View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nothing major and no need to read but one more pretty positive PP review. And again, from India... Could it be reviewers out there are a little less biaised than our friends from North America?

Verdict: As I said earlier, it is a big gamble from BlackBerry. But the Passport might just be a gamble that works. It is one of the most innovative phones in recent times and it packs loads of new features that are not gimmickery and adds to the functionality of the device. All this makes the BlackBerry Passport the closest you can get to a full fledged pocket computer, one that lets you leave the laptop at home if needed.
    Blackberry Passport: Packed with innovation and power - Financial Express
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    10-08-14 05:07 PM
    Why does this stock keep falling?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because they totally F'ed up this release too and can't even deliver products to customers. Another bungled product release courtesy of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:13 PM
    I have 1083 shares @ $8.11 on the tsx. Nice to watch it go to over 12 and see some paper profits only to see a big chunk evaporate so quickly. How stupid am I? Lots of you guys seem to know when to get in and out. What am I missing? Anyway, still holding, just frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    Must be nice. My break even is 12.50 +/- 2 cents.

Oh well. Holding long term anyway

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:14 PM
    Maybe because they totally F'ed up this release too and can't even deliver products to customers. Another bungled product release courtesy of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather see it this way than the z10 way...channel being filled in fits and starts, but it's the persistence of the demand that matters. I don't think Passport buyers are a fickle crowd, but they should try to jam as many out as possible before note 4 comes available. We need some new sales numbers to counteract the share price drop though...trying to get my fill before then.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:30 PM
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow. The line got tested and came back to form a doji candle (almost a dragonfly doji Dragonfly Doji Definition | Investopedia ) that often indicates a reversal of trends. With that candle, coupled with the RSI, Stochastics, and the level of support here, I think we should be ready to make our change of direction. With that said, I wouldn't expect any crazy action before the Dec ER unless there's some material news and I can't really see anything short of a surprise as Chen isn't really a fluffer.
    Corbu, W Hoa, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    10-08-14 05:34 PM
    You all do know that camera systems could be security cameras. That would be focused directly at enterprise customers. See your office remotely and securely from anywhere in the world.
    10-08-14 05:41 PM
    One more day of the stock market tanking and everything i own will be red.

Geesh.

And sadly, I almost sold atleast a few items several weeks ago. In particular ZINC. Arggghhhhh.

What sucks most is that I am heavy into oil and gas. luckily though, I'm about to fund my Roth IRA and I should be able to get some bargains.
    10-08-14 05:44 PM
    So they were overwhelmed with orders and don't know what they have and have not fulfilled? Great...

Pretty much...
    10-08-14 06:32 PM
    LoL. Not sure why people buying this square, two handed, non pocket able, head hole making failed blackberry passport.
    Blackberry must be lying about sold out. Or they may have produced 100 phones only. This company is dead.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-08-14 06:37 PM
    Anyone know if the convertible has any restrictions still or are they now free to convert above 10 at will?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:45 PM
    nice one!!! you forgot to add that people are crazy!!
    LoL. Not sure why people buying this square, two handed, non pocket able, head hole making failed blackberry passport.
    Blackberry must be lying about sold out. Or they may have produced 100 phones only. This company is dead.

10-08-14 06:47 PM
    this is definetly the most frustrating stock in my portfolio
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-08-14 06:54 PM
    So here I have been trying to buy passport since it's release and unable to find on amazon or shopbb.com for the regular price. I already work contract so I can not get new contract. The carriers will not sell unlocked device by itself.
    And then a telecom manager at work ordered 2 this morning and he got them delivered this afternoon for his testing and fun. He has been iphone user and promoted iOS devices big time at work. In,fact we went from 400 BBs to 20 now as all switched to iphones. His feedback about the passport "Wow. It's bit big, hard to find hostler but really like it. I am really impressed. Now batteries wont die because it's built in as other BBs batteries died after one year due to removable and contacts get dirty. I never heard good words about BB from him.

