View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry reportedly working on a 2nd generation Passport, will unveil concept device at Mobile World Congress | MobileSyrup.com

Chen also hinted at future developments within the company. The CEO confirmed to The Globe & Mail that the company will be working on a second generation of the 3-row QWERTY device. There were no other details listed as to its features or release date.

Finally, another gem by Chen said that BlackBerry will unveil “a new BlackBerry device concept” at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Again, no details were given, but this could be the slider featuring a “storable keyboard [with] a pivoting cover.”
    09-26-14 01:32 PM
    Really thinking of getting a passport.

In the last 18 months I bought a bold, z10, z30.

How can I justify this? I think I have a problem!

Posted via CB10
    Really ?
    Attachment 300752The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_203501.jpg
    09-26-14 01:32 PM
    BlackBerry Wants to Eventually Return to Consumer Market - Bloomberg

The smartphone maker is focusing on business users for now, Chen told reporters today at BlackBerry headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario. Already, the new Passport device for professionals has surpassed his expectations, selling 200,000 units, Chen announced earlier today.

“Over time I definitely would like to reach the everyday people, but it’s too early for us now,” Chen said. “One thing at a time -- let’s get ourselves making money and generating cash and get a good book of business.”

The CEO, who took the helm in November, has been leading a turnaround attempt by distinguishing BlackBerry’s products as more serious tools for corporate users than devices like Apple Inc.’s iPhone. Before his tenure, BlackBerry had made an ill-fated attempt to re-establish itself in the consumer market with the touch-screen Z10 phone, whose flop led to a writedown of almost $1 billion.

While he waits on a return to the consumer market, Chen said he’s already at work on a new concept for devices. Another version of the Passport is also in the works, he said.
    09-26-14 01:34 PM
    Really ?

Attachment 300751

Posted via CB10
    Ok, you win. I guess I have to buy a passport now!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:36 PM
    Thats a beautiful photo Antoine
    09-26-14 01:37 PM
    Ok, you win. I guess I have to buy a passport now!

Posted via CB10
    Yes you do Komoto!
    09-26-14 01:38 PM
    I'm getting me one as soon at it arrives at AT&T. Upgrade from my Z10. Liking what I read about the wider screen and the new keyboard. And as always: LONG (live) BBRY
    09-26-14 01:38 PM
    Vive la Marine nationale!
    09-26-14 01:40 PM
    I'm getting me one as soon at it arrives at AT&T. Upgrade from my Z10. Liking what I read about the wider screen and the new keyboard. And as always: LONG (live) BBRY
    Wish I could say the same! I'll have to ride this Z10 past the classic,onto 10.3.1. Then, if I can catch a nice BBRY payday, I'll get the "BBPP2"!

I'm sure it will have some excellent USPs (Unique Selling Points).

I hope AT&T can get you your passport before then...

BB10 4 ME
    09-26-14 02:08 PM
    09-26-14 02:10 PM
    https://twitter.com/shanedingman

Shane Dingman @shanedingman • 2h
    Enterprise is a must-fix area for Chen, "I gotta focus on something," but he doesn't rule out going back after everyday consumer.
    "I'm exploring a number of things" that may not be just phones... but it's "not even in this building, it's in another building."
    A new BlackBerry device concept will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, teases Chen.
    BlackBerry's Chen confirms there will be another generation of Passport, based on receptivity so far.
    Chen has reached out to Waterloo, looking to hire about 350 people in coming months, mostly engineers
    Shane Dingman @shanedingman • 3h
    $BBRY John Chen takes shot at Apple Pay, doesn't think it will be bigger than iTunes... chalks it up to "Apple hype"
    On BBM, which is free now: “If I like free I should work for a non-profit, eventually it will not be free." But, "it will have value.”
    Is $500-million in software sales in 2015 aggressive? Chen says "Unless I'm really grossly wrong, it seems the pipelines are strong enough"
    John Chen: "We are maybe a quarter ahead," on the plan for making money from hardware sales $bbry
    09-26-14 02:22 PM
    Really thinking of getting a passport.

