View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

    693 62.77%
  • No

    411 37.23%
  1. DragonFlyer's Avatar
    Sorry ... no single company should be anyone's investment. This is not investing ,it is wishful thinking. Only do this type of investing if you don't care if you lose. Gerard would be better off in investing in himself by taking investing courses. There will always be chances to get in on "the bottom floor".
    I didn't realize he had all his eggs in one basket. Definately not a good idea.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:56 PM
  2. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    Sorry ... no single company should be anyone's investment. This is not investing ,it is wishful thinking. Only do this type of investing if you don't care if you lose. Gerard would be better off in investing in himself by taking investing courses. There will always be chances to get in on "the bottom floor".
    Good advice for sure, everyone here should be prepared for a bit of a bath if they get trapped in a fast slide and need out quick.
    02-28-13 10:00 PM
  3. Kid Vibe's Avatar
    I didn't realize he had all his eggs in one basket. Definately not a good idea.
    I actually disagree with this quote, but that's just me. In 6 months I will tell you how it works out...
    02-28-13 10:04 PM
  4. chrysaurora's Avatar
    If we see another bull run (stock rallying up to $18), I'd be tempted to sell. I have been tempted so many times but then I think 'what if short-squeeze starts right after I sell?' so I don't sell. But what do you think guys? Will it hit $18 in next couple of weeks (buy the rumour, as US launch nears and ER report comes due) and will it crash (sell the news) as it has been doing over last few months?

    Maybe I should sell HALF of my positions at $18. If it goes down again, re-purchase them. If not, well, then I'd still have half of my positions in the play to ride up the short-squeeze! Hmm... or maybe, just keep holding as I have been holding since October and not worry about making money on major swings ($13 to $18ish is about 30% swing and it has happened few times).

    I am tempted but also scared. I don't think I have the stomach for selling so early in the game. My original plan was to wait and 'decide' AFTER hearing June ER. But now, these frequent swings have me tempted and scared at the same time.
    02-28-13 10:05 PM
  5. lcjr's Avatar
    Does anyone here have a definitive sell point?
    Hey Kid, I'm out at $21.00, but that won't be for a while. I'll be tempted at $18.00 but will hold out until $21 hits.
    02-28-13 10:11 PM
  6. Kid Vibe's Avatar
    Hey Kid, I'm out at $21.00, but that won't be for a while. I'll be tempted at $18.00 but will hold out until $21 hits.
    Ya, those are the price ranges I'm thinking... But I might just make stop-limits, so once it hits 18-20, I can put an order to sell if it dips under my target price. Not sure though, it depends on how sales are going and so on.
    02-28-13 10:16 PM
  7. lcjr's Avatar
    Sorry ... no single company should be anyone's investment. This is not investing ,it is wishful thinking. Only do this type of investing if you don't care if you lose. Gerard would be better off in investing in himself by taking investing courses. There will always be chances to get in on "the bottom floor".
    I'm with the Kid on this one and will disagree. Right now I'm playing with money earned from other stocks. Each played individually or "all in one basket". When you see one and feel right about it, try it out. I won with TSLA, NOK, and BAC. Not huge mind you because I'm not throwing gold at these things. But after I sell off htese BBRY shares later, I'll move on to another opportunity. To each his own I guess.
    02-28-13 10:16 PM
  8. lcjr's Avatar
    Ya, those are the price ranges I'm thinking... But I might just make stop-limits, so once it hits 18-20, I can put an order to sell if it dips under my target price. Not sure though, it depends on how sales are going and so on.
    Makes since. I recommend you decide at a point and stick to it. Remember when this one hit $18 and those that intended to sell didn't and then it plumeted. We could have made our money twice already. hang in there.
    02-28-13 10:19 PM
  9. Bbnivende's Avatar
    Hey Kid, I'm out at $21.00, but that won't be for a while. I'll be tempted at $18.00 but will hold out until $21 hits.
    That is a good plan.

    Take some profits and then invest a smaller amount for the long term.

    You don't want to be invest in a company for the long term until there are only small doubts that the company will survive .
    02-28-13 10:20 PM
  10. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    I did that...bought a bunch then sold little less than half and got my original stake out. But, I plowed it all back in a couple weeks ago when it was time for a stand so now in pretty large again...might pull some if it hits 17 before the numbers come out...if it doesn't hit that will be watching pretty close and likely place some protection stops.

    Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 10:32 PM
  11. lcjr's Avatar
    If we see another bull run (stock rallying up to $18), I'd be tempted to sell. I have been tempted so many times but then I think 'what if short-squeeze starts right after I sell?' so I don't sell. But what do you think guys? Will it hit $18 in next couple of weeks (buy the rumour, as US launch nears and ER report comes due) and will it crash (sell the news) as it has been doing over last few months?

    Maybe I should sell HALF of my positions at $18. If it goes down again, re-purchase them. If not, well, then I'd still have half of my positions in the play to ride up the short-squeeze! Hmm... or maybe, just keep holding as I have been holding since October and not worry about making money on major swings ($13 to $18ish is about 30% swing and it has happened few times).

    I am tempted but also scared. I don't think I have the stomach for selling so early in the game. My original plan was to wait and 'decide' AFTER hearing June ER. But now, these frequent swings have me tempted and scared at the same time.
    I understand exactly how you feel. I'll say this and hope I don't get jumped all over for giving investment advice because I'm not. You have to decide if you're a long time invester or a short timer. Or perhaps a combo of both. You could sell at $18, then see what happens and go from there. Since we don't have a crystal ball, it's often best to make a plan and then stick to it. As witnessed with this stock, $18 would have been the perfect selling point, then buy more on a dip, then sell again on a peak, etc... But if you don't stick to a plan, you'll never make a decision. This is my opinion only and it doesn't work for everyone, just works for me.
    02-28-13 10:34 PM
  12. DragonFlyer's Avatar
    I'm starting to think I don't belong here anymore. I am holding out for $50 and then put a stop loss on half my position. Of coarse that can and does change many times as I re-evaluate.
    primusd likes this.
    02-28-13 11:02 PM
  13. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    Lol...I'm with ya for a good chunk too

    Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:18 PM
  14. Sqoon's Avatar
    While it would be nice to have been able to produce enough to meet the demand, given their limited cash position they couldn't risk overproducing, and have extraneous inventory sitting around. Like happened with the PlayBook.

    One person might call it sh*ting the bed, another would call it being conservative with their cash.
    The company was not pegging it's entire future on the PlayBook, they are on BlackBerry 10. It makes no sense to produce a small amount.

    Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-28-13 11:41 PM
  15. chrysaurora's Avatar
    I'm starting to think I don't belong here anymore. I am holding out for $50 and then put a stop loss on half my position. Of coarse that can and does change many times as I re-evaluate.
    Well, I am on record saying that BlackBerry stock will be $75 to $125 by Jan 2014. So, I have been actually holding out for $75!

    This is the first time I've ever invested / purchased stock. I bought BB stock and BB options when stock was $7ish. At that time, I had very very little knowledge about the market. So, I bought it and started coming to this thread and started learning from good people posting on this thread. My original plan was (is) to invest and wait until June 2014 earning report (ER) and then re-evaluate if I am going to continue holding or if I'll sell at that time. I didn't think I'd ever monitor stock price like a lot of investors do! But lo and behold, I have become one of those myself, and I monitor stock price day-in and day-out. I read every tiny morsel of news about BBRY. It is consuming me! lol

    As I said, originally, I didn't even plan to monitor stock price on weekly basis. But now that I have been monitoring it on almost real-time basis, I can tell you that I have seen this stock going close to $18 and then gone back to $13ish several times. A savvy investor would have sold at peaks and then re-purchased at dips but because I didn't have the knowledge I missed first few peaks/valleys simply because I wasn't even expecting that to happen. I wasn't even expecting that I will be monitoring this as much as I am!

    Anyway, after missing many peaks/valleys, and after learning from posts on this thread, I prepared myself to take the plunge and sell some of my positions at $17 and then re-buy at $13ish. But I chickened out.. I didn't do it. I held on. Now, I am thinking, I will sell HALF of my positions at $17.5 and then buy again at $14ish. That is, if I don't chicken out again.

    I feel my original plan (waiting until June 2014 before deciding on what to do with my position) is also a good plan. But now that I've seen this stock going up and down on regular cycles, I am tempted to try this (selling on peaks, buying back on valleys) once. Hope I don't chicken out again.
    03-01-13 12:18 AM
  16. morlock_man's Avatar
    Does anyone here have a definitive sell point?
    About 5-7 years from now.

