View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The longer version of that article, if you don't mind, bbjdog...
    BBM Meetings Much More Than Video Calling | Inside BlackBerry

And keep the faith insofar as the Leafs are concerned! They sure give us lots of action... The "on the ice" part will come! ;-)
    11-20-14 06:31 PM
    The Leafs might be disappointing fans as per usual. But the Raptors are on a rolll!!
    Got to find a Raptors logo, so I can replace my Toronto Maple Leafs avatar.
    bungaboy and Heinz Katchup like this.
    11-20-14 06:33 PM
    And while I'm at it, posting pics...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-miumiu.jpg

11-20-14 06:45 PM
    Got to find a Raptors logo, so I can replace my Toronto Maple Leafs avatar.
    OT:

This looks nice . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-montreal_canadiens_1992.gif
    11-20-14 06:45 PM
    The longer version of that article, if you don't mind, bbjdog...
    BBM Meetings Much More Than Video Calling | Inside BlackBerry

And keep the faith insofar as the Leafs are concerned! They sure give us lots of action... The "on the ice" part will come! ;-)
    My faith in the Leafs comes and goes every year. It starts strong at season opener and dies at the end of the season.
    "The "on the ice" part will come!" hopefully before I die. LOL
    Thanks for posting the longer version.
    11-20-14 06:55 PM
    ^^^this guy is doing too many sit ups under parked cars.

EDIT....the guy ABOVE this guy.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy, ibpluto and Corbu like this.
    11-20-14 06:57 PM
    OT:

This looks nice . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	montreal_canadiens_1992.gif 
Views:	1656 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	315880
    ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? and its not fudge. Nice one Bungaboy.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-20-14 at 07:11 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-20-14 06:59 PM
    Best of Chen from Investors Day:

The cash flow breakeven by the end of fiscal year '15 looks very good. It’s not 100% guarantee, but almost. I have kidnapped James' son and daughter. If this thing doesn’t happen, unfortunately you probably won’t see them again. I’m pretty sure – well, then you could look at James. The income statement of non-GAAP profitability in FY '16 -- I can’t keep feeding his son and daughter, but this is most likely going to happen.
    So now its 5.1 million (licences). And literally one-third of those are from our competitors. So sometimes I hear what my competitors said about how they're 'eating our lunch', I mean something is wrong. I thought I was eating their lunch and they thought they were eating my lunch. So one of our lunches are depleting, ate by somebody else.
    It’s Stuart Jeffrey from Nomura. A question on pricing (for licenses). It sounds exciting, but should we be factoring in volume discounts in any of this pricing or these are hard and fast...?

John Chen - Chief Executive Officer

Those are list price. List price is the – it's the code word for, yeah, there will be some discount. I mean this is like MSRP on cars.
    We still have work to do. A lot of these assets -- a lot of the activities, breakfast, eating, breathing, executive conferencing, all are still very much needed. The good news is we do have a big installed base to -- not gone, to go talk to, especially some of them have wandered off to some of the single point product MDM company.
    So right now the next thing that I’m going to spend most of the timeline is to help continue to expand that ecosystem of partnership. And to be very, very straightforward and simple about how do you and I both make money together, not about we love each other and we want to work together. I mean that’s every day.
    Marty Beard - Chief Operating Officer

So, I think we’ll take one last question.
    John Chen - Chief Executive Officer

Okay. Well, we don’t have one last question. Wonderful. Thank you. I will see you.
    BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen Hosts Investor Day (Transcript) | Seeking Alpha
    11-20-14 07:11 PM
    During the Investors Day Q&A James Yersh - Chief Financial Officer said this about device sales:

Okay. So I'll start with the question on how to replace, let's call it margin, to get to profitability.... Definitely the software growth is a big piece of it. Definitely, all of these products, we were to able to get them through in a year where we were watching our pennies, where we're watching our dollars, but we were able to get them to market on time and sometimes ahead of time. But really it comes back to devices paying the bills next year, as both John and I have talked about. And remember, each of the individual products that we're going to launch on the hardware side is going to have positive margin. I have been with the company for almost seven years and the last year we've had negative margins. It's the first time in five quarters when we reported actually had positive contribution on the margin side.
    11-20-14 07:21 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    So it's a question whose numbers you believe and trust.

Chen's or *Faucette .

* 1.MS is the Lead underwriter of MOBL which is a direct competitor of BBRY
    * 2.Two years ago, I predicted BB10 to be DOA while I was working at Pac Crest.

If Faucette put that as a disclaimer then most wouldn't have trouble believing him. He maybe right and a year from now will be vindicated, but I like my chances with Chen. He's stabilized the company and with all the partnerships and changes he's brought in, including a number ( 9 ) of key execs from SAP, I will take that anytime.
    Exactly my point: say whatever on his analysis" then have full disclosure:: "my firm is short selling bbry and we are a major stock holder in their competitor x"....

Anything but transparent.. blatantly manipulating a stock for its own investment purposes... in other words, hidden agenda at play....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:25 PM
    OT:

I have none of the "bugs" on 10.3.1.1151 except Blend doesn't work. Running on Q5, Q10, Z10 and Z30. Loaded Blitz file using Sachesi 2.0 RC
    10.3.1 is good. I just remember reading one of hte bugs that was a deal breaker for me. Forget what it was but it was enough to make me wait. 10.2.latest is pretty damned solid so I am in no rush. It isn't like the days of the Z10 release where I couldn't wait for leaks that fixed bugs I had as it was. Right now, I want stable first.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    11-20-14 07:33 PM
    How. The. Heck. The James faucet guy compared BBM meeting with face time? Come again?
    This guy is pure crack.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/11/...Berry_Channel|

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-20-14 07:34 PM
    ^^^this^^^.

I reiterate...JAMES FAUCETTE IS A SHILL!

And I'm the indifferent one lol.

rim4ever, Corbu, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    11-20-14 07:39 PM
    How. The. Heck. The James faucet guy compared BBM meeting with face time? Come again?
    This guy is pure crack.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/11/...Berry_Channel|

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Some facetime with his crack helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:12 PM
    Another opportunity in the IOT space
    http://automobility.ideo.com

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-14 09:35 PM
    ^^^this^^^.

I reiterate...JAMES FAUCETTE IS A SHILL!

And I'm the indifferent one lol.

You mean it's not James flatulence? I must really be dyslexic...lol He is one smelly shady guy.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:46 PM
    You mean it's not James flatulence? I must really be dyslexic...lol He is one smelly shady guy.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...indeed.
    Good night...but first please listen to this great song and remember to love your fellow man...except FAUCETTE....he can go fug himself.

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 11-20-14 at 10:09 PM.
    11-20-14 09:51 PM
    One more!

Make that two!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-20-14 at 10:29 PM. Reason: swear I should just use my own code, cause the buttons suck
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-20-14 10:12 PM
    Finally watched the recent bbry coo talk. It is a must watch.

How any CO of a fortune 590 allows android and iOS devices on their networks is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:53 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    From N4BB site on Blackberry Meetings....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141121_140159.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:36 PM
    The thing is why would anyone one pay for BBM when Skype and others free, same mistake as before, get market share and then charge

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:22 AM
    The thing is why would anyone one pay for BBM when Skype and others free, same mistake as before, get market share and then charge

Posted via CB10
    BBM is free. Just the option to recall messages or to set timer on message (and upcoming related pkg) will be fee based. Basic BBM will remain free.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    In Enterprise, that's not Skype. That's Lynk (soon with Skype though). And you pay for. No mistake.
    georg4BB, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    11-21-14 03:14 AM
    Hi Gang, let's leave the guy where he belongs, somewhere in the Pacific.
    We're offering him way too much credit and exposure, IMHO.

TGIF, so ... Let's do it the Donna way and ignore the sourrounding noise ... keep on groovin' gang !
    He will applause later

Cheers,
    SF
    11-21-14 03:24 AM
    IBM is showing up with their "new" solution IBMVerse (so close to Blend ...).
    Don't shout at them, "serious competiton is the best way we know it's the right path" !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Edit : my last TW was fav by Amritha. That's the way I like it: fair competition.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-21-14 at 03:49 AM.
    11-21-14 03:37 AM
113,256 ... 29882989299029912992 ...