Posts 483 ibpluto
    Posts 459 CDM76
    Posts 458 StormieTwo
    Posts 455 Bilaal
    Posts 455 peter9477
    Posts 455 chrysaurora
    Posts 453 Soumaila Somtore
    12-11-14 12:55 PM
    BlackBerry?s ?Underperform? Rating Reiterated at Credit Suisse (BBRY) - Mideast Time

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)‘s stock had its “underperform” rating restated by research analysts at Credit Suisse in a report released on Thursday.

Other equities research analysts have also recently issued reports about the stock. Analysts at Morgan Stanley downgraded shares of BlackBerry from an “equal weight” rating to an “underweight” rating in a research note on Wednesday, November 19th. They now have a $7.00 price target on the stock. Separately, analysts at Cormark upgraded shares of BlackBerry from a “market perform” rating to a “speculative buy” rating in a research note on Friday, November 14th. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $11.50. Finally, analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. raised their price target on shares of BlackBerry from $10.00 to $13.00 in a research note on Friday, November 14th. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock. Seven equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, seventeen have given a hold rating and one has assigned a buy rating to the stock. BlackBerry has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $9.34.
    jxnb and rarsen like this.
    12-11-14 12:57 PM
    This one must have been difficult to write for its author....
    Ford Dumps Microsoft in Favor of BlackBerry to Power Car Entertainment System | Re/code

Ford announced the latest version of its in-car entertainment and mapping system today.

And while it touted all kinds of new features, the carmaker downplayed the really big change that took place — under the hood, if you will. Instead of using Microsoft’s technology, as the two prior versions had, Ford’s latest system, called Sync 3, uses a version of BlackBerry’s QNX operating system.

The change underscores how cars are becoming a key battleground for mobile operating systems. Both Google and Apple have been pitching their own technologies, along with Microsoft and QNX, which is widely used in today’s systems.

Carmakers, on the other hand, have been wary of ceding too much control. As a result, Google’s Android Auto and Apple’s CarPlay are forced to act as secondary interfaces that take over only when a Google or Apple smartphone is connected.

Microsoft had made much of its partnership with Ford, which dates back to the debut of the first Sync system back in 2007. This post on Microsoft’s site has a lot of the early history of the company’s in-car efforts, which started in the 1990s.

The new QNX-powered system does add more modern features, including a capacitive touchscreen, pinch and zoom gestures, the ability to get software updates over Wi-Fi and support for iPhone owners to use Siri. Among the services it works with are Spotify, iHeartRadio and NPR One.

Bloomberg reported in February that Ford was planning to switch to QNX, but the companies didn’t confirm that at the time.

Asked about the decisions that led to the switch, Ford said in a statement that its “hardware and software decisions were based on identifying the technology that would best meet the expectations for performance by our customers.”

The two companies continue to work together on other areas, with Ford saying that Microsoft remains an important partner and the software maker adding that it is working to use its Azure cloud-based operating system to power a variety of mobile experiences, including connected cars.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fordsynchs.jpeg

Last edited by Corbu; 12-11-14 at 01:51 PM.
    jxnb, bungaboy, georg4BB and 3 others like this.
    12-11-14 01:01 PM
    OT: For a special kinda guy!

In Pictures

The making of Morgan: Inside the iconic auto maker's factory

PETER CHENEY
    Malvern, England � The Globe and Mail
    Published Thursday, Dec. 11 2014, 5:00 AM EST
    Last updated Thursday, Dec. 11 2014, 5:06 AM EST

Peter Cheney explores the Morgan plant, where hand-craftsmanship is still championed

The making of Morgan: Inside the iconic auto maker's factory - The Globe and Mail

Attachment 320057
    bungaboy !!!!!

Thanks for posting this! I never get tired of reading Morgan related information, they have been a part of my life for a very long time now. You make me want to click on "Hemmings Motors News" and look for another car for the collection! My wife would kill me! LOL

In addition, crazy post about the contributors to this thread ...... you know you can't possibly mention all of us so you are going to hear from that!

