411 37.23%
    10-17-14 06:04 PM
    10-17-14 06:16 PM
    Dude's got a grip on that mike, don't he? LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-17-14 06:25 PM
    OT:

Everyone !

Thank you so much for putting up with all the confusion around the VIP orders. I want to assure you that we are sending your orders. All people in the US should be getting their products shipped at the latest today. For Canadian offers, we will be getting them out Monday , Tuesday. They have to go through customs.

With the shipments, you want to get official shipment confirmation email with the tracking information - but we can’t do that quite yet.

Some of you might know that the VIP products were associated with a promotion and that they were set up for immediate charge. Well, with immediate charge comes no automated shipping tracking information.

We have started working to get the information. Then we will send each one of you your tracking link. It may take a couple of days to get the information for each of your orders, but we will send confirmation emails at the end of each day – until everyone gets one.

I know this is one more round of frustration – and I hope you have one last bit of patience for us.

Of course, if you don’t, my email and contact information are below.

Please let me know if someone you know should get this email. I will resend it to them personally.

And while this email doesn’t look like an official BlackBerry email, it is an official BlackBerry email. 

You’ve been the best fans ever.

Marie
    10-17-14 06:58 PM
    I'm actually amazed that someone here posted a response from a long time BlackBerry basher "KIA" who have been and it seems still is trolling the BBRY SA Forum. I've tried to reason with this guy, but he just keeps spitting the oldest news available. This is the last time I'm going to waist my time on this individual.

Cheers!

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    KIA as in Know It All, sounds like the dude is compensating for lack of something!
    10-17-14 07:02 PM
    Great posts Corbu and Bungaboy. BlackBerry making great strides in all their product offerings, as well as (apparently) public relations!

Can't wait to get a new BBM, and will be patiently waiting for my new VIP Passport on Tuesday or Wednesday..

Let's hope this positivity spreads to the balance sheet and the stock price!
    I'm as confident as ever in this epic turnaround!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    10-17-14 07:25 PM
    Wait so bunga method of seeing the device # is correct right

Just asking cause I'm getting lost between that and ppl are talking about the imei? Can't seem to find my number cause i ordered right when it was launched within 1 hr

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by slipstream89; 10-17-14 at 09:45 PM.
    10-17-14 07:55 PM
    About the PP being manufactured by Wistron

2:50 or so
    Passport will be profitable right away: BlackBerry CEO - BNN News

As well:
    http://www.therecord.com/news-story/...revenue-falls/

BlackBerry calls it a high-end phone — "This is a great phone," Chen said — but did not disclose a price. It was built for BlackBerry by Wistron of Taiwan.
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    10-17-14 08:02 PM
    OT:
    So, now this has nothing at all to do with the subject matter of this thread, so please forgive me.
    I suspect one could come up with some clever analogies between this iconic car and BlackBerry's latest device, etc., but forget all that. Enjoy the sound and catch some beautiful "glympses" (how about that for a BBM reference?) of Mont-Tremblant's track...
    And a nice weekend to you all!

Last edited by Corbu; 10-17-14 at 10:53 PM.
    10-17-14 08:46 PM
    I was in a meeting today. About 12 people. Kicking off about a $60 million financing. Basically middle market stuff, but pretty sophisticated. Anyway, I noted that there were three bolds and one Q10 on the table. Those bolds sure are nice looking phones. I think my Q10 looks great though I had left it in the office. So I'm not included in that count.

Anyway, I can't wait for the classic to come out. Though I think BlackBerry needs to keep making the old os phones as well. They work. And in a world of phablets their small form factor without sacrificing battery life is a real advantage.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:11 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic will do extremely well with the "bold 9900" lovers...

That's the one!

From my awesome Passport
    Tokyo
    Via Shopblackberry.com toronto

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, rarsen, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    10-17-14 11:17 PM
    Interesting, however and bare in mind I'm no logistics know it all, but the time line to restock to initial channels was many weeks not days. If, as this person states, when pulling from existing stock, even consolidated, it would never take that long.

So, if Digital river bought 100,000 units as an example, and kept half their stock at a warehouse near the manufacturing site, and half in a distribution warehouse in their regions, they would have likely had at worst a 1 week restock time factoring consolidated air shipment time. Same goes for Amazon who's consolidated shipments likely happen every day from all regions of the world, giving a 3 day turn around at worst even if the parts are on the other side of the planet. This nothing to say if expedite shipping is initiated.

