View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wish but not always. Long ago I lost over $60k on RIMM. ...)
    Oooohhhhhh, ok, that explains a lot regarding your tone with BlackBerry on this thread then.
    I can understand that. If it helps a tad, a friend of mine lost 225K with RIMM, but never played again to recover. Ouch!

Currently, I am teetering between a 8-11K loss (fluctuates, as I am still holding)!
    06-26-14 12:16 AM
    [url=http://business.financialpost.com/2014/06/25/how-google-incs-new-android-ambitions-will-take-the-fight-to-blackberry-ltd/?__lsa=a63b-9050]How Google Inc�s new Android ambitions will take the fight to BlackBerry Ltd...
    The thing is that BlackBerry won't give this stronghold up, according to Chen, and BlackBerry already has Google Android TV Trumped by playing the Amazon card with their successful streaming offerings.

Interesting times ahead.
    06-26-14 12:25 AM
    In response to Corbu's article, there is a thread going on about that: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=941577

Basically Android Auto (like Carplay) requires QNX as the foundation to operate in some cases. This is what has been said by bla1ze. So regardless, BlackBerry will still be receiving a revenue stream. Just that Google and Apple will get the credit.

However, it might compete against the top layer I guess.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    06-26-14 01:02 AM
    Double post
    06-26-14 01:05 AM
    http://utbblogs.com/editorial/securi...ho-will-do-it/

C0007CCC8 PING BlackBerry info Channel
    bungaboy, jxnb and morganplus8 like this.
    06-26-14 02:50 AM
    So Google, a data collecting and evaluating company, throws their os on every piece of hardware of the planet.
    This sounds like a good beginning of a end time movie, where finally a single company "owns" the whole earth and manipulates the people like a dictator. But nobody can change it, because everything depends on this company. Only a small group of resistance fighter....
    06-26-14 03:54 AM
    That does sound like a movie.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:42 AM
    Today in Germanys "Bild"-Zeitung, print run 2,5 million.
    They call ist Merkels "silver bullet phone"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140626_121250.jpg

Posted with my great BB Q10
    06-26-14 05:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140626_121250.jpg 
Views:	1211 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	280672
    Thanks a lot! I'll hurry to the next bakery an grab the issue...
    06-26-14 05:41 AM
    06-26-14 06:43 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140626_121250.jpg 
Views:	1211 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	280672

Before she bought it, she probably asked BB "is there little NSA people inside?" and the answer must been convincing enough for her to get it, right?
    06-26-14 07:30 AM
    Before she bought it, she probably asked BB "is there little NSA people inside?" and the answer must been convincing enough for her to get it, right?
    i bet she did

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-merkel.jpg

zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-14 08:02 AM
    Thank you for that Bild article, 95aero!

I found what is perhaps a cleaner image from which our german speaking friends should be able to read.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bild-verr-t.jpg

And my own, GT assisted quick translation:

This is Merkel's super-phone

Berlin - Chancellor Angela Merkel looked concentrated yesterday morning in the Bundestag on her BlackBerry Q10. It is the "mobile miracle weapon" of the Federal Government against any eavesdropping!

2500 bug-proof high-security phones (crypto mobile phone), were ordered by the Federal Government in September 2013 to the D�sseldorf company "Secusmart". Angela Merkel now has one of them. Unit Price: 2055 Euros!

The Chancellor can phone with this Blackberry, text or email and be protected from the eavesdropping of the NSA and British GHCQ.

She can also safely surf the federal government’s intranet.

Meanwhile, Angela Merkel is a real fan of encrypted mobile phones. At the CeBIT computer fair in early March, she paid a visit to Secusmart’s boss Hans-Christoph at the company's stand - and had him explain her new phone: a wafer-thin encryption computer ("Secusmart Security Card") is inserted into the card slot of the BlackBerry and encrypts all traffic. Prerequisite: The telephone, SMS or mail partner must also use a "Secusmart" phone. The Chancellor still also uses her old, unsecured Slide Phone (Nokia 6260 Slide) by the way - if it does not have to be quite as confidential: a SMS is usually followed by a simple "greetings".
    I remember mentioning, a while back, that BBRY should have done some sort of deal or set-up some form of partnership with Secusmart. Am I crazy for thinking that? Anyways... And a good day to everyone!

PS: I apologize in advance to our German-speaking friends for any mistakes in that quick English version. Feel free to make any necessary changes.
    06-26-14 08:23 AM
    !

Introducing the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal | Inside BlackBerry

BlackBerry has been in the limelight for many reasons, with people talking about everything from the unmatched reputation of our security to the latest device rumors to our vision for the Internet of Things. We expect this; we know we’re one of the most watched brands out there and our transformation is on public display.

As we’ve been working through this transition, there have been many vocal voices from competitors trying to incite fear, uncertainty and doubt about BlackBerry. In doing so, sensationalized reports surrounding our viability and misperceptions about our product portfolio have crowded the airwaves.

Given this environment, we must fight back. And BlackBerry’s best offense is to present the facts.

Today we are launching the BlackBerry Fact Check Portal, a place for us to hold our competitors accountable for what they say, when what they say is wrong. We’ll provide evidence that BlackBerry continues to be a leader in mobile, and we’ll expose “smoke and mirrors” marketing tactics by competitors.

This Portal will be your one-stop reference for all things #BBFactCheck. We’ll also bring you content that you can’t find anywhere else and highlight the news, insights and stats that you can’t miss. From mobility management to messaging, devices to security, we will make sure that you get the real story.

