413 37.34%
    OT

Attachment 301324

Geez... not sure I want a Passport now.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/9718623/...-profit-hopes/

Posted via CB10
    That would take wall hugging to a new level! LOL

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, bungaboy, Korepab and 2 others like this.
    09-28-14 05:28 PM
    Nice read on Blend:
    http://jdem.cz/bqrgd8

Eazzy Peazzy
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 09-28-14 at 08:55 PM.
    09-28-14 08:04 PM
    OT

Attachment 301324

Geez... not sure I want a Passport now.

http://www.techienews.co.uk/9718623/...-profit-hopes/

Posted via CB10
    Is that Imperial or standard minutes?

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-28-14 08:05 PM
    Lol. Hahahahahaha
    Security my arc..........
    http://gizmodo.com/ios-8-security-fl...full+(Gizmodo)

The Passport. The Smart Phone
    Last edited by sidhuk; 09-28-14 at 08:31 PM.
    09-28-14 08:09 PM
    Actually no IBM is huge. They are in enterprise that's why the everyday consumer knows pretty much nothing about them today. IBM is a global leader in enterprise and has a huge workforce. IBM is far from not being relevant. This is why the Apple IBM partnership made such an effect on BBRY's stock. IBM is basically the Apple in enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    09-28-14 09:27 PM
    Trying to get IBM and Apple to work together will be very challenging. Culturally they are very different companies. I have worked with IBM and know first hand. This agreement was more of a PR exercise than anything else. Street cred if you will for enterprise customers. In reality it changes nothing.

Posted with my fabulous Passport
    09-28-14 09:38 PM
    Actually no IBM is huge. They are in enterprise that's why the everyday consumer knows pretty much nothing about them today. IBM is a global leader in enterprise and has a huge workforce. IBM is far from not being relevant. This is why the Apple IBM partnership made such an effect on BBRY's stock. IBM is basically the Apple in enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    What does IBM do?

09-28-14 09:50 PM
    http://m.thespec.com/news-story/4884...350-engineers/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    09-28-14 10:07 PM
    A fairly nasty conclusion in this piece written by ex-Apple executive Jean-Louis Gasse...

We?re arriving at the endgame for BlackBerry ? Quartz

I really hope that JC manages turn this thing around 1) for all of us longs to be able to celebrate one day and 2) to put people such as Jean-Louis Gasse in their proper place by succeeding where they once, perhaps, failed.

If Canadians love a great comeback, not everyone does or wants one, obviously...

And a good week to everyone.
    09-28-14 10:18 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Anyone know the break even point for number of passports needing to be sold?... i think they are way ahead of plan... i believe they will sell one million Passports within the first two weeks....

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:39 PM
    Anyone know the break even point for number of passports needing to be sold?... i think they are way ahead of plan... i believe they will sell one million Passports within the first two weeks....

Posted via CB10
    IMO not possible with carriers. They are promoting iphones and samsung. Million in a quarter may be. Just don't wanna have my hopes too high. I wish I am wrong.

09-28-14 10:45 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sold 200,000 in few hours of launch... with another 200,000 backlogged, according to blackberry ceo... if they can crank up the Passport production... they will blow by 800,000 sold in the first two weeks...imo

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:50 PM
    Not really weird to me.
    It is just that Jobs has left the estate to the less-able.

Sort of like the Billionaire leaving the estate and business decisions to the incompetent nephew.

Strange fact: Apple almost went belly-up the first time that Jobs left.

So, what was the IQ of the fella that invented the test.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-14 11:00 PM

More than mine.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-28-14 11:07 PM
    So im pretty disappointed. Finally got the money to buy a z30 but it doesnt support the lte band I need. Sad day

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Whaaaaaaat? Where the heck are you?

I would contact BlackBerry directly. They may have a phone that is relative to your area, because I think they sell the Z30 worldwide.

CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-28-14 11:08 PM
    What does IBM do?

Primarily a think tank and software solutions company.

http://www.ibm.com/ibm/us/en/

Top left click on Industries & Solutions to get an idea of what they do.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-28-14 11:49 PM
    Hello

It's a little bit of topic, but first I want let you know that it is almost impossible to get a unlocked Passport in Germany! There had been some on Amazon from a third party seller for 800!!! Euros and they where gone within hours!

I ordered mine on Amazon (Germany) but it's not even available and no shipping date is stated. Does anyone here might know when they will get it? I really want it know! ;-)

But I am a little bit worried. The demand for the Passport is (relative for BlackBerry devices) extremely high. But somehow BlackBerry manages to offset their customers here again... How can they launch it in Germany, if they have got only a few thousands over here on stock?! :-(
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:23 AM
    What does IBM do?

