View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Are Blackberry phones gaining popularity? I think so.
    My commuter case for my Z30 just had the piece of plastic above the USB snap off. I called into customer support for a warranty claim. While on the line with the CS Rep she asked what type of phone it was and when I told her it was a Blackberry Z30 she said "wow those phones must be getting popular again, I have been getting al lot of calls for BlackBerry orders lately"

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:13 PM
    OT:
    Apple iOS bug makes most devices vulnerable to attack: researchers
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/re...--finance.html
    11-10-14 01:19 PM
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-wars-20.shtml
    Demonizing Strong Encryption: Welcome To The Crypto Wars 2.0
    I found the following comment to the article to be the one that rang truest to me:

DigDug, Nov 10th, 2014 @ 8:42am
    UK and US Governments listen up...
    You started this by illegally intercepting all of our communications, data, browsing habits and what not.

You escalated this by illegally retaining all of this data and lying about it publicly.

You have violated our right to privacy, our right to be secure in our person and communications.

You started this, don't be surprised when we *GASP* don't trust that you have our best interests at heart and take steps to limit what you can illegally steal, spy on, retain about ourselves.

That doesn't make us pedophiles, terrorists, criminals at all.

It makes us Citizens of our respective nations who have been molested by our Governments, violated by our nations intelligence communities, our rights abrogated by persons whose only interest is to control every aspect of the public as is humanly possible to maintain control by their representative governments.

In the United States, those elected official comprise only 0.00016988% of the population of the country.
    Personally, by reason of "Crypto War 2.0" and for the reason Stewart Baker referred to in his speech and op-ed, BlackBerry can't release BBM Protected to the masses, or at least not for free. I say not for free because then encryption would be universal and as the smallest player, BlackBerry would just be banned from entire countries. If BlackBerry charged for the service, then a small chunk of people would subscribe but the masses that are too cheap most likely wouldn't.

BES is easy enough to install privately, but buying and maintaining the infrastructure does have its cost.
    11-10-14 01:19 PM
    For those that strongly believe in the stock, who is buying calls to leverage the returns, rather than just taking shares outright?
    Debating, to get a few options that expire just after the next ER.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-10-14 01:22 PM
    + 1000
    Fortunately for us M+8 is very generous with his time and knowledge sharing his insight into BlackBerry and his other favourite plays for all who care to listen. So lucky to have him here!!
    11-10-14 01:40 PM
    Debating, to get a few options that expire just after the next ER.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Premiums can't be low though. Are they?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:48 PM
    Premiums can't be low though. Are they?

Posted via CB10
    Nope....my balls likely aren't big enough either LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-10-14 01:56 PM
    Come to the dark side , ive been sitting on some Jan 2016 calls for a while now
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-10-14 02:14 PM
    11-10-14 02:18 PM
    although posted by a bear but i think it is cool.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-22.png
    11-10-14 02:22 PM
    11-10-14 02:29 PM
    What is this a screenshot from?
    Nasdaq.com

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:31 PM
    Your welcome everyone. What? You mean yall thought that the stock price spike had to do with Blackberries solid business plan performance and future plans? ? Noooo its because I bought my z30 on saturday. Silly crackberrians :-)

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-10-14 02:34 PM
    With today's 5% pop the Jan 10 calls were 2nd most traded options today, price +26%. Not sure when you got them, but last time they traded over 1.63 was going into earnings.
    Ive had these since May so im in the green atm
    11-10-14 02:35 PM
    Rather than sell the stock, why not do a covered call (sell some call options). You make the premium on the calls now, you'll just cap your upside if the stock trades up. You just risk the stock falling and your net investment losing more money than what you made off the calls.
    Don't forget to add a disclaimer to these kind of comments.
    11-10-14 02:37 PM
    re/code doing what they have always done...

Code/red: BlackBerry CEO Reminds World of Company?s Continued Existence | Re/code

In CEO’s Bizarre Fantasy World, BlackBerry “Dominates Again”

