View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    She still likes her Q10. Taken from todays Tagesspiegel.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20141127_191329.jpg

Send from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-27-14 12:15 PM
    Are any of you watching the collapse in oil today? We are down 4% so far and that move could take gold with it. Interesting day, looks like the world is against Putin, lower prices spells terrible times for Russia. Now, back to sports and turkey! LOL
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

Crude is down about 6% or so as of now. I forsee long opportunities emerging in the energy sector once this dip stabilizes.

In BlackBerry market news, BB on the TSX is moving flat to slightly up today. I'm anticipating upwards movement on BBRY come tomorrow.
    bbjdog, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-27-14 12:31 PM
    Are any of you watching the collapse in oil today? We are down 4% so far and that move could take gold with it. Interesting day, looks like the world is against Putin, lower prices spells terrible times for Russia. Now, back to sports and turkey! LOL
    Since no BBRY action today...

OT: Morgan, do you have any thoughts on oil in general or any plays that you Like?
    Corbu, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-27-14 12:39 PM
    Just speculation right now, but I've been reading about some very influential people going to put up a fight on the going green trend. Even though they know we need to eventually, they will put it off until they have no choice. One way to fight the green industry is to drive down the price of oil. Rumor has it we could see prices down to $2.00 a gallon real soon. Again, just speculation but the prices are dropping rapidly here.

Rocking my Q10!
    11-27-14 12:50 PM
    Since no BBRY action today...

OT: Morgan, do you have any thoughts on oil in general or any plays that you Like?
    Hi leafs123 !!!

Sure, I'll talk about them briefly here, the sector is in trouble, most energy stocks are below their 50-dma, some below their 200-dma and the big names like XOM have rallied hard off their October lows to where they are today which is a slim 1/2 buck above modest support. Today's oil action is huge, if the commodity can't fight back next week, look for energy stocks to take a beating for the balance of this year. There is a glut of product out there and it isn't going away.

I do like some plays, if you are following Canadian stocks wait for ECA to hit its oversold level with RSI = 30 or less and buy it. It has a ton of cash, 100,000 in liquid production per day and their natural gas assets might hedge them from further issues with the slump in oil as gas is a regional play and oil is international. I would look at it around $ 16.00 - $ 16.50 and no higher right now. There really isn't any reason to rush out and buy this sector until the stocks become over-sold and that's 6 - 8 % below today's prices on the big names.

Good luck with that one!
    bungaboy, leafs123, lech31 and 9 others like this.
    11-27-14 01:30 PM
    Just a quick update, BB.TO has just closed on the TSX up around 1%. Not a bad set up for BBRY tomorrow.
    Last edited by woofster; 11-27-14 at 03:18 PM. Reason: clarification
    11-27-14 03:08 PM
    11-27-14 03:16 PM
    Just a quick update, BB.TO has just closed on the TSX up around 1%. Not a bad set up for BBRY tomorrow.
    Unfortunately the gain was entirely attributed to the exchange rate. CAD down vs USD today.
    11-27-14 03:57 PM
    Just got an email from my brother. Looks like the Halifax Regional Municipality is in process of switching over to BB10. He's only able to get Z10 or Q5 at moment.... but it's a start

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:12 PM
    Bell isn't!!!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-27-14 04:47 PM
    Hi leafs123 !!!

Sure, I'll talk about them briefly here, the sector is in trouble, most energy stocks are below their 50-dma, some below their 200-dma and the big names like XOM have rallied hard off their October lows to where they are today which is a slim 1/2 buck above modest support. Today's oil action is huge, if the commodity can't fight back next week, look for energy stocks to take a beating for the balance of this year. There is a glut of product out there and it isn't going away.

I do like some plays, if you are following Canadian stocks wait for ECA to hit its oversold level with RSI = 30 or less and buy it. It has a ton of cash, 100,000 in liquid production per day and their natural gas assets might hedge them from further issues with the slump in oil as gas is a regional play and oil is international. I would look at it around $ 16.00 - $ 16.50 and no higher right now. There really isn't any reason to rush out and buy this sector until the stocks become over-sold and that's 6 - 8 % below today's prices on the big names.

Good luck with that one!
    OT: Does the same apply to Talisman Energy Inc. M+8?

Thank you.

