• Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    A MUST READ on BerryFlow from Jubei Raziel:
    The BlackBerry Passport Versus The Media

. . .
    THIS!

"The powers that be (I’m talking to you, marketing gurus) have done a superb job of dumbing us down through corporate branding and brilliant marketing campaigns. Most consumers believe that we need things, like status quo phones, to make us happy, accepted by society, and to live purposeful lives."
    rarsen, Corbu, StormieTwo and 5 others like this.
    09-30-14 07:58 AM
    THIS!

"The powers that be (I’m talking to you, marketing gurus) have done a superb job of dumbing us down through corporate branding and brilliant marketing campaigns. Most consumers believe that we need things, like status quo phones, to make us happy, accepted by society, and to live purposeful lives."
    Jubei Raziel

"It’s grotesque to see some of the reviews regarding BlackBerry and their products and services published on the Internet. Blogging has become graffiti with punctuation and many of these so-called writers shouldn’t be allowed near a keyboard, let alone reviewing anything. It’s all become about link baiting and shock value. We live in the, “Oh no she didn’t!” culture and it’s disgusting. I truly feel for the BlackBerry community. We endure an incredible amount of criticism and immaturity from the larger mobile community for no logical reason."
    09-30-14 08:14 AM
    OT from the Related technologies and Security files. Always of interest following what is going on in China and India as between them they have over 36% of the world's population: India is expected to surpass China by 2025.

After China quizzes Apple on backdoors, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus go on sale | ZDNet
    The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are set to go on sale next month, arriving amid waning demand for the device from Chinese scalpers. Following scrutiny of the two devices' security, Apple has finally gained regulatory approval from China's Ministry for Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) to sell the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to Chinese consumers. The publication found an electronics market in Beijing selling the 16GB iPhone 6 and and 6 Plus for 6500 RMB to 8,800 RMB, down from 12,000 RMB to 15,000 RMB shortly after they were released.
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-30-14 at 08:31 AM.
    09-30-14 08:18 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport Versus The Media
    This is a tremendous article... Very well written
    09-30-14 08:31 AM

To make a comment: The Passport is extremely important. Not only for creating margins (maybe too), but for being a catalyst to change public perception. Even people who dislike the phone need to admit, that it is innovative, has a great build quality and top specs. If BlackBerry sells, lets say 1 million devices in the next months, every single device will create attention to lets say at least 10-20 people in the wild and the owner will tell the story. So soon tens of millions more people will not believe anymore, when the media repeats that BB is dead or vintage stuff. This will change perception by time.
    That's it in a nutshell, the Passport is visibly different from all smartphones on the market today. The masses look at a Z10 or Z30 and see an iPhone or Android and don't take a second look. They see a Q10 or Q5 and think BBOS. Their pre-conceived notions of what the phones can do stops them from taking a objective look. The Passport doesn't have to sell in huge volume it just needs to make a hole in the wall of ignorance the other OSs have built while Blackberry struggled. The Passport is the vanguard for the Classic. It is the weapon for prying open the eyes of the CIOs and making them realize the BB10 is the best OS for their business. The more damage the Passport does to that wall of ignorance, the bigger the hole will be for platoons of Classics to march onto the battlefield. Blackberries wearing the hardened armor of their legendary security and the moral high ground of integrity. Two concepts that seem to be missing from the competition.
    09-30-14 08:34 AM
    "Apple earlier this month was hiring a head of law enforcement in Beijing to deal with user data requests from China’s government, after it last month began storing private data on Chinese soil for the first time."

If that doesn't give you a warm, wet comfy feeling . . . I don't know what will. LoL
    rarsen, jxnb, StormieTwo and 5 others like this.
    09-30-14 08:37 AM
    The Passport featured as The Times' "Gadget of the week":
    Lifestore: must-have gadgets and must-go places | The Times

Locked content.

Extract:
    It’s been a long time since a phone company has turned heads with a truly different phone. Step forward the Passport — a square beast of a handset designed to win back BlackBerry diehards who have defected to the iPhone or Galaxy. The Passport is huge, with a much larger square screen designed for displaying graphs or spreadsheets, and its physical keyboard is, let’s face it, much easier to use than a touchscreen. Blend…
    09-30-14 08:50 AM
    Excellent brief walkthrough of the P2:

Props to bbin: [VIDEO] Walkthrough of the new BlackBerry Passport - BBin
    09-30-14 08:52 AM
    THIS!

