View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Morgan, any thoughts on HALO? Thanks in advance!
    OT HALO !!!

leafs123,

I'll briefly comment on the report but please take some time to listen to the Webcast Q & A, and in particular, the last analyst I believe, he talks about the following year as one that will be extremely active for the company. He isn't concerned about revenues and royalties, he is consumed with partnerships, milestones and further indications for PEGPH20 and ENHANZE. The company is focusing all of their attention on these two products as they are seeing a great deal of interest from major players in these products as indicators for many cancers. The company now realizes what they have ... now that their process has been proved all the way to the end user, they are seeing much more traffic for their process.

Royalty revenue was very strong, up 71% to the end of June which is barely a full quarter and it is growing at a rapid rate with new entries each quarter. The US launch of HYQVIA is just getting started so 2015 looks to be a very good year for royalty based business. Revenue was down over Q3 2013 and I have no clue as to the breakdown of those numbers yet, we see this with BB on a quarterly basis with sell-through issues over such a short time. I don't know if it is a timing issue on inventory orders from manufacturing or what, we really need to see next quarters' numbers to know what the average is.

Pfizer has picked a second target for their next study and it has nothing to do with what HALO is working on today so I'm relieved with that!
    They mentioned strong investigator interest in Lung Cancer trails and that is very promising, I wish they would announce breast cancer too for that matter but it didn't surface today. As for Hylenex for Type 1 diabetes, they are pursuing that label now, it appears that this will take some time as the FDA hasn't been clear and what data is required, if any, to broaden the label for that drug. Still, it shows you how diversified each of their products are, they have a laundry list of indications to go after and in some cases, they might see off label use for existing formulations. They are in talks with a partner and/or the sale of their 501 study (cellulite).

As for the AH trading, I could care less what a few small traders think, they missed on revenues, flat on EPS and none of that matters in the slightest to me. What matters is their pipeline and how fast they can partner up and develop products, in this respect, I believe we are going to see a very active 2015. In closing, one of the things that hurts most companies of this size is the lack of forecasting or guidance, as if there should be some in the first place with a drug developer. They aren't about revenues as much as they are about their process and the proprietary technology and the need for other companies to access the same.

Once again, I would suggest that shareholders listen very carefully to the Q & A as there is a wealth of information there, both in the types of question (concerns and positives) and the guarded answers by Dr. Torley.

Re: BBRY today: I just wanted to say the stock performed extremely well today, it followed the correct path for a breakout on strength, backed up to support and rallied into the close. I see us moving to the 52 week high next and just want the stock to base here and move higher. Watch the RSI above 70 as your first indicator that we are over-bought once again here. We aren't there yet (RSI > 70) so $ 11.60/shr looks like a go. GL
    11-10-14 05:59 PM
    Just thought I'd throw up my chart here. I, quite honestly, thought it would go back to the $9.30 area before making a move on up, but Chen has a way of surprising us with news. The added confidence shown by the OTPP helped as well.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-39-.png
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    11-10-14 06:09 PM
    http://fedscoop.com/inside-halvorsen...fo-sharing-dod

Favorite bit:

"About halfway through his FedTalks presentation, Halvorsen held up his personal mobile device. ?We?re just about ready to tell everybody you can have one of these,? he said. ?This is still a Blackberry, still a government-provided device, but now I have personal space on this. I have my personal email, I have personal apps. One device integrated with the personal side of the business. That?s a big thing for us to do because I think it?s an admission that our workforce, both civilian and military ? particularly the younger part of our workforce ? is demanding different things. We?ve got to accommodate that somewhat.?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:15 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry CEO Chen making all the right moves... this should be a great week for Blackberry investors ... imo

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-14 06:22 PM
    It bothers me mainstream media does not cover even 1% of the news in this thread, Google included. It seems totally true, America hates Blackberry.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-10-14 06:31 PM
    If you own a passport or planning to own one then good idea to read this. You ll see why this device is miles ahead.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=974137

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-10-14 06:54 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It bothers me mainstream media does not cover even 1% of the news in this thread, Google included. It seems totally true, America hates Blackberry.
    Most still think of blackberry as the curves and bolds era.. battery pulls etc, no apps, and so on

... as more start to experience Blackberry Passport and Classic and Z30 etc with OS 10.3 + that perception will start to change....innovation from blackberry and carrier support is key...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    11-10-14 06:54 PM
    I guess it explains previous move with no volume when ottp was buying. Today cos of China news. Shorts will cover now slowly
    If anyone of you noticed those crazy bear raids are gone too, lots of buyers on dips.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:13 PM
    Most still think of blackberry as the curves and bolds era.. battery pulls etc, no apps, and so on

... as more start to experience Blackberry Passport and Classic and Z30 etc with OS 10.3 + that perception will start to change....innovation from blackberry and carrier support is key...

Posted via CB10
    Also waiting for USA and Cdn govs to fully implement BB10 devices. Once they do sales will go up and hundreds of thousands of ppl will experience the new BlackBerry and spread the word even further. IMHO these two federal governments should have been a major focus of BlackBerry for past year but do far little progress seems to have been made with them .....

