View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just read the 5 posts total that user has on SA going back to March of last year. Thank you for that haha, it is fair to say they might know something...

I'm long about 500 shares right now. Got in between 7.50 - 11.00 sold at 17 and baught back around 14.50. I'll be buying more shortly. Graduating in may and am already employed, getting a company phone in june and have the controller/IT woman on board with the Q10's, giddy up!

edit: been reading daily since around page 65, thanks everyone and good luck!
    Read the comment from Tech Advisor in this artical. I think he knows something that we are only speculating.

BlackBerry's Thorsten Heins: What Does He Know? - Seeking Alpha
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-02-13 11:32 PM
    Read the comment from Tech Advisor in this artical. I think he knows something that we are only speculating.

BlackBerry's Thorsten Heins: What Does He Know? - Seeking Alpha
    As with anything, "grain of salt".

IMO, that comment was like all the Apple fan boys going: "The new iPhone is going to be amazing! You'll see!".

Not that I doubt that BlackBerry is working on as many angles as possible to be a successful and profitable business, but lets not hype ourselves up to be disappointed.
    03-02-13 11:58 PM
    Can someone please summarize the article?
    03-03-13 12:07 AM
    Just swapped out my z10 for a new one. The old one had a bad usb port.
    The new one had a received date of Feb 16 written on it. It makes me think that the demand has slowed down since launch.

Posted via CB10

Does not this mean that All Z10 made in December, Jan and before mid feb are sold out and shipped already? Shipped means sold and all z10s made before feb are sold. This is bullish. December 500k produced, Jan to mid feb between 1.5 to mill produced. I know mine was rebooted on Dec 4th last I got the first batch.
    03-03-13 12:23 AM
    There are many tenets of technical analysis, many which often conflict. It's quite possible for some to have degrees of usefulness and others to be less useful. Furthermore, just because technical analysis doesn't work for an individual doesn't mean that technical analysis doesn't work. Technical analysis, like any skill, can be abused and misapplied.

The most core tenets of technical analysis, namely trend, are sound. The reason trend works is because markets are imperfect. It often takes months for markets to adjust to fundamental change and trend catches this fundamental price adjustment. The problem, however, is that trend does not always exist. As a matter of fact, many technical analysts actually believe there is only a price trend 50% of the time. When there is no trend, any reference to "support levels", "resistance levels", "channel lines", or "trend lines" is incorrect. It is important for us to acknowledge when we don't have knowledge regarding price movements rather than to arbitrarily force technical analysis onto a chart and then blame technical analysis when something goes wrong.
    I am no TA or Funamental analysis expert but agree to your analysis. It sounds like fundamental based move take time, trend and TA tightly connected but without trend is TA is kinda useless.
    So in your opinion where is this stock heading in short term ( next 4 weeks )?
    03-03-13 12:34 AM
    dimi!!!

Thanks for those kind words, regarding your question: ..... not for me my friend, $ 11.50/shr is the bottom of the pole, IF you can convince me that a Continuation Pennant has formed. I don't see it at all. In fact, from mid-December, we are unchanged here meaning that other than a brief pop prior to the launch, we have gone nowhere. I did create a possible CP that was created on the first leg up. What do you think? I believe you are looking for something more current and that's where we're apart. The sym-triangle is very well defined here having the 5-directional change pattern that we need to resolve this trade higher.

Attachment 138876

That's the best that I can do, please post a chart with your version of the CP. In mine, the stock pops up, stalls out, drops off over time, and then breaks back to the upside. It is weak at best though!

For others to follow along:
    Flag and Pennant Continuation - A Trader's Notepad... Your Free Learn to Trade Resource

Let me know what you think and possibly post a chart if you can!
    Hello Sir!

We'll have to agree to disagree then Just kidding.. (obviously!)

Understanding your charts, or Technical Analysis in general, is much easier than actually applying it. I'm sure this comes with years and years of experience.

Below I'm giving it my best shot.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-pennant-cont.png

As you will see, I have probably overlooked a bunch of important details. So the period from initial break-out to the formation of the PC (if it were one) does not match with the behavior that typically occurs for this formation? I have to admit the formation made less sense when I actually tried to visualize what I believed was happening Thanks for the feedback!
    03-03-13 06:55 AM
    I am no TA or Funamental analysis expert but agree to your analysis. It sounds like fundamental based move take time, trend and TA tightly connected but without trend is TA is kinda useless.
    Well, there are a number of different fields of study in technical analysis. Trend is the most fundamental; however, there are also other areas of technical analysis that may be used even when there is no trend. Do note that these areas are significantly more subjective and speculative than trend, however. I am not endorsing any particular method of technical analysis in any way.

