Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Even with all the upgrades we are still going down
    09-30-14 12:59 PM
    The fact is, that if we placed a different piece of fruit on the back of the Passport, the media, Wall St and tech sites would declare it the second coming of Chr1st and so far ahead and forward thinking that no one will ever touch it's brilliance. The treatment of BlackBerry and their products is such a shame and so shortsighted. I am not an Apple basher in any way - I've used an iPhone and decided to come back to my BlackBerry because I liked it better - I also love my iPads (I have 2)...but there's too much influence and power coming from the Apple corner - so many people/investors/corporations have too much at stake in Apple, it can't be allowed to do any wrong. Look at the headlines recently for APPL - if they were BlackBerry headlines, the stock would be at $5...AAPL? - it's gone up...there is something frightening about this behaviour folks. Be strong - longs will be rewarded - and keep on enjoying the wonderful Passport...it really is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, CDM76, rarsen and 12 others like this.
    09-30-14 01:05 PM
    09-30-14 01:07 PM
    Speaking of the White P2.

Sold out here, in UAE:
    http://crazydeals.ae/product/blackbe...3g-white/13665
    09-30-14 01:16 PM
    Nice!
    Speaking of the White P2.

Sold out here, in UAE:
    http://crazydeals.ae/product/blackbe...3g-white/13665
    09-30-14 01:28 PM
    What is happening to the sp today?
    Good question. Waiting for the experts to pipe up

Posted via CB10
    not an expert but I'll throw this up for everybody.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-chart-oct14.png
    Quick observations are:
    The RSI has trended down since the last time we hit 11, there was a little uptick at the end of last week but its continued to head for oversold.
    We are oscillating around the 50dma.
    200dma is up to 9.03 and climbing.
    Markets are down overall for the past few days. With all the news out there, the ER from BB, the Comedy of errors that is iOS8 and the upcoming Android phones the market seems to be suffering from the paradox of choice.
    09-30-14 02:05 PM
    Slightly OT,

What is supposed to be different with the Classic, when compared to the Q10 and Q5?

I am asking because a lot of hope is put on the launch of the Classic, and I was wondering why it would be any different than what the Q10 offered ? If they are somehow similar, why would people run to buy it?

Chen has repeatedly talked about the launch of the Classic in the last few months or so, so I am trying to get a better grasp on what the Classic brings that is new?

For the passport, the specs talk for themselves. Not so evident with the classic...

Your thoughts ?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:06 PM
    Good question. Waiting for the experts to pipe up

Posted via CB10
    The stock is sitting on its 50-dma and will remain there until the general market turns higher. When a stock tests its 50-dma, it is the MM's that take the stock price down, intraday, to levels just below support hunting for stop losses and renewed TA selling, when all of that dries up, and there is no follow through to support the new trend, they buy it back up, in other words they cover their daily short position. So .... what we are seeing with many stocks today, not just BBRY, is this pattern of taking a stock down, testing stops, waiting all day to see if there is enough bearishness to change the trend, and then covering when there isn't. It's a great buying op for us who understand that the stock is trading here, not the company.

Take for instance, PSDV, they reported on Friday night that their drug got FDA approval to sell in the US, complete and without restrictions. This is huge news, the stock traded up a buck in AH and over in Australia, but, when it opened here, it closed up a $ .01/shr yesterday. You can name countless stocks that have every right to be much higher and yet they actually show negative trending. BBRY is no different, this is why I rarely buy options, its a fouls game to think the market won't hold back a good trade, we see this every day. Getting back to the PSDV trade, it is up today because someone who controlled the rally yesterday is accumulating the stock today. When all the ducks are in a row, your stock will go much higher. I see this for BBRY by the end of this year. Wait until everyone is ready and don't sell your shares in a market like this one. This stock will hug the 50-dma until everyone is onboard.
    09-30-14 02:12 PM
    09-30-14 02:16 PM
    And another Passport review done by a reviewer sporting blinkers:
    BlackBerry Passport Review: Diary Of A Silicon Suit

We should fill the comments up to set him straight, as some seem to have done.

