View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    09-22-14 06:14 PM
    I am curious how many of the regulars here will buy the Passport? On launch? Eventually?
    I'm wavering between the Passport and the Classic, so I will wait until November. My business partner is definitely getting the Classic, as she really needs a transition from her Bold (she had declared an utter dislike of my Z10, and can't imagine being without the track pad so the Q10 is out). I figure I may as well try out her Classic at that time, before making a decision on the Passport.
    randall2580 likes this.
    09-22-14 06:21 PM
    He's got to be holding something back. And maybe Chen will borrow a line from apple with "but wait. There's more". Maybe something not even Passport related? What will the surprise be on Wednesday? Blend? Partnership? World domination?
    As long as he's not wearing a turtleneck, jeans, or one of those stupid scarves when he announces it, I'm OK with any of those options.
    09-22-14 06:30 PM
    even better , the issue will be how does BB one up the Passport , people getting itchy already for the next one
    That's easy... Passport all touch (PlayBook 2) tee he he
    09-22-14 07:02 PM
    Ok.
    Anyone can speculate in any direction with my "wow" that can basically mean anything.
    Morgan, thanks for the warnings, both about the NDA and the massive salt quantity anyone should apply to this generic heart shout.

Take it for what it worth. Not much more than what you probably know.

Posted via CB10
    My hope is that BlackBerry is now a profitable company, even a small real profit from this quarter's revenue. That'd blow everyone out of the water.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    09-22-14 08:00 PM
    What does superfly do?

I am not getting a passport. It's to wide to go in an armband when running.

Posted via CB10
    Then it's due time to get some bicep curls in brother!

Hit Sidhuk up for some advice!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-22-14 09:15 PM
    What time does ER get released Friday? I gonna try to take a lunch break so can review it

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:17 PM
    What time does ER get released Friday? I gonna try to take a lunch break so can review it

Posted via CB10
    Usually the call starts at 8am eastern standard time. The numbers typically hit the wire at 7-7:30am before the call. Anyone here can clarify I'm sure.

B-Muncher... bicep curls and asking Sidhuk for advice... NICE!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-22-14 09:24 PM
    OT ALERT !! - THLD,

Hi _dimi_ !!

I don't know if you read my response a couple of weeks ago regarding THLD and its sudden rally to plus $ 5.00/shr, ...

Hey M8:

I find it real interesting that we have been seeing posts from you and a couple others' regarding tips on Biotech stocks over the past while, because even though this is a BlackBerry stock thread, check out this blurb from this guy:

-------------
    "BlackBerry's first service will target hospitals and will detect early signs of illness, which could be as simple as bacterial infections or as complex as cancer. Theoretically, a patient could be getting an annual checkup and then, based on collected data, BlackBerry's software can alert the physician of a potential illness that should be explored.
    This software was derived from 16,000 medical devices that are connected to BlackBerry's operating system. From these devices, more than 3 billion vital signs have been collected annually, thus providing BlackBerry with a large sum of information that it is now sharing in the form of products".
    --------------

Man! The lines are starting to blur between BlackBerry and Biotech!

Link: http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...g-in-comm.aspx
    09-22-14 09:35 PM
    Usually the call starts at 8am eastern standard time. The numbers typically hit the wire at 7-7:30am before the call. Anyone here can clarify I'm sure.

B-Muncher... bicep curls and asking Sidhuk for advice... NICE!

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Maybe I'll make it an early coffee break then. Hahaha.

Thanks for the info

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-22-14 10:07 PM
    OT ALERT !! - THLD,

Hi _dimi_ !!

I don't know if you read my response a couple of weeks ago regarding THLD and its sudden rally to plus $ 5.00/shr, at that time I suggested that it was a buy when it drops back to support under $ 4.30/shr, (I believe). And so I expected that the news of a major brokerage firm high-lighting the stock as a Strong Buy would burn off in the days ahead and we would have another chance to purchase the stock at more normal price levels. Well it didn't take long for the stock to retreat to support, but today was also a news day with the company telling us that their TH-302 had been reviewed and it was determined that the study needed to continue. In addition, the study requires an n value of 434 deaths before the blind study could conclude thus forcing the company to delay their expectation of a conclusion to the study by roughly 4 - 6 months.

What you have now is a study that needs to be completed (even though the study is one where patients are expected to die, there is no hope of a fast track proposal here), there is a cost for doing that complete study, and, it is delayed by a few months. On a day when all biotechs were hit hard, this one was taken to the bottom of its support range. I like the investment, I don't like the delay but these things happen and we have to roll with the changes. The only way they can modify the out-come of this decision is if there is a clear deviation in the number of lives remaining versus the placebo group, we know the company is in the dark (blind study) when it comes to the minute data so the change/benefit of TH-302 will have to come from others.. In any event, we aren't going to see new/interim data for several months and so the short-term effect is to sell the position today. Nothing has really changed here, the study must continue until n=434 and then we'll hear more about the data. Hope this explains it for you? The question is, how much of the inflated stock price included a chance at a fast track?
    Update: OT ALERT !!!!

Cowen Reiterates Outperform On Threshold On The Back Of IDMC Recommendation

September 22, 2014 7:54 PM EDT by Editor Corey Williams in Exclusively Published, Healthcare

In a research report issued today, Cowen analyst Eric Schmidt reiterated an Outperform rating on Threshold Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:THLD), following today’s news that the Independent Data Monitoring Committee had completed its interim efficacy and safety analyses of the company’s TH-302’s pivotal Phase III trial in front-line sarcoma. The interim efficacy analysis occurred after ~235 events and a recommendation was made to continue the study to its planned final analysis, which will occur following ~434 events.

