View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Quarter was definitely better than expected but the finance sites are putting a lot of the negative focus on the non-cash charge relating to debentures. Sounds like some of the bond holders converted for shares at $10.

The balance sheet can confirm this.. don't have time now.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    09-26-14 08:11 AM
    I'm amazed the analyst even asked that question. It was clear from prior BlackBerry explanation and the EZPASS website itself that trade in was to Silver level and you had to buy Gold. Proves to me that particular analyst wasn't paying attention.
    Yes, but thank God they were able to provide this clear answer, as Chen appeared hesitant for a second...!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-26-14 08:11 AM
    When are we going to see impact of BlackBerry stopping royalty/licensing fee payments to Adobe and others?
    Wasn't there some significant amount of money (100s of Millions) that was suppose to drop from BlackBerry's quarterly expenses? I forgot what that was for and when it was to happen.
    09-26-14 08:12 AM
    Yes The Passport is important, due mostly to its form factor. We've all heard, time and again, that people look at Z10 or Q10 and assume Bb10 is just another iteration of the clunky old BBOS. The Passport breaks the mold on that perception. Everyone who sees the Passport says, "What's that?!", and that is the hook that will get them to look as BB10. JC knows that perception is reality. Getting the C-suite using the Passport and blend even in small numbers will have a knock-on effect for the classic. Lots of those two phone people who carry a BlackBerry for work will get the classic if the C-suite deem the Passport and BB10 and Blend as beneficial to the bottom line.

BB10 4 ME
    09-26-14 08:18 AM
    When are we going to see impact of BlackBerry stopping royalty/licensing fee payments to Adobe and others?
    Wasn't there some significant amount of money (100s of Millions) that was suppose to drop from BlackBerry's quarterly expenses? I forgot what that was for and when it was to happen.
    Nov 2014. Almost 800-1000 mill.

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    09-26-14 08:19 AM
    Last $200 million quarterly payment ends this quarter. All done by November.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and chrysaurora like this.
    09-26-14 08:22 AM
    Nov 2014. Almost 800-1000 mill.

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    I thought it was 800 mil dropping to <500mill in Nov.

BB10 4 ME
    09-26-14 08:22 AM
    Here we go!

Big battle at the opening. I think we will go up by EOD.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-14 08:35 AM
    Finally in the green

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:37 AM
    For any other stock I would say I'm shocked we're not up at least 10% today. Same old story.

200,000 Passports already sold is really surprising though. Wasn't expecting that much demand for a niche phone.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    09-26-14 08:41 AM
    After the ER, I am not too concerned about the price action today. The direction seems perfect. And I am willing to hold long term.
    The hardware also seems to be going in the right direction. The Passport sales numbers are good. And it will be a good word of mouth advertising, more so because of the success of such an 'odd' device.
    JC had mentioned that after the initial sales surge, when the Passport sales level off, he has some strategies to keep it going. Am sure he has some plans.
    Let's not be frustrated by the SP in the past couple of days, and let's look ahead......
    09-26-14 08:42 AM
    I like the product, but I have to admit that I realised that there is still a long road ahead of us.

We are losing around 40 to 50 mil revenue per quarter from services fees. This must be replaced with income from else where.

That is the issue.

How much will those 3.4 mil licenses start producing when they kick in in Feb?

Hardware is no longer the issue. Declining service fees must be replaced at an equal or better rate from services (BES 12), software (bbm protected, blend, etc) and hardware.

I see hardware being difficult as it will be a while before we gain a lot of traction. I expect us to hover at around 10 mil units sold for the next year or so.

BES 12 I am not sure how this works to be honest. Maybe someone could summarise. ..

Software will take a while to ramp up. As chen said he expects this to get to 200 and 250 mil next year some time, which will cover the equivalent loss of 150 mil from service.