Man, how strong must one be to swim against the current...
    09-30-14 02:21 PM
    Well done!
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-30-14 02:22 PM
    BlackBerry Named A Leader In Enterprise Mobile Management
    BlackBerry achieves the highest score in the "Strategy" category

News Sources - The Globe and Mail

PRESS RELEASE FROM MARKETWIRE

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BlackBerry Named a Leader in Enterprise Mobile Management
    14:11 EDT Tuesday, September 30, 2014
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 30, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced that it has been named a "Leader" in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014.1

Forrester Research, Inc. evaluated BlackBerry along with 14 other of the most significant mobile device management vendors. BlackBerry earned the highest score in Strategy as well as Global Presence, and tied for the top ranking in Market Presence, which considers revenue, install base and partners. In addition, BlackBerry received the highest possible score in 12 of the 27 criteria measured by Forrester, including Network Security, Future Vision, and Support.

According to Forrester Research, "As other vendors have rushed to offer competitive alternatives to BlackBerry's platform, the company has had to reinvent itself around the characteristics that made it a Leader previously - and its strong commitment to enterprise mobility and security has paid off."

"Security is our cornerstone and BlackBerry remains laser focused on developing and delivering the solutions enterprises around the globe have come to expect from us," said John Sims, President, Global Enterprise Services, BlackBerry. "Our mobility solutions are in government agencies and enterprises around the world because customers trust the experience we've built over the decades. With current and future BlackBerry offerings, we will leverage our experience in security to create solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers, from cross-platform support for BYOD programs to the management of Internet of Things."

Forrester Research also noted in the report, "Continued investments in collaboration applications and a strong vision that incorporates a strategy for Internet of Things management and automotive support have placed BlackBerry in a Leader position."

Today BlackBerry is the dominant mobile device management (MDM) leader with more customers than its top three competitors combined. Since the EZ Pass migration program launched on March 31, 2014, 3.4 million new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) client access licenses have been claimed by customers worldwide. More than 840,000 of these licenses have been traded in from competitors' MDM platforms.

To achieve this position and increase the value that BlackBerry brings to customers, the company continues to make investments and expand beyond MDM capabilities into other value-added services. Recent highlights of this strategy include:

The acquisition of Movirtu, a provider of virtual identity solutions. Movirtu's technology allows multiple numbers to be active on a single device in order to improve device management and provide split billing for voice, messaging, data and applications.

The launch of BBM Protected, the first solution in the eBBM™ Suite for secure enterprise-class messaging. This service brings regulated industries the most secure and reliable real-time mobile messaging experience in the industry by offering an enhanced security model for BBM messages sent between BlackBerry smartphones.

The establishment of the BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS) business unit. This group comprises of the company's innovative technology assets, including QNX (embedded software), Project Ion (Internet of Things application platform), Certicom (cryptography applications), and Paratek (RF antenna tuning), as well as BlackBerry's extensive patent portfolio. BTS will focus on the company's long-term growth strategy on the Internet of Things and will maximize BlackBerry's intellectual property and patents to create operational synergies and new revenue streams.

1 Forrester Research, Inc. " The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014, " by Christian Kane and Tyler Shields, September 30, 2014.
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 9 others like this.
    09-30-14 02:29 PM
    OT: And yet another IOS 8 bug (maybe)......if true this would be a stinger...
    New iOS 8 bug can delete all of your iCloud documents - The Times of India
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-30-14 02:32 PM
    Yesterday's news:
    UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades BlackBerry Ltd | Benzinga

Simply posted so we may one day remind Credit Suisse (whose analyst did not attend last week's EC, btw) of their cleverness.

Credit Suisse downgraded BlackBerry Ltd to Underperform with a 12-month target price of $6.

Analysts led by Kulbinder Garcha noted in a report that SG&A expenses have declined and units of smartphones have increased. Despite these improvements Blackberry’s ability to ramp up services and improve operations remains in doubt.

Blackberry’s difficulty in the face of the Apple Inc.'s iPhone and Google Inc.'s Android software has been observed for years. The Credit Suisse forecast did not report any clear path for BlackBerry to achieve long-term growth in the face of its competition.

The report concludes that revenue from services will continue to decline, hardware profits may be unsustainable and it may be more advantageous to break-up the company than attempt a turnaround.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    09-30-14 02:36 PM

News Sources - The Globe and Mail

PRESS RELEASE FROM MARKETWIRE

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BlackBerry Named a Leader in Enterprise Mobile Management
    14:11 EDT Tuesday, September 30, 2014
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 30, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced that it has been named a "Leader" in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014.1

Forrester Research, Inc. evaluated BlackBerry along with 14 other of the most significant mobile device management vendors. BlackBerry earned the highest score in Strategy as well as Global Presence, and tied for the top ranking in Market Presence, which considers revenue, install base and partners. In addition, BlackBerry received the highest possible score in 12 of the 27 criteria measured by Forrester, including Network Security, Future Vision, and Support.

