Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here!

There's women in this thread? LOL

And of course, hats off to Antoine!.....nice work!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    georg4BB, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-25-14 07:08 AM
    I feel honored to be a part of this very large group of professionals, each member contributing in their own way. Have a safe and productive day gang!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:40 AM
    I hope it's not too early to call it, but please clear the floor for Mr. Superfly as we are approaching the 75k response mark at some point today. I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my gracious THANKS during this holiday season to Antoine Bapst for being the founder and fearless leader of this thread that has evolved into something special. It has attracted quite a fine group of gentlemen and ladies and I'm honored to witness and participate! Cheers to SF!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I'll second this. It's been great having a good group of like minded people to converse with and share ideas with. I'd be hard pressed not to say that I've learned more on this thread than I did in any of my business classes. There's been a lot going on in my personal life that I haven't been very open about but being able to chime in now and then and enjoy the banter here has been priceless for me. So here's to you all

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    11-25-14 07:41 AM
    Don't you love those analysts?
    Wells Fargo On BlackBerry: Are Promotions A 'Strategic Plan' Or Sign Of Poor Demand? - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

Maynard Um of Wells Fargo commented in a note on Monday that there are two interpenetration to BlackBerry Ltd's BBRY 0% recent promotions.

Firstly, BlackBerry's new trade-up program on Passports and discounts on Passports/Z30s could be a plan to grow a "grass roots effort" to increase BES adoption among new BlackBerry users. The analyst also notes the possibility that the company's promotions could be reflective of soft demand in North America for its device.

"We believe the truth lie somewhere in the middle," Um wrote while stating that his gross margin estimates could be negatively impacted by 90 basis points while earnings per share could be impacted by $0.02.

According to Um, the promotions do not necessarily increase incremental demand while half of the Passport demand in the fourth quarter is driven by promotions. The analyst calculates that that 50,000 units are being sold at a gross profit neutral.

The analyst adds that BES 12 adoption will be key to BlackBerry's recovery but visibility is "very limited" in the early stages.

Shares are Market Perform rated with a $9.50 to $10.50 valuation range.
    11-25-14 08:02 AM
    3000 pages. Well done everyone. Truly an epic thread, for Crackberry and perhaps even for the internet at a whole. Certainly I've never seen anything else quite like it.
    11-25-14 08:03 AM
    Yes, this is the best thread I've been a part of for a long time, salute to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:08 AM
    We're sorry but BlackBerry Passport - Black is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    ShopBB in the USA still shows 972 in stock as I write this. That's way down from the 3000+ running its been lately. The promotion has sold about 2000 phones if the counts are right...
    11-25-14 08:11 AM
    Don't you love those analysts?
    Wells Fargo On BlackBerry: Are Promotions A 'Strategic Plan' Or Sign Of Poor Demand? - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

Maynard Um of Wells Fargo commented in a note on Monday that there are two interpenetration to BlackBerry Ltd's BBRY recent promotions.
    I'm a wee bit concerned about those " two interpenetration(s)".
    georg4BB, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    11-25-14 08:14 AM
    Fyi, I just shared this Link on Facebook to my 1000 friends, keep spreading the word!! ww.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/blackberry-will-pay-iphone-users-up-to-600-to-switch-phones-1.2848915
    11-25-14 08:17 AM
    Its very interesting this iPhone trade in. The actual value they give you for the phones themselves is about the same you can get from the popular internet phone buyers like Gazelle here in the USA, but the "top off" makes it compelling to do. BlackBerry most likely have an arrangement with one or more of those sellers to recycle the phones they get so they will quickly get that money back but the "top off" is out of their own pocket. Chen said they had a few tricks up their sleeves once the initial demand for the Passport calmed down I guess we are starting with the Black Friday sales and this new program. I am curious to see how many iPhones they get in this program. I am sure there are going to be those of us who might try and find an iphone 5 say to help buy a new Passport - just like folks did with old Curves when Tmob had their trade in program.

Still it's something different and I am glad to see BlackBerry try new things.
    georg4BB and rarsen like this.
    11-25-14 08:20 AM
    I'm a wee bit concerned about those " two interpenetration(s)".
    jxnb likes this.
    11-25-14 08:31 AM
    Place holder for superfly

BB10 4 ME
    Corbu, georg4BB, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    11-25-14 08:43 AM
    Antoine Merci Beaucoup!!
    I'll second this. It's been great having a good group of like minded people to converse with and share ideas with. I'd be hard pressed not to say that I've learned more on this thread than I did in any of my business classes. There's been a lot going on in my personal life that I haven't been very open about but being able to chime in now and then and enjoy the banter here has been priceless for me. So here's to you all

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-25-14 08:44 AM
    11-25-14 08:45 AM
    OT.

