View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    OT

Baba beat. I want bbry to get in bed with then before apple does.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:27 AM
    Me too. Found their mobile site, though.

$15/share
    http://capi.9c9media.com/destination...manifest.m3u8v

Four things about Chen
    http://capi.9c9media.com/destination.../manifest.m3u8

IOT

O'Leary

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    Thanks!

Sent from my awesome Z30
    11-04-14 07:09 AM
    Ingram Micro Mobility and BlackBerry Announce Distribution Agreement in Canada to Serve Unlocked Smartphone Market
    Marketwired
    Major Canadian Retailers and Resellers Can Now Carry Unlocked BlackBerry Smartphones

November 04, 2014: 09:17 AM ET

Ingram Micro Mobility and BlackBerry Announce Distribution Agreement in Canada to Serve Unlocked Smartphone Market

Ingram Micro Mobility, a business unit of Ingram Micro Canada and subsidiary of Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), is providing unlocked BlackBerry 10 smartphones throughout Canada as part of a new agreement between the two companies. The agreement equips BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) (TSX: BB) with broader distribution of its products and services throughout Canada by leveraging Ingram Micro Mobility's supply chain expertise, extensive infrastructure and unique channel reach to value-added resellers (VARs), system integrators, mobile carriers, retailers and other service providers.

"Ingram Micro Mobility is a valued partner for BlackBerry throughout the world," said Matt Reaves, head of global distribution at BlackBerry, "This partnership will make it easier and more convenient for customers across Canada who value productivity and security to find the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that suits their needs."

"We are excited to be working with BlackBerry to bring their extensive BlackBerry 10 smartphone portfolio to more Canadian retailers," said Steve Roberts, executive director, Ingram Micro Mobility Canada. "Our distribution channel will allow a number of new partners to sell unlocked BlackBerry devices, offering greater choice for customers."

Unlocked BlackBerry 10 smartphones will be available at retail locations online and in-stores as well as through value added resellers in the future. For more information on where to buy visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 12 others like this.
    11-04-14 08:40 AM
    So guys, today is the one year anniversary of the new BBRY management...

We are not out of the woods yet but, overall, I would say it has been a very good year!

Anxious to see where we'll be a year from now...

Thanks to everyone who has kept the faith and made this an awesome thread to share and to learn.

Where is the "birthday cake" icon when you need it? This will do instead!
    11-04-14 09:06 AM
    From today's Globe and Mail Report on Business:
    Lack of global knowledge cost BlackBerry Indonesia - The Globe and Mail

The article goes against what we've heard so far about BlackBerry in Indonesia. Yet, if the Z3 was a run-away success we would have heard some boasting about sales.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016 | Bell | via CB10
    Some of the commenter's posts.

"I'm an expat living in Jakarta and would have to disagree completely with this author. I have seen more people texting on a blackberry just today in the mall than than my entire life living in Canada. Everyone here is addicted to BBM they are on it notstop all day long. Yes the handsets do not dominate the market anymore but how do they compete with cheap androids that sell for less than 100 bucks new? "

"re: Lack of global knowledge cost BlackBerry Indonesia

Just 2 weeks ago it was reported 79% of Indonesians use BBM and was blowing WhatsApp and LINE out of the water. Not only that, BBM users were using BBM 2-4X than WhatsApp and LINE.

Suggesting they lack global knowledge is Orwellian or completely ignorant of the facts."
    11-04-14 09:13 AM
    Some of the commenter's posts.

"I'm an expat living in Jakarta and would have to disagree completely with this author. I have seen more people texting on a blackberry just today in the mall than than my entire life living in Canada. Everyone here is addicted to BBM they are on it notstop all day long. Yes the handsets do not dominate the market anymore but how do they compete with cheap androids that sell for less than 100 bucks new? "

"re: Lack of global knowledge cost BlackBerry Indonesia

Just 2 weeks ago it was reported 79% of Indonesians use BBM and was blowing WhatsApp and LINE out of the water. Not only that, BBM users were using BBM 2-4X than WhatsApp and LINE.

Suggesting they lack global knowledge is Orwellian or completely ignorant of the facts."
    It is ok. I ready to buy again soon. Attempt is to take it back to 9s.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-04-14 09:35 AM
    So guys, today is the one year anniversary of the new BBRY management...