The BlackBerry Fact Check Portal is a two-way platform – so if you see a work of fiction from one of our competitors, we want to hear about it. Tell us about it here and make sure you frequent the Portal for the latest in our fight for the facts.
    sidhuk, W Hoa, zyben and 12 others like this.
    06-26-14 08:28 AM
    Hey M-8,

I know your a busy guy but can you please go into detail about why 10 dollars is the magic number right now. Concerning the convertible debt
    06-26-14 08:39 AM
    Oooohhhhhh, ok, that explains a lot regarding your tone with BlackBerry on this thread then.
    I can understand that. If it helps a tad, a friend of mine lost 225K with RIMM, but never played again to recover. Ouch!

Currently, I am teetering between a 8-11K loss (fluctuates, as I am still holding)!
    There also needs to be "some" negative around this "rose garden". Someone who did not know better would think that there are no thorns!

I am thinking the worst is over and we have a CEO that thinks BEFORE he talks. He has had to make some hard choices but from the looks of it, he made the right choices. My only problem with BBRY now is on the hardware side. Somehow Blackberry needs to get more devices into the users hands. I still do not see a profitable path for Blackberry with out more handset sales.

Unless something get out of the bag that we do not know about, I think BBRY can only go up, it is how fast and how much that is the question. Today BBRY is acting normal and just following the horrible market!
    06-26-14 08:58 AM
    Yesterday's Blog post by JC and today this, shows that this company believes in their business model and their product and ready to fight with any one.
    Now we can refer hates and doubters to this new place, called blackberry Fact check.
    Less detentions for regulars.
    LoL

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben, Corbu, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    06-26-14 09:01 AM
    Two BB commercials:

lech31, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-26-14 09:22 AM
    Best device is debatable, best security is not.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/06/...medium=twitter

bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    06-26-14 09:41 AM
    06-26-14 09:51 AM
    Yesterday's Blog post by JC and today this, shows that this company believes in their business model and their product and ready to fight with any one.
    Now we can refer hates and doubters to this new place, called blackberry Fact check.
    Less detentions for regulars.
    LoL

La Emperor, zyben, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-26-14 10:13 AM
    From this "recognized expert in technology" living in an Android and iOS world:

Google stops ignoring enterprise, adds EMM to Android | ZDNet

Typical...
    rarsen, Erik_1991, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-26-14 10:34 AM
    In response to Corbu's article, there is a thread going on about that: Android Auto - Will it eat QNX's lunch? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Basically Android Auto (like Carplay) requires QNX as the foundation to operate in some cases. This is what has been said by bla1ze. So regardless, BlackBerry will still be receiving a revenue stream. Just that Google and Apple will get the credit.

However, it might compete against the top layer I guess.

Posted via CB10
    I've been discussing with Kevin a lot about this. My perception is : "Take QNX as a white brand, the one none knows about besides the manufacturers which want to keep all the credit for the U.I alone". That's a pretty good place to be IMHO; the more the coating sells ...
    morganplus8, Corbu, zyben and 7 others like this.
    06-26-14 11:02 AM
    Hey M-8,

I know your a busy guy but can you please go into detail about why 10 dollars is the magic number right now. Concerning the convertible debt
    Hi jake simmons3 !!

The Bond issue is a formidable one for us as we all know that Prem Watsa has sold millions of his shares above $ 10.00 as he seeks to eliminate his share holdings and just hold onto his bond investment at a 6% yield. I don't blame him for doing this as he did go to great lengths to save the company at a time when the media were relentless in trying to destroy it. But now he needs to satisfy his shareholders by showing growth in his investments and that means selling off those shares. When you do the math for this past quarter, you are looking at a modest EPS gain or loss based upon the 525 MM shares floating at the time. At some point, normally when the stock goes above the strike price of $ 10.00, you need to include those 125 MM newly converted shares into that math. What happens is that a soon as BBRY starts to make money, everyone will base those profits on fully diluted shares outstanding. That means that BBRY will have to earn some huge returns to offset the dilution of the stock which in turn means that we won't be enjoying the same P/E ratios and other metrics that those in our sector enjoy today. If the stock is going to trade at a 30% lower multiple to its peers, we will always be looked at as that "also ran company".

In addition, BBRY is paying out $ 75 MM in interest each year now and carrying a $ 1.25 B debt on the books so it is in their best interest to retire some of that debt (not going to happen) or have those shares converted into stock. The ability of the stock to clear let's say, $ 11.00/shr is a huge challenge under those conditions. Any other company without such a monster overhang of stock dilution would have no problem seeing their stock move to recent highs and challenge their TA range. This is why I think we need to take some time to secure the $ 9.00 to $ 10.80 range, take Prem's shares off the market and accept that 125 MM shares are going to hit us soon. In this case, the run to the $ 10.00 strike is easy, getting past it is much more difficult than any other investment out there. It doesn't show up in the TA, it isn't a wall found at $ 10.00 on your chart but it is there in the area above $ 10.00 and they sell stock using average returns on their sales so that if they sold some at $ 10.40 they can sell some below $ 10.00 too. Hope that hopes?

I should add that the chart still looks good, we are clearly confirming that we belong in the higher channel today, and, there is always that possibility that Prem changes his mind and wants to hold the balance of his stock because he is encouraged by John Chen and BB's ability to turn the corner so fast. We will know soon enough if he feels the need to sell more shares, I hope not.
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 14 others like this.
    06-26-14 11:15 AM
    From this "recognized expert in technology" living in an Android and iOS world:

Google stops ignoring enterprise, adds EMM to Android | ZDNet

Typical...
    Corbu !!,

Man you post some great articles, thanks for that. In this case, it appears that the article is indeed superseded by the responses that come after it. Thanks again.
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    06-26-14 11:21 AM
113,256 ... 26902691269226932694 ...