I just opened this thread, that goes along with that quote...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10908942
    09-30-14 09:02 AM
    Jubei Raziel

"Its grotesque to see some of the reviews regarding BlackBerry and their products and services published on the Internet. Blogging has become graffiti with punctuation and many of these so-called writers shouldnt be allowed near a keyboard, let alone reviewing anything. Its all become about link baiting and shock value. We live in the, Oh no she didnt! culture and its disgusting. I truly feel for the BlackBerry community. We endure an incredible amount of criticism and immaturity from the larger mobile community for no logical reason."
    Trending on CrackBerry. (A fan site for BlackBerry supporters) SAD!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-trending.jpg
    09-30-14 09:24 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trending.JPG 
Views:	1850 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	301814

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-fanboys.jpg
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-30-14 09:39 AM

Ridiculous... but it's probably people bashing the OP lol

I can say, that everyone I've shown my passport to have not been underwhelmed. Everyone knows it as the "new blackberry" and say "Woah, it's huge" and usually end up loving the touch keyboard when I let them try it.

This device is following in the footprints of the pearl. No one sees any ads, everything is word of mouth. That's exactly what they need!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:06 AM
    Ridiculous... but it's probably people bashing the OP lol

I can say, that everyone I've shown my passport to have not been underwhelmed. Everyone knows it as the "new blackberry" and say "Woah, it's huge" and usually end up loving the touch keyboard when I let them try it.

This device is following in the footprints of the pearl. No one sees any ads, everything is word of mouth. That's exactly what they need!

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Ppl just falling for trolls tricks. Pretty bad

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-30-14 10:39 AM
    What is happening to the sp today?
    09-30-14 10:43 AM
    Reviews of the Passport are starting to show up on Amazon, and I must say they are stellar!
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pas...UvbUpU10909395
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    09-30-14 10:45 AM
    Good question. Waiting for the experts to pipe up

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:46 AM
    That's life. You know what people say: BlackBerry is bleeding and the end is near.
    BlackBerry's Collapsing Ecosystem - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    bizzarothor and georg4BB like this.
    09-30-14 10:50 AM
    That's life. You know what people say: BlackBerry is bleeding...[/url]
    It should have read: BlackBerry is Blending !

What a difference a simple N can make

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    09-30-14 11:02 AM
    It all makes sense. BlackBerry has a decent ER and better than expected launch of the Passport. Sp goes down. AAPL looks like it will be on the hook to the EU for around $1 billion and the sp goes up. Completely logical. :|

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:06 AM
    FWIW:
    Nomura raised BBRY to $10.60 yesterday.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/BlackBerry+(BBRY)+PT+Raised+to+$10.60+at+Nomura+Se curities%3B+Showing+Healthy+Signs+of+Recovery/9866943.html
    09-30-14 11:08 AM
    Reviews of the Passport are starting to show up on Amazon, and I must say they are stellar!
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pas...UvbUpU10909513
    While looking for it on Amazon, I could only find the $899 ones. Then I noticed this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140930_121356.png

BlackBerry themselves are selling them for $899. Good sign, but a little greedy no?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-30-14 11:16 AM

should start a thread that IF crack berry is purposely attacked by Trams? if i use the word TR () LS i will get banned.
    strange thing is that the second thread from the top has only 5 posts in last 4.5 hours and it is still trending top list? go figure that out.
    09-30-14 11:18 AM
    That's life. You know what people say: BlackBerry is bleeding and the end is near.
    BlackBerry's Collapsing Ecosystem - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    here is the best answer to this.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-22.png
    rarsen, bungaboy, georg4BB and 6 others like this.
    09-30-14 11:25 AM
    should start a thread that IF crack berry is purposely attacked by Trams? if i use the word TR () LS i will get banned.
    strange thing is that the second thread from the top has only 5 posts in last 4.5 hours and it is still trending top list? go figure that out.
    The Jerry Springer of "Clicks for Cash"!
    09-30-14 11:27 AM
    I have no problem with sceptical articles, but this is pure disinformation.
    So many dumb and shameless BlackBerry bashing articles are popping up today. It's hard not to believe, that this is controlled.
    09-30-14 11:45 AM
106,774 ... 28862887288828892890 ...