We are not out of the woods yet but, overall, I would say it has been a very good year!

Anxious to see where we'll be a year from now...

Thanks to everyone who has kept the faith and made this an awesome thread to share and to learn.

Where is the "birthday cake" icon when you need it? This will do instead!

IMO, the new management hasn't shown much yet.

Beside stabilizing the liquidity problem, the situation hasn't change. The service business is still falling fast, and none of the other businesses is growing at a significant pace.

Things commonly attributed to Chen were in fact introduced by the previous management:
    Negotiations with suppliers to scale down the device business.
    Reduction of the workforce by 40%.
    The Foxconn partnership.
    Passport.

More time is needed to evaluate the work done.
    11-04-14 09:41 AM

Things commonly attributed to Chen were in fact introduced by the previous management:
    The Foxconn partnership.
    Passport.

Very true. Takes 1-2 yrs for the new guy to start implementing changes. Same thing as what happens in government....

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:04 AM
    I read that globe article last night and was p***ed off. There is something about the GM writers that seem to have it in for BlackBerry. It's almost as if they were all invested heavily a few years ago and lost a fair chunk of money. These types of articles don't help the public perception and therefore the recovery.

Sent from my awesome Z30
    bungaboy, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-04-14 10:06 AM
    Well, I had to check my account for end of year stuff, and I was actually pleased to see my BBRY positive despite the low /$ exchange rate ...
    As of date, I'm green, now I want it to blink fluo (but I'll wait) !
    (bellow currency is )
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    11-04-14 10:13 AM
    Looks like it's back in stock at Amazon USA, if you know anyone who was waiting - go get one

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-04-14 10:14 AM

Beside stabilizing the liquidity problem, the situation hasn't change. The service business is still falling fast, and none of the other businesses is growing at a significant pace.

The Foxconn partnership.
    Passport.

Somehow longer I thought it'll be
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...months-878365/
    11-04-14 10:27 AM

The Foxconn partnership.
    Passport.
    I agree. But what about the Amazon partnership and the Classic? Classic seems to be Chen's baby.
    11-04-14 10:33 AM
    OT - Sorry folks, would someone mind telling how much battery % BBM should be taking up...bit of an semi-emergency...battery life falling off a cliff for seemingly no reason, and BBM at 22% of battery use...?

I'd attach shot of BBVE, but photo attachment isn't working for some reason...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:38 AM
    OT from the Related files, be careful out there:

JPMorgan facing criminal probe into foreign currency trading - Nov. 4, 2014

JPMorgan (JPM) is far from the only bank under investigation for possible foreign currency market abuse. Financial regulators have been looking into whether the banks sought to manipulate interest rates, with internal and external probes involving UBS (UBS), Deutsche Bank (DB), Barclays (BCS) and the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), among others. The disclosure from JPMorgan comes as U.S. officials turn up the heat on big banks.
    11-04-14 11:30 AM
    OT - Sorry folks, would someone mind telling how much battery % BBM should be taking up...bit of an semi-emergency...battery life falling off a cliff for seemingly no reason, and BBM at 22% of battery use...?

Posted via CB10
    Have you installed any new apps? Lots threads discussing some apps that link to bbm using lots battery life and it showing as bbm when is actually the app.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:08 PM
    11-04-14 12:21 PM
    Send this to Marlow at Glob & Fail.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    11-04-14 12:35 PM
    Oh sh1t. Now you've gone and done it lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:52 PM
    11-04-14 01:09 PM
    And, in . . . 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1
    11-04-14 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    It happened to my Z30 once or twice before. You just need to hard reboot the device by holding up and down volume button.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-04-14 01:29 PM
    11-04-14 01:34 PM
    And, in . . . 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1
    I've sent out a call to Gesig Boek
    11-04-14 02:17 PM

The Foxconn partnership.
    Passport.

Agree.

Would also like to add the number of SAP execs who joined Chen after he became CEO. He must have been very convincing to make them join the risky "adventure" he undertook.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 11-04-14 at 03:45 PM.
    11-04-14 02:35 PM
107,055 ... 29502951295229532954 ...