View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Just added my pin to Sf's channel. just add number 2 in front. let me now so that i can delete this post
    Done

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-20-14 01:29 PM
    this looks great
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-st.png

and Lift off
    06-20-14 01:39 PM
    BB Playbooks are so inexpensive, we have them in all of our cars and a boat, the Passport would be a great upgrade for those dated Playbooks. As long as you have the same features, i.e., mini-HDMI and some decent storage along with a good processor, this would work fine for several purposes. Imagine your upgraded "Playbook" with BB 10.3 Plus on it, nice!
    and i forgot this quote.
    As for whether the Passport is a phone, phablet or a tablet, Chen offered this during a conference call with analysts Thursday: When you first see the phone, people said it is the worlds smallest phablet or the world largest phone.".
    06-20-14 01:51 PM
    BlackBerry CEO unveils ‘world’s smallest phablet or the world’s largest phone’ | Metro

Highlights:

Chen said the square-shaped screen has the best resolution on the market, ideal for displaying X-rays, MRI scans, CAT scans and schematic drawings.

The Passport was designed, in part, for BlackBerry’s plans to move aggressively into the medical sector.

BlackBerry wants to partner with a company that provides a clinical operating system tying together hospital decisions, lab results, doctors and patients.

In other new developments, Chen said BlackBerry is looking to hire a few hundred new employees, create an advanced technology group and forge closer ties with researchers at the University of Waterloo.

“We need to hire some people and spend some monies on growth,” Chen said in an interview with reporters.

“And we are able to provide security and messaging,” Chen said.

Health care is one of the fastestgrowing markets in the world, especially when it comes to information technology, personal health care and delivery, he said. “We are very, very excited about it.”
    morganplus8, zyben, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-20-14 01:57 PM
    and i forgot this quote.
    As for whether the Passport is a phone, phablet or a tablet, Chen offered this during a conference call with analysts Thursday: When you first see the phone, people said it is the worlds smallest phablet or the world largest phone.".
    It is called Qwablet

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 01:59 PM
    I woke up today to find that I was in the green on two out of three blocks of shares I bought in February -- gave me an extra spring to my step as I walked to work! I'm hoping for block 3 to turn green by the end of the day!
    Same here, I will be strutting home from work soon.

My latest purchase in my TFSA was $7.96 on the TSE a few weeks ago. It's $10.65 now. ~+30%.

Thanks for the cheap shares shorts!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, zyben, bigbadben10 and 9 others like this.
    06-20-14 02:15 PM
    It is called Qwablet

Posted via CB10
    Lol, Chenberry

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    tatail, zyben, bigbadben10 and 3 others like this.
    06-20-14 02:16 PM
    Lol.. ChenBerry as long as people don't mistake it for brand change from BlackBerry to ChenBerry

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-20-14 02:18 PM
    Qwablet was suggested by a forum member (3Dee). Since the phone has its own category, it is almost the size of a phablet but has a keyboard. I think Qwablet is very catchy.

And by the way I am green for the first time in a long time, thank god I didn't do anything stupid.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 02:27 PM
    No, Options. .... It's toooo late .... NOOOoooooo
    06-20-14 02:36 PM
    Some one tell me that Blackberry is going to tank next week. I missed out on buying options in BBRY when the volatility did not exist. The run has raised premiums too much to get into options cheap.
    06-20-14 02:43 PM
    Meh, just bought some $22 strikes out to Jan 2015. It's a HUGE gamble. But with a short squeeze or run to $13-$15 this month, the time premium should give me a profit. Order is in to sell a quarter of it off to create a break even on the gamble.

I think people on Wall Street MUST finally realize that the business is viable going forward and even has, dare I say it .... growth prospects!

FWIW: I currently see BBRY being worth $15+. I think it could easily go to $25+ in 12 months but I think it is worth $15+ valuation wise without even thinking much. And yes, I think. But the financial statements are what they are. Just figuring what they can do if they stick 10-20% of revenues into the free cash flow column. And alot of htat will come when BES10/12 starts getting monetized.
    06-20-14 02:48 PM
    Can BlackBerry Ltd turn it around? | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. is making progress in its turnaround plan, as its first quarter results for fiscal 2015 show that the path to cashflow break-even is clearing.

The smartphone maker and services companys earnings loss was less than analysts expected and smartphone sales were in line with consensus at 1.6 million.

But BlackBerry has a long way to go, as CEO John Chen acknowledged on Thursday. Nonetheless, investors were impressed, driving the stock up nearly 10% and another 7% on Friday.

Heres what analysts had to say about the results and BlackBerrys future.

Citron Research
    Raised target price to US$20 from US$15

BlackBerrys new strategy positions the company as a key competitor in a rapidly emerging worldwide growth market of immense proportions, one which plays specifically to BlackBerrys strength. Even BBRY critics would agree that no one is better at delivering large amounts of data