View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    All the R & D and initial inventory cost is front end loaded?

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense!

Or to maximise the length and effect of the launch boost. But the quarter starts a month before the ER..
    Or to be able to brag about preorder numbers at the CC.
    Or maybe use the initial orders to help gauge the guidance. Makes sense if you think about the mass sale leading up to the end of the quarter in the last two quarters. Use a launch to gain high-margin sales, then fill in the quantities with firesales.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:50 PM
    All the R & D and initial inventory cost is front end loaded?

Posted via CB10
    R&D is already there and for the Classic, there is no inventory cost. This is a Foxconn deal. Like the Z3, BlackBerry carries no hardware and/or inventory risk. Personally, and this is just me thinking out loud, I think that they decided to postpone the Classic launch because the Passport has done better than expected and they're simply looking to balance the quarters.
    11-28-14 06:51 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Red Passport sold out!... it's one hot looking sexy phone indeed!!! Want!!! Lol

From my awesome Black Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:35 PM
    Red Passport sold out!... it's one hot looking sexy phone indeed!!! Want!!! Lol

From my awesome Black Passport

Posted via CB10
    I was expecting to see your post stating that you bought one.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:25 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I was expecting to see your post stating that you bought one.

Posted via CB10
    Lol sooooo tempted!! To go with the current four BlackBerry phones and Iphone 5 lol...

Thinking to check out the Classic and add it to "the fleet" thought, lol...

Hmmm red and white? ... yeah, decisions......

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 08:32 PM
    R&D is already there and for the Classic, there is no inventory cost. This is a Foxconn deal. Like the Z3, BlackBerry carries no hardware and/or inventory risk. Personally, and this is just me thinking out loud, I think that they decided to postpone the Classic launch because the Passport has done better than expected and they're simply looking to balance the quarters.
    Right hadn't considered that Classic was another Foxconn produced device.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:02 PM
    Lol sooooo tempted!! To go with the current four BlackBerry phones and Iphone 5 lol...

Thinking to check out the Classic and add it to "the fleet" thought, lol...

Hmmm red and white? ... yeah, decisions......

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    Lol...three Passports and a Classic here...if I buy red, I'm dead! And that comes straight from the Leader of the Opposition Party. (wife).

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-28-14 10:06 PM
    Kinda conflicted....should nt the guitar be a sun burst???

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-29-14 12:36 AM
    11-29-14 02:46 AM
    OT:
    So guys maybe I can get some help, on my old Q10 I upgraded the BBM to the latest one from BB World but I dont have retraction, timed msgs and such but on my friends BBM he showing that i'm not "using same version" so what should I be doing different? My passport upgraded and works perfect but trying to get Q10 up to date for brother.

Much thanks!
    11-29-14 03:02 AM
    @ slipstream have you tried uninstall bbm?

#BBFactCheck
    slipstream89 likes this.
    11-29-14 07:05 AM
    OT:

Anyone here with Rogers and has the suretap nfc. Which all the BlackBerry z10's should have. You can get a free $100 by downloading the suretap app. I just did it on my z10 and I received the $100 on a prepaid mc instantly.

suretap ready devices

Samsung GALAXY Alpha™

Samsung GALAXY Note 4™

Samsung GALAXY Note 3™

Samsung GALAXY Note II™

Samsung GALAXY S4™

Samsung GALAXY S III™

Samsung GALAXY S5™

HTC One™

HTC One (M8)

LG G3

LG G Flex

LG G2

LG Optimus G

BlackBerry� Z10

Sont Xperia� Z3

More devices coming soon!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suretap
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    11-29-14 07:32 AM
    Dam! No love for Z30 or Passport? Disappointed

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    11-29-14 08:32 AM
    It might still work for a z30. Take off the back cover and see if your sim is the sure tap one.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 08:41 AM
    OT:
    So guys maybe I can get some help, on my old Q10 I upgraded the BBM to the latest one from BB World but I dont have retraction, timed msgs and such but on my friends BBM he showing that i'm not "using same version" so what should I be doing different? My passport upgraded and works perfect but trying to get Q10 up to date for brother.

