View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Apple related

And with this all the isheep forget about ibend6+???

Apple iPad event expected Oct. 16 - Technology & Science - CBC News

Posted via CB10
    It's a larger iPad. Super Duper innovative.... lol
    10-03-14 06:31 PM
    OT: Google is releasing a bbm / whatsapp style chat app next year

APPY Geek

Sorry for all the OT posts but it IS after trading hours......

Posted via CB10
    I'm confused... they have Hangouts. Why launch another one?
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-14 06:32 PM
    This is an awesome find. I grabbed one too. Cancelling my order with rogers
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-14 06:39 PM
    Save $175 CAD using SHOPBBSAVE15 coupon on shopblackberry.ca or shopblackberry.com on USA site
    You rock!! I was away for a couple of days and came back to see your message while planning my purchase, DONE !!! Thanks!
    10-03-14 06:50 PM
    Save $175 CAD using SHOPBBSAVE15 coupon on shopblackberry.ca or shopblackberry.com on USA site
    Whhhattt!? :|

Posted via CB10
    pakcikkayo likes this.
    10-03-14 06:50 PM
    Whhhattt!? :|

Wow!!!
    Ordered one...Total with tax is $486.31

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    10-03-14 06:56 PM
    Uhm, holy crap, bunga, that was great, order complete, best price possible

How did you know about that?

Dive in fence sitters

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    I also PMd you about it. Check your inbox Spreading the word and the faith! LoL
    wojciechp likes this.
    10-03-14 06:59 PM
    I also PMd you about it. Check your inbox Spreading the word and the faith! LoL
    Tried ordering but it'd already out of stock

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    10-03-14 07:31 PM
    Frig.... it's out of stock again....
    This is the same as being 5 minutes late on a free app post, x $175

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 07:35 PM
    You rock!! I was away for a couple of days and came back to see your message while planning my purchase, DONE !!! Thanks!
    It was CJ that told me. All credit to him.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-03-14 07:40 PM
    Uhm, holy crap, bunga, that was great, order complete, best price possible

How did you know about that?

Dive in fence sitters

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-03-14 07:41 PM
    In all fairness, I got it from another thread on CB but thanks for mention Bunga... you crazy ******* you.
    10-03-14 07:52 PM
    This ought to be good for the stocks tomorrow. Two production runs sold out in ten days. Can we assume that, that is 400,000 units?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:53 PM
    This ought to be good for the stocks tomorrow. Two production runs sold out in ten days. Can we assume that, that is 400,000 units?

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind, that this may have only been their portion of the run. They can't take away what they've committed to the carriers and stores around the world that they need to get product to. This could also be them saying "****... who applied this code? Take it down now, stop sales, and fix it before allowing any more orders".
    morganplus8, Corbu and CDM76 like this.
    10-03-14 07:55 PM
    Thanks CJ and Bunga. I ordered one too. Gonna send you a thanks card

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    10-03-14 07:59 PM
    OT: The height of sleeze!

Marriott to pay $600,000 fine for blocking customers’ WiFi

Marriott to pay $600,000 fine for blocking customers? WiFi - The Globe and Mail

Marriott International Inc. was fined $600,000 (U.S.) by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for blocking hotel customers from connecting to the Internet on personal WiFi networks in order to force them to pay for the hotel’s networks.

Marriott employees blocked mobile “hot spots” at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn., while at the same time charging consumers, small businesses and exhibitors as much as $1,000 per device to access Marriott’s WiFi network, the FCC said in a statement today.

“Consumers who purchase cellular data plans should be able to use them without fear that their personal Internet connection will be blocked by their hotel or conference center,” FCC Enforcement Bureau Chief Travis LeBlanc said in the statement.

Under a consent decree with the FCC, Marriott must stop using WiFi blocking technology and file compliance and usage reports every three months for three years, the FCC said. Bethesda, Maryland-based Marriott, the world’s second-largest publicly traded hotel chain, also will pay a civil penalty of $600,000.

In some cases, Marriott employees at the hotel’s conference center used technology to disrupt customer WiFi transmissions and block Internet access. Marriott charged conference exhibitors and other attendees $250 to $1,000 per device to use the Gaylord WiFi service in the conference facilities.