Schmidt noted, “While it was possible that the trial could have been stopped early by the IDMC, this would have required a hazard ratio of 0.69 with a p-value of <0.0023. Management had maintained that this was a very unlikely scenario (see here). At the time of the final analysis, the trial is 85% powered to detect an HR=0.75, and Threshold has suggested that any statistically significant HR up to 0.825 would be considered successful. If successful, we believe sarcoma represents a $200-300MM opportunity for TH-302.”

According to TipRanks.com, which measures analysts’ and bloggers’ success rate based on how their calls perform, analyst Eric Schmidt has a total average return of 16.4% and a 63.6% success rate. Schmidt is ranked #533 out of 3293 analysts.
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    09-22-14 10:31 PM
    Hey M8:

I find it real interesting that we have been seeing posts from you and a couple others' regarding tips on Biotech stocks over the past while, because even though this is a BlackBerry stock thread, check out this blurb from this guy:

-------------
    "BlackBerry's first service will target hospitals and will detect early signs of illness, which could be as simple as bacterial infections or as complex as cancer. Theoretically, a patient could be getting an annual checkup and then, based on collected data, BlackBerry's software can alert the physician of a potential illness that should be explored.
    This software was derived from 16,000 medical devices that are connected to BlackBerry's operating system. From these devices, more than 3 billion vital signs have been collected annually, thus providing BlackBerry with a large sum of information that it is now sharing in the form of products".
    --------------

Man! The lines are starting to blur between BlackBerry and Biotech!

Link: BlackBerry Ltd and Apple Have This 1 Thing in Common (AAPL, BBRY)
    Bacon M !!!!

You are so right, BlackBerry needs to control the database for PBMs and personal medical history for all patients! I have been pushing this for a couple of years now. The transactions are in the billions and BlackBerry should own this space.
    Corbu, Korepab, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-22-14 10:35 PM
    Bacon M !!!!

You are so right, BlackBerry needs to control the database for PBMs and personal medical history for all patients! I have been pushing this for a couple of years now. The transactions are in the billions and BlackBerry should own this space.
    How likely is this given BlackBerry's history of trying to be a good partner to all?

I don't recall the article but Dan Dodge was interviewed this summer and he recounted a conversation he had with a potential Project Ion customer and the question of data ownership came up. Dodge said he told the potential customer that they owned the data, and that Dodge was the first cloud company to say that. The article was very brief and didn't give the context of what kind of data was being discussed. But it raises the question, how much of the pie is BlackBerry trying to carve out and will they be justly rewarded for being an instrumental player (assuming they are one).
    jxnb and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-22-14 10:50 PM
    Excited to see what they can pull out of the bag.

I'm sure blend will be there, but will there be something else?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:29 AM
    Excitement builds...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bymbp0bimaaioft_edit.jpg

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-23-14 03:49 AM
    Wow...where is the glamour???

Eazzy Peazzy
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    09-23-14 03:54 AM
    Classic Vid:

Eazzy Peazzy
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-23-14 04:01 AM
    Except for blend and passport, what do you think they will announce.

My guess is one partnership with a large tech name and one extra software service, maybe something to do with the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 04:51 AM
    Most importantly, does anyone know if we're able to watch the event live via stream?

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    09-23-14 06:07 AM
    Classic Vid:

Eazzy Peazzy
    Thanks. I like the panorama of the messy room at 3:10. More examples like this please
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-23-14 06:19 AM
    Except for blend and passport, what do you think they will announce.

My guess is one partnership with a large tech name and one extra software service, maybe something to do with the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    My bet is a major partnership with Microsoft into health care and automotive.

Did you notice the Apple and Google push into automotive and Health care after Blackberry announcements last year. Microsoft has been quiet and these are industries they must be part of.

Posted via CB10
    bizzarothor likes this.
    09-23-14 06:54 AM
    Thanks. I like the panorama of the messy room at 3:10. More examples like this please
    Lol...yeah, the vid is from a young fellow for sure.

Eazzy Peazzy
    09-23-14 07:05 AM
    They will want announcements for Friday too! Would expect that's the day for partnering announcements and product maps

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-23-14 07:07 AM
    Can't speak for others but as for me, as an investor who believes on what he invested in, I will be getting one asap. Having sported the Z30 for almost a year now I haven't had many people ask me what phone it was, because it looked like every other phone from afar. With the Passport however, one can expect to get many looks and questions, and for me that is free advertisement for BBRY.

So I will be getting one as an investor, but I will be enjoying it as a BBRY USER !

Posted via CB10
    Upon second thought, I have decided to take it up a notch. I am getting two of them! The second one, I will used it as a loaner: I often talk with friends, colleagues and neighbors about BBRY, but while hearing and or seeing a quick demo is worth something, trying is believing.

For me, this is a pure business decision. Off course I know this won't change the course of the entire CIE just because I bought this extra loaner, but it starts somewhere.

I may tell my spouse she MAY get the use the loaner in between loans!

Cheers!
    09-23-14 07:42 AM
    Eventually, something about the project Ion, will have to be announced, so that something concrete can be offered to people. Otherwise, it hurts them in terms of credibility of the entire project vision, whatever it is. Sure I don't want to have something half-baked to come out, but they have to know time is of the essence here, as other companies are working on this too.
    09-23-14 07:45 AM
105,710 ... 28552856285728582859 ...