• Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    All of UK

GB, France, Germany.

I believe some parts of Asia as well.

Posted via CB10
    shopblackberry French and Germany site shows in stock. the rest sold out.
    How many countries has BlackBerry Passport officially been launched at?

1. Canada - via carriers and ShopBlackBerry
    2. USA - via ShopBlackBerry only so far
    3. Dubai
    4. India
    5. Singapore

Any other country?
    Okay. So, plenty of more countries to go then! Over 1 M sold this quarter would be awesome! Given that there are so many more countries where they haven't launched yet, it seems dooable.
    10-14-14 01:11 PM
    By the way, is anyone adding BBRY positions in this dip? I have some options strike 15, 2016 Jan expiry. They are already over 35% down. I wish I had more money in trading account to average down. The whole market is down, so it's going to bounce back up when market starts to recover, I guess. Great buying opportunity that I can not make use of. Anyone else taking advantage?
    Soumaila Somtore and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-14-14 01:15 PM
    If I catch it under $10 CDN I'll be in for a little more

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    bungaboy and 3_M4N like this.
    10-14-14 01:30 PM
    added some today at $9.03
    By the way, is anyone adding BBRY positions in this dip? I have some options strike 15, 2016 Jan expiry. They are already over 35% down. I wish I had more money in trading account to average down. The whole market is down, so it's going to bounce back up when market starts to recover, I guess. Great buying opportunity that I can not make use of. Anyone else taking advantage?
    10-14-14 01:47 PM
    i keep adding at the wrong time of day.
    CDM76 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    10-14-14 01:49 PM
    i keep adding at the wrong time of day.
    Same feeling. Every time I add, the price goes down further. Maybe I should sell some and see if price goes up right after?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:53 PM
    Maybe so, but I still don't see the longterm benefits of giving away one of their core strategic benefits

Posted via CB10
    'Giving' is innapropriate. They've just decided they'll monetise it. With cash money, not competitive advantage.
    See MS $1Bil. Royalties for samy/android ? Closest comparison I can see...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:53 PM
    added some today at $9.03
    Still waiting...

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    10-14-14 02:56 PM
    10-14-14 04:35 PM
    Thought I would post a chart on BBRY while I wait for my darn PASSPORT!@!!!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry-oct-14-2014.png

We have fallen back to the bottom of the $ 9.00 to $ 10.80/shr/US channel, we are just about oversold now with the RSI above 30 and we are following a solid uptrend line. The news has been great, the general market looks terrible and as soon as this market can find a bottom, we should march back up. Let's hold onto $ 9.00/shr area and continue to hear great things about that Passport! The general market can't find support, commodities are falling and rallies in stocks are aborted by the end of the day. Even AAPL with all that institutional money behind it is below its 50-dma today. Oh my.

OT Alert!!

HALO continues to hit homeruns with its pipeline, please take a moment to look at the latest news on their drugs being available for children without warning labels or trial testing. Crazy good news in a bad market. GL
    10-14-14 04:35 PM
    10-14-14 05:20 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Added 30 k shares to my Long position yesterday....

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:34 PM
    Added 30 k shares to my Long position yesterday....

Posted via CB10
    I remember your post from several months ago, or maybe last year, when you mentioned you losses were in SIX (or was it SEVEN?) figures. How did you manage to get back in the game? I mean, after such a big loss, you'd think you'd pick a different stock this time?

Who am I kidding - I did the same - after getting burnt in BBRY stock last year, I've come back to BlackBerry!
    10-14-14 08:47 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Still holding... yeah very large position. Break even at $15...

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and bungaboy like this.
    10-14-14 09:07 PM
    Slow BlackBerry Passport Smartphone Availability Worries Analyst

"Given the limited initial supply of the Passport combined with slightly longer-than typical component procurement and manufacturing cycle time for this unique form factor device, combined with Blackberry recognizing hardware revenue on a sell-through basis versus shipments into the channel, we lower our Q3/F'15 and 2H (second half)/F'15 BB10 (BlackBerry 10) hardware revenue estimates," wrote Walkley in his report.

By 2016, however, BlackBerry is expected to recover from the tight supplies of Passport smartphones and will see more of a financial turnaround, wrote Walkley. "Despite our updated expectations for lower sales levels for the lower margin hardware business in Q3/F'15 and beyond, we anticipate gradually improving trends following the BES12 (BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12) launch in November with growing Software sales in F'16 and believe BlackBerry could achieve non-GAAP profitability in 2H/F'16."