According to Forrester Research, "As other vendors have rushed to offer competitive alternatives to BlackBerry's platform, the company has had to reinvent itself around the characteristics that made it a Leader previously - and its strong commitment to enterprise mobility and security has paid off."

"Security is our cornerstone and BlackBerry remains laser focused on developing and delivering the solutions enterprises around the globe have come to expect from us," said John Sims, President, Global Enterprise Services, BlackBerry. "Our mobility solutions are in government agencies and enterprises around the world because customers trust the experience we've built over the decades. With current and future BlackBerry offerings, we will leverage our experience in security to create solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers, from cross-platform support for BYOD programs to the management of Internet of Things."

Forrester Research also noted in the report, "Continued investments in collaboration applications and a strong vision that incorporates a strategy for Internet of Things management and automotive support have placed BlackBerry in a Leader position."

Today BlackBerry is the dominant mobile device management (MDM) leader with more customers than its top three competitors combined. Since the EZ Pass migration program launched on March 31, 2014, 3.4 million new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) client access licenses have been claimed by customers worldwide. More than 840,000 of these licenses have been traded in from competitors' MDM platforms.

To achieve this position and increase the value that BlackBerry brings to customers, the company continues to make investments and expand beyond MDM capabilities into other value-added services. Recent highlights of this strategy include:

The acquisition of Movirtu, a provider of virtual identity solutions. Movirtu's technology allows multiple numbers to be active on a single device in order to improve device management and provide split billing for voice, messaging, data and applications.

The launch of BBM Protected, the first solution in the eBBM™ Suite for secure enterprise-class messaging. This service brings regulated industries the most secure and reliable real-time mobile messaging experience in the industry by offering an enhanced security model for BBM messages sent between BlackBerry smartphones.

The establishment of the BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS) business unit. This group comprises of the company's innovative technology assets, including QNX (embedded software), Project Ion (Internet of Things application platform), Certicom (cryptography applications), and Paratek (RF antenna tuning), as well as BlackBerry's extensive patent portfolio. BTS will focus on the company's long-term growth strategy on the Internet of Things and will maximize BlackBerry's intellectual property and patents to create operational synergies and new revenue streams.

1 Forrester Research, Inc. " The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014, " by Christian Kane and Tyler Shields, September 30, 2014.
    but..but....their ecosystem is collapsing...how could this be...
    09-30-14 02:36 PM
    I didn't read it for a long time, but now - today - three times in a row at different sources: "...it may be more advantageous to break-up the company..."
    UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades BlackBerry Ltd
    The shorts a in great shape today.
    09-30-14 02:47 PM
    I trust you Morgan8, because you always seem to be right.

...but I'll tell you, it's tough. I saw only one negative on the ER (revenues), which was explained by Chen to be corrected in the next few quarters. The Passport has shown itself to be a pleasant surprise. And now another award for the collection. Yet the market still believes the analysts with agendas over all the evidence that we in this forum understand.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    09-30-14 02:54 PM
    At the first sign of revenues going up, we will have TSLA part 2

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:59 PM
    but..but....their ecosystem is collapsing...how could this be...
    Brilliant!
    09-30-14 03:00 PM
    OT:
    Wait! We finally have a rational explanation for the i6 bending...

Uri Geller Claims iPhone 6 Bending Caused By Massive Mind Power

“There are two possible explanations,” Geller told MarketWatch. “Either the phone is so seriously thin and flimsy that it is bendable with mere physical force, which I cannot believe given the extensive tests Apple would have done. Or -- and this is far more plausible -- somehow the energy and excitement of the 10 million people who purchased iPhones has awakened their mind powers and caused the phones to bend.”
    Tim Cook must be feeling better already.
    09-30-14 03:06 PM
    Haha uri geller's explanation.

What about the excitement from the 9 million iPhone 5 orders? None of them bent.

Or is 10 million the threshold?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-30-14 03:46 PM
    I trust you Morgan8, because you always seem to be right.

