View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Up .12 and .19 down south...green is good.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 03:08 PM
    Was that a typo? because as far as I know BBRY has 514 mil shares on Nasdaq
    Yes I need to check my eyes. So 514 million would calculate to $0.32.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 03:09 PM
    Short interest is back up to 136 million. Lmao
    Well, the price was $14+, 15 days ago. So, II guess the 'new' shorts will have made money in last 15 days.
    02-27-13 03:10 PM
    You know they wont go away easily either...couple three quarters at least imo.
    02-27-13 03:10 PM
    so if I'm calculating this correctly... 1 million shipped * 550 * 0.30 / 415 million shares = 0.40/share. This could add $0.40 to this quarters earnings which might see overall earnings come out in the black.
    Yes I need to check my eyes. So 514 million would calculate to $0.32.
    Hmm..
    (1M units * $ 550 * 30%) / 514M = $0.32
    But what about (additional) BB7 units that BBRY will also be selling in the same period? And service revenue? So, that should further boost EPS.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-13 03:18 PM
    You know they wont go away easily either...couple three quarters at least imo.
    It'll be post September before we see things really firm up.
    02-27-13 03:20 PM
    I guess it safe to say that shorts still confident that BB is going down to single digit and they won't cover until the earning report. Until then this thing is going down.
    02-27-13 03:20 PM
    Ok... so when I am looking at the short interest it shows 1.68 days to cover. But I think that is misleading because that is at the crazy manipulation volumes of the last few months. If the shorts had to cover at the normal 20 million shares per day it would take at least 7 days of solid buying. Am I missing something?
    DragonFlyer and Markymark 23 like this.
    02-27-13 03:21 PM
    02-27-13 03:35 PM
    Ok... so when I am looking at the short interest it shows 1.68 days to cover. But I think that is misleading because that is at the crazy manipulation volumes of the last few months. If the shorts had to cover at the normal 20 million shares per day it would take at least 7 days of solid buying. Am I missing something?
    Remember these numbs as Of feb 15th when volume was bit higher than last 2 weeks. Also my guess is that this covers all shorts including retail shorts who go in and out often than big boys. My hope that some of them covered in last 2 weeks so BB can have a break from these shorts..
    02-27-13 03:38 PM
    Remember these numbs as Of feb 15th when volume was bit higher than last 2 weeks. Also my guess is that this covers all shorts including retail shorts who go in and out often than big boys. My hope that some of them covered in last 2 weeks so BB can have a break from these shorts..
    Yeah, that is kinda my point. Except on the 15th the SP was higher than now, so we could be looking at even more short interest as of today... and there is no volume for them to cover with if we were to get some good news.

Or I'm completely out to lunch....
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    02-27-13 03:46 PM
    The Pentagon story is not good. Earning potential impacts like this are the true stories that sting.

I wish the Canadian government would hurry up and say they are updating their blackberries..
    Some friends of mine who work for the federal government in tax auditing already have z10s

Posted via CB10
    zyben, fedakd and BBNation like this.
    02-27-13 03:47 PM
    Yes, it's called supply and demand. If a short wants to cover, someone will be willing to sell some stock, at some price. The 1.68 days is merely a ratio of two things, not a constraint that cannot be broken. All the shorts could cover in half a day, if they want/need to... it may drive the price way up, but if that's what it takes, they'll cover.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-27-13 03:49 PM
    So the "days to cover" is not a very useful statistic.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-27-13 03:58 PM
    Some friends of mine who work for the federal government in tax auditing already have z10s

Posted via CB10
    Hi and welcome to the melee.

Your statement has me confused on two fronts:

1. Friends . . . . in tax auditing, and
    2. Work . . . . for Government.

I am just kidding.

When I bought my phone on Feb 5th the BELL store manager showed me a box of Z10s going to the local School Board. Trying to figure why they would need Z10's on opening day. March Madness maybe? Spend it or lose it? Will we see more of this March Madness from Government, Crown Corps, Quasi Government, etc? Could boost March sales.

