View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That has nothing to do with the trade up program. The program only starts on December 1st 2014. That's from the $499.00 black Friday sale. So next should be Amazon.com. Also Canadian site sold out. That's great news, thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:22 PM
    so now we got only 3 devices In stock at shopblackberry : passport porch design, Z30 and Bold 9900.
    http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbr...me%20ascending
    Seems like not replenishing Q10 likely due to Classic coming soon. Hoping Z30 sales are going well too. Last week or so a few ppl at work and clients have asked about mine. Ever since Passport came out I running it naked - with philosophy that if it breaks I can justify Passport and must say that people are recognizing it and asking about it.

Just wish had Balance on it (personal device) so I could switch profiles and just hand it over to let them play with it knowing that they can't access any private or confidential information.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:24 PM
    Lets look at a Mercedes model with the QNX system.

References to Tesla's big touch-screen yet our host of the video has done no research to QNX's Bentley DLP Touch-Screen; hmmm. Sort of a back-handed way of highlighting QNX.
    11-24-14 05:24 PM
    The black Friday sale still counts towards this quarter results right? If i rmb correctly the quarter ends Nov 30

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:41 PM
    The black Friday sale still counts towards this quarter results right? If i rmb correctly the quarter ends Nov 30

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression it was around the 16 - 20 of November. Hope someone can clarify this for us.
    The 30 of November would be better for us.
    11-24-14 05:47 PM
    Well my z30 will be on the quarter then. Hope that helps blackberry lol. I will say that everyone so far has been very impressed with my phone

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    11-24-14 05:49 PM
    I should have checked earlier but was lazy haha it ends Nov 29

http://us.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-24-14 05:51 PM
    I should have checked earlier but was lazy haha it ends Nov 29

Investor Events - US

Posted via CB10
    Great then, this sell out counts!
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    11-24-14 05:56 PM
    References to Tesla's big touch-screen yet our host of the video has done no research to QNX's Bentley DLP Touch-Screen; hmmm. Sort of a back-handed way of highlighting QNX.
    I like the way they show the phone can control the windows, doors, and start the car. Wow thats great! I am glad that we have a good team at Blackberry and QNX.
    11-24-14 06:12 PM
    For CanuckBucks:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-trade-.jpg
    11-24-14 06:23 PM
    For CanuckBucks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Trade-in.JPG 
Views:	1087 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	316716
    I wonder what they'd give me for my Z10 and 9700 together. haha
    MrBurns2U, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    11-24-14 06:26 PM
    11-24-14 06:38 PM
    Completely OT:

11-24-14 06:40 PM
    Completely OT:

Good video, thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    11-24-14 07:02 PM
    Completely OT:

I don't usually watch OT YouTube videos but I gave it a chance. It was worth it thanks.. Jay Leno is my kind of guy.

Btw, a good tip. If you want to keep a YouTube video for yourself as mpeg4 or another format, put "ss" in front of the url. The site that it redirects to will allow you to download.

So http://youtube.com/watch?whateverxyx
    Put an "ss" in front of youtube:

http://ssyoutube.com/watch?whateverxyz

Will get you the file

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:05 PM
    Completely OT:

Thanks for this!
    sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    11-24-14 07:38 PM
    I'm just happy they are still in business and making handsets which will be profitable. How a business should be run.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Touche! But damn man. I'm trying to justify buying another phone that I don't need.. BlackBerry's not making it any easier for me.

Oh well, time to round up and old iPhone for the new trade in.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:04 PM
    Touche! But damn man. I'm trying to justify buying another phone that I don't need.. BlackBerry's not making it any easier for me.

Oh well, time to round up and old iPhone for the new trade in.

Posted via CB10
    Now that sounds like a good plan. Trying to find one myself to get in on this deal. Good luck

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Corbu, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    11-24-14 09:33 PM
    How BlackBerry helped Lewis Hamilton win the 2014 F1 Drivers' Championship - Computer Business Review

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-x-20141107165402345.jpg

by Ben Sullivan| 23 November 2014

Security and productivity is key for F1 teams, and Mercedes AMG tooled up with BlackBerry to accomplish this.

It takes all kinds of technology sponsors to help sports teams win championships, so CBR recently took a trip to the home of Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 in Brackley to find out how crucial BlackBerry was in making Lewis Hamilton the world champion and Mercedes AMG constructor's champion in the 2014 Grand Prix season.

Mercedes AMG took on BlackBerry two years ago, and now operates around 200 BlackBerry phones in the company, ranging from the brand new Passport device to Z10s and Q10s.