...but I'll tell you, it's tough. I saw only one negative on the ER (revenues), which was explained by Chen to be corrected in the next few quarters. The Passport has shown itself to be a pleasant surprise. And now another award for the collection. Yet the market still believes the analysts with agendas over all the evidence that we in this forum understand.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that support, I wouldn't try to persuade anyone to stay into/hold an investment that doesn't make sense. BBRY is one of many who are traded now, news is an after thought, at some point news will become important again. Take my PDSV example, they went from $ 18 MM in cash, to $ 43 MM over the weekend, that's a $ 1.48/shr in cash, no debt, a Phase-III drug that is being fast tracked by the FDA using the same Phase-III data from the drug they just approved and the stock went up a penny! This company will likely earn $ 50 MM in 2015 and their pipeline cost is $ 17 MM meaning that they will be profitable. They have a third Phase-III drug on the go now, so where is the honest market that rewards success?

There are many such examples today, we are focused so much on BBRY that we forget that there are literally 100's of these stories where the stock is held back by big money. The difference with BBRY is that the media are part of the problem, complete lies and distortions are making BB a difficult trade. AAPL is driven by "near money" that is not individual investors but Funds who are playing the "everyone into the APPLE pool now" and at some point, this will end. So watch the 50-dma currently at $ 10.08 and see which side of it we close on today and whether it can bounce above it tomorrow only to fall below it again and again. Sad reality the markets are. This is where you do a ton of reading, ask a ton of questions about the investment and ignore the price of the stock. GL
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 18 others like this.
    09-30-14 03:46 PM
    Hmm. Tech insider is now questioning the validity of the Amazon Passport reviews! Any other angles for attacking BlackBerry?

http://www.techinsider.net/are-black...l/1117706.html

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport listing on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website will be surely getting a lot of hits, especially after the company boasted on its official website about the wonderful reviews it has received. It might be not known to many, but in the BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been accused of getting fake ?five star? reviews posted for its products. Which makes one think, if the reviews for BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)?s Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website are real?

First of all the stats, at the time of writing this, there were 46 reviews for Passport on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)?s website. Out of the 46 reviewers who published their review on the website, 40 have given the phone five stars, 4 reviewers have given it a 4 star, 1 reviewer 3 star and 1 reviewer 2 star. None of the reviewer has given the phone 1 star, which is quite a feat for a consumer electronic product that too one that comes with a radical, unconventional design.

One remarkable thing to note among the reviews is that, even the supposedly ?critical? reviews haven?t been critical of the Passport), but instead are critical of the fact that some US carriers are not supporting the Passport.

?This won?t work on Verizon wireless? What the heck are those guys thinking? I was waiting to buy one but no way?so much for my hoping that BB won?t make some dunderhead decision.,? reviewer KonaTom, who gave the phone 3 stars, wrote in his review published on September 27.

?Great phone/specs. Kudos! Att, t-mobile service (only)??? Beyond terrible idea = fail,? Reviewer Jack b, who gave the phone 2 stars, wrote in his review published on September 25.

In no way are we saying that the reviews are fake, but we are only questioning whether to take them seriously or not. When BBM was launched last year on the Android platform, some people complained that most reviews were spam and identical, they even demonstrated it with proof, as can be seen in this article. If Passport is really as awesome as some reviewers are proclaiming, saying they found it better after using the iPhone 6, shouldn?t the sales for Passport skyrocket and those for iPhone 6 crash?

As of June 30, 2014, Prem Watsa?s Fairfax Financial Holding owns over 46 million shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) and Ken Fisher?s Fisher Asset Management owns over 2.4 million shares
    ofAmazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
    09-30-14 04:44 PM
    Sorry for all the HTML codes. Guess CB10 doesn't strip them out. How do you copy/paste HTML code free? I tried the Remember App but that has embedded HTML codes as well.
    09-30-14 04:46 PM
    Slightly OT,

What is supposed to be different with the Classic, when compared to the Q10 and Q5?

I am asking because a lot of hope is put on the launch of the Classic, and I was wondering why it would be any different than what the Q10 offered ? If they are somehow similar, why would people run to buy it?

Chen has repeatedly talked about the launch of the Classic in the last few months or so, so I am trying to get a better grasp on what the Classic brings that is new?

For the passport, the specs talk for themselves. Not so evident with the classic...

Your thoughts ?

Posted via CB10
    The classic has got the tool belt ;-) Chen is trying to make the last BBOS7 users (enterprise mostly) migrate to BB10. And the classic is the answer. A phone that looks extacly like an old BlackBerry but with a bigger screen,"new OS", and medium specs (still the OS,the dual core and the 2GB of ram are capable of doing everything now a day someone would do on a smarthpone).
    09-30-14 04:50 PM
107,439 ... 28872888288928902891 ...