Simply looking up their website tells you. Like I said the everyday consumer which I am guessing would be you. Wouldn't know much about them as they deal with enterprise not with the everyday consumer. They offer business solutions. They manufacture and market mainframes like I said they're a global leader in enterprise. They have a huge database on all the customers they work with. Ever hear of Watson?? And how they want to use Watson to help business improve. They are a true gold mine in data. You can try and attack IBM all you want as if they're not relevant but you'd be dead wrong. Now I'm not saying I love IBM. However you can't deny facts of just how big and important IBM is in enterprise. There's a reason why they're over a $180B company. To say IBM isn't huge would be an ignorant remark to make. Shows how little the everyday person knows about the difference between an enterprise company ( what John Chen wants BBRY to be) and a typical everyday consumer company.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:28 AM
    Oh and if you were really asking cause you didn't know about IBM I'm sorry. Was ignorant of me to automatically take the comment as if you were suggesting IBM isn't important.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-29-14 02:31 AM
    Hello
    But I am a little bit worried. The demand for the Passport is (relative for BlackBerry devices) extremely high. But somehow BlackBerry manages to offset their customers here again... How can they launch it in Germany, if they have got only a few thousands over here on stock?! :-(
    I also regret that I didn't order on day one at BlackBerry Germany.

When I watched Chen's PassPort presentation I got the impression that he was not totally convinced, that the demand for the PassPort will be huge. He seems to bet more on the Classic. And Germany was never a BlackBerry country. Marketshare was very low here so the initial stock volume was low here too.

Don't be upset. It's better to wait a few weeks for a highly demanded, unique, high quality device than getting a device on day one, which nobody else wants (imho).
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-29-14 02:58 AM
    Haha, that article from the ex apple exec.

Either his premise for blackberry's demise is wrong or he is right. If he is wrong there is no point in reading.

If he is right then if you apply the same premise to apple, they are in big trouble and over the next 3 years will start to lose heavy market share.

Ageing OS, which cannot keep pace with modern hardware and software. Sound familiar. Corporate culture which refuses to change, aka not providing larger screens until only this year. The list goes on.

He also seemed convinced that BlackBerry has lost the software battle, but forgets to mention that they have developed software that can run both android and native apps. This is huge.

For me BlackBerry is winning the software battle by a long way, it may just not be apparent to the masses.

It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-29-14 03:28 AM
    "Orange Peel Investments" proudly posted another article on SA. They are happy, that their peredictions are in line with the results. No news for us but it's a good summery.

Update: BlackBerry Still Chugging Along

Summary

We predict BlackBerry is heading to $12-$14 soon.
    We believe they could achieve cash flow positive before expectations.
    All major metrics are heading the right direction; spending is down, phones sold is up, gross margin is impressive.
    By Scott Tzu

This article was sent to 33,953 people who get email alerts on BBRY.
    Get email alerts on BBRY
    Earlier this month, we wrote about BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) for the first time, stating our case that we believed the company would continue on its way to cash flow neutral and that phone sales could surprise in this upcoming earnings report.

We came out earlier this week, amended our initial article and stated that we "believed the company will meet or beat both EPS and revenues". We've also stated in both pieces that we think the company is going to achieve cashflow neutral/positive quicker than they've forecasted.

The company came out on Friday morning and announced a Q2 EPS of ($0.02), which far exceeded analyst estimates of ($0.16). The company did miss on revenue, however, posting $916 million versus expectations of $949 million. Revenue was supposed to be scrutinized as a gauge to keep an eye on how new phones were selling. That was quickly overlooked because gross margins on hardware were up, despite the revenue decline; hardware accounted for 46% of revenue.

The company continues to curb costs; R&D spending falling 22% sequentially and sales and administration costs fell by an astounding 51% sequentially. These cuts helped the company post a much better than expected EPS and, in our opinion, could lead BBRY to cash flow positive quicker than the company's forecast.

Phone shipments were up from 1.6 million in Q1 to 2.1 million and the company tacked onto arguably its biggest asset by adding 6 million users to BlackBerry Messenger. Every couple of million users they add to their message service, the higher the price of the asset goes.

To top things off, John Chen came out and stated that the company has already sold 200k of its new phone, the PassPort. While this isn't a number that is meaningful when compared to the 10 million iPhones Apple sold in the past week, it's progress for BlackBerry who, if they were to sell 10 million of these phones total, would be considered an astounding success.

This report was in line with our expectations and we think the market got it wrong not bidding the stock up closer to $11-$12 on Friday. We do believe BlackBerry's real work is going to come after the company achieves cash flow positive, but we're continuing our BUY rating. We think the stock is worth $14 when the company reports cash flow positive, which we believe could come a quarter early.
    CDM76, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-29-14 04:03 AM
    Whaaaaaaat? Where the heck are you?

I would contact BlackBerry directly. They may have a phone that is relative to your area, because I think they sell the Z30 worldwide.

Im on T-Mobile which should explain it after the falling out. I need band 4 which isnt supported based on blackberrys own stats. T-mo dumped on blackberry right after the z10

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-29-14 06:47 AM
    09-29-14 07:40 AM
    Multiple analyst price increases this am. They are still behind the 8 ball though
    Last edited by crackerdoodle; 09-29-14 at 10:36 AM.
    09-29-14 07:50 AM
105,709 ... 28822883288428852886 ...