[...]

Asked why BlackBerry only prepared for 200,000 Passport preorders, Walkley told eWEEK that the company's more recent experiences with a tepid response to its previous BlackBerry 10 mobile devices kept its preorder inventory estimates this time on the low side.

"I think BlackBerry overestimated demand so much for the BB10 devices that they have very conservative estimates for new devices going forward," he wrote in an email reply. "The company is still working through some BB10 devices in the channel from more than 6 months ago. Also, to conserve cash flow and meet year-end cash flow break even targets, BlackBerry has taken a more cautious stance on building new inventory for devices."

In the meantime, though, that shortage of Passport smartphones can hurt the company just as it is trying to gain new traction with a new device, he said. "I agree that the lack of supply for a potentially popular device (at least among BlackBerry loyal customers) creates risk for customers and IT departments to continue to switch to other smartphone ecosystems," wrote Walkley. "One final thing to consider as BlackBerry attempts to meet its cash flow break-even targets is that if it ramps BB7 subscribers to the Passport too quickly it accelerates the decline in their services revenue, so this is also part of BlackBerry's potentially limited supply for the Passport at launch."
    rarsen, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-14-14 11:18 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If blackberry truly was out to limit supply would they not have just raised the price of the Passport? Another clueless writer.... likely short seller motivated.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    10-14-14 11:45 PM
    Still holding... yeah very large position. Break even at $15...

Posted via CB10
    Ouch. I personally managed to average down to approximately 12.50 SOOO tempting to pick up some more but I think PSDV is a better deal for my limited funds right now......

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:56 PM
    If blackberry truly was out to limit supply would they not have just raised the price of the Passport? Another clueless writer.... likely short seller motivated.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't Walkley generally bearish on BlackBerry? This is probably the first time comments attributed to him seemed fair to me.

I doubt BlackBerry would've used price as a means of limiting supply because that would just give reviewers and analysts fodder to beat BlackBerry down, citing BlackBerry being out of touch with the reality that they aren't in the same league as Apple and Samsung. Look at the all the threads here on CB saying just that.
    10-15-14 12:45 AM
    This is the second time I've seen the worry of sell through being the revenue realization for BlackBerry. While this has been true for the last few quarters, I believe that the Passport is a different story. In the earnings call, Chen stated that they had PO's for the 200k sold. That indicates an outright buy, not simply an order. I believe Chen negotiated a buy right at channel levels for the Passport to get back to the norm as opposed to working on a consignment basis. Of course, this won't be confirmed until the next ER.
    10-15-14 05:01 AM
    Kind of OT, but Michael Wekerle the famous Bay street investor and Dragon's Den star is rocking the Passport.

"Wekerle pulls out of BlackBerry Passport — "love it, love it, love it" — and finds a picture of the Porsche that was taken one week before the fire
    ."

Investor buying up former BlackBerry buildings to welcome startups
    10-15-14 07:11 AM
    10-15-14 08:22 AM
    Looks to be another bloodbath out there today.

Painful to watch!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, georg4BB and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-15-14 08:25 AM

Painful to watch!

Posted via CB10
    Painful to bleed too!
    Corbu likes this.
    10-15-14 08:32 AM

Painful to watch!
    BBRY trading at 1.5X cash. Mr Market says all of BBRY (less cash) is worth $1.5 billion. I disagree and see a buying opportunity.
    jxnb, georg4BB, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    10-15-14 08:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I read this differently than you did.

I understand that BlackBerry, in trying to learn from it's mistakes in previous BB10 phone production, underestimated demand of the Passport. This came from Chen's promise to not repeat their previous mistakes and phones would now always be profitable (unlike the Z10 for example). This was not intentionally limiting supply - it was BlackBerry's best guess on how much supply would meet initial demand and they got it wrong - happily this time (again unlike the Z10).

The author is pointing out more seriously that because this is a phone that uses non-conventional parts, it may take a little longer than some to replenish the channel.

I don't think any of that is out of line - or "clueless". Does BlackBerry wish they had a phone for everyone who wanted one, you bet they do. But this situation is not caused by BlackBerry wanting to "limit supply", but rather gauging incorrectly what demand would be for the phone, and they are in good company. A lot of folks got that wrong.
    10-15-14 09:03 AM
105,499 ... 29172918291929202921 ...