Sears needs to switch to bes12. I've been waiting for new appliances that they were supposed to deliver on the 18th... they claim they will deliver one today, but they won't give me a date for the other two...

BB10 4 ME
    11-25-14 08:47 AM
    OT.

Sears needs to switch to bes12. I've been waiting for new appliances that they were supposed to deliver on the 18th... they claim they will deliver one today, but they won't give me a date for the other two...

BB10 4 ME
    Sears has bigger problems than their MDM solution. lol
    11-25-14 09:03 AM
    This is definitely quite a unique thread and one which I've only participated in recently since I upgraded my Bold to the Passport. I'm first and foremost an investor and asset manager. Second, I'm a BlackBerry user since 2007. Discovering this thread and these forums, which discusses BBRY the stock, BlackBerry the company and BlackBerry devices was like a 3-birds-with-1-stone triple whammy.

And in relevant BBRY (NASDAQ) news, it hit an intraday high of $10.59 earlier this morning. We've been continuing to see higher highs over the last few days which is a very positive sign for investors.
    11-25-14 10:00 AM
    Hey All...this thread has been a great resource and a breathe of fresh air in terms of reality check for us BBRY investors. Although it continues to be a frustrating experience seeing the mis-informed and alternately motivated spin reality shockingly into major market moves (often down), I remain very confident that this company will put paid to the naysayers and powerfully backed shorts in the next 12 months...I for one will be holding on tight!

Thanks to everyone who contributes time and expertise here! It's a great place to hang out.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:26 AM
    Been really busy with work, but hanging out here to celebrate the thread's 75K mark.
    Thank you, SF and everyone here!
    11-25-14 10:29 AM
    I so have a feeling that there a chance that within a year from now we see the SP at $25.
    Taking A Closer Look At BlackBerry's EZ Pass Program And BES10 Uptake - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-25-14 10:49 AM
    Super-Fly!!!

What were you thinking when you created this monster? Seriously? Did you have an insatiable need to hear from investors and BlackBerry product lovers all over the world or something? We are so lucky to have this venue available to us 24/7, policed by our good moderators and displaying so much information ..... thank you so much for sticking with this thread when there were plenty of times that others have tried to up-end the spirit of the title!!! I for one have received far more value from all of the members who contribute to this thread, thanks goes out to you too!

In order not to label this OT, we have to say something about BlackBerry stock so let's just say that its been a hard grind but we seem to be getting more "investors" in the stock and less traders, today we are sitting comfortably above the 50-dma with the end of the year rally just around the corner. The feeling we are enjoying today is a distant one from just one year ago, thanks again to Super-fly for keeping the thread alive.
    11-25-14 10:55 AM
    Has anyone heard anything about the Z3 being released in the UK in December? Apparently that's from a BlackBerry employee here in the UK, but I haven't seen anything about it...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:05 AM
    Hi guys, thank YOU but please stop or I'll cry like a babe !
    I won't squat the 75K, please let the chance decide !

In the meantime, I've got something for you.
    Sorry I had to publish it outside the thread because it was more generic than BBRY oriented.
    But you might like it

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru.../#post11110471

Cheers,
    you're a bunch of crazy fellows whom I take more than I give.
    Peace
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-25-14 at 11:33 AM.
    11-25-14 11:16 AM
    Hi guys, thank YOU but please stop or I'll cry like a babe !
    I won't squat the 75K, please let the chance decide !

In the meantime, I've got something for you.
    Sorry I had to publish it outside the thread because it was more generic that BBRY oriented.
    But you might like it

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru.../#post11110471

Cheers,
    you're a bunch of crazy fellows whom I take more than I give.
    Peace
    SF
    Request for ya Superfly, would you post one of your famous intraday stock chart updates for us in about 3 messages from now? Thanks
    dusdal, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    11-25-14 11:34 AM
    Guys, c'mon, I had the 70K already.
    Don't mute yourselves !

Morgan : your wishes ... (I see what you're doing here lol)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-25-14 11:38 AM
113,252 ... 29962997299829993000 ...