    Give the platform time to mature.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 12:23 AM
  17. DudeBB's Avatar
    SELL!!! SELL!!! SELL!!! Tomorrow it is going RED!. Look at gas prices. It went down too sharp today. Consequently gas prices will go up tomorrow , economy/market down. But be considerable, today (more exactly on Friday means tomorrow) was RIM's end of fiscal year and Monday can be jump with low probability.
    The best way is to sell in the morning and buy back at the end of the day.
    Last edited by DudeBB; 03-01-13 at 01:16 AM.
    03-01-13 12:49 AM
  18. plane6065's Avatar
    SELL!!! SELL!!! SELL!!! Tomorrow it is going RED!. Look at gas prices. It went down too sharp today. Consequently gas prices will go up tomorrow , economy/market down. But be considerable, today was RIM's end of fiscal year and Monday can be jump with low probability.
    I see there is more US budget cut tomorrow... And more cuts to mental health care. Good to have private insurance. sorry dude.
    03-01-13 01:00 AM
  19. DudeBB's Avatar
    I see there is more US budget cut tomorrow... And more cuts to mental health care. Good to have private insurance. sorry dude.
    In terms of economy it means that gov't gives less money to public. Less money means less spending - bad thing to the economy and to the market accordingly. Thanks for the confirmation. It is another evidence that I'm right. Furthermore, Canadian dollar became stronger today what is bad for the Canadian economy. RIM is a Canadian company. Cheers!!!
    03-01-13 01:08 AM
  20. plane6065's Avatar
    [QUOTE=DudeBB;8051769]In terms of economy it means that gov't gives less money to public. Less money means less spending - bad thing to the economy and to the market accordingly. Thanks for the confirmation. It is another evidence that I'm right. Furthermore, Canadian dollar became stronger today what is bad for the Canadian economy. RIM is a Canadian company. Cheers!!![/

    Yes, you are right BB stocks maybe red tomorrow, as well as most stocks. End of the month, which means rent payment and bills for most people. It is also weekend and for most that means party, going out and drinking. People need money so they will sell some stock for money. Cheers!!
    03-01-13 01:24 AM
  21. DIA.NSA.CIA's Avatar
    BlackBerry to Announce Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results on Thursday, March 28th, 2013

    Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will be reporting results for the fourth quarter and year-end of fiscal 2013 on March 28, 2013. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-800-814-4859 or through your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet at Investor Events - Canada .


    A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am by dialing (+1)416-640-1917 and entering pass code 4501383# or by clicking the link above on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet. This replay will be available until midnight ET April 11, 2013.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-01-13 01:26 AM
  22. Superfly_FR's Avatar
    I actually disagree with this quote, but that's just me. In 6 months I will tell you how it works out...
    I'm on the same boat (only have a few institutional shares) and I understand perfectly your point of view.
    Yet, on a general point of view, this is not a good practice to play a single value, unless the amount you/we invest is so tiny one could consider it as a "start"
    03-01-13 04:51 AM
  23. Superfly_FR's Avatar
    SELL!!! SELL!!! SELL!!! Tomorrow it is going RED!. Look at gas prices. It went down too sharp today. Consequently gas prices will go up tomorrow , economy/market down. But be considerable, today (more exactly on Friday means tomorrow) was RIM's end of fiscal year and Monday can be jump with low probability.
    The best way is to sell in the morning and buy back at the end of the day.
    Repeated instructions with massive usage of exclamation marks and caps are often synonym of: *ignore*
    justsayin'
    03-01-13 04:56 AM
  24. greggebhardt's Avatar
    I see there is more US budget cut tomorrow... And more cuts to mental health care. Good to have private insurance. sorry dude.

    SELL could make more sense than BUY for today.
    03-01-13 06:20 AM
  25. MrBurns2U's Avatar
    Have you thought about the possibility that you sell @ $17 and have to re-purchase @ $25? It's a dangerous game and not for the faint hearted.

    Good luck
    kfh227 and JayChouHD like this.
    03-01-13 06:44 AM
104,878 ... 276277278279280 ...

Similar Threads

  1. Does the Motion have the paratek antenna?
    By Steve Pogue in forum BlackBerry Motion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-13-18, 01:33 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-17, 12:06 AM
  3. Will Hub+ work on the new Google Pixelbook?
    By danosman in forum BlackBerry HUB+ Suite
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-17, 08:42 AM
  4. BlackBerry highlights the impact of KRACK vulnerability on BlackBerry products
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-17, 04:10 PM
  5. Hub and Viber notifications broken
    By LyoobaBerry in forum BlackBerry HUB+ Suite
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-17, 03:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD