Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More

View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Yes I did but honestly my testicles were sitting in my throat on earnings morning. I was in Hawaii and woke up at 130 am =730am est. The relief I had was beyond comprehension when I opened my stock browner and the price was +9$. I also had 50k shares for the June 2013 massacre and I lost $200k that I had made in BBRY so I ended up even but the pain of that day lasted a very long time. The reason I am back is JC. A strong leader trumps all. He will lead us to the promised land. Much thanks to all the posters here including Morgan.

If you truly put around $800,000.00 in this stock when all the doom and nay says came out in full force, you deserve making million profit.
    I owned only less than half # of your shares with average around $12.
    Congratulation on your great move.
    07-09-14 06:41 PM
    If this knox news is true, this could really bode well for BlackBerry.....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    07-09-14 06:43 PM
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy..
    Look at what I got for you goodberry folks..

This beaten stock could be worth another look | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance
    07-09-14 06:46 PM
    Like the title! Sure gonna hurt spam FUD sites like BGR.

Myth Busting BlackBerry Style

By Lori Castle, Editor in Chief — July 09, 2014

Myth Busting BlackBerry Style | News | Mobile Enterprise(ME)

Like the famous movie line. "I'm as mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore," BlackBerry has had enough. In June, the company launched the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal (#BBFactCheck) "a place for us to hold our competitors accountable for what they say, when what they say is wrong," according to Mark Wilson, Senior Vice President, Marketing for BlackBerry.

With the dearth of news and marketing from BlackBerry in the last several years, the competition had ample time to propagandize. Between this promotion, consumerization and the lack of a compelling case many IT shops had for sticking with BlackBerry, other solution providers made true gains.

Not, however, as many as they claim; nor have those other solutions evolved beyond the best-in-class security standards BlackBerry was known for, according to the company, which is now going about setting the record straight.

President of Enterprise Services at BlackBerry, John Sims, said there is a disconnect between the market perception about BlackBerry and the reality of its capabilities today and in the near future. During the recent BlackBerry Experience tour, he was quick to cite what he said were more accurate user base numbers for both his organization and those known to be leading the market.

As BlackBerry has started coming back, it has been a specific focus of the competition in press releases, presentations, whitepapers and so on. Wilson wrote in the Inside BlackBerry Blog, "As we've been working through this transition, there have been many vocal voices from competitors trying to incite fear, uncertainty and doubt about BlackBerry. In doing so, sensationalized reports surrounding our viability and misperceptions about our product portfolio have crowded the airwaves. Given this environment, we must fight back. And BlackBerry's best offense is to present the facts."

Myth Busting
    So far the portal has taken on data security, migration to and from BlackBerry, government market share, Samsung KNOX and a false deal with Volkswagen. The latest check takes on Good Technology—one of BlackBerry's "most vocal (and misleading) competitors."

An infographic comparing the two companies had been updated by BlackBerry with the official #BBFactCheck stamp and editor's marks in classic red pen style. The blog states, "Take today's #BBFactCheck on this Good Technology 'whitepaper,' in which they compare themselves to a 2010-era BlackBerry. Four years passed is an eternity in technology years. Needless to say, Good needs to make some…tweaks. Since we're the subject of this material, we thought we could provide some useful feedback and show Good what they're actually trying to compete against."

Get Involved
    BlackBerry wants this initiative to serve as a "one-stop reference" and is encouraging users to get involved. "The BlackBerry Fact Check Portal is a two-way platform—so if you see a work of fiction from one of our competitors, we want to hear about it. Tell us about it here and make sure you frequent the Portal for the latest in our fight for the facts."
    07-09-14 06:49 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, zyben and 1 others like this.
    07-09-14 06:54 PM

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    07-09-14 07:02 PM
    So it's pretty well established that Knox has less market share worldwide then BlackBerry has in Cupertino....Sammy has lost how much profit stream last ER?, Apple is bricking phones faster than IXL makes real bricks...whose left to secure enterprise? Good is losing money faster than the US treasury, who else can fill the needs of the upcoming product cycle?

All rise....rise and greet the dead company's rebirth.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-09-14 07:09 PM
    Great stock run. It doesn't seem very speculative either. I feel fine with my modest Holdings. But you guys are crushing me talking about tens of thousands of shares. Lol. Let's see this company go cash flow positive next quarter and the stock go through the roof.

IPhone 6 will be a beast though. For BlackBerry it might push the android developer out of the high end though and so knock out competition for the passport and classic.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-09-14 07:18 PM
    Samsung's KNOX Theme Song! Just released.

07-09-14 07:25 PM
    I don't mean to gloat here, but ..............

How is the "pairs trade" working out for everyone at Seeking Alpha, Motley Fool and CNBC? Is it still a long AAPL short BBRY situation we've got here?

And, does anybody know if ARI WALD, you know, the guy who went on CNBC just prior to BBRY's last ER and said, "the charts are screaming $ 6.00/shr soon". Does he have a job still?

Finally, how's viewership at CNBC, is anybody watching that lame channel?

I feel better now! That was 12 months of frustration coming out there. LOL

On a more serious note, today was spectacular to say the least, we made the second highest close in 12 months today and should do much better in the days ahead.
    Mr. Morgan!

Times have changed indeed... BB has lots of upside but more importantly, have some how swayed the media away for the time being. Great for the shareholders. JC has done a magnificent job of being straight to the point and not making any false promises along the way. A great CEO thus far, which you can tell from body language and how he processes his answers... Why did I sell again? Ha.
    07-09-14 07:27 PM
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy..
    Look at what I got for you goodberry folks..

This beaten stock could be worth another look | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance
    Thanks, tatail.

Some positive comments but I have a hard time with these guys, generally. Case in point:

At about 2:57: "...it's about the ONX division for software..."... I rest my case!

I think we collectively know more about BBRY's business than they do...

Still, The Times They Are A Changin!
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-09-14 at 08:14 PM.
    07-09-14 07:41 PM
    How about a bit of Passport Candy (those are renders!) to celebrate this rather positive day?

Courtesy of BerryFlow and Pootermobile!
    BlackBerry Passport in Red, Blue, White/Gold and All Black -
    The World Of Pootermobile

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-black.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-gold.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-red.png
    07-09-14 07:47 PM
    BTW, looking at those renders, I am reminded of this:

From: Page 2 - BlackBerry CEO John Chen Is Creating the Unimaginable: Optimism

Chen also discussed with Bloomberg Television his newest hire, Ron Louks, now president of Devices and Emerging Solutions, who brings something emotional to BlackBerry that Chen doesn't. "What impressed me about Ron is … he's in touch with not only the technology and design to make a phone great, but how people like the phone … That level of skill I need to have … I'm a very factual engineer … but he knows what a cool phone is. I'd love for him to help us there."
    We haven't really heard much from Mr. Louks but I hope he is working is magic...
    07-09-14 07:52 PM
    The more I see of this damned phone, the more I feel it's becoming my next must have. I've been holding out, on my final choice, to see what they have in the funnel for their next all touch as I've fallen in love with the BB virtual keyboard but these renders, even if close, are making it hard.... my decision that is
    07-09-14 07:56 PM
    The more I see of this damned phone, the more I feel it's becoming my next must have. I've been holding out, on my final choice, to see what they have in the funnel for their next all touch as I've fallen in love with the BB virtual keyboard but these renders, even if close, are making it hard.... my decision that is
    yea lol. I want that red ome with a black peek through case... *drool
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    07-09-14 07:59 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    zyben, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-09-14 08:12 PM
    This is amazing. BlackBerry got some horns for the bulls on this thread! They needed to answer back to all these other sub par emm companies acting like they are champs when they are in fact garbage.

I think they need to personally send this fact check to all the IT and CIOs of companies using these junk emm solutions so they can wake up.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:28 PM
    Damn some people here have way more shares than me loll unfortunately I bought during TH days so my entry is still pretty high $16 or so I havn't added to my position since, had to be safe. Don't plan on selling until $19 CAD but im holding over 20k shares. LETS FAST FORWARD TO FEW MONTHS AHEAD! i'd love to have a $50 SP party first lol
    07-09-14 08:33 PM
    I'm stuck to the wall with my Z10 as well to be honest...

Posted via CB10
    I'll give you that, but it I had an extra battery. No such thingy with iPhone. =
    07-09-14 08:43 PM
    Thanks Morgan!

I am sure you are expressing our collective feelings.

PS: As for our friend Ari, we should remind ourselves to pencil him in to our $100 party...
    Yes, we require a donkey to pin the tail to.

I have a nice stanley air nailer. That otta-do-it.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-09-14 at 09:15 PM.
    07-09-14 08:50 PM
    There are so many positives with BB right now but the Passport renders alone are the reason I jumped back in with (only) 1k shares a few days ago! Really sweet looking, simple, functional, different, valid... Dare I say, innovative! ... They've taken a risk with the form factor but are onto something exciting here

Been lurking in the background on the thread, congrats to all of you for holding onto dear life! Gotta hand it to you guys for sticking to your guns.
    Last edited by m0de25; 07-10-14 at 03:34 AM.
    07-09-14 09:05 PM
    Ok, I'll give Corbu a break, and keep the ball rolling for you night time geeks:

http://bgr.com/2014/07/09/smartphone...usReport+(BGR+

Hmm, Canadian battery technology would bode well for a future BlackBerry handset.
    07-09-14 09:23 PM
    Thanks, tatail.

Some positive comments but I have a hard time with these guys, generally. Case in point:

At about 2:57: "...it's about the ONX division for software..."... I rest my case!

I think we collectively know more about BBRY's business than they do...

Still, The Times They Are A Changin!

The point I wanted to create here was to show you good folks that even some of the naysayers are taking notice of BB.

You are right, we know every bit about this company than anyone else.
    We are here to make money as well as support what we like, so ought to know more than them..
    07-09-14 11:26 PM
    guys sell now???

Wait to drop to 10 again buy another 5k?

Or do you think this is the pull where it will slowly climb to 20 dollars now?

Because we all know it will hit 20 dollars....its obvious but when?
    07-10-14 12:12 AM
    I got a chuckle out of this, first thought that entered my head was maybe Thorsten was right...

Tech Yeah! Why consumers are buying fewer tablets - CNBC

Perhaps nice foresight by JC to not pour any more money into tablet development.
    07-10-14 12:55 AM
105,942 ... 27152716271727182719 ...