View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm on the same boat (only have a few institutional shares) and I understand perfectly your point of view.
    Yet, on a general point of view, this is not a good practice to play a single value, unless the amount you/we invest is so tiny one could consider it as a "start"
    Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes.
    When I have no clue where to invest, I would diversify.
    When I feel good about a stock, I would increase it. Right now, I am 100% BBRY.
    It's a more risky way to invest, but taking risk is part of the game.
    I have been owing businesses since I was 15 years old. I had went all-in more than once in my business deals that had potential of losing everything. But those turned out to be what propelled my business ahead of bigger and smarter companies. If one diversify or play safe, one would likely ends up average, not a bad thing, but if you want to hit a home run you would likely need to give it all you have got (just make sure that you can take the hit and lose everything).
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 03-01-13 at 06:28 AM.
    03-01-13 06:06 AM
    SELL!!! SELL!!! SELL!!! Tomorrow it is going RED!. Look at gas prices. It went down too sharp today. Consequently gas prices will go up tomorrow , economy/market down. But be considerable, today (more exactly on Friday means tomorrow) was RIM's end of fiscal year and Monday can be jump with low probability.
    The best way is to sell in the morning and buy back at the end of the day.
    Sorry Dude but two days ago you talked about how the gas price going up was going to make BBRY go down, and for the last two days, it has finished green. Also, you should scale back on the "advice" on how to trade.
    bungaboy, plane6065 and OMGitworks like this.
    03-01-13 06:34 AM
    Have you thought about the possibility that you sell @ $17 and have to re-purchase @ $25? It's a dangerous game and not for the faint hearted.

Good luck
    But ultimately, those are different trades. If you sell at 17 for a profit that's great! If you make a new investment later at 25, it has no connection to your previous investment. Beating yourself up over the fact that you sold at 17 just leads you into more emotional decisions later, when the result may not be so favorable.
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 03-01-13 at 07:42 AM.
    joe.miller likes this.
    03-01-13 07:15 AM
    Bought another 750 shares for my investment portfolio at 12.9, good timing so far

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 likes this.
    03-01-13 07:33 AM
    Sales India off to a good start apparently selling anywhere from 3 to 9 phones a day
    03-01-13 07:40 AM
    Sales India off to a good start apparently selling anywhere from 3 to 9 phones a day
    They're prob selling a few more than 9 a day
    03-01-13 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry to Announce Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results on Thursday, March 28th, 2013

Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the fourth quarter and year-end of fiscal 2013 on March 28, 2013. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-800-814-4859 or through your BlackBerry� 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet at Investor Events - Canada .

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am by dialing (+1)416-640-1917 and entering pass code 4501383# or by clicking the link above on your BlackBerry� 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet. This replay will be available until midnight ET April 11, 2013.
    I like how they specifically name BB10 or playbook. Cute
    Bugmapper and morganplus8 like this.
    03-01-13 07:50 AM
    Here is an article on this Even at Rs 43,490, BlackBerry Z10 registers promising sales - Tech2.com

And the full article that talks about more volumes in general Even at Rs 43,490, BlackBerry Z10 registers promising sales
    03-01-13 07:56 AM
    pre-market looking pretty good!
    03-01-13 07:59 AM
    Here is an article on this Even at Rs 43,490, BlackBerry Z10 registers promising sales - Tech2.com

And the full article that talks about more volumes in general Even at Rs 43,490, BlackBerry Z10 registers promising sales
    This is the article I was talking about just in class right now couldn't go in depth lol thank you good sir
    03-01-13 08:06 AM
    I like how they specifically name BB10 or playbook. Cute
    That's a thing.

