View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I plan to buy Passport around Christmas. But John Chen mentioned there is another exciting device (Passport 2.0) in the works and to be launched (I think) in first quarter of next yr- what if that's leaked by Christmas! Will I buy Passport or wait for 2.0!!!

Posted via CB10
    Life is short. Buy a Passport. You won't regret it!
    10-22-14 11:15 AM
    Really liked the article. Some things don't make sense like him wanting m secure. If someone wants, post a message on his article letting him know about the OG blackberry password manager.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:15 AM
    Life is short. Buy a Passport. You won't regret it!
    This was exact line I told to my female coworker. But she is scared off from the size. Sometimes I really understand why this phone is targeted for 30% of people.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-22-14 11:23 AM
    This was exact line I told to my female coworker. But she is scared off from the size. Sometimes I really understand why this phone is targeted for 30% of people.

Posted via CB10
    When I looked at a passport port dummy unit in person at Telus, I had thoughts of shock and a second thought about passport size. Then I looked at bigger iPhone and I felt better. Next day it was good and now everything else looks awkward.
    I just looked at my son's iphone 5s and the T key. Just compared the T key distance on the passport. The distance comparison made me smile that that reporter has some trignomatric issues.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-22-14 11:38 AM
    BlackBerry Issued Patents for Conference Calling, Wearables

BlackBerry Ltd. won at least 27 new U.S. patents, shedding light on what sort of devices are in the works at the Canadian smartphone maker.

Among the patents are security features and a user interface for a conference-calling system, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Official Gazette. Chief Executive Officer John Chen said in September that BBM Meetings, a videoconferencing service, would debut by the end of the year.
    BlackBerry Issued Patents for Conference Calling, Wearables - Bloomberg
    sidhuk, lech31, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    10-22-14 12:09 PM
    Disregard. Misfire.
    10-22-14 12:10 PM
    ..."feels like something that has fallen off the bottom of an old fridge..."

L-O-L! I disagree, but give this dainty fellow a B+ for comedy relief.

Over all a good read IMO.
    10-22-14 12:11 PM
    10-22-14 12:12 PM
    Its interesting "One of the patents issued yesterday explains how a small electronic device on a watch or lanyard could be used to grant access to a smartphone so users wouldn’t have to key in a passcode."

My Moto 360 does that as does some of the Samsung watches I have played with. Wonder what is different about the BlackBerry implementation?
    10-22-14 12:47 PM
    Yeah, my thumb touches the Q just fine and the phone fits my pants and shirt pockets.
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-14 12:49 PM
    Any idea what the Passport II is all about? I've been assuming it to be a touchscreen Passport...?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:11 PM
    my guess is smaller version of the passport for lady sized hands
    georg4BB likes this.
    10-22-14 01:13 PM
    Surely the Passport has to be the size of a passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:33 PM
    Not quite on BlackBerry topic, but rather ties into security.

Twitter?s Audacious Plan to Infiltrate All Your Apps http://www.wired.com/2014/10/twitter-fabric-sdk/

This is ridiculous! If all apps start to have this built-in in the future, I'm not installing any.

Edit: Lets devs build sign-in screens that don't need email or password. Just phone number. Yeah, that will not work for me.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-22-14 01:37 PM
    Surely the Passport has to be the size of a passport?
    Posted via CB10
    They will not call it passport for sure.
    Just a device in size between the passport and the Q10, with a passport like touch keyboard, so the belt can finally be removed.
    10-22-14 01:57 PM
    I can't see the point in a mini-passport...that's just a Q10, basically...but with a capacitive keyboard. An all touchscreen Passport makes much more sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:09 PM
    They will not call it passport for sure.
    Just a device in size between the passport and the Q10, with a passport like touch keyboard, so the belt can finally be removed.
    I don't think the belt will ever be removed again. The touch keyboard is amazing, but trackpad is more than cursor placement and scrolling. Its OS navigation. Also, the call keys are arguably the most important aspect of the belt.

If anything, a passport with toolbelt would be the ultimate prosumer device. Would significantly reduce complaints regarding one handed usability.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-22-14 02:16 PM
    I don't know. I got the impression the capacitive keyboard is THE innovative killer feature of the passport, therefore it should also give a smaller device a good selling point.
    A belt consumes space which can be used better for screen real estate. Sure, it's usefull for devices like the classic, but to be honest - the belt is not cool (in my opinion). I can be wrong, but a passport with a belt? No, not cool at all. I know, it's not about coolness but...well not really
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-22-14 02:54 PM
    I don't think the belt will ever be removed again. The touch keyboard is amazing, but trackpad is more than cursor placement and scrolling. Its OS navigation. Also, the call keys are arguably the most important aspect of the belt.

If anything, a passport with toolbelt would be the ultimate prosumer device. Would significantly reduce complaints regarding one handed usability.

Posted via CB10
    WeLl, there's no belt on my Passport. Do you thinl they'll add a belt. I don?t thinl they'll disturb this form-factor.

Posted with my flash Passport
    10-22-14 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even though we are going a little too OT here, I think you got it right. I like that BlackBerry has distinguished themselves as smartphones with keyboards. It's a clear strategic advantage. I can't stress enough how great it is to be back to a physical KB after using all touch Z10 and Z30 for the past two years. Keyboard shortcuts are a godsend and I completely forgot how valuable they are in achieving the ultimate productivity.The toolbelt will be the one feature that will tempt me to leave the Passport. I have about 5-6 hours of talk time / day and I really miss those call buttons. The capacitive keyboard is outstanding, but the trackpad still has it beat. I think the capacitive keyboard can develop and mature with the OS, and I'm interested to see how it get implemented in the future. I don't see BlackBerry having great success with all touch devices because that market is clearly saturated.

Back on topic, rough day for BBRY and the broader market. I think we're not going too far from here without some more positive news. November 13th can't come soon enough. Does anyone here feel like making up some rumors and sending it to Bezinga? Then every other media outlet can report it simply because Bezinga did first thereby driving the stock up another 9%. Ridiculous!
    jxnb likes this.
    10-22-14 03:18 PM
    Disregard. Misfire.
    There's an app for that.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-22-14 03:23 PM
    Its interesting "One of the patents issued yesterday explains how a small electronic device on a watch or lanyard could be used to grant access to a smartphone so users wouldn�t have to key in a passcode."

My Moto 360 does that as does some of the Samsung watches I have played with. Wonder what is different about the BlackBerry implementation?
    The difference ? Likely that BlackBerry solution is actually secure?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-14 03:32 PM
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    I have smaller hands and digits I can depress the 'w' but can't reach the 'q' with my right thumb.
    10-22-14 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Got to disagree. I dislike the tool belt. It's clunky, takes up precious real estate and looks so ancient. The Q10 looks clean, smooth and visually appealing.

However I understand that some people still like and (think they) need the tool belt. I just hope it doesn't become something they implement across the board

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    10-22-14 03:42 PM
    Hope all you guys up north are safe.
    10-22-14 03:45 PM
113,256 ... 29332934293529362937 ...