View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Neither Apple nor IBM offers a secure network.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2322...and-blackberry

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    07-18-14 09:13 AM
    OT (but not quite OT) Alert:
    I have a small piece of anecdotal information that may be of some value to anyone interested in making some quick calcs or projections...

I have been dealing with Verizon (US) and BlackBerry technical support for an issue with my Z30. I'll try keep a long story short, but if you are interested in the details, you may refer to my post on another thread a few weeks ago. Anyhow, after having my case escalated several times within Verizon, then BlackBerry, I was dealing with several network engineers. Last night I was on a conference call with Verizon and BlackBerry, and the Verizon rep mentioned the issue I was having appeared to be very unique and then said (paraphrasing), "Considering Verizon has well over 1 million Z30's currently on its network, it does not seem to be an issue with any other Z30's or else it would be well documented. In fact, we almost never receive technical support calls on any Z30's, but get flooded with calls on iPhones (...acknowledging there are quite a few more iPhones than Z30's on the network)". I thought to myself, not bad. Later and independently, the BlackBerry rep said something similar (again paraphrasing), "Our database shows almost 2 million Z30's on Verizon's network"! We later concluded the conversation all agreeing that the Z30 was a top notch device, and I explained I wouldn't ever consider a downgrade to any other device.

So there you have it! Almost 2 million Z30's sold to date on Verizon. Take the information as you will, but I must say, it's more than I expected!
    sidhuk, Korepab, smart548 and 20 others like this.
    07-18-14 09:15 AM
    Look like the option writers are taking control the SP today. Both sides want to nail it at $10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-14 09:33 AM
    OT (but not quite OT) Alert:
    I have a small piece of anecdotal information that may be of some value to anyone interested in making some quick calcs or projections...

I have been dealing with Verizon (US) and BlackBerry technical support for an issue with my Z30. I'll try keep a long story short, but if you are interested in the details, you may refer to my post on another thread a few weeks ago. Anyhow, after having my case escalated several times within Verizon, then BlackBerry, I was dealing with several network engineers. Last night I was on a conference call with Verizon and BlackBerry, and the Verizon rep mentioned the issue I was having appeared to be very unique and then said (paraphrasing), "Considering Verizon has well over 1 million Z30's currently on its network, it does not seem to be an issue with any other Z30's or else it would be well documented. In fact, we almost never receive technical support calls on any Z30's, but get flooded with calls on iPhones (...acknowledging there are quite a few more iPhones than Z30's on the network)". I thought to myself, not bad. Later and independently, the BlackBerry rep said something similar (again paraphrasing), "Our database shows almost 2 million Z30's on Verizon's network"! We later concluded the conversation all agreeing that the Z30 was a top notch device, and I explained I wouldn't ever consider a downgrade to any other device.

So there you have it! Almost 2 million Z30's sold to date on Verizon. Take the information as you will, but I must say, it's more than I expected!
    woah what?! 2 million z30's just on verizon? Wtf?! If that's true I'm selling all my other stocks and buying more BBRY. How is that possible?
    07-18-14 09:37 AM
    Anyone want to whip a chart out, just for fun?

Posted via CB10
    Just for fun.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20140718_00000.jpg
    one year

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20140718_00001.jpg
    six months

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20140718_00002.jpg
    Three months

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20140718_00003.jpg
    One month

BB10 4 ME
    07-18-14 09:40 AM
    Apple is down ...OMFG..is that a whistle sound???

Eazzy Peazzy
    No, that's just apples CEO walking backwards.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:11 AM
    woah what?! 2 million z30's just on verizon? Wtf?! If that's true I'm selling all my other stocks and buying more BBRY. How is that possible?
    2 million since Nov 2013? Not great at all. Sounds good, but in hindsight, it isn't.
    07-18-14 10:50 AM
    2 million since Nov 2013? Not great at all. Sounds good, but in hindsight, it isn't.
    I guess that depends on the scale you're looking at.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:56 AM
    This is amazing news. 2 million is awesome with no advertising in a market that mostly HATES the brand.

Now the white Z30 can be bought for $399! This will help.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 11:19 AM
    I guess that depends on the scale you're looking at.
    I'm personally surprised by two million Z30s being sold in the U.S. The Z30 had virtually no advertising, and no visibility. I've never personally seen one, and most people don't seem to know about it.

Very interesting... I'd guess they are mostly in the hands of corporate users that upgraded. It's kind of encouraging, actually.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-18-14 11:24 AM
    Just for fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIR_20140718_00000.jpg 
Views:	1649 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	285692
    one year

Name:	AIR_20140718_00001.jpg 
Views:	1648 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	285693
    six months

Name:	AIR_20140718_00002.jpg 
Views:	1646 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	285694
    Three months

Name:	AIR_20140718_00003.jpg 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	285695
    One month

BB10 4 ME
    Thanks. That's great. Those charts seem to predict the past absolutely brilliantly.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    07-18-14 11:28 AM
    Don't forget...dead company, zero market share...one carrier.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-18-14 11:29 AM
    Hi all:

Here's a quick update of my BBRY chart:

- Yesterday trade created a long inverted hammer. The shadow is very long, and the body is very small. These mean that the selling pressure bottomed out. It is a good indication that there is not a lot of sellers wanting to sell below the bottom range of the SP, which was around $9.7x. I added around this range. Today, we see a bounce, which confirms that hammer from yesterday.

