View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wonder why there would be two separate release dates for business and retail? The only thing I can think of is supply restraints.
    No, it's apparently normal for TMO - or so I've read. They'll sometimes release new phones early for business, with ~ a week lag for consumer.
    03-05-13 10:01 AM
    My biggest worry is Blackberry announcing that the US introduction will be delayed. If that happens, even a parachute will not help BBRY!
    I would not even think this is possible except for RIM's past history where they have done it before!

Fingers crossed
    Yep, they're not known for their planning expertise. I'm an Operations and Planning Officer within the Department of Defense and if I did some of the things they let happen, I'd be singing in the soup line right now. Just say'in.....
    03-05-13 10:03 AM
    A quote from a thread on the G&M about Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley.

If you walk in to a bank with a gun, you will probably end up in jail. If you send out an email like Walkley and skew the market to your advantage, you are a good analyst. The system is BS.
    03-05-13 10:04 AM
    I wonder why there would be two separate release dates for business and retail? The only thing I can think of is supply restraints.
    Perhaps to show the business sector a special. You know, like business class at the airlines.
    03-05-13 10:04 AM
    The fiscal year ended in March 2. Is there any possibility that an anonymous one-post-user could give us insider information about the results in Q4, just as a kind recognition of the great support of this community to BlackBerry?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-05-13 10:05 AM
    Our company will be upgrading to all BlackBerry 10 devices over the next year with T Mobile. We are already with BlackBerry and are sticking with it. 4-500 lines and devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:06 AM
    The fiscal year ended in March 2. Is there any possibility that an anonymous one-post-user could give us insider information about the results in Q4, just as a kind recognition of the great support of this community to BlackBerry?
    Lol I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:07 AM
    Could always just hope for guidance ahead of the earnings report.

BBRY hasn't done it in a while though.
    03-05-13 10:09 AM
    Morganplus8, I think the market heard you!
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

Okay, thanks for playing along!!! I can feed you some more TA here, we just formed a potential "Cup & Handle" this morning. The steep decline followed by the strong rally and a slight pull-back here to form the handle. That spells RALLY!!!

There, I have to go to lunch.
    03-05-13 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    What is happening with your backend? Are you going to BES10 or something else like Iron Mountain or Air(something)?
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    03-05-13 10:16 AM
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

Okay, thanks for playing along!!! I can feed you some more TA here, we just formed a potential "Cup & Handle" this morning. The steep decline followed by the strong rally and a slight pull-back here to form the handle. That spells RALLY!!!

Thanks. Oh, and have an apple for lunch. But only one. Too many and you get the "green apple quick step". LoL
    03-05-13 10:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao. Where did that guy that got the supposed inside rogers info off a russian forum go? Surely he's unbanned from there now and can post a screenshot.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-13 10:19 AM
    What is happening with your backend? Are you going to BES10 or something else like Iron Mountain or Air(something)?
    Errrr . . . . . shouldn't this kind of discuission be in the "dating" section of CB? LoL
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    03-05-13 10:19 AM
    BBRY is the only red stock in my portfolio today. Looking good lol.
    BBRY is the only stock in my portfolio today. Looking bad...
    03-05-13 10:22 AM
    Serious? Man that's ballsy. I believe in the company too, but I don't know if I'd be able to put everything into it. I hope you're young just in case it doesn't work out. But, if it does, we can pop Cristal together.
    03-05-13 10:24 AM
    "Lunch?! aw you gotta be kidding lunch is for wimps!" Gordan Ghekko

hehe

Ha! Ha! Ha!

randall2580 likes this.
    03-05-13 10:26 AM
    BES10 all the way. With the free CAL trade up offer it makes the most sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:26 AM
    Its good, no diversification... More potential gains
    03-05-13 10:27 AM
    My friend is a sales rep for New York there are a few bugs they have to sort out with the os for the us release the carriers are ready and March 27 is the date he told me

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:27 AM
    From this article. Think Z10 meets the test? I do. (with the updates vastly improving battery life)

I repeat what I've said before about "smartphones" -- what matters to consumer is:
    �Battery life. If it sucks nothing else matters. A dead phone is worth zero -- period.

�Textual communication. This means things like email and text messages, and the on-screen (or physical) keyboard. If those suck forget the rest.

�RF / voice performance. Since this is a mobile device if RF sucks nothing else matters as without signal you have a pretty brick in your hand and nothing more. This encompasses phone call quality but is not exclusive to it.

�The browser. It is critically important that you be able to get to data you need on the Internet. This is one of the serious shortcomings in both Android and IOS; both have very real problems in this regard at present. While you can load workarounds (at least in Android) you shouldn't have to.

�A handful of social media applications. Facebook and Twitter, to name two big ones. Most users find these to be important.

�Internal media. Most users want competent music playing, for example.

�Little else, despite the claims of "ecosystem" Wall Street pumpers. The average consumer may have dozens of applications on their smartphone but I bet they use less than a half-dozen beyond the two or three main social media sites. Seriously -- think about it yourself. Don't count how many apps you have, count which ones you actually use in a given day. I'll bet that once you remove Twitter and Facebook for 90%+ of consumers the count fits on one hand's fingers.
    03-05-13 10:30 AM
    The UK and Canada release os was half baked that's why we got an update so fast.the us carriers knew this so they waited for the update to be implemented

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:39 AM
    The UK and Canada release os was half baked that's why we got an update so fast.the us carriers knew this so they waited for the update to be implemented

Posted via CB10
    Please keep us posted gp.
    03-05-13 10:44 AM
    Yep, they're not known for their planning expertise. I'm an Operations and Planning Officer within the Department of Defense and if I did some of the things they let happen, I'd be singing in the soup line right now. Just say'in.....
    BBRY or RIM they are going to have to earn my respect again. As far as the other poster saying "this is the new Blackberry" and not the old RIM. Sorry but introducing the Z10 when it seemed to not be quite ready reminded me of the Playbook disaster, sounding alot like RIM to me.

Time will tell but holding stock right now has great risk as far as I am concerned.
    03-05-13 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10

Very bad move on BB's part. Most of the reviews were done based on the Z10 with that OS.... very few will bother doing a review based on the new OS. So anyone doing a quick check of reviews is going to get an incorrect picture of how well the Z10 works.
    03-05-13 10:49 AM
    Yes Sir, I love Blackberry and we swear by it around here, but I'm selling as soon as this gets to $18-$20 price range. I'm waiting for the new Q10 and the future tablet but investing in BBRY stock long term is a no-no for me.
    03-05-13 10:53 AM
113,256 ... 293294295296297 ...