Ben
    11-27-14 05:05 PM
    OT: Does the same apply to Talisman Energy Inc. M+8?

Thank you.

Ben
    Hey Ben,

Tough one there, they are right in the heart of a bear market in energy and their last Q report was a tough one to handle. They are willing to sell some assets, against plenty of debt, a really nice company that should be acquired to right size that balance sheet. My golden rule is little or zero debt and plenty of cash and they missed on both I'm afraid. You didn't say whether you owned it so I'll stop talking before I go too far. GL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 11-27-14 at 05:40 PM.
    11-27-14 05:29 PM
    I personally am trying to stay away from the oil companies and go for ones that invest in green tech. Two that have been stable and give dividends are Innergex Renewables (INE) and Algonquin Power (AQN, less green). They are both on the TSX, I have only begun with stocks so don't really know much and only invest small amounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:36 PM
    OT - Any twitter users here? Here's another way these big social networks go above and beyond what is reasonable.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/techno...0JB1VU20141127

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:41 PM
    Hey Ben,

Tough one there, they are right in the heart of a bear market in energy and their last Q report was a tough one to handle. They are willing to sell some assets, against plenty of debt, a really nice company that should be acquired to right size that balance sheet. My golden rule is little or zero debt and plenty of cash and they missed on both I'm afraid. You didn't say whether you owned it so I'll stop talking before I go too far. GL
    Thank you M+8, I have been watching these two stocks for a bit now. Sitting on the sidelines at the moment as I do not own either of them. Patiently waiting to get back in with BB. Good block of HALO too PSDV is another one I am waiting to retreat a little. Looking to balance my portfolio from before if you remember.

I hope you are keep well my friend!

Ben
    11-27-14 05:51 PM
    Yeah CJ, I'm deleting my twitter tonight. This is getting out of hand now.

Sent using my Q10!
    11-27-14 05:59 PM
    Anyone else find it odd both BB & BBRY were up at end of trading day exactly $.012 in both their respective currency??

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-27-14 06:33 PM
    Yeah CJ, I'm deleting my twitter tonight. This is getting out of hand now.
    Sent using my Q10!
    The posting also included instructions on how to turn the feature off. Twitter is not collecting data from within the applications, the posting noted.
    Sounds acceptable if you can turn it off ...
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    11-27-14 06:34 PM
    Sounds acceptable if you can turn it off ...
    OT: Yes, it can be turned off and it's only on iOS right now, with Android next once the app gets updated. This is only on the official twitter as I understand and it will prompt you with a giant box in your timeline. I assume third clients won't be tracking.
    11-27-14 06:50 PM
    I guess Blaq it is....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spike12; 11-27-14 at 08:29 PM.
    11-27-14 06:57 PM
    Anyone else find it odd both BB & BBRY were up at end of trading day exactly $.012 in both their respective currency??
    Well considering that BB.TO was actually up $0.12 on the Canadian market and the US markets were closed I would find it odd indeed.
    11-27-14 07:31 PM
    I know there's several views on this topic, but I'm just not one for letting every developer have access to all my files just to use their app. When downloading apps today, almost all of them make you accept an agreement to let them have that access or it won't download or won't work properly. Why some of these need access to my documents and photos beats me, but how do you set that limit once they have that gained access? It's all innocent until our data is copied or sold to the wrong group of people. I choose Blackberry for their secured software, but that doesn't do me much good when I let everybody into my files so I can use an app. Just sayin....
    11-27-14 07:56 PM
    True...however, you can go into Application Permissions once downloaded and neuter all the permissions.

11-27-14 07:59 PM
    True...however, you can go into Application Permissions once downloaded and neuter all the permissions.

Also true, but some tell you right out that their app won't work right or at all after that. Really it's getting to me that organizations are even going that route. Not to get too serious on this but most folks don't even see their privacy rights slipping away from them little by little.
    11-27-14 08:03 PM
    Was the Sony Pictures hack posted yet? If not here ya go:
    Sony Pictures Hacked And Blackmailed - Forbes

Should Forbes also print out an article about itself? Friendly, but still got hacked!
    Look at the companies that got hacked by this organization.

Syrian Electronic Army celebrates Thanksgiving with hacking | Digital Trends
    11-27-14 08:11 PM
106,046 ... 30013002300330043005 ...