked and we skim the rate difference. Good deal for taxpayer, unless Vodaphone goes bk of course, lol.

Posted via CB10
    So the EDC made this loan 2 years ago and now it's making news because it's been paid back?
    12-16-14 04:07 PM
    Pretty good picture of the Passport on the Blackberry BES site. They should take that website page as is and post it on roadside billboards all over the place, to include subways..

Identity and Access ? BlackBerry Products & Services - United States
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-16-14 04:10 PM
    ... Sorry for the spam fellas,

Haven't been around much, and have some pent up energy.

Now, where did my wife go...?
    ibpluto, bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    12-16-14 04:10 PM
    This is an additional loan, a second one. The first one has been repaid, they're taking another, it's beneficial to BlackBerry because they're getting most of the loan back in terms of purchases of hardware/software. The Canadian crown Corp also makes money on the interest and taxes generated as a result of the economic transactions.

It's an indirect way to support the company without actually putting money into it. You can see it as a vote of confidence. The loan is for five years.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:14 PM
    So the EDC made this loan 2 years ago and now it's making news because it's been paid back?
    No. They made a similar loan in 2012 that is now paid back.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    12-16-14 04:16 PM
    ... Sorry for the spam fellas,

Haven't been around much, and have some pent up energy.

Now, where did my wife go...?
    Here she is!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-movie_smurfette.png

Door wide open for this one.
    12-16-14 04:51 PM
113,256 ... 30363037303830393040 ...