Much thanks!
    Slipstream, try and send a BBM message to the Q10. What I notice was that it wouldn't activate the R and TM right away. When someone sends the message then it activates. Not sure if its the same problem! Can always try and re-install, like Masterful said and try a hard reboot.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...e/td-p/3012384
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-29-14 at 09:40 AM.
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    11-29-14 09:29 AM
    Sold my boss on a passport yesterday. Gonna get his daughters a z30 each

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Korepab, CDM76, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    11-29-14 10:18 AM
    OT:

Anyone here with Rogers and has the suretap nfc. Which all the BlackBerry z10's should have. You can get a free $100 by downloading the suretap app. I just did it on my z10 and I received the $100 on a prepaid mc instantly.

suretap ready devices

Samsung GALAXY Alpha™

Samsung GALAXY Note 4™

Samsung GALAXY Note 3™

Samsung GALAXY Note II™

Samsung GALAXY S4™

Samsung GALAXY S III™

Samsung GALAXY S5™

HTC One™

HTC One (M8)

LG G3

LG G Flex

LG G2

LG Optimus G

BlackBerry� Z10

Sont Xperia� Z3

More devices coming soon!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/suretap
    Nice to see the push on this technology as it is back ended by Blackberry.
    BlackBerry ties three-year EnStream deal to provide mobile payment infrastructure across Canada | MobileSyrup.com
    11-29-14 11:39 AM
    OT Alert!

Hi leafs123 !!!
    I do like some plays, if you are following Canadian stocks wait for ECA to hit its oversold level with RSI = 30 or less and buy it. It has a ton of cash, 100,000 in liquid production per day and their natural gas assets might hedge them from further issues with the slump in oil as gas is a regional play and oil is international. I would look at it around $ 16.00 - $ 16.50 and no higher right now. There really isn't any reason to rush out and buy this sector until the stocks become over-sold and that's 6 - 8 % below today's prices on the big names.

Good luck with that one!
    Well I managed to stay out of ECA although I've been lurking to purchase a nice block of it! Friday's action sent this down to an RSI of ~28 with a stock price of $15.78. Do you think if the issues with oil continue that ECA would ever be forced to cut their dividends? Would that possibly force the big names to liquidate sending this down to the $10-12 level? I still like the play, just wondering if the storm is over.

Anyways, I have one other biotech I have been stalking since FDA approal. MNKD I like theirpartnership with Sanofi, and their incoming milestone payments will pad their balance sheet nicely. Their main product, Afrezza, is an inhalable insulin. Now, although Afrezza seems like a good product, I believe the true dark horse here is MNKD's Technosphere. It can be reformulated with many drug formulations that are now off patent. They are working on trials right now with the cricket device using a Technosphere formulation that will give chronic pain relief / headache (think Advil / Ibuprofen) in less than 5 minutes instead of the regular 30 minute onset. In my opinion, that is HUGE! and that is a $40+ billion dollar market! My question is what do you think about the prospects of MNKD's pipeline? Personally I think they are involved in the Medtronic / Coviden deal in some way. However, before anything happens I believe their deal must be finalized (February 2015).

PSDV has been coming along nicely. It should be a great 2015 with this one!

Haven't been around much lately guys. Work and the CFA program have been running my life

Cheers!
    Derek
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    11-29-14 11:52 AM
    I'm simply amazed at the battery life on my z30. I unplugged it at 6:37am Friday morning and just now 38hrs later it's at 1% batt life. And that's with moderate use, videos, Web surfing, calls, and game apps. Wow wtg blackberry!

ibpluto, CDM76, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-29-14 07:27 PM
    I find the battery on 10.3 even better. so when the new software is released you should see further improvements.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, helopilot06 and sidhuk like this.
    11-30-14 02:06 AM
    Z30 black and white out of stock in US and Canada. shopblackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    11-30-14 10:36 AM
    I can't wait for 10.3 they need to hurry up and release it lol

CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    11-30-14 10:54 AM
    OT Alert!

Well I managed to stay out of ECA although I've been lurking to purchase a nice block of it! Friday's action sent this down to an RSI of ~28 with a stock price of $15.78. Do you think if the issues with oil continue that ECA would ever be forced to cut their dividends? Would that possibly force the big names to liquidate sending this down to the $10-12 level? I still like the play, just wondering if the storm is over.

Anyways, I have one other biotech I have been stalking since FDA approal. MNKD I like theirpartnership with Sanofi, and their incoming milestone payments will pad their balance sheet nicely. Their main product, Afrezza, is an inhalable insulin. Now, although Afrezza seems like a good product, I believe the true dark horse here is MNKD's Technosphere. It can be reformulated with many drug formulations that are now off patent. They are working on trials right now with the cricket device using a Technosphere formulation that will give chronic pain relief / headache (think Advil / Ibuprofen) in less than 5 minutes instead of the regular 30 minute onset. In my opinion, that is HUGE! and that is a $40+ billion dollar market! My question is what do you think about the prospects of MNKD's pipeline? Personally I think they are involved in the Medtronic / Coviden deal in some way. However, before anything happens I believe their deal must be finalized (February 2015).

PSDV has been coming along nicely. It should be a great 2015 with this one!

Haven't been around much lately guys. Work and the CFA program have been running my life

Cheers!
    Derek
    MAJOR OT ALERT !!! PSDV, ECA & MNKD

Hi fedakd (Derek) !!

First off, glad to hear you are going full force with the CFA designation!! That is a challenging title so good for you!

I can say that this latest drop in energy is unprecedented, 10.24 % (crude oil) drop in one day is huge and not likely over. ECA has already cut their dividend and as far as I can see, they have the cash to weather this bear market. With us achieving RSI<30 so quickly, I would apply the next rule in trading, and that is to, " ignore the stock for three trading sessions". And so I would have my first look at ECA on Tuesday at the earliest as there will be further pressure on energy stocks in general. I really like ECA, it has a nice balance of gas and liquids now and plenty of cash having sold assets at just the right time. I should say, that just because I like a company doesn't mean I'm looking for a 100% gain in it over the next 12 months. I like it because it will have limited downside, it has a strong balance sheet and good products and it has a massive return in call option writing which generates income for me. Because of the dynamic nature of these events though, I would watch the oversold indicators, and, wait until we see volumes drop back to more normal levels in the commodity as well as the stocks. At $ 66.00/barrel, too many companies will be hurt at these sustained levels to be able to continue to produce so let nature and efficient markets balance out here and jump in.

PSDV - is finally beginning to show some strength, no surprise there, it is a $ 8.00/shr stock in 2015 and a going concern now. This is one of my top five stocks for 2015 .... so glad you are involved in that one.

MNKD - is a two part play, it has a Sanofi deal that tops at $ 775 MM bucks and $ 400 million will be needed to finance the infrastructure for the product launch and build. If that's the case, they need additional financing for that product alone so expect more shares to hit the market on the next leg up. In addition, I see the promise you hold in their non-prescription based "other uses" for their delivery system. I can see that play out in the years ahead as well. It is a $ 6.00/shr stock that is worth $ 12.00/shr on the path to their Afrezza launch. The ramp rate for the product, hence the revenues which provide cash-flow is over a year away. Additional uses are that far off too so my personal conclusion is that they are acquired in the meantime. It makes no sense for Sanofi to follow contract guidelines to launch, I suspect they would be far better off owning MNKD in the next 12 months. In that light, I see a buyout in the $ 12 - $ 15 area. All of these ideas are based upon quarterly reports, I have no inside information that lets me run Sanofi's cost/marketing/end sales expectations for Afrezza, they may see it differently, its just my take on the situation alone.

Many investors think MNKD is the poster boy for how small cap stocks should behave, the fact is, this play was $ 2.5 B in the making and a ton of risk, today they are achieving the dream of many small caps and that is to launch their first major, worldwide product with the help of big pharma. That was not an over-night success!

I could say so much more about these companies but this is the BlackBerry thread so I'll end here with good luck with your investments and do come back to the board more often.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    11-30-14 12:32 PM
    Had a dinner @home with 8 friends yesterday. HFT guru, insurance and jewelry.
    I was off anything BlackBerry ... but when my passport went on the table to stream my playlist, 4 of them (2 guys, 2 gals) instantly said hollyShat what's that ? With bright eyes and all the wow you can expect.
    On the 4 spontaneous returns were:
    - "So they're not dead, really ?"
    - "Square ? that's cool : screen is gorgeous !"
    - "I want a physical keyboard back"
    - "Pitty, they're out of stock"
    One of them even took a photo with his iPhone; "I have to show that to the guys at the office on Monday !"
    And then we visited several part of France through wines, even a Brazilian short trip with cachasa & mango sorbet ... I had to hide it, "too drunk to sell" lol ... but they didn't need me anymore (ok, I had a little talk about Blend : they died) ... count 4 new/returning customers soon
    11-30-14 01:52 PM
    Nice one Antoine!!!

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-30-14 01:58 PM
113,256 ... 30033004300530063007 ...