The two major areas that come to mind is charting (as in looking for chart formations) and oscillators. For example, Morgan+8 claims to have identified a symmetrical triangle on the chart. Oscillators tell us whether a stock is "oversold" or "overbought" under the assumption that there is NO trend. RSI is an example of an oscillator that Morgan+8 likes to employ. Other fields of technical analysis includes cycles, relative strength analysis, Dow Theory, Elliot Wave Theory, etc. I am being grossly general at this point. For example, there are dozens of different oscillators (MACD, Stochastics, Momentum, etc. etc.) and chart formations. Some chart formations are exclusive to particular charts such as the candlestick or point-and-figure charting.

So in your opinion where is this stock heading in short term ( next 4 weeks )?
    I believe there is no apparent price trend to BBRY at this moment. Chart formations is probably the most appropriate approach in this context. I see the symmetrical triangle that Morgan+8 is pointing out BUT I also see the double head and shoulders DudeBB identifies. This means that price will probably go up in the immediate short term (like a week); but, it has potential to both soar and plummet afterwards. Again, chart formations are speculative so I will not insist upon any particular movement.

I would also like to note that the current political and stock environment (wholly indirectly related to BBRY) has potential to have adverse impact on BBRY share values. There is fear that the stock market is overbought and events such as the sequester are creating tension amongst investors. If a stock market crash or correction were to initiate, speculative stocks, such as BBRY, will suffer the most damage. Do note not all investors agree that there will be an ensuing stock market price correction.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 03-03-13 at 09:14 AM.
    BBNation likes this.
    03-03-13 08:17 AM
    Looks like zee German gov't may be warming up to BB10. I pasted the Google translate version of the article below:

Dusseldorf (ots) - Secusmart presented at CeBIT 2013, the mobile high security solution "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10". The solution was the Procurement Office of the German Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for the encrypted communication of the German Federal Government selected.

"SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10" consists of Secusmart Security Card that. BlackBerry � 10 platform and components of Secunet and Sirrix

The unique capabilities of Secusmart Security card and the BlackBerry � Balance [TM] technologies enable users for the first time to meet the extremely high security requirements of the German federal authorities for secure data transmission and exchange secure voice - without compromising the user experience.

The Secusmart Security Card to ensure compliance with safety requirements (VS-RESTRICTED) of the German Federal Government. Because the solution provides secure encryption of information stored, the language of the text messages, the VPN and secure browsing. It will allow safe access to the Internet. BlackBerry Balance separates personal content sensitive information reliably. Customers can easily and safely switch between their business and personal lives.

"The combined solution government customers provides for the first time an excellent smartphone user experience without sensitive government information at risk." SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10 "is based on the secure voice product SecuVOICE that already by the German BSI, the Dutch NBV, the EU Council for Information Security and NATO RESTRICTED VS communication has been released, "said Secusmart CEO Dr. Hans-Christoph Quelle. "We are pleased that we user-friendly by linking SecuSUITE and BlackBerry 10 correspond to the extremely high security requirements of the German federal authorities."

"Safety has always been the cornerstone of the BlackBerry solution was. Nothing is safer than a BlackBerry smartphone that operates on a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10," said Scott Totzke, Senior Vice President, BlackBerry Security Group. "With BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Balance, we deliver a groundbreaking platform that combines the advanced security with a new, powerful mobile computing experience.'s Security solution" SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10 "provides government organizations that work with highly sensitive data, an unprecedented combination of voice - and data security, usability and cost. "

Secusmart presents "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10" solution at CeBIT 2013 on Stand B66 in Hall 12 from 5 to 9 March.

Secusmart ( www.secusmart.com ) is a leading expert in the field of highly secure voice and data communication via smart phones and landlines. Secusmart developed special customer-specific mechanisms of protection against eavesdropping for large and medium enterprises as well as public authorities and organizations with security tasks (BOS).

CeBIT 2013: Bundesregierung whlt "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10" fr gesicherte mobile Kommunikation | Pressemitteilung Secusmart
    BBNation, bungaboy, fedakd and 3 others like this.
    03-03-13 02:20 PM
    ^^^ prefer that to commercials with unicorns lol
    03-03-13 02:33 PM
    03-03-13 03:27 PM
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...mY0ZXU4HWZ5o9A

India may be at odds with Germany's solution
    03-03-13 03:32 PM
    03-03-13 04:02 PM
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...mY0ZXU4HWZ5o9A

India may be at odds with Germany's solution
    Nothing new here, BB agreed to have local server so the goverment can fight terrorism and other stuff so this is just implementation of that agreement.
    03-03-13 04:03 PM
    I have been reading some of the posts on this board and see that some things are not very clear here. The notion that BBRY has formed a Head & Shoulders pattern is one of the interesting ones. H&S normally form when the stock, while in a well defined uptrend, corrects to form the left shoulder, bounces and makes higher highs followed by a similar pattern to the left shoulder, only on the right side of the recent rally highs, resulting in a change in trend. BBRY hasn't done any of these things according to the definition of TA ..... and was dismissed as a possible pattern over a month ago.