Is my maths correct?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:44 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png

gambling PM is over ... let's see how where real money goes
    09-26-14 08:51 AM
    Hope to see some upgrades today

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:52 AM
    A couple of things I really liked from what I read from the financial posts live blog were:

1. BlackBerry turned down some low margin deals and:

2.Chen on BES sales: Most BES sales are direct, with some distributors, but would love to have a carrier carry it. ?. A number of carriers extremely interested in carrying BES12 and offering it to their customers.? It?s part of why he is so bullish on doubling its software revenue number, he says.

Lots of other good stuff as well, I think this shows confidence and they really have a targeted plan and not grasping at straws for anything that would increase revenues.

Here's the link:
    http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=04ac-111f

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:56 AM
    BlackBerry Rising: Street Lauds Gross Margin, Cash Conservation; Services a Concern - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 24 cents, or 2.4%, at $10.04, in pre-market trading, after the company earlier this morning reported fiscal Q2 revenue that missed analysts’ expectations, but offered a much-smaller-than-expected net loss per share.

Revenue in the three months ended in August fell 42%, year over year, and 5%, quarter to quarter, to $916 million, yielding a net loss of 2 cents, excluding some costs.

Analysts had been modeling $951 million and a 15 cent loss per share.

On a conference call with analysts following the report, CEO John Chen said BlackBerry expects to report positive net income next fiscal year, beginning in March, while it still expects to break even on cash flow by the end of this fiscal year.

Blackberry managed to keep cash and equivalents little changed at $1.52 billion versus $1.58 billion a year earlier, with negative $184 million in cash from operations. The company noted it spent just $36 million in “normalized” cash use, down from $255 million in the prior quarter.

Mark Sue of RBC Capital Markets, who has a Sector Perform rating, notes that the company’s services business underperformed, writing “Services dropped -19% QoQ to $421M, below our estimate for $453M (-13% QoQ).”

“The services miss is likely to sustain concerns about BlackBerry’s declining subscriber base.”

Sue notes smartphone shipments, up 31% from Q3, at 2.1M, were above his 1.65 million unit estimate, which he attributes to a full quarter of the entry-level Z3 smartphone.”

Sell through was 2.4 million units, he notes, “down slightly from the 2.6M levels last quarter.”

Tim Arcuri of Cowen & Co., who has a Market Perform rating, writes that gross margins of 47.5% were “solid” as “the company achieved positive non-GAAP gross margin in hardware.

But the $420 million in services revenue is likely to be a lingering concern, he writes: ” However, given near-term non-Hardware growth drivers remain limited, investor concerns are increasingly likely to key on how/when new technology and growth initiatives can/will arrest the Service decline and deliver a revenue inflection beyond Hardware.”
    09-26-14 09:02 AM
    Is anyone else having trouble viewing Morgan's chart??

Balls of steel!!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry-sept-25-2014.png

Here it is again, CB was acting up. I'm just getting up to speed on the whole BBRY thing and will comment soon.
    09-26-14 09:10 AM
    09-26-14 09:14 AM
    Anyone that bought on yesterday's BBRY dip, congratulations, more power to you.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:19 AM
    I'm sorry but those are three arrogant pr!cks

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:22 AM
    Even on the infamous 10.30 dip, BBRY continues to rise. Whilst I'm glad the stock is green, we really should be in the 12s. Maybe I should wait until next week and see where the stock is then.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-26-14 09:23 AM
    I'm sorry but those are three arrogant pr!cks
    You beat me to it.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-26-14 09:24 AM
    can you feel the smile on my face ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png

had a bad sleep last night, bc of a wow I thought may have led some buddies in troubles.
    hopefully, shouldn't be the case ... and congrats to the dips buyers !
    09-26-14 09:25 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Sitting on my 250,000 shares... long all the way.....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:26 AM
    Even on the infamous 10.30 dip, BBRY continues to rise. Whilst I'm glad the stock is green, we really should be in the 12s. Maybe I should wait until next week and see where the stock is then.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed we are still under what we where a week ago would really like to see us in the 12's
    09-26-14 09:26 AM
106,451 ... 28742875287628772878 ...