Anyway, it's fun to read about something other than BlackBerry while we impatiently await the Q3 results. I see the stock is sticking to the 50-dma again. GL
    12-11-14 01:17 PM
    These analysts have been predicting death of BlackBerry for such a long time now. Howcome people haven't stopped listening to them? I am not talking about individual retail investors like us but institutional investors.

Howcome they haven't stopped listening to analysts who have been proven wrong again and again about demise of BlackBerry??

BlackBerry is not dead has roughly same amount of cash as it did several quarters ago. So, why keep listening to doomsday analysts?

When they stop listening to analysts, money would flow in, short interest would go down and stock would go up.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:36 PM
    So i guess ford is going to need one big BES12 license for all those cars runninf sync3 to manage them all BIG money
    12-11-14 01:46 PM
    So i guess ford is going to need one big BES12 license for all those cars runninf sync3 to manage them all BIG money
    Shall I say monthly recurring rev for the next, let's say 8 years for each car...
    bungaboy, lcjr, spike12 and 1 others like this.
    12-11-14 01:57 PM
    FWIW:
    Five predictions for Canadian tech in 2015 - The Globe and Mail
    Five predictions for Canadian tech in 2015

The past five years have brought some major changes to Canada�s technology landscape. BlackBerry, the only iconic Canadian tech company of the last decade, laid off more than half its workforce and saw its market share plunge to nearly zero. Yet, BlackBerry�s implosion laid the foundation for the exciting and dynamic tech scene we see today.

Over the past few years, a startling number of tech startups have emerged across the country, as well as several new anchor companies like Shopify and Hootsuite. The growing number of new venture capital funds in Canada, particularly early-stage ones, are also helping to fuel this growth.

So, what will 2015 bring? Here are five predictions:

1. BlackBerry will successfully complete its pivot. There was a time when it was unclear if BlackBerry would continue to exist or be sold off for parts. Yet with a renewed focus on the �power� enterprise users in healthcare, government, and a few other sectors, BlackBerry has begun to stabilize. While the brand will never return to its 2009 status, we can expect to see a full financial turnaround and profitability in 2015.

jxnb, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-11-14 01:59 PM
    The new BES 12 subscription model looks like:

Silver – $23/year Advantage plan, $40/year Premium plan
    Gold – $72/year Advantage plan, $90/year Premium plan

I doubt ford will be paying full price but ford sells around 5 million cars a year. Im not sure how many will have sync 3 but i think this paints the picture of how much money is there for the taken. Lets just say in 5 years there is 7 million cars out there with sync3 and they pay only 10 dollars a car for there BES license, that is still 70 million rev from ford alone with the margins would be 90 percent. That is completely low balling it as well
    12-11-14 02:01 PM
    To celebrate Ford's good news, a quick look back:
    QNX Auto Blog: First impressions are the most lasting

As we look forward:
    QNX at CES 2015
    12-11-14 02:12 PM
    Damm Bungaboy!
    Where did you get these stats from ?
    I guess I have to flood again to stay in the list

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:34 PM
    bungaboy !!!!!

Thanks for posting this! I never get tired of reading Morgan related information, they have been a part of my life for a very long time now. You make me want to click on "Hemmings Motors News" and look for another car for the collection! My wife would kill me! LOL

In addition, crazy post about the contributors to this thread ...... you know you can't possibly mention all of us so you are going to hear from that!

Anyway, it's fun to read about something other than BlackBerry while we impatiently await the Q3 results. I see the stock is sticking to the 50-dma again. GL
    It's all good. We're all cool! Cause . . .

12-11-14 02:37 PM
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/PDSSGyPurmE?autoplay=1
    You knew I'll do that

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:40 PM
    BlackBerry has a "roller-coaster" week ahead, says Cormark - Cantech Letter

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-classic-400x300.jpg

Look for a lot of volatility around BlackBerry (TSX:BB, Nasdaq:BBRY) next week, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

In a research update to clients today, Tse previewed a week he thinks will be dominated by headlines. In the middle of the roller-coaster, the analyst believes investors should focus on the bigger picture.