Now, to balance this, we have heard nothing about production increases or spikes which does lend credibility to the comment you posted. If BlackBerry suddenly had to ramp up production, surely we would have heard about this.

Baring further comment from BlackBerry (and many will argue the silence is deafening) I suspect we will have to wait until December to have even a little bit of an idea how many they have sold.

Posted via CB10
    Agree much of that tale seems implausible. My pp got to me in Ottawa from Indianapolis in 12 hrs but internal logistics takes weeks?

And good man for quoting her and naming her in a public posting before she could get back to you.

No doubt her candor will be rewarded by the higher ups. Can't imagine how pleased John Chen will be that she helped out by sharing this info.

Posted with my flash Passport
    Last edited by KenFletch; 10-18-14 at 12:27 AM.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-18-14 12:13 AM
    It was a good trolling post by him so don't worry about it. The sign of a good troll is adding believability to the post by adding some facts, such as the 200k quote from Chen being the volume of PO's, not sell through on the EC.
    The story is structured well Asked for info from connie. She called back initially didn't remember her name, then she proceeds to leak all over him and he posts it all with her name before he gets her ok. So much baloney

Posted with my flash Passport
    georg4BB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-18-14 12:23 AM
    Interesting method!

What is the earliest serial #?

Is it the IMEI# ?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that was good use of critical thinking by Bungaboy.

Lol, if it is correct, then we should poll everyone on this site for numbers to find out possible sell through....
    10-18-14 12:53 AM
    Yeah, that was good use of critical thinking by Bungaboy.

Lol, if it is correct, then we should poll everyone on this site for numbers to find out possible sell through....
    Assume the VIP models were part of an early production run. They should have lower serial numbers.

BB10 4 ME
    10-18-14 07:56 AM
    BlackBerry Passport Out Of Stock in Malaysia

As we reported earlier, BlackBerry Passport has been selling like hot cakes in Malaysia. From our information sources, BlackBerry Passport has been selling very well in Malaysia and already out of stock on the 2nd day of it’s selling in Malaysia (exclusively by Celcom from 10th-31st October) !.

Our readers have reported that almost every Celcom Blue Cube throughout Malaysia has run out of stock (apparently globally) which an interesting news instead.

Although there is no official statement been made by Celcom nor Celcom announced how many units been ordered, this news enough to reflect how market demand on BlackBerry Passport.
    BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry User Group Malaysia
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    10-18-14 08:56 AM
    Wait so bunga method of seeing the device # is correct right

Just asking cause I'm getting lost between that and ppl are talking about the imei? Can't seem to find my number cause i ordered right when it was launched within 1 hr

Posted via CB10
    The Serial numbers I used were from Shop Blackberry papers.

The IMEI method would seem to stop at 999,999 devices. So this doesn't seem logical to me.

The serial numbers on each phone under "settings" is in a format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and doesn't make any sense when I look at the s/n of the 4 Passports I have.
    10-18-14 09:03 AM
    10-18-14 09:16 AM
    http://www.emarketsdaily.com/blackbe...mover/1819876/

"After opening of market, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) shares open price was $8.86 that hit its intraday high price of $9.32 moreover then finished at $9.30 by shares raised 2.09% in last trading session. The Wall Street consensus average estimates for latest quarter revenue are $968.58M, at the same time as 25 experts forecast $957.49M revenues for the next three months of 2014."

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:01 AM
    "The stock market needs to see a therapist."

LoL

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/what-...next-1.2059898

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-18-14 01:14 PM
    What's going on everyone. Seems like the stock has kind of stayed in the 10+ range for months now! No more insane swings like last year...

What's new!?
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-18-14 01:22 PM
    What's going on everyone. Seems like the stock has kind of stayed in the 10+ range for months now! No more insane swings like last year...

What's new!?
    Looking at the BB:TSE stock that I own.... if I had repeatedly bought/sold at 10/12 I'd have a small fortune by now

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:33 PM
    10-18-14 03:09 PM
    Oi' Blokes!

Am I alone on the thought that BlackBerry and Cisco may 'do a deal' sometime ahead?
    Seems to be a nice fit.

Still recovering from turkey hangover.
    theblaze likes this.
    10-18-14 04:36 PM
    Oi' Blokes!

Am I alone on the thought that BlackBerry and Cisco may 'do a deal' sometime ahead?
    Seems to be a nice fit.

Still recovering from turkey hangover.
    Where does this information come from?

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    10-18-14 04:46 PM
104,898 ... 29242925292629272928 ...