View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I frequent a Ukranian RIM employee forum. Yesterday I saw a thread where the employees were debating whether they should buy the new LaFerrari or the Lambo that have recently been released. They said they can't wait until after earnings bc their stock options will make them all multi millionaires. They said the z10 has sold more than any iphone ever has in a quarter. They also said that RIM had to hire all the recently laid off Foxconn workers to build extra z10s.

Oh and netflix and instagram will be out next week which is also when the z10 and q10 will be released in the US. Sorry, I can't provide a screenshot bc my print screen button is broken.
    Pierogis, what did they say about the Pierogis?
    03-05-13 08:42 PM
    Love reading these posts using my best Russian accent in my head.
    The dude has spoken.
    I did as well, but was in the washroom when I read it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 08:44 PM
    Pierogis, what did they say about the Pierogis?
    The Pierogis are warm and bountiful.
    bungaboy and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    03-05-13 08:46 PM
    I am well aware of what the articles say. Having held devices that havent been talked about I can say the prototype is definitely out there.
    03-05-13 08:46 PM
    I am well aware of what the articles say. Having held devices that havent been talked about I can say the prototype is definitely out there.
    Glad to hear that. Hope they can get them to the market place sooner. Personally I am fine with just the Z10 and Q10 for our marketplace in Canada and the USA for this next fiscal.
    03-05-13 08:53 PM
    Interesting information here:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/03/05/heres-what-this-14-billion-hedge-fund-company-ha.aspx
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 08:57 PM
    BlackBerry: It's All About The USA - Seeking Alpha

Love the numbers in this article...Q10 will be a solid foundation for BBRY.
    03-05-13 08:57 PM
    Glad to hear that. Hope they can get them to the market place sooner. Personally I am fine with just the Z10 and Q10 for our marketplace in Canada and the USA for this next fiscal.
    Now I never checked on who manufactured the device, just that it was running BB10, and got the proposed product name etc. I am curious if RIM/BB will release it though, as it depends entirely on which carriers will buy (and how many)
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    03-05-13 09:00 PM
    By the way...still waiting for screen shots of the Russian site.

Posted via CB10
    The guy is an obvious troll. I can not understand why crackberry allows these morons to post here.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-05-13 09:06 PM
    Lol he said that they were rerouting phones from india to usa. He must be the same guy as blackberryleaks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    Andrew4life likes this.
    03-05-13 09:10 PM
    The guy is an obvious troll. I can not understand why crackberry allows these morons to post here.
    I was telling for three days to sell and not to buy. BB went down during those days. Who are morons here feeding fake news?

BTW, There is no way BB can beat this price
    Nokia launches cheaper Windows smartphone - Tech & Gadget - MSN CA
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-05-13 09:10 PM
    Same reason we allow you to post here. Everyone is entitled to share their opinion and thoughts. If you don't like them or disagree.. ignore them and move on. Despite what you may think, having a difference of opinions does not make one a troll.. if that was the case, you'd have been booted from here long ago given the amount of reported posts we have AGAINST your opinion and thoughts. It doesn't take much to ignore a post or user, instead you feed into them and become part of the problem by calling everyone who has an opinion that differs from you a troll. Not exactly the best tactic at resolving the issue, if I say so myself.
    03-05-13 09:13 PM
    I was telling for three days to sell and not to buy. BB went down during those days. Who are morons here feeding fake news?

There is more to selling a phone then bottom of the barrel pricing and stop calling people morons and climb off your high horse before I take the opportunity to knock you off. If you can't manage to be civil, then you don't belong here and I can gladly show you the exit. I have a feeling you were shown it before.
    03-05-13 09:17 PM
    Sounds like this thread needs some cleaning again.
    03-05-13 09:22 PM

Why not ? Does Nokia have efficiencies of scale that BB does not ? Maybe.

Someone is offering a similar phone in Nigeria. It does seem like a nice phone for the money. BB did not leave much room for a
    "Z5 " based on specs. They need a Z5 running BB10 - yesterday.

Nokia Lumia 520 announced, ready to bring WP8 and dual-core to emerging markets for $180
    03-05-13 09:23 PM
    Following is the quote from today's note by James Faucette with Pacific Crest:
    "Since launch, we estimate that the Z10 has grabbed about 10% to 15% of the high-end smart- phone market and around 5% to 8% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom. Meanwhile, in Canada, we estimated that the Z10 has gained an applause-worthy 15% to 20% of the high-end smartphone market, while garnering roughly high single-digits to low double- digits in terms of total smartphone share."
    What he told us are:
    In just four weeks, Blackberry Z10 already consists of 5% to 8% and 9% to 13% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom and Canada, respectively.
    Since he is very bearish, I would think the truth is on the high end of his projection, so here we use the 8% and 13% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom and Canada.
    In UK and Canada, most of the smartphones have three year contract. So let us use 3 years as the Z10 life cycle.
    If the Z10 sell does not slow down and keep the same as the month of Feb, then in less than one year, the Z10 market share in UK and Canada would be 12 X 8% = 96% and 12 X 13% = 156%.
    Obvisouly, this cannot be. Therefore, the sell slow down is very natural. Let us assume that the average monthly sell of Z10 in next 12 months is only 25% of the sell number in Feb (which seems very reasonable based on his last bar in the chart), then at the end of the 12 months, the total market shares in UK and Canada will be 12 X 25% X 8% = 24% and 12 X 25% X 13% = 34%, which will be equal to the shares of current iPhone in UK and Canada.
    With such higher market shares, you now may guess what the stock price will be.
    Math is flawed. If BB sells 8% every month, then in 12 months, BlackBerry's marketshare will be 8% of the yearly sales. Not 96%. Similarly, if BB sells 13% of all smartphones every month, then BB's market at the end of the year would be 13% of that years smartphone sales, not 156%.

Say, there are 100 phone sales every month:
    So, BB sells 8 every month, that's a total of 96 phones in the year.
    Others (non-BB) are selling 92 phones a month (as BB is selling only 8). So, others sold 1104 phones.
    So, at the end of the year, total phone sales = 1200
    BB's share = 96/1200 = 8%

Your slowdown Math is also flawed. If BB sales slow down by 25%. Then:
    BB sold 8 devices (out of 100) in Feb. And 6 every month (after accounting for 25% slowdown).
    So, yearly sales for 11 months = 8 + (6*10) = 68
    If total sales are 1100 (100 phones x 11 months). Then BB's total share becomes 68/1100 = 6.8%
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    03-05-13 09:28 PM

Wow! I can't believe how cheap they have to go to sell a phone. I'm glad BlackBerry doesn't have to sell that low because that would definately jeopardize their quality.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-05-13 09:35 PM
    May someone help me to answer a question here?
    What does the "total smartphone share" quoted below mean:
    A. the number of Z10 phone sold / the total smartphones currently in service or
    B. the number of Z10 phone sold / the total smartphones sold in the same time period?
    Which one is the correct version?

Faucette with Pacific Crest: "Since launch, we estimate that the Z10 has grabbed about 10% to 15% of the high-end smart- phone market and around 5% to 8% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom. Meanwhile, in Canada, we estimated that the Z10 has gained an applause-worthy 15% to 20% of the high-end smartphone market, while garnering roughly high single-digits to low double- digits in terms of total smartphone share."
    03-05-13 09:36 PM
    Not to mention their margins

Wow! I can't believe how cheap they have to go to sell a phone. I'm glad BlackBerry doesn't have to sell that low because that would definately jeopardize their quality.
    03-05-13 09:39 PM
    May someone help me to answer a question here?
    What does the "total smartphone share" quoted below mean:
    A. the number of Z10 phone sold / the total smartphones currently in service or
    B. the number of Z10 phone sold / the total smartphones sold in the same time period?
    Which one is the correct version?

Faucette with Pacific Crest: "Since launch, we estimate that the Z10 has grabbed about 10% to 15% of the high-end smart- phone market and around 5% to 8% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom. Meanwhile, in Canada, we estimated that the Z10 has gained an applause-worthy 15% to 20% of the high-end smartphone market, while garnering roughly high single-digits to low double- digits in terms of total smartphone share."
    News media generally talks about "B" when they refer to Smartphone market share. That is:
    (BB Phones Sold/ Total Smartphones Sold ) in the same period
    03-05-13 09:41 PM
    Math is flawed. If BB sells 8% every month, then in 12 months, BlackBerry's marketshare will be 8% of the yearly sales. Not 96%. Similarly, if BB sells 13% of all smartphones every month, then BB's market at the end of the year would be 13% of that years smartphone sales, not 156%.

Say, there are 100 phone sales every month:
    So, BB sells 8 every month, that's a total of 96 phones in the year.
    Others (non-BB) are selling 92 phones a month (as BB is selling only 8). So, others sold 1104 phones.
    So, at the end of the year, total phone sales = 1200
    BB's share = 96/1200 = 8%

Your slowdown Math is also flawed. If BB sales slow down by 25%. Then:
    BB sold 8 devices (out of 100) in Feb. And 6 every month (after accounting for 25% slowdown).
    So, yearly sales for 11 months = 8 + (6*10) = 68
    If total sales are 1100 (100 phones x 11 months). Then BB's total share becomes 68/1100 = 6.8%
    I'm gonna disagree. It's been a long day so I'm probabley wrong but here it goes
    the problem is the wording not the math. The report indicates "Z10 has grabbed about 10% to 15% of the high-end smart- phone market and around 5% to 8% of the total smartphone market in the United Kingdom " That sounds like total market share not monthley share.
    03-05-13 09:51 PM
    Very impressive indeed. Though I still think the UI is ugly as he!!.
    Sqoon likes this.
    03-05-13 09:54 PM
    03-05-13 10:01 PM
    Even more interesting....

The German government plans to buy as many as 40,000 BlackBerry 10 devices that will be enhanced with security applications from SecuSmart to meet NATO standards.
    Somehow I have a feeling this won't be reported in the American media channels either. Nope, definitely not.

Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-13 10:11 PM
    I am not sure why you say that... seems on the surface to be a quality device: Nokia Lumia 520 - Affordable Windows Phone with Dual Core Processor - Nokia
    Nokia has a track record with the Lumia and BB has 4 weeks. Can Nokia make a phone cheaper than BB ? I can see that you don't want to cheap out on the QWERTY ( although the Curve seems cheap to me) but a plastic slab seems sort of basic.

Maybe an issue for BB might be whether BB10 can run successfully on phones with lower specifications. Now that would be interesting .
    03-05-13 10:15 PM
113,256 ... 299300301302303 ...