During their first ER after the playbook release, the playbook could not be used to view the webcast. Several of us made noise about it, and they got it fixed for the next one
    03-01-13 08:07 AM
    It could be a bad day for stocks with the US turmoil.
    03-01-13 08:16 AM
    It could be a bad day for stocks with the US turmoil.
    It could be a good day for bbry you never really know!!!!!
    03-01-13 08:18 AM
    Wow..have you seen gold today, Europe and US is going to drag many equities into the red zone...lets see what it does for us.
    03-01-13 08:26 AM
    03-01-13 08:43 AM
    I think that's someone who "gets it" - to an extent. It's also worth mentioning that if BBRY increases market share only a couple of percentage points, that's more units sold than they've ever done before because of how much the market has expanded.

That said: I think he's right about BBRY wanting to get out of manufacturing in the future. It'll be interesting to see where it goes if they can make it through the next 2-3 years.
    03-01-13 08:52 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) BB10 Sales Off to 'Decent' Start - Sterne Agee
    March 1, 2013 7:35 AM EST

Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu said checks show BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) BB10 is off to a "decent" start, although they remain concerned with the road to profitability.

"The supply chain feedback we have gotten is constructive where it appears to be doing well in Canada, the U.K., and U.A.E. From our understanding, it is currently in final testing at VZ and AT&T for an important U.S. launch in mid-March," Wu notes. However, he also said, "with only a month of data, it is frankly too early to call how BB10 will do"

Wu said he remains concerned with the company's road to profitability given lower service fees and rising BOM costs.

On units, the analyst said they've picked up build plans of 1-1.5 million units for the Z10 of which they estimate about 500-750k units may have shipped in the February quarter.

While the analyst said near-term BB10 momentum looks good, they are concerned with sustainability. "Our feedback indicates buyers are long-time loyalists as opposed to new customers," he comments. "It remains to be seen if BB10 can gain mainstream acceptance that BB once commanded that is now owned by Android and iOS. In addition, we are concerned with the company's road to profitability given rising BOM costs (build-of-materials) with the use of more premium parts including touchscreens, glass, and metals and as its higher-margin service revenue (36% of revenue) will likely get impacted as BB10 ramps as a larger contributor."

Wu also said the fundamental question remains if there is room third or fourth mobile OS platform. He note that new platforms - including Windows 8 - have had lukewarm receptions from customers and developers despite strong reviews and carrier interest. "To us, it's not just the number of apps, but the quality of apps and whether developers are making money and customers are using them," he said.

Sterne Agee maintains its Neutral rating.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $13.36 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.56-$17.22.
    03-01-13 08:57 AM
    A little off topic, but AAPL just started digging down into a new 52 week low.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-01-13 09:00 AM
    It could be a good day for bbry you never really know!!!!!
    I know, it's about as predictable as the weather. I just hope that any gains made are held onto.
    03-01-13 09:09 AM
    I shorted 13K of shares at $13.99 and stock went up and they keep it just above. Free non-biased market?
    03-01-13 09:13 AM
    I shorted 13K of shares at $13.99 and stock went up and they keep it just above. Free non-biased market?
    That is a risky venture Dude.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:16 AM
    I know, it's about as predictable as the weather. I just hope that any gains made are held onto.
    It's almost 10:30...Chanel walk down is beginning...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:19 AM
    You sure you don't want to cover and make a quick $5,000+? I don't know what will happen, but my brain and gut tell me the upside is more likely than the downside. Also, you might ultimately be right, but can you ride out any pop associated with upside sales numbers and ER. It may pop and then work back down but you need to be able to ride it out with nerves of steel? Good luck, I guess.
    03-01-13 09:24 AM
    Have you thought about the possibility that you sell @ $17 and have to re-purchase @ $25? It's a dangerous game and not for the faint hearted.

Good luck
    That's exactly right. That's why when I do sell I'll move on to other stock. I'll still be a Blackberry fan and own Blackberry products, but I only play with stocks short time and then move on.
    03-01-13 09:25 AM
    That's exactly right. That's why when I do sell I'll move on to other stock. I'll still be a Blackberry fan and own Blackberry products, but I only play with stocks short time and then move on.
    Yip, you don't want to get emotionally attached.
    03-01-13 09:43 AM
113,256 ... 277278279280281 ...