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:37 PM
    Interesting post from another thread.

http://fedscoop.com/inside-halvorsen...fo-sharing-dod

Posted via CB10
    Korepab, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-10-14 09:41 PM
    Inside the Halvorsen strategy for DOD information sharing - FedScoop

Favorite bit:

"About halfway through his FedTalks presentation, Halvorsen held up his personal mobile device. ?We?re just about ready to tell everybody you can have one of these,? he said. ?This is still a Blackberry, still a government-provided device, but now I have personal space on this. I have my personal email, I have personal apps. One device integrated with the personal side of the business. That?s a big thing for us to do because I think it?s an admission that our workforce, both civilian and military ? particularly the younger part of our workforce ? is demanding different things. We?ve got to accommodate that somewhat.?

Posted via CB10
    Nice BlackBerry Z30!!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fedtalks-579-616x409.jpg
    11-10-14 10:40 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/blac...irms-1.2830274

BlackBerry Ltd. stock rose by six per cent Monday after CEO John Chen told an APEC summit he had met the CEOs of Chinese smartphone sellers Xiaomi and Lenovo.

Chen said hes interested in partnerships to expand in China in a speech at Bloombergs Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation CEO summit and denied he had plans to sell off parts of the company.

The smartphone company is a small player in China, so any partnership to expand its presence in the country could prove lucrative.

BlackBerry got 16 per cent of its sales from the Asia- Pacific region during the fiscal year that ended in March, compared with 19 per cent from the U.S.

The stock rose 75 cents to $12.69 Canadian in Toronto today.

Chen gave no details of his talks with Chinese firms and said it was too early to see any fruits of these discussions.

"What Im doing is to explore what is the right approach to the market given what we do well, and Im not shutting any doors,"he said. "This market is not an easy one to get deals done quickly. It?s going to take a while, but I?m interested."

As Chen remakes BlackBerry as a provider of enterprise services, Chinese partners may be interested in its privacy and security settings.

BlackBerrys stock is up more than 40 per cent since Chen, known for leading the turnaround at Sybase Inc., took the helm as interim CEO

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:47 AM
    Good morning NA. To a great day on the market.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and theRock1975 like this.
    11-11-14 05:51 AM
    Good morning gang!

Blackberry software revenue set to double Feb.1

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/11/11/Bl...bce790a0e99bc4

Misek: "I'm stunned at what I'm seeing. Everybody is still focused on the hardware"

Misek: "It's pretty exciting for them in that they are actually seeing traction among enterprise. As we talk to big CIOs, they are really showing up again"

Misek: "On that day, roughly two to three times the number who they are currently charging will start to pay, hopefully. You could see software revenues more than double"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 11-11-14 at 06:41 AM.
    11-11-14 06:30 AM
    11-11-14 06:32 AM
    Gotta give some props to Misik. He's the only one of the bears that admitted that he was wrong. It seems like he genuinely gets it.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:34 AM
    HALO OT

There is almost 20 MM shares short on this stock so the bears will try hard to drop the price here, but the value is there.

BMO reiterates Outperform and $24 Price Target

BMO reiterates Outperform and $24 Price Target
    "Strategic decision to reallocate resources from this(diabetes) program to other programs (Pegph20 & Enhanze), and seek to enter into collaborations with third parties to complete the development of Hylenex in diabetes."

"We are reiterating our Outperform rating on the shares of HALO following review of 3Q14 progress. Following strong launch of HERCEPTIN SC, we expect similarly strong MABTHERA SC launch in Europe, with commercial validation likely to attract more lucrative deals with biological manufacturers looking for line-extension strategies. We continue to view PEGPH20 as a potential backbone adjunct across cancer therapies and as the most significant driver of future value and see limited value attached to the program despite strong phase 2 response rate data."

"We arrive at out $24 target price on 25X our 2018 EPS of $1.43 and discounting 20%. We rate the shares of HALO Outperform."

As for BBRY, today I want to see the stock hold support at $ 10.90/shr and close above $ 11.00 while possibly making a new high on this run (versus yesterdays high) some time throughout the day.
    11-11-14 07:50 AM
    Fellas, this is OT, but I could sure use a helping hand.

Does anyone know of any sources I could use for research regarding smartphone usage? I need sources which I can obtain concrete facts, stats and estimates from. I'm writing a documentary script for one of my Uni modules and I thought smartphone addiction would be quite good.

I'm in the UK, so any facts particularly in the UK regarding usage would be great!

Cheers.
    11-11-14 08:19 AM
    OT
    Watch this video for a good iOT opportunity for BlackBerry
    Video url :
    It doesn't get much better than saving lives.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:23 AM
    This is in interesting video. What Chen says he has for China - will the Chinese government allow in China? The average citizen has no expectation of privacy (see the "Great Firewall of China" for example), and that's what BlackBerry brings.

BlackBerry CEO on Business Strategy, China Market: Video - Bloomberg
    11-11-14 08:30 AM
    Wow, shocked to see BlackBerry continuing up today. Figured that we would see some proft-taking. Market seems to really be turning bullish

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-11-14 09:03 AM
    11-11-14 09:17 AM
    like it! I wonder if it is a Z10?
    Nice BlackBerry Z30!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FedTalks-579-616x409.jpg 
Views:	1681 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	313552
    11-11-14 09:19 AM
    Nasdaq short numbers for BBRY will be out today at 4:00pm.
    11-11-14 09:21 AM
    I am guessing it will be high
    Nasdaq short numbers for BBRY will be out today at 4:00pm.
    11-11-14 09:44 AM
113,251 ... 29612962296329642965 ...