BlackBerry CEO John Chen has set a secondary goal for the dilapidated smartphone pioneer if he should somehow manage to prevent its seemingly inevitable collapse into irrelevance: Stop it from losing money. “Once we turn this company to profitability again, I will do everything I can to never lose money ever again,” Chen told Reuters.”That is definitely something I am very focused on doing.” One would hope so. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. BlackBerry’s resurrection is anything but a sure thing at this point, despite Chen’s campaign to make it appear otherwise. Though the company reported a smaller-than-expected loss in its latest quarter, revenue fell far short of expectations. Meanwhile, BlackBerry continues to lose traction in the enterprise and government markets it needs to mount a sustainable turnaround. Hard to see a silk purse in such a tattered sow’s ear — unless, like Chen, you’ve $85 million of restricted stock clouding your vision. “I don’t have a perfect crystal ball but there’s no point coming in saying that we’re not going to dominate again,” he told the Financial Times in another interview. “One has to be realistic, but it’s not impossible.”
    Borderline disrespectful, if you ask me.
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-10-14 02:37 PM
    although posted by a bear but i think it is cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.png 
Views:	1046 
Size:	440.9 KB 
ID:	313472
    The revered..

Rims Jhong Chen ??
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-14 02:45 PM
    Are Blackberry phones gaining popularity? I think so.
    My commuter case for my Z30 just had the piece of plastic above the USB snap off. I called into customer support for a warranty claim. While on the line with the CS Rep she asked what type of phone it was and when I told her it was a Blackberry Z30 she said "wow those phones must be getting popular again, I have been getting al lot of calls for BlackBerry orders lately"

Posted via CB10
    $299 at shop blackberry. Great deal for such a great device.
    Soumaila Somtore and sidhuk like this.
    11-10-14 02:45 PM
    that's a good one!!!
    Your welcome everyone. What? You mean yall thought that the stock price spike had to do with Blackberries solid business plan performance and future plans? ? Noooo its because I bought my z30 on saturday. Silly crackberrians :-)

Posted via CrackBerry App
    helopilot06 likes this.
    11-10-14 03:10 PM
    It's been a great day and I must confess...I've been in New York since Friday. I walked through Columbus Circle and passed Chen's hotel on the weekend after a walk to the skating rink in Central Park. Today I was on Wall Street. I'm absolutely convinced my being here had everything to do with today's action.

I told the wife we can't leave. She insisted we stay. Looking forward to Wednesday as tomorrow here is a holiday.
    11-10-14 03:25 PM
    OT: Morgan, any thoughts on HALO? Thanks in advance!
    11-10-14 03:41 PM
    OT: M+8 could you kindly give your observations on HALO after hours decline?

Thank you. Ben
    MasterMoe, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    11-10-14 03:42 PM
    OT: HALO looks like your typical overreaction by the market, just my 2 cents
    11-10-14 04:05 PM
    Thoughts on the Classic launch date.

Passport is selling more than Chen expected. This quarter will be better than forecast and bring them closer to breakeven. Chen wouldn't want to have this quarters rev flooded with the Passport and Classic early launch type and associated pent up sales...especially Enterprises buying the Classic at the expected aggressive price point vs Passport.

So push back Classic to December 1 and start flooding revenue into next quarter. The quarter after that we have expiry of EZ pass and revs from paid BES service, and continued Classic and Passport sales. Should also have another device launch around March timeframe.

So....keep building the momentum without the chance of having a blow out Q for Dec ER and then less revs then next Q....the shorts would flood the media with "a one quarter anomaly and now blackberry will continue it's demise".

My 2 cents.

I expected the Classic to be shown off tomorrow with pre sales going live this week and Dec 1 ship date.
    11-10-14 04:19 PM
    Thoughts on the Classic launch date.

Passport is selling more than Chen expected. This quarter will be better than forecast and bring them closer to breakeven. Chen wouldn't want to have this quarters rev flooded with the Passport and Classic early launch type and associated pent up sales...especially Enterprises buying the Classic at the expected aggressive price point vs Passport.

So push back Classic to December 1 and start flooding revenue into next quarter. The quarter after that we have expiry of EZ pass and revs from paid BES service, and continued Classic and Passport sales. Should also have another device launch around March timeframe.

So....keep building the momentum without the chance of having a blow out Q for Dec ER and then less revs then next Q....the shorts would flood the media with "a one quarter anomaly and now blackberry will continue it's demise".

My 2 cents.

I expected the Classic to be shown off tomorrow with pre sales going live this week and Dec 1 ship date.
    Exactly! Also, the fire sale on older BB10 devices will help the number of "devices sold" and reduce the inventory levels - two other big plus's for this q. So much smarter to save the classic for next quarter. Chen the wiz <3

Do you mean Classic will be showed off Nov 13? Whats happening tmr? Classic should have its own launch event, that date will probably be announced on Nov 13. My guess is 1st week of Dec for the Classic launch event.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:44 PM
113,256 ... 29602961296229632964 ...