View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    This is what investors ignore. They need to stop focusing on smartphones. This is why I invest in bbry. I might even buy more stock based on this news.

Posted via CB10
    This is much much bigger than what press is paying attention to. Having the ability to measure the user time of all the individual medical machines and integrating in to a payment calculation process along with customer diagnosis data is worth lot of cash to a private run medical system. Where the owners usually have to rely on the staff's manual feed back and data entry.
    The countries where bribery and theft is prominent, this will be an instant hit. I can see where this new trial is going with. This will increase the bottom line of any company.
    Not only medical, all of this machine to machine communication is lot bigger than current smartphone market.
    Factories manufacturers can lease/rent machines lot easier than just the direct sales because the progress/earnings/payments can be processed in real time.
    I could write a book about it.
    I like where blackberry is going.
    This would be ideal situation for auditors, specially government run facilities or where ever.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    07-04-14 10:39 AM
    This is much much bigger than what press is paying attention to. Having the ability to measure the user time of all the individual medical machines and integrating in to a payment calculation process along with customer diagnosis data is worth lot of cash to a private run medical system. Where the owners usually have to rely on the staff's manual feed back and data entry.
    The countries where bribery and theft is prominent, this will be an instant hit. I can see where this new trial is going with. This will increase the bottom line of any company.
    Not only medical, all of this machine to machine communication is lot bigger than current smartphone market.
    Factories manufacturers can lease/rent machines lot easier than just the direct sales because the progress/earnings/payments can be processed in real time.
    I could write a book about it.
    I like where blackberry is going.

I had trouble understanding what was so great about Internet of Everything but the more I realize that it has less to do with the consumer segment the more I am realizing that this is going to be huge in cutting costs in the enterprise. In hospitals alone, data will be aggregated directly from the proper devices and less time has to be spent on data collection from multiple devices in order to draw a final picture. Less staff is needed for that alone. Not to mention that staff doesn't have to spend time walking from room to room.

Patients should have RFID tags that enabled devices can recognize so that the map from machine to human is error proof. Might as well remove the human factor from the mapping of each machine to each patient since machines can be moved from room to room.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    07-04-14 10:50 AM
    I had trouble understanding what was so great about Internet of Everything but the more I realize that it has less to do with the consumer segment the more I am realizing that this is going to be huge in cutting costs in the enterprise. In hospitals alone, data will be aggregated directly from the proper devices and less time has to be spent on data collection from multiple devices in order to draw a final picture. Less staff is needed for that alone. Not to mention that staff doesn't have to spend time walking from room to room.

Patients should have RFID tags that enabled devices can recognize so that the map from machine to human is error proof. Might as well remove the human factor from the mapping of each machine to each patient since machines can be moved from room to room.
    You see this makes a very good story and that's what I do not understand that why press is not all over this interesting story.
    Having all that feed back data back In to R&D is priceless.
    This is "the" future big thing and is starting now. It is not a bubble or a dream. This is where the investment should be.
    I can see JC is teaching these purposely DA reporters 4quarters from now that this is how the cookie........ LoL.

rarsen, Corbu, zyben and 4 others like this.
    07-04-14 11:03 AM
    OT: M+8 what are your thoughts on HALO? It recovered to 10 after the PEG20 trial tweak /resume. I was expecting it to recover to 13 and base there for a while.

Loving BBRY long and strong lots of good news and launches throughout 2014. Can't wait for BBM windows to launch with hopefully a desktop version concurrently.

Posted via CB10
    Reed Richards, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    07-04-14 11:21 AM
    You see this makes a very good story and that's what I do not understand that why press is not all over this interesting story.
    Having all that feed back data back In to R&D is priceless.
    This is "the" future big thing and is starting now. It is not a bubble or a dream. This is where the investment should be.
    I can see JC is teaching these purposely DA reporters 4quarters from now that this is how the cookie........ LoL.

In theory, the ideas discussed over health care, M2M, IoT, etc are great but it takes years for large enterprises and organizations to adopt given the costs and complexities. The adoption doesn't move as fast as it does at the consumer level.

Look at home automation: it is finally being discussed slowly in the mainstream and ideas are being thrown around with certain platforms creating their own ecosystems. We're easily 2 years away for something like home automation to be fully functional and integrated.
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    07-04-14 11:24 AM
    In theory, the ideas discussed over health care, M2M, IoT, etc are great but it takes years for large enterprises and organizations to adopt given the costs and complexities. The adoption doesn't move as fast as it does at the consumer level.