Here is what is argued:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-march-3-2013-chart.jpg

The poster looks at the action and draws three humps and calls it a H&S. So why isn't it a H&S? Because the stock never broke down, there is a 3 week gap where the stock consolidated itself (between the Left Shoulder and the Head) before the rally, and the whole thing ascends while it develops. The right shoulder of an H&S can be slightly higher or lower than the left shoulder, it doesn't have to be perfect but you can't be out by 25% (higher right shoulders are very weak H&S formations at best)! The stock was in a well defined uptrend, and guess what, it still is. Nothing has changed here, there is no follow through, the pattern is better explained by drawing a line from the descending tops and see where they hit the uptrend line. When you can do this to an H&S it is a triangle within the uptrend.

In my chart you can see the brown horz. line, a typical H&S would drop to this level on all three stages. BBRY never returned to the same price on each drop. The blue uptrend line is still intact, positive and remains so, not possible with a H&S formation. The right shoulder failed to come anywhere near the uptrend line and in fact traded a full 25% higher than the left shoulder. You can't call all rolling formations a H&S just because the stock failed to make it to the previous high by a buck a share. I mentioned over a month ago that there is less than a 5% chance that we'll see a H&S from this formation.

The sym-triangle, or any triangle for that matter, is more likely to occur and that is what we have today. The formation of the sym-triangle is primarily due to the delay in the launch of the Z10 in the US, we needed to fill in some time before we could resume trading higher.

As for TA and trending, the stock is ALWAYS trending, it never stops following TA levels, even when there is news/no news, TA estimates how the next move will play out. For instance, the period from late Dec to the first two weeks of January is a trend (flat and narrow, low beta), it allows the Bollinger Bands to tighten up and produce an explosive move later on. Call the formations whatever you want, but in the end, labelling them incorrectly is how budding TAs lose their money. I can understand those who tried to make use of TA, perhaps got it wrong and have since snubbed it. That doesn't make it any less valuable a tool for investing.
    03-03-13 05:06 PM
    Hello Sir!

We'll have to agree to disagree then Just kidding.. (obviously!)

Understanding your charts, or Technical Analysis in general, is much easier than actually applying it. I'm sure this comes with years and years of experience.

Below I'm giving it my best shot.

ATTACH=CONFIG]138920

As you will see, I have probably overlooked a bunch of important details. So the period from initial break-out to the formation of the PC (if it were one) does not match with the behavior that typically occurs for this formation? I have to admit the formation made less sense when I actually tried to visualize what I believed was happening Thanks for the feedback!
    What's wrong with your chart? I would ask you to look at it using the original uptrend line that starts back in September, because that one is still intact. Other than that, you have a nice chart pattern here. I personally wouldn't use $ 9.00 as the low on the flagpole, it stands for me anyway at $ 11.50/shr or the first level of support. I guess we can't agree on the pennant formation here either, and that's okay. My chart is the best effort for me to produce the formation you described. Good luck and post some more charts!
    03-03-13 05:20 PM
    03-03-13 06:11 PM
    I don't think Yahoo! is relevant anymore. I'd use outlook.com and gmail over yahoo mail at any time. Of course, a big deal will be made of this.
    03-03-13 06:50 PM
    I never use Yahoo anyway
    03-03-13 07:16 PM
    Me either and haven't for many years. I now use Bing as my search engine and Outlook.com for email and calendar.
    03-03-13 08:13 PM
    So, the German government is on board...I'm buying 5,000 shares tomorrow
    03-03-13 09:09 PM
    Looking at the stochastic RSI it is evident that the stock is being oversold as of Friday. I expect a steady upside for this week and next ahead of the US launch and a possible PR of sales numbers to build momentum as BB10 enters the US market.
    03-03-13 09:36 PM
    So, the German government is on board...I'm buying 5,000 shares tomorrow
    Any idea on time and price? Do you think we will have a dip mid morning?
    03-03-13 09:39 PM
    Any idea on time and price? Do you think we will have a dip mid morning?
    With the way the stock has been trading, it's such a tough call. I was hoping for a little bit more of a dip in the next few days but with the news this weekend, I don't think it's going to happen.
    03-03-13 10:11 PM
    Sell! Sell! Sell! and don't buy again tomorrow. Have fun!
    03-03-13 10:24 PM
    Lol...Dude, I guess ya have a fifty percent shot a being correct.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:27 PM
113,256 ... 283284285286287 ...