• Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    OT,
    Hi Morgan8,
    any thoughts on THLD? when to get in?
    OT ALERT!!!

I'm a buyer at $ 4.30/shr, nothing higher right now, it needs to fall back to support again. Love the stock for the next 12 months, great part of a portfolio of biotech stocks for 2015.

Back to BBRY and AAPL - big ride today, you guys made me split a gut while at the Doctors office this afternoon!! Man you are so funny when it comes to Apple's leading 2013 technology!! Thanks for the laughs gang!! Oh yeah, my AAPL short went on a wild ride but it did what I thought it would, everyone exiting the stock and Apple trying to support it.

Now BBRY can relax again! GL
    _dimi_, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    09-09-14 03:32 PM
    The iphone6 is nothing more then the Nexus 4. Welcome to 2012 iphone users. Congrats and enjoy. Is there any doubt now that apple is yesterday's technology that's available tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:59 PM
    BlackBerry Passport Rocks Tons of Apps Via the Amazon Appstore | Inside BlackBerry

There must be more (a true bigger picture) to unveil September 24th if these articles are making it to their blog? Imagine Apple?! They'd come up with 2 hours of buzzwords and BlackBerry has pretty much shared everything about the Passport, except Blend.
    That's kind of disapointing.... Stil, in a way I'm happy that the iphone 6 didn't impress, wich leaves more room for the Passport to have a Great debut and impress the market with something new

AAPL$98.09 -0.27(-0.27%)
    09-09-14 04:08 PM
    Back to the real stuff after Apple's infotainment...

?Can everyone hear me now?? | Computerworld

With so much potential for corporate data loss via the voice channel, it is critical that organizations find a way to protect this data. It is also incumbent on device manufacturers and/or third parties to offer methods of creating a secure channel, much as they have done for digital data communications. This need for voice channel protection is what led BlackBerry to acquire Secusmart. BlackBerry is establishing a beachhead in a new battleground for secure enterprise communications.

BlackBerry is currently the only device maker offering a means of closing this rather large hole in organizational data sharing across it mainstream products. While I expect other device vendors and some third parties to join the fray, much as MDM vendors emerged to handle BYOD data problems, it’s not likely to come in the short term.
    09-09-14 04:40 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport and it's new os 10.3 should really stand out. BlackBerry just needs to execute with excellent marketing and immediately delivering after launch date....

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, Mr BBRY, W Hoa and 5 others like this.
    09-09-14 04:51 PM
    Underwhelming:

What if BBRY came out with this? It would be universally panned...
    09-09-14 04:54 PM
    iSnore . . .
    09-09-14 05:35 PM
    Underwhelming:

Steve Jobs is actually rolling in his grave after seeing this video

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:36 PM
    Steve Jobs is actually rolling in his grave after seeing this video

Posted via CB10
    That's true... very awkward, Apple normaly is more classy in their advertises, it almost looks like they are making fun of the phone actualy
    09-09-14 05:42 PM
    FWIW:

Those of you that are more knowledgeable than I am might find some interesting info in here:

A Revelation About BlackBerry's Accounting - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    09-09-14 05:50 PM
    That's true... very awkward, Apple normaly is more classy in their advertises, it almost looks like they are making fun of the phone actualy
    That's not a real commercial for the iphone. Right? .... No of course not.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-09-14 05:52 PM
    That's not a real commercial for the iphone. Right? .... No of course not.
    Indeed it is. Along with this one:

09-09-14 05:55 PM
    Underwhelming:

That is sad. Just sad.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    09-09-14 06:06 PM
    Indeed it is. Along with this one:

Apple must have blown the marketing budget on U2, and then hired some marketing student interns for the tv ads!

BB10 4 ME
    09-09-14 06:20 PM
    Time will come ... eventually
    Patience is our mantra !
    100K reply mark will hit along with 100 Stock price. It is already written at BlackBerry HQ.

09-09-14 06:24 PM
    Apple must have blown the marketing budget on U2, and then hired some marketing student interns for the tv ads!

BB10 4 ME
    It's actually Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake doing the voices and sounds in both ads.
    09-09-14 06:49 PM
    Oh-oh...

And Apple says that the iCloud 'fiasco' wasn't their fault. Why then are they dropping their price so fast?

https://gigaom.com/2014/09/09/apple-...ng-cuts_871865

I have a strong belief that the market is not only turning away from APPL, but at least peeking over the fence line at BBRY. It is apparent in everything. When you see CNBC et al pumping our Berry, you know that something is serious behind enemy lines.

Since BlackBerry doesn't have a cloud offering to regular consumers, perhaps now is the time to strike a deal with Microsoft for their One Drive, especially since Drop box has been shown to be less secure...

I was talking to a guy I know at my boys hockey game, who is an IT security consultant for Microsoft, and he 'leaked' out that Microsoft was considering a bid for BlackBerry.
    He doesn't know the first thing about BB, but it got my attention.
    That is speculation at this point, but something is up. Think about it this way, If BlackBerry starts to really roll (say after next ER), what position is Microsoft in to defend? They are up against the world at this point from every angle. To some degree, much more than BlackBerry.
    09-09-14 06:56 PM
    OMG I just watched that iPhone TV commercial video. I'm still laughing. Man I needed that. hahaha
    09-09-14 07:57 PM
    The BIG iOS and Android flagships (iphone 6 and galaxy S5) failed to impress, so it seems that's the right moment for the Passport to get in, Android and iOS never were so vulnerable as they are today
    lcjr, Mr BBRY, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    09-09-14 08:17 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The time is ripe for the Passport launch and blackberry... os 10.3 rocks!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:27 PM
    Underwhelming:

LOL...I think I blew a cookie...out my nose.lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    lcjr, Corbu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-09-14 09:22 PM
    Anyone else notice the similarity between the iwatch crown and the old blackberry scroll wheel? A rotating input device can be real useful. The iPod had a wheel as well. The ability to just keep turning and therefore moving in a direction is a good control feature. I'd still feather scroll down an email with a scroll wheel right under my thumb as I hold the device in a normal position over any other scroll input that I've used.

Here apple uses the crown to zoom in and put but also to scroll through text or to change data. It will probably work okay. But I liked the old scroll
    wheels on the original few generations of blackberries.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-09-14 09:53 PM
    09-09-14 10:48 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140909_235141.png

BlackBerry Z30. The best smart phone.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-09-14 11:52 PM
    This morning, I woke up with a single idea (and fed up by the occurences # of "apple" over the interwebz) :
    There was no mention of Enterprise nor IBM in the Keynote.
    Looks like the "big thing" turns into a "side-activity", not even advertied as a key element.

Is that a sign of early problems with the two guys ?
    Did they retarget their speechs to avoid the security front ?
    Or - more likely - did they aknowledge they're far from ready in this area ?

Anyways, can't wait the 24th.

Have a nice day gang, I'll be out most of it.
    SF
    09-10-14 03:24 AM
106,423 ... 28272828282928302831 ...