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-07-18-12.17.16-pm.png
    07-18-14 11:40 AM
    I'm sorry, but I've heard a few times in here that this drop 'had to happen'. If so, why on earth didn't we all sell before it happened? I sold right before the drop, but that was pure coincidence. If any of the charts can tell me whether we will be up or down next week, that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-18-14 11:54 AM
    I'm sorry, but I've heard a few times in here that this drop 'had to happen'. If so, why on earth didn't we all sell before it happened? I sold right before the drop, but that was pure coincidence. If any of the charts can tell me whether we will be up or down next week, that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I reduced as well but I got back in for good.
    There's just too much good news lately.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:03 PM
    I reduced as well but I got back in for good.
    There's just too much good news lately.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I think many of us just did that swing trade. We just don't glorify like some of the experts here. Yes, was too much good news. This thread is great.

07-18-14 12:08 PM
    Does anyone else have problem sometimes with editing a post, and having it double-post!?

Frustrating. Sorry gang.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-18-14 at 12:38 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-14 12:13 PM

Zack needs a judo-chop to three throat.
    Yeah Baby!

So do we go with the general consensus and say that this was a well timed stock price manipulation, or do we say that is was just a correction based upon options expiry, aided by perhaps Apple bulls launching their blatant propaganda to follow(?)

I'll side with the later.
    07-18-14 12:14 PM
    Oh Noooooooo. Another company there to Kill blackberry only. Not sure why whole world is working against this already dead company?
    (warning. Click Trap)
    http://bgr.com/2014/07/18/blackberry...Genius+Report)

07-18-14 12:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because I'm long and unexperimented. Trading fees plus change ($CAN to Euro) make every move quite tricky for my tiny number of shares (1K avg $10.5). Unless I can count on my fingers I'd grab substencial (% wise) gains, there's no reason I go for such a risk.
    Under $15 there's zero change I press any button. Even there, it'll be only for in-out out-in purposes.

Some have been burned here playing this game, this is not something I'd suggest unless used to it and sufficient portfolio to balance the risk.
    But yes, as discussed here, technically, this curve had to flattern and test "lows", whatever the news are (note: they can trigger the dip; timing do matters).

Rookie sayin'
    07-18-14 12:17 PM
    07-18-14 12:19 PM
    Look like the option writers are taking control the SP today. Both sides want to nail it at $10.
    Sigmund Freud at work again.
    07-18-14 12:24 PM
    So some anecdotal news...

My family hosts adoption groups from the Ukraine here in the states and a number of the orphanage workers came over this time as well. I hadn't had a chance to hang out with the very much even though one is staying in my house. Last night I'm eating diner with them all and I hear a familiar chirp across the table. I look up and the lady is sitting there going to town messaging on her Z10. I struck up a conversation with her about it and she couldn't stop saying how much she loved it. As soon as she got the the states she had gone out and purchased her new BlackBerry and told me she would never go back to her iPhone. Thought you all might enjoy hearing that as its the first one I've seen in the wild.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    07-18-14 12:25 PM
    OT: excerpt of today's Mobile Iron press release about a client win. Check out the spin/wordsmithing in paragraph 2 where it says "Headquartered in Herndon, VA with more than 2 million users in over 80 countries, Deltek provides...". The statement seems to imply this win will cover a BYOD program for 2 million users. A huge win. In fact, the "About Deltek" section clarifies that the 2 million users are users of Deltek's services/products, not the number of users covered by Deltek's BYOD program or number of licenses MobileIron just won. According to Deltek's website they have 1,800 employees worldwide. So it's a good win, but not as great as a quick read of the press release.

Love it!

Full release:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/deltek...120000905.html

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --�MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL), a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM), today announced that Deltek, the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses, has selected MobileIron to support the roll out of its Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.

Headquartered in Herndon, VA with more than 2 million users in over 80 countries, Deltek provides a broad set of business solutions that deliver actionable insights and empower organizations to manage the complete project lifecycle - from winning to new projects to delivering them on time and on budget for their customers.� To help connect its global workforce, Deltek was looking for a mobile IT platform to support its migration from corporate-owned BlackBerry devices to a BYOD model that encouraged employee choice, enabled collaboration and improved productivity.

<<SNIP>>

About Deltek
    Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services firms and government contractors. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 18,000 organizations and 2 million users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, optimize resources, streamline operations, and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek - Know more. Do more.� www.deltek.com.

About MobileIron
    MobileIron provides the foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
    SOURCE MobileIron
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-18-14 12:26 PM
    Just for fun.

Name:	AIR_20140718_00000.jpg 
Views:	1649 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	285692
    one year

Name:	AIR_20140718_00001.jpg 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	285693
    six months

Name:	AIR_20140718_00002.jpg 
Views:	1646 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	285694
    Three months

Name:	AIR_20140718_00003.jpg 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	285695
    One month

BB10 4 ME
    ... Notice the lack of Bollinger bands?
    That is because one is positioned in such a way as to give me an extreme wedgie, the other has a partial strangle hold, then drops down around 'me bullocks' and... well, you get the idea.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-18-14 12:27 PM
113,256 ... 27392740274127422743 ...