“Headlines aside, we continue to see a company that’s in a meaningfully better position than it was 12 months ago – from a strategic, operating, and financial standpoint,” said Tse. “Looking back, while going concern was at issue a year ago, we believe this risk has moved to the background as the Management actions over the past year have bought time to execute on a credible business plan.”

Tse points out that BlackBerry will launch its anticipated BlackBerry Classic phone on Wednesday and report its Q3, 2015 results on Friday. Also in the mix, he expects, will be more detial on the company’s its Samsung KNOX partnership.

The Cormark analyst says he isn’t expecting spectacular results from BlackBerry in its third quarter, and says he thinks consensus estimates are actually a bit on the high side, revenue wise. He expects BlackBerry will post adjusted earnings of $0.06 a share (consensus is for $0.04) on revenue of $900-million (consensus is $944-million). In the bigger picture, Tse says he thinks BlackBerry’s earnings will steadily improve, while revenue will find its bottom this fiscal year.

In this morning’s update, Tse maintained his “Buy” rating and (U.S) $17.00 one-year target on BlackBerry.
    12-11-14 03:04 PM
    i bought more today. it's gonna go down for sure tomorrow!
    12-11-14 03:15 PM
    Thank you, if that does happen tomorrow. I'll be buying more myself.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-11-14 03:32 PM
    Credit Suisse maintained an Underperform rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $6. Analyst Kulbinder Garcha said

That pretty much stopped bbry's rally this morning.
    Both Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley hate blackberry that much.
    No they don't hate BlackBerry. Someone just needs cheap shares to cover.
    La Emperor, Munx and theRock1975 like this.
    12-11-14 03:36 PM
    If you look at this thread, unlike the passport we not only have FCC certification for the GSM version, but a Verizon version as well. (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-fcc-977376/).

That leads me to believe we will see both USA majors on board with this one. There is even a Verizon version with no camera - that's classic to the extreme
    Well no camera model is for the guv. Question is how many pre-orders will they put in for the Classic? Would be great to have 100K pre-orders just from US DoD.
    12-11-14 03:45 PM
    I agree about the device with no camera. Can't forget about those organizations that rely on that option. Speaking of which, those agencies within the DoD are getting more options than ever before. These are exciting times for us in the DoD, that's for sure.

Sent using my Q10!
    12-11-14 03:52 PM
    Bit OT: when are we likely to get news on the device releases for 2015 again? It was mentioned, but I can't remember...I'm here wondering whether to buy a Passport, or wait for what this other 'Passport' version is going to be.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-14 03:59 PM
    Bit OT: when are we likely to get news on the device releases for 2015 again? It was mentioned, but I can't remember...I'm here wondering whether to buy a Passport, or wait for what this other 'Passport' version is going to be.

Posted via CB10
    May be mumbles at the ER otherwise the Mobile World Conference, I believe.
    12-11-14 04:29 PM
    Thanks for your sacrifice. A drop to around 10 and I'll buy in for the second time in the last 7trading days... I'll eat up every share I can at these discount prices.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    12-11-14 04:45 PM
    OT: Where's there's smoke . . .

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals - The Globe and Mail
    12-11-14 04:57 PM
    OT: Where's there's smoke . . .

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals - The Globe and Mail
    Hurry! dump the evidence.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-imageca7zuhtm_1_1.jpg
    12-11-14 05:33 PM
    This may be a tad unpopular, but I'm going to post my chart. I'm glad that the ER is only 5 trading days away as I think it will limit the risk of fulfillment. I put my thoughts to words to a BBM contact on this very play back on Nov 26th. What I see is a textbook head and shoulders pattern. The 50-dma, and historical support has held but I think, with the low volume, uncertainty, and millions at stake, the formation could come to fruition. This would also limit the upside on a positive earnings. My target price range would be from $9.30-$9.50. The 200-dma as well as the uptrend from the lows should provide an enormous amount of support.

Of course, I welcome any of the really experience TA guys to comment and/or correct my view.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-44-.png
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 12-11-14 at 05:55 PM.
    12-11-14 05:43 PM
113,256 ... 30223023302430253026 ...