So it seems like Passport may do well than anyone of us thought. Even selling one million would generate half billion of revenue.
    10-08-14 07:44 PM
    BlackBerry should be taking pre-orders. Even if delivery is a month out. This HAS to be hurting sales by now. I understand that they likely are making profit on Passport by now, but that's not good enough. If want to build reputation and good sediment and ensure ppl realize BlackBerry is not dead we need this to be better managed.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, Not having one stock but not being able to order at all suck. BB should take money and deliver when stock arrives. How the the heck they are launching other markets when first launched market still waiting. In really, launched more than week ago but can not buy it yet
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-08-14 07:48 PM
    Agree, Not having one stock but not being able to order at all suck. BB should take money and deliver when stock arrives. How the the heck they are launching other markets when first launched market still waiting. In really, launched more than week ago but can not buy it yet
    I drove 240 km round trip to buy my first passport on September 28th. Was a Telus phone $699 CAD that they unlocked. Ordered my 2nd one from Shop Blackberry on Sep 24th $699 CAD, shipped on Sep 25th and in my sweaty little hands on September 29th.

Ordered two more from Shop Blackberry (using codes) on Oct 3rd and 4th (VIP). Haven't received them yet. Got email confirmation of both orders.

If I were Digital River/BlackBerry I would fill the full price orders before I filled any that were made in error, with a coupon that wasn't meant to work on phones only on accessories.

I will wait patiently for my last 2 orders. If they show up, great. If not, my 3 daughters get to fight over one Passport. LoL
    10-08-14 08:04 PM
    Will be receiving my Rogers Passport next monday
    10-08-14 09:43 PM
    I've been thinking recently that I hope they don't over produce the classic just because the passport exceeded expectations and overshoot the other way.

Not sure what the rest of you think, but I see the passport as an innovative device and the classic as a product to upgrade the existing bbos users to a new bb10 device.

Could still be a bigger seller than the passport, but I would expect the customer segments to be very different.

Here's to hoping they get both right in q4 and next year, create strong EPS growth and drive the stock price higher.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:36 PM
    I've been thinking recently that I hope they don't over produce the classic just because the passport exceeded expectations and overshoot the other way.

Not sure what the rest of you think, but I see the passport as an innovative device and the classic as a product to upgrade the existing bbos users to a new bb10 device.

Could still be a bigger seller than the passport, but I would expect the customer segments to be very different.

Here's to hoping they get both right in q4 and next year, create strong EPS growth and drive the stock price higher.

Posted via CB10
    Classic also will be popular with the government crowd. Managers can't justify the extra costs of passport when classic will be (hopefully) significantly cheaper. Wouldn't be fiscally responsible use of tax payers money.

As I predicted a couple weeks back. I still think passport will be a prestige device with company CEOs and execs while classic and z30 are for the minions. With gov, classic/Q10 and Z10 will likely be the only ones that get the OK..... just due to price point alone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-08-14 at 11:33 PM.
    Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    10-08-14 10:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. The Classic is the device to enable a smooth transition to the BB10 platform for the millions who still use legacy devices. That's important, but the Classic is not the innovative, "magic" device like the Passport. What Blackberry needs next is, in my opinion, a smaller version of the passport, optimized for one hand use. Blending the innovative Passport keyboard with a more handy formfactor and finally removing the belt.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    10-09-14 02:50 AM
    I agree with you. The Classic is the device to enable a smooth transition to the BB10 platform for the millions who still use legacy devices. That's important, but the Classic is not the innovative, "magic" device like the Passport. What Blackberry needs next is, in my opinion, a smaller version of the passport, optimized for one hand use. Blending the innovative Passport keyboard with a more handy formfactor and finally removing the belt.
    I agree that most keyboards to come should be 'touch', but what is the point of a mini Passport ? 'work not so wide?' a Q10 upgrade with touch keyboard will come, but the passport should be the size of a...passport.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Mr BBRY and Andy_bb_king like this.
    10-09-14 04:47 AM
    I agree that most keyboards to come should be 'touch', but what is the point of a mini Passport ? 'work not so wide?' a Q10 upgrade with touch keyboard will come, but the passport should be the size of a...passport.
    Posted via CB10
    I have described basically a Q10 with touch keyboard. Maybe with a slightly bigger screen. Of course this device would not be called Passport anymore...
    10-09-14 05:44 AM
    http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2014/...r-blackberrys/

jxnb, StormieTwo, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    10-09-14 05:47 AM
    Do you guys know how to turn off that "stats" box that comes up in the bottom left corner? The thing that shows stuff like cpu, memory,fps, etc? I turned it on by accident and can't remember how to turn it off.
    10-09-14 07:13 AM
    10-09-14 07:35 AM
113,256 ... 29092910291129122913 ...