View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Uhhh.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140716_224202.png

Tomorrow's just another day

Posted via CB10
    zyben and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-16-14 03:54 PM
    Haha, I guess options expiry it is. Actually worrying to see how easily something so large and visible can be pushed around.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 1 others like this.
    07-16-14 03:58 PM
    07-16-14 04:04 PM
    Haha, I guess options expiry it is. Actually worrying to see how easily something so large and visible can be pushed around.

Posted via CB10
    Is this the last gasp of the shorts before they go under for the final (and LONG awaited) time?

BB10 4 ME
    07-16-14 04:18 PM
    Now MSFT will get serious about the enterprise market share as PCs are declining, windows phone not doing superb so it has to response to IBM/Apple partnership some how. Amazon pushing into mobile,Google/samsung should be worried too. I won't be surprised to see more takeover rumours now
    07-16-14 04:22 PM
    Now MSFT will get serious about the enterprise market share as PCs are declining, windows phone not doing superb so it has to response to IBM/Apple partnership some how. Amazon pushing into mobile,Google/samsung should be worried too. I won't be surprised to see more takeover rumours now
    Buy the rumor...
    Sell the news.

BB10 4 ME
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-16-14 04:24 PM
    Intel numbers yesterday showed the opposite regarding declining PC market. I doubt Microsoft is interested to make another acquisition at the moment. They're on the verge of announcing layoffs, specifically those from the Nokia acquisition.

Imo, Google has the pockets deep enough to make such acquisition and likely get it through regulatory approvals.

I don't think amazon is a real player here. All of their involvement in mobile is only done for the purpose of pushing their marketplace and services, which for the most part, are consumer facing.
    07-16-14 04:50 PM
    Perhaps JC should test the waters and start selling an exclusive BES-enabled Windows device (they would generate some extra revenue, and not lose credibility because BB10 will remain number 1 for security).. they'd add some IP to it (both typing on touch + keyboard is better on BB10) and eventually 'invite' Microsoft into their Amazon-deal.

Build bridges! It would make Microsoft look really intelligent in a few years time
    07-16-14 05:09 PM
    Man it's greyed out in here. Just as I thought it would be. But don't let TODD take up too much space.

Last edited by bungaboy; 07-17-14 at 05:36 AM.
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-16-14 06:04 PM
    Sooo what really happen?

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    07-16-14 06:35 PM
    The Security Summit that JC had mentioned during the last Earnings Call has been announced:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-07-16-4.59.36-pm.png

BlackBerry Security Summit Being Held On July 29th In NYC | N4BB
    07-16-14 07:27 PM
    Sooo what really happen?

? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Did you mean what really happened? Nothing really.

The news came out yesterday after the market closed and the stock held pretty steady down 3%. Today the stock dropped by almost 12% on the same old news because it was now perceived as a bad news for BBRY and the SP tanked.

Shorts are probably laughing to the bank because they happily picked up the shares to cover their short positions. I hope those who sold today at least locked in a profit instead of taking a loss.

Interactive Charts
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-14 07:37 PM
    OT:
    Since this was a tough day, a very red day... let me offer a bit of escapism to the car buffs out there.
    With any luck, tomorrow, I'll be able to post something more consistent with the British Racing Green theme we are all fond of around here...

Let's keep the faith!

morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    07-16-14 08:37 PM
    07-16-14 08:45 PM
    OT:
    Since this was a tough day, a very red day... let me offer a bit of escapism to the car buffs out there.
    With any luck, tomorrow, I'll be able to post something more consistent with the British Racing Green theme we are all fond of around here...

Let's keep the faith!

If you're going BRG, stick to the real deal

My daily driver
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-16-14 08:52 PM
    If you're going BRG, stick to the real deal
    http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps487d144b.jpg

My daily driver
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-16-14 09:06 PM
    07-16-14 10:45 PM
    Thanks again. Really good read indeed.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-17-14 12:44 AM
    Now below the magic $10.00 threshold...

*edit: $9.92 and falling. I want to buy back in, but figured this might happen if it dropped below 10.
    I can't see any reason for this other than 10 seems to be a stabilizing point. Probably Freudian logic due to Prem's early 'deal'(?)
    People may think that no matter what, BlackBerry is still worth that.
    07-17-14 01:05 AM
    "WEDDINGS ARE EASY. MARRIAGES TAKE TIME"

LOL - nicely said.

One correction on his other blurb:
    IBM+Apple = (The NEW) BlackBerry.

I for one like this guy. True grit. Nice delivery.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-17-14 at 01:33 AM.
    CDM76, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-17-14 01:22 AM
    Could someone in the know please comment on the install percentages of BESx vs. What IBM offers?
    We know BlackBerry dominates the corporate side with something like 80%, but I am a bit confused on this.

Thanks.
    07-17-14 01:25 AM
    Just heard in the TV news that SAP is doing very well with cloud services and rental cloud software. They would be the perfect partner for BlackBerry IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    07-17-14 02:03 AM
    Just heard in the TV news that SAP is doing very well with cloud services and rental cloud software. They would be the perfect partner for BlackBerry IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Watching the IIC member list almost every day now...

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-17-14 02:20 AM
    Although on paper the IBM/apple deal seems good I can't see it lasting because of cultural differences.*

*apologies if someone has made this point, my new house still has no phone or internet and thus I am missing days of conversation at a time.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    07-17-14 04:29 AM
    Although on paper the IBM/apple deal seems good I can't see it lasting because of cultural differences.*

*apologies if someone has made this point, my new house still has no phone or internet and thus I am missing days of conversation at a time.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    Only time will reallly tell.

The perception is that it was good for Apple and bad news for Blackberry. Lets hope that yesterday was an over reaction and today sanity will rule!

We will know very soon.
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    07-17-14 05:40 AM
113,250 ... 27342735273627372738 ...