Marriott Response Marriott says it did nothing wrong and it’s the FCC’s policies that need changing.

“Marriott has a strong interest in ensuring that when our guests use our WiFi service, they will be protected from rogue wireless hotspots that can cause degraded service, insidious cyber-attacks and identity theft,” Jeff Flaherty, a company spokesman, said in an e-mailed statement.

The Gaylord Opryland protected its WiFi network by “using FCC-authorized equipment provided by well-known, reputable manufacturers,” he said. “We believe that the Opryland’s actions were lawful. We will continue to encourage the FCC to pursue a rulemaking in order to eliminate the ongoing confusion resulting from today’s action and to assess the merits of its underlying policy.”
    10-03-14 08:03 PM
    I'm confused... they have Hangouts. Why launch another one?
    This is going to be cross platform and not require Google Play to run it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:05 PM
    OT: The height of sleeze!

Marriott to pay $600,000 fine for blocking customers� WiFi
    They should be forced to refund everyone who paid for wifi in past couple years!!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-03-14 09:15 PM
    NOOOO!!!! I wonder should I return my passport and use the code instead...but then I'd have to wait for stock again might not be worth it. Can't imagine without it already!! The phone is literally a eye catcher, i've been asked time and time again while i'm just standing in a store and people come up and ask "what phone is that" or "omg is that the passport?!"

Quick story, I went into my local rogers just to see if they had a screen protector and when they asked for what phone i said the passport. The reps were shocked I had one already and wasn't even sure if its been released already. Short story i went home to grab it because the guys wanted to really check it out adn when I came back I showed them most of the features and let them play with it while I explained things to them. In the end the guys asked if I worked for blackberry sales because I changed one perception of the reps because he disliked BB a lot and the other guy seemed like he really want one now. Wasn't my intention to sell them the phone but It was my intention to change their perception of the brand which I would like to say from their expressions, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Only if Rogers actually supported the brand too
    sidhuk, Corbu, CDM76 and 13 others like this.
    10-03-14 09:41 PM
    10-03-14 09:55 PM
    What's your sales pitch? I always blank when showing off my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:56 PM
    The discount code for passport might be an error. It is used for accessory. I don't expect they will honor it.

NOOOO!!!! I wonder should I return my passport and use the code instead...but then I'd have to wait for stock again might not be worth it. Can't imagine without it already!! The phone is literally a eye catcher, i've been asked time and time again while i'm just standing in a store and people come up and ask "what phone is that" or "omg is that the passport?!"

Quick story, I went into my local rogers just to see if they had a screen protector and when they asked for what phone i said the passport. The reps were shocked I had one already and wasn't even sure if its been released already. Short story i went home to grab it because the guys wanted to really check it out adn when I came back I showed them most of the features and let them play with it while I explained things to them. In the end the guys asked if I worked for blackberry sales because I changed one perception of the reps because he disliked BB a lot and the other guy seemed like he really want one now. Wasn't my intention to sell them the phone but It was my intention to change their perception of the brand which I would like to say from their expressions, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Only if Rogers actually supported the brand too

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:09 PM
    Don't even need a sales pitch honestly, put the phone in their hands let them play with it and you can explain the features of the new BB10. I would say 80% of the people i've shown has been blown away by the touch keyboard which really is a main selling feature. I'm still amazed by it myself lol. Z30 is still an amazing phone but like everyone knows, people think its an android but with the passport its unique enough for people to take time out of their day to ask questions. It's a lot easier getting my friends and family interested in the passport then my z30

What's your sales pitch? I always blank when showing off my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, morganplus8, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    10-03-14 11:12 PM
    Hahahahaha. No way.
    http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/watc...t-apple-store/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-04-14 12:03 AM
    Guys, I just ordered 2 VIP passports from ShopBlackBerry.ca with coupon code. It is still available. There is a trick to get it. You have to search VIP fro the search box and then buy and apply code from there. It is still available. It is a gift from JC I believe for us BlackBerry die hards.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:53 AM
113,256 ... 28962897289828992900 ...