In the last 18 months I bought a bold, z10, z30.

How can I justify this? I think I have a problem!

Posted via CB10
    Apparently by saying I know a lot of people who do the same ! !

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-26-14 02:37 PM
    09-26-14 02:46 PM
    I just read this. cant find link.
    TD Securities raises PT to 12 from 10.50
    09-26-14 02:57 PM
    Just out... TD securities raises blackberry from 10.50 to $12. Rating HOLD
    09-26-14 02:58 PM
    Really?....they raise the target at 4:00 pm... seriously?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-26-14 03:01 PM
    Bunch of crooks on Wall street. They do not play fair with BB. Look at all the pre earnings downgrades. Never saw such a thing. Soon Chen is going to smack all of these manipulators silly. The mother of all short squeezes will be upon them.
    09-26-14 03:04 PM
    You've got to love JC (read to the last paragraph)...
    Chen pins BlackBerry?s turnaround hopes on software - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry CEO John Chen is staking his reputation as a turnaround man on as-yet-unseen software, and modest success from new hardware.

In a Q&A session with reporters Friday afternoon he betrayed some frustration with analyst and media calls for signs of a full recovery so early in his tenure (he’s been on the job for 10 months).

“When I came into this job everybody thinks that if you don’t repair the balance sheets, this company is dead,” Mr. Chen said. “All of a sudden, everyone says ‘What happened to the growth?’ ”

The company announced earnings Friday morning to mixed reaction, with revenue continuing to decline though not as rapidly as in previous quarters.

What troubled analysts most were his answers on what is being done about its highly profitable Service Access Fees, which remain in decline: service revenues decreased to approximately $421-million (U.S.) from $519-million in the first quarter. SAF peaked at over $1-billion a quarter in calendar 2012. The company issued guidance that it would continue to slide 10 to 15 per cent in the coming quarters.

“Whoever is talking about building SAF is full of it, it’s just denying reality,” Mr. Chen said. “If [BlackBerry’s old leadership] was able to stabilize it in the first place, the SAF – which is the reason this company got into trouble – I would never have the opportunity to run this company.

“I can’t change the gravity of that. What I could do is replace the SAF decline with new software.”

BGC Financial analyst Colin Gillis said in a note the decline in service revenue “poses a distinct threat to the company as this revenue has a high margin… allowing management to invest in the future as an enterprise software company…The company is in a race against time to build up new revenue streams before the traditional services revenue from its older phones rolls off.”

Mr. Chen laid out some details for his next steps to stabilize the company, which include the helpful addition of revenue from the new Passport and upcoming Classic smartphones.

On Nov. 13 he will travel to the San Francisco area to unveil the latest BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, BES 12. With that new platform for managing both BlackBerry and rival devices from Apple and Google’s Android, Mr. Chen expects to convert the 3.4 million subscribers on the free trial of BES 10 (called EZ PASS) and then grow the total number further. “I suspect when we are all said and done, we’ll have at least 10 million licences,” in the next fiscal year. Mr. Chen even mooted that he might end the free trial early (it’s currently expected to end by Feb. 1, 2015).

While he expects new software revenue to double from $250-million to $500-million by the end of fiscal 2015, the margins could be lower than on the disappearing SAF profits. Mr. Chen estimated the new software would earn perhaps 70 to 80 per cent margin.

“BlackBerry’s blocking and tackling well near-term, delivering cost reductions and launching products on time,” RBC Capital Markets analyst Mark Sue said in a research note. “It’s hard to cut your way to glory and management’s looking for software revenues to offset declines in high margin service revenues. However, upselling is difficult, especially compared to BlackBerry’s legacy mandatory services fees. We see the stock remaining volatile, pending better visibility to stable revenues and cash-flow break-even.”

Mr. Chen intends to show a never-before discussed hardware “concept” at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, which runs from March 2-5. He wouldn’t elaborate on whether that would mean a new phone, a return to tablets or something else, but the event will also showcase the company’s “product road map” for both services and devices.

As for the Passport, he declared the early reception has convinced him to start work on a second-generation of the device.

“I do have a model,” Mr. Chen said about his plans to return BlackBerry to profit. “Could I be wrong on the model? Absolutely. Have I been wrong before in my life? Absolutely. Do I get wrong a lot of times? No, not much. Not too many times.”
    09-26-14 03:27 PM
    If the bes license margins are around 70-80% what is currently the SAF margin? 90% or so?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:35 PM
    M8+ the SP did pretty much what you said! wow
    I bet you have a crystal ball so please make some magics (TA) for Monday so we can see $12 even for just one second. WE (lot of people here) appreciate you!
    Wouldn't it just be insane if young people decided the Passport was a cult thing and everyone had to have it?

As for the ER, I came away thinking that our next ER could be far more productive then this one was. We would be trading at $ 12.00/shr right now if Services revenue had trended even. That one number has killed an explosive rally in the stock. The devil is in the details and we really need to download the .pdf and read the details of this report. I have everything right on my estimates, ...... except that Services number, I called for something close to even and it plunged. Sorry about that. I still don't know how they derive that number and will have to see if I can find more detail on BES10/BES12 versus the decline in historic Services revenue. The day was coming when revenues would fall off a cliff but I assumed we were a quarter away from those kinds of dips. As for everything else, I anticipated better numbers in the Z3 and we didn't get them, everything else was perfect, Cash on Hand was perfect, Software perfect, Passport numbers perfect, minimal costs of product launch across the board, i.e. Sales, Inventory and Marketing were all perfect. The only complaint here was the Services side of the business so we need to know when we can expect offsetting revenues in BES10/BES12 and those figures will be announced before the end of this year.

The stock bounced back on the Passport numbers and the much lower EPS loss than expected. The stars are aligned for a rally here, if and when BlackBerry can show us growth in one of their many business segments. So far, we are leveling out in most of them (hardware, software, free-ware uptake etc) but we still need to see revenue as a whole, bottom out. There was a comment attributed to SA this morning, I can't remember who posted it so sorry for not giving credit where credit is due, that cash on hand could kill the shorts, I believe this is true now as they manage their cash extremely well.

That's all I can say for now, I need to read the .pdf to get the real data on this past Q. GL
    09-26-14 03:55 PM
    I find myself laughing when I tough about a commercial where a mad madam try to beat her husband then she used her Iphone to beat him but the iphone landed on the husband Blackberry and not only bent but cracked.
    09-26-14 04:02 PM
    Posted by my new passport. Have a great weekend guys.

The Passport. The Smart Phone
    09-26-14 04:20 PM
    Bunch of crooks on Wall street. They do not play fair with BB. Look at all the pre earnings downgrades. Never saw such a thing. Soon Chen is going to smack all of these manipulators silly. The mother of all short squeezes will be upon them.
    Agreed but we have been waiting for the short squeeze for about 2 years now. I think shorts will be mostly out of this thing before we actually start to move

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:23 PM
    Hi all:

Here are some pics of the new passport:

New settings
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_123128.jpg

New settings for color:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_122418.jpg

Nytimes on the Passport and iPhone5
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_122827.jpg

The screen is as sharp as the macbook pro retina. No pixelation at all.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_121752.jpg

The Passport and the Playbook
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_121423.jpg

Thickness of Passport and iPhone5
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_121229.jpg

The back of the Passport feels nice--leather like, and not slippery.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_121048.jpg

iPhone5, Passport, and Nexus 7
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_120553.jpg

Typing with one hand is doable:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_120124.jpg

Navigating with one hand is doable:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140926_115853.jpg
    09-26-14 04:34 PM
    Quite a nice run up today. Shame that the market had to make it rough with the ride down yesterday. But if you didn't panic and you held, you were nicely rewarded with at least a return to double digit prices.
    Things seem in good shape for blackberry. I can easily see them going cash flow positive in this quarter coming up. That would be huge.
    09-26-14 04:47 PM
113,251 ... 28772878287928802881 ...