Look at home automation: it is finally being discussed slowly in the mainstream and ideas are being thrown around with certain platforms creating their own ecosystems. We're easily 2 years away for something like home automation to be fully functional and integrated.
    I would have agreed with you if this was discussed 4 months ago.
    Looking at the speed where qnx is acceptable to most major players in car information system,
    including apple / Google and others.
    (apple is known to fight hard for their own proprietary systems)
    Nanhealth just announced the partnership not long ago with blackberry and these guys already talking about trials.
    And same way blackberry announced Canada secure payment bank deal
    Who knows how many others blackberry is working with?
    Seems like blackberry's back end/qnx system is acceptable/trust-able to majority.
    That's why I said 4 quarters from now. And stock market moves six months in advance, up/down. Suppose too.

Last edited by sidhuk; 07-04-14 at 03:54 PM.
    07-04-14 11:37 AM
    OT: M+8 what are your thoughts on HALO? It recovered to 10 after the PEG20 trial tweak /resume. I was expecting it to recover to 13 and base there for a while.

Loving BBRY long and strong lots of good news and launches throughout 2014. Can't wait for BBM windows to launch with hopefully a desktop version concurrently.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Spiller!!!

HALO is a bit like BBRY, both of them traded between $ 7.00 - $ 8.00 before catching good news that gapped them up to the $ 10.00 level. In each case, the stock, at least in HALO's case, traded close to 40 MM shares down in the lower level and all of those shares are highly profitable now. BBRY has the same problem, probably close to 150 MM shares traded below $ 8.00/shr and so those investors are taking profits as new investors enter the trade. This works itself off in time and both stocks will attempt to break higher soon.

HALO has based out after hitting over-bought numbers in mid June. That OB has worked itself off now and the volumes have dropped back to rally levels again. They have news coming at the end of the month from Roche's Q2 CC and they have an FDA decision on a box label at the time too. And so the stock will be moving in the weeks ahead, plus a ER will hit soon after. If their royalties are continuing to grow at the previous Q rate, the stock will be much higher. Finally, the IBB Index is within a day's trade of all time highs meaning that the biotech sector is super hot again. I'm in big on this one, I do believe they are likely to be taken out in the next 4 quarters and that price will be MUCH higher than today. So be patient with this one and expect a pop soon.

Oh, here's a chart so that you can see how we worked off that OB:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-halo-july-4-2014.png

Notice the OB at the top (oblong circle), same as BBRY is experiencing now, then there is that well defined sideways channel, same as BBRY has now, it all comes together with higher highs. GL
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    07-04-14 11:49 AM

leafs123!!

You guys are having a very interesting discussion here! If you follow PBM companies like Catamaran Corp - CCT-TO, you will note the size of their transaction base as it pertains to global pharma-care data transactions via different insurance companies and health centers. BlackBerry can take their data along with a host of other "medical data" and make that data available within a closed eco system. Imagine if BlackBerry and Catamaran hooked up and globalized medical data protection around the world? They look to be heading in this direction and certainly have the structure to pull this off one day.
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    07-04-14 11:55 AM
    Man my work day goes so much slower when the market is closed. Happy 4th of July everyone. Someone have a beer for me while I'm stuck at work!

Sent from my pos android phone pending a BlackBerry upgrade.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 5 others like this.
    07-04-14 12:19 PM
    I was hoping for a bit of a jump on the TSX today for BlackBerry. Make hay while the sun shines, kinda sorta,

Alas, woe is me.
    07-04-14 02:54 PM
    I was hoping for a bit of a jump on the TSX today for BlackBerry. Make hay while the sun shines, kinda sorta,

Alas, woe is me.
    I know, eh?

It closed with me 1 penny above my break.

On another note, the 50 did just push through the 200. If there's going to be a jump,I guess it'll be coming Monday when the NASDAQ is there to confirm it.
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-14 04:49 PM
    My friend bought BlackBerry at $7. He is loving the run up. I should have doubled down at that price. I didn't. But at least I didn't sell.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:12 PM
    Some more afterhours OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Facebook turns user tracking 'bug' into data mining 'feature' for advertisers | ZDNet

Hackers demand €30,000 from Domino's not to leak 600,000 customer details | ZDNet

When hackers can easily ask a ransom from Domino's to avoid leaking customer details, an additional example (remember Target and too many others) of too many asleep at the wheel about proper security controls. People will eventually face a brutal awakening to grave implications of lax security, where eventually we will all be affected (already share increased prices and insurances costs). IMHO will also need among others, to be much more serious about selecting any smartphones for Ballot Box and the Internet of Things (including power networks, heavy machinery, etc)!
    bungaboy, zyben, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    07-04-14 07:17 PM
    India has one of the largest middle-classes in the world, which is the only reason why I can think of that BlackBerry would price as such. It does though seem a but tacky that price fluctuations are as big as they are.
    Well, in a Month, if not sooner, we will know if the strategy took.