The positive side is more sales.
    Shanerredflag and morganplus8 like this.
    02-27-13 04:00 PM
    Shorts don't need to cover, they are hedged and think it is going to single digits. A great pre-announcement might cause them some pain, esp. the smaller players, but even then I bet enough of the big boys have the hedges and $$ to ride that out and look for the stock to crumble after the ER when the "reality" they see set in. They could be wrong, but a short blood bath is highly unlikely. I would have been and would be shocked if they suddenly start to cover.
    02-27-13 04:04 PM
    I am hopeful we hear about this soon or during the earnings call.
    02-27-13 04:06 PM
    Alright, short interest chart is updated.
    One for 1 year and one for the last 6-7 months.

As you can see the short interest is pretty stable. We increased in short interest since the last reporting, but nothing major. It's still slightly below the all time high on December 31st, 2012.

We can see that the shorts are not necessarily the major force that caused the major drop of the stock. I was hoping for the short interest to go even higher, but having a stable short interest just means we're at the undecided point.

Can't wait for the rally on good news. Hopefully we'll see the squeeze within a few months.

Edit: yes, I just noticed that the title says RIMM and not BBRY. Too lazy to change it now. I'll do it for next month.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rimm-1-yr.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rimm-6mon.png  
    02-27-13 04:06 PM
    Folks, don't assume all the shorts are naked and good news will squeeze them. Many may have bought calls and are hedged against a bloodbath event. Option volumes have also been high. I hope it happens, but the big boy shorts usually have hedged to prevent getting hammered. BBRY is liquid enough and enough options trade for them to buy plenty of reasonably priced protection. Maybe...
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-27-13 04:10 PM
    Folks, don't assume all the shorts are naked and good news will squeeze them. Many may have bought calls and are hedged against a bloodbath event. Option volumes have also been high. I hope it happens, but the big boy shorts usually have hedged to prevent getting hammered. BBRY is liquid enough and enough options trade for them to buy plenty of reasonably priced protection. Maybe...
    Even if they are hedged, they are going to have to buy back the stock and that will drive stock price higher. If they have calls, they'll make money on the ride up but so will we (the 'long's).
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    02-27-13 04:18 PM
    Alright, short interest chart is updated.
    One for 1 year and one for the last 6-7 months.

As you can see the short interest is pretty stable. We increased in short interest since the last reporting, but nothing major. It's still slightly below the all time high on December 31st, 2012.

We can see that the shorts are not necessarily the major force that caused the major drop of the stock. I was hoping for the short interest to go even higher, but having a stable short interest just means we're at the undecided point.

Can't wait for the rally on good news. Hopefully we'll see the squeeze within a few months.

Edit: yes, I just noticed that the title says RIMM and not BBRY. Too lazy to change it now. I'll do it for next month.

plus add approx 13 mln short in Toronto
    02-27-13 04:29 PM
    Hmm..
    (1M units * $ 550 * 30%) / 514M = $0.32
    But what about (additional) BB7 units that BBRY will also be selling in the same period? And service revenue? So, that should further boost EPS.
    BlackBerry has been losing money on BB7 sales, so the more of those they sell, the worse their current EPS will look. BB7 sales do provide a nice future service revenue stream, the impact of service revenue for new customers is fairly minimal in the same quarter the device is sold.
    02-27-13 04:30 PM
    Wow 136 million shares short. That means over 27% of BBRY has been sold and will have to be bought. Shorts are out of ammo and facing a world of hurt. You have a few shorts or haters posting here trying to tell you the sp is going down become more are short? That's so funny. The only way the sp will go lower if shorts short more but they are hitting a wall. I see over 50 new positions in BBRY by institutions.

Sent from my z10 while my sg3 collects dust.
    02-27-13 04:31 PM
    Check out the small off number size of the trades in afterhours....I think more loose hands are getting shaken. I can hear it from here..."The second it goes over 13.00 I'm out". The blood is in the water...run in the opposite direction, silly play imo

Research In Motion Limited After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 05:06 PM
    Where are the shorts going to find 136 million shares? With 301 Institutional Holders
    291,936,324 Total Shares Held which doesn't incluse the insiders and retail investors holding long.

Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    morganplus8, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    02-27-13 05:19 PM
113,256 ... 269270271272273 ...