View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    @Superfly. Enjoying your excitement!
    Just a quick question. Can you choose what you want Blend to display eg just BBM and SMS? Thinking about screen real estate where I have Outlook running (and access to all my archived calendars/emails etc).
    09-25-14 04:35 AM
    As of date there's not many settings available, besides the notifications appearance, connection and secure work space. I believe this will improve with time, we've been told to expect many updates in the near term.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png

To be clear I believe (have to make some real life testing here) you don't really need Outlook anymore ... as anything's in Blend.

BTW, one more screenshot: yes, we have on screen notifications !
    P.S: Zo is my BB10 powered daughter, not mistress !!! lol
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    cjcampbell, rarsen, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    09-25-14 04:46 AM
    Thanks for the info!
    Not sure I'm willing to give up Outlook yet (did I just say that!), but would use this on my windows tablet and laptop.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-25-14 04:53 AM
    Is blend going to be available for iOS and android, or only blackberry phones?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:10 AM
    PC, Mac, iOS (tablets), Android tablets.
    BlackBerry Blend is launching today on the BlackBerry Passport and the Porsche Design P’9983 from BlackBerry, and will work across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 + and Windows 7+ and Android tablets running Android 4.4+. BlackBerry is also working to bring the Blend experience on other tablets soon.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/blackberry-blend/
    rarsen, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    09-25-14 05:35 AM
    Is blend going to be available for iOS and android, or only blackberry phones?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry phones only.
    rarsen, sidhuk, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    09-25-14 05:49 AM
    By the way, the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Spacegrey has a 2.5 stars rating at Amazon Germany (Price: EUR 991,80 !!!, including tax)
    The reviews are like a ****storm. The "Apple BendGate" is on German TV everywhere.
    Sorry for hating Apple so much. I'ts not professional, I know. I can't help, LOL.
    09-25-14 05:59 AM
    BlackBerry phones only.
    kind of one more misreading of mine ... thanks CJ !
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-14 06:10 AM
    Superfly, what I meant was is it only the blackberry phones that can act as a 'network hub' for blend?

If so, I guess it is one more reason to buy BlackBerry.

If they could get it to work on iPhone and Android, I could see this helping adoption alot.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:25 AM
    Superfly, what I meant was is it only the blackberry phones that can act as a 'network hub' for blend?

If so, I guess it is one more reason to buy BlackBerry.

If they could get it to work on iPhone and Android, I could see this helping adoption alot.

Posted via CB10
    Some of the Blend functionality exists in iOS/Android currently through apps like Pushbullet. More on iOS and Mac, the integration will go further with the Yosemite upgrade and the extensibility functions that it will offer to iOS users.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-25-14 07:07 AM
    For the record. Hatchet job by the WSJ:
    BlackBerry Passport Review: A Love Story
    09-25-14 07:11 AM
    By the way, the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Spacegrey has a 2.5 stars rating at Amazon Germany (Price: EUR 991,80 !!!, including tax)
    The reviews are like a ****storm. The "Apple BendGate" is on German TV everywhere.
    Sorry for hating Apple so much. I'ts not professional, I know. I can't help, LOL.
    Iphone 6 the worlds most flexible world
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-14 07:19 AM
    For the record. Hatchet job by the WSJ:
    BlackBerry Passport Review: A Love Story
    I just lost 5 minutes of my life that ill never get back
    09-25-14 07:24 AM
    This came out a week ago, prior to the launch itself:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry?s Passport to profit
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-14 07:34 AM
    I just lost 5 minutes of my life that ill never get back
    Sorry about that, bro...
    jake simmons3, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-14 07:35 AM
    Is ridiculous that they are selling for 100$ more in Canada. Especially since it's a Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. This is a stock trading site and I am sure you are familiar with BBRY and BB..

One on the nasdaq and one trade on Toronto
    Weird, because it's the same stock yet different prices. I wonder why that is.

Now, I obviously understand the difference in exchange is about $50 and the other $50 seems odd.

But, do you understand that there is significant more cost of doing business in Canada than the usa?

So, that is where the other 10% comes into play

I hate it too, but I am also taking my 2 kids to the Dr right now for a checkup and doesn't cost me a dime.

In the meantime either wait for it to come down in price or order from amazon and pay for duty and shipping to Canada and see where that leaves you

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-25-14 07:41 AM
    Yeah, there are quite a few 'hatchet jobs'. I think we should have expected this, this is a polarising phone. I expect some people will live it and some will hate it.

We are seeing this happen.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-25-14 07:50 AM
    Passport will be profitable right away: BlackBerry CEO

BlackBerry Ltd. CEO John Chen says the Waterloo, Ont.-based company’s newest smartphone will be an instant money maker, but take three to four quarters for profits to be realized.
    Passport will be profitable right away: BlackBerry CEO - BNN News
    09-25-14 08:11 AM
    no, no, I completely understand what you are saying. All I am saying is that - BlackBerry can push more devices only by coming up with compelling features that users want. It has not been able to catch up in app-space but by creating features like Blend, BlackBerry is just trying to create a set of features that will help push device sales and hence increase bottomline.

Posted via CB10
    I understand the use case for blend and think it's an innovative extension of the BlackBerry Bridge (and will use it). Now, your smartphone can act as a gateway into your work and personal content communicating through any PC or tablet. Authenticate once to your phone and the other devices don't need to be reauthenticated (at least, this is my understanding).

Unfortunately, I fear this will be a tough sell and not drive device volume. There are lots of innovative features on the bb10 os, but to-date, bbry has not done a good enough job identifying use cases and marketing then to their audience. People need to understand the value for it to change behavior.

I thought this was the poorest part of the launch event... the story was not compelling as to why someone needs this feature. I'd love to work with them to build out these use cases, since the technology is powerful. As a supporter, and long share holder, I want them to succeed. Hopefully, people will respond and all of us can meet up with bbry hits $100!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:22 AM
    BlackBerry Passport sold out in BlackBerryShop Germany

Posted with my great BB Q10
    rarsen, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    09-25-14 08:35 AM
    BlackBerry Passport sold out in BlackBerryShop Germany

Posted with my great BB Q10
    Not available on Amazon either.
    09-25-14 08:38 AM
    Not available on Amazon either.
    Sold out in Canada shop blackberry as well
    09-25-14 08:39 AM
    I think they are limiting distribution with quick production schedules. They have "sold out" (and replenished rather quickly) a few times already.

In any case, it's good news. You don't put this much research and development into a device and then only produce 10,000. There has got to be 100k or so in the channels, minimum.
    09-25-14 08:45 AM
    Bloody red opening
    09-25-14 08:47 AM
    Bloody red opening
    selling off before the 2nd q report coming up and after the introduction of passport. must be confusing if you want to sell the news in between NR's, my guess a runup into the close at some point today...
    09-25-14 08:53 AM
105,694 ... 28662867286828692870 ...