May just prove to be the biggest seller in BlackBerry history(?) Anyone want to guess how many units that would be??
    The ONLY reason of the higher cost of Z3 in India than that in other is the IMPORT TAX by the India government.
    07-04-14 07:18 PM
    How many guys have been baited by Samsung now? Anyone counting?

[QUOTE] One of BlackBerry?s best sources of talent in theenterprise mobility sector, Gregg Ostrowski,has left the company for Samsung as their new Global Enterprise Services Vice President. Gregg was the senior director of enterprise developer and technical partnerships at BlackBerry andwas key in making the enterprise services and application that BlackBerry touts as the gold standard of the industry.

We?ve reached out to BlackBerry for an official statement from BlackBerry, who stated,

?We can confirm Gregg has left BlackBerry and wish him all the very best in the future.? [Quote\]

Telling sign that Samsung is worried about the potential of BlackBerry. This, teamed up with the lowered expectations in Samsung at their next ER show that Samsung may be on a decline.
    07-04-14 10:26 PM
    [QUOTE=Bacon Munchers;10553051]How many guys have been baited by Samsung now? Anyone counting?

One of BlackBerry?s best sources of talent in theenterprise mobility sector, Gregg Ostrowski,has left the company for Samsung as their new Global Enterprise Services Vice President. Gregg was the senior director of enterprise developer and technical partnerships at BlackBerry andwas key in making the enterprise services and application that BlackBerry touts as the gold standard of the industry.

We?ve reached out to BlackBerry for an official statement from BlackBerry, who stated,

?We can confirm Gregg has left BlackBerry and wish him all the very best in the future.?

Telling sign that Samsung is worried about the potential of BlackBerry. This, teamed up with the lowered expectations in Samsung at their next ER show that Samsung may be on a decline.
    07-04-14 10:28 PM
    07-04-14 10:29 PM
    Dang! I need to learn basic HTML....
    07-04-14 10:30 PM
    I last spoke with Gregg Ostrowski in April, at the BlackBerry Experience event in NYC. No hints at the time but now that he and some of my other contacts have jumped to Samsung, I am indeed concerned about what this means. Gregg was certainly a vocal proponent for the BlackBerry platform; such a switch worries me.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers, Korepab and zyben like this.
    07-04-14 11:24 PM
    Dang! I need to learn basic HTML....
    Not all of them work here, but most do. It's similar to html, but not exactly. Putting them in word sub makes posting nice.

vBulletin.org Forum - vB Code List

PM me if you would like more help.
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-05-14 12:01 AM
    I last spoke with Gregg Ostrowski in April, at the BlackBerry Experience event in NYC. No hints at the time but now that he and some of my other contacts have jumped to Samsung, I am indeed concerned about what this means. Gregg was certainly a vocal proponent for the BlackBerry platform; such a switch worries me.

Posted via CB10
    $$$.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    07-05-14 01:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think because Samsung and Google are trying to secure Android is for a reason and that reason is clearly Enterprise and IoT. To achieve the standard that BlackBerry has they have to go to the source (BlackBerry Employees).

But of course Gregg must have told BlackBerry of his exit long time ago else BlackBerry would have blocked his exit like it did with the guy who joined Apple.

Him leaving and BlackBerry acknowledging it means they have some kind of contract signed that he wouldn't of course release confidential BlackBerry information to uncle Sammy as well as not approach BlackBerry customers. These are some basic stuff that definitely gets signed.

I wouldn't worry too much about him, if he was too important to BlackBerry's cause JC would have blocked him.

Rest only Gregg knows best.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and georg4BB like this.
    07-05-14 02:59 AM
    #BBMoments: Helping Disaster Relief Teams Stay Connected and Save Lives

#BBMoments: Helping Disaster Relief Teams Stay Connected and Save Lives | Inside BlackBerry
    07-05-14 07:25 AM
    From another thread.

zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    07-05-14 11:50 AM
    Again.

bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-05-14 12:19 PM
104,896 ... 27032704270527062707 ...