Operated mostly within the firm's IT infrastructure team, CBR was told of how BlackBerry's enterprise productivity platform helped give Hamilton the ability to win on the track in Brazil, and ultimately win the 2014 F1 championship.

BES10

Security is a main concern for Formula 1 teams, as any leaked data could give their competitors the edge. BlackBerry's enterprise mobility management platform BES10.1, released last year, is the lynchpin of Mercedes F1's IT operations, and enables a regulated BYOD policy that prioritises confidentiality. For the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team, confidentiality is the difference between winning and losing.

"For us as a business, security is as important as the performance of the car, because otherwise we give away that performance to other people," said Matt Harris, IT Director for Mercedes F1.

Paddy Lowe, the team's Executive Director (Technical), agrees. "Formula One today is a very big operation," he says.

"One of the strengths of Mercedes AMG Petronas is our unity with our engine supplier, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth. We have to communicate not only between the factories, but also with the teams at the races. Security is a very critical issue."

The team uses BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) encrypted solutions to deliver mobile security across its operations, as it races at 19 locations globally during the course of a season.

With tens of thousands of BES10 servers installed globally, BlackBerry says it is up to the challenge. The Canadian firm is capable of moving to keep up with customer needs, pairing that agility with security and a sense of trust. Mercedes says it is mission critical.

Andy Cowell, MD of Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains, said: "BlackBerry is a critical part of our daily business. It provides that instant access to the data, the last message you read before your plane takes off then turning the phone on when the plane lands and immediately picking up the BBM messages and some photos that have come through from the circuit, looking inside the engine all of that is critical to understand how we are doing how we are performing and that's where BlackBerry give us a real edge."

Just as the team balances the tires on their F1 cars, BES10 also has the ability to balance enterprise and user needs, which is important for such a cornerstone in the team's communication infrastructure.

"BES10 allows us to know what's going on with the data - we know that it's secure, whether I am sharing with a member of the marketing team, an engineer or a designer," says Harris. "It enables people to carry on working where they are. One of the main features that we really like is the ability to secure your personal and work information."

"As I look around the business I can see everyone around me using BlackBerry devices," says Paddy Lowe. "That's another step towards seamless integration between the office and the track." That seamless integration into the complete solution of BES is a relief for Harris.

"Last year we migrated over to BES10," he says. "We used BlackBerry beforehand, but we also had other devices. We weren't ever as confident in the security of those other devices."

Communication

BES10 has a host of features, from multi-OS device, security and app management through a single management console to a selection of enterprise apps designed to be securely deployed with BlackBerry 10 as well as Secure Work Space for iOS and Android. IT managers can deploy and manage applications across all managed devices while staying compliant with comprehensive device and app monitoring and reporting. For Mercedes, keeping in touch was made easy by BlackBerry.

But it's world champion Hamilton himself who gets the final say on BlackBerry's effectiveness.

"Everything we do at Mercedes AMG Petronas is about speed," Hamilton said. "It dictates the way we operate both on and off the track. All of my team uses the BlackBerry smartphones. I'm always being updated, whether it's a question about what setup do I want for tomorrow...to be able to react quickly and having BBM and BBM video just makes it so much easier."
    11-24-14 09:52 PM
    Wow!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141125_121604.png

Send from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-25-14 05:22 AM
    I hope it's not too early to call it, but please clear the floor for Mr. Superfly as we are approaching the 75k response mark at some point today. I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my gracious THANKS during this holiday season to Antoine Bapst for being the founder and fearless leader of this thread that has evolved into something special. It has attracted quite a fine group of gentlemen and ladies and I'm honored to witness and participate! Cheers to SF!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-25-14 05:54 AM
    I hope it's not too early to call it, but please clear the floor for Mr. Superfly as we are approaching the 75k response mark at some point today. I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my gracious THANKS during this holiday season to Antoine Bapst for being the founder and fearless leader of this thread that has evolved into something special. It has attracted quite a fine group of gentlemen and ladies and I'm honored to witness and participate! Cheers to SF!

There's women in this thread? LOL

And of course, hats off to Antoine!.....nice work!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-25-14 06:05 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Only one that I know of, Transcend Asset. Her contributions are too valuable to forget! Let's hope we attract more members like her. And l think we'll be attracting even more women who are looking for something else when we have our $100 party

11-25-14 06:18 AM
    Blackberry passport yesterday was sitting in 28 spot for top seller in cell phone and accessories and now sits in 12 spot.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazontopseller.png
    rarsen, georg4BB, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-25-14 06:48 AM
    Here!

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-25-14 07:08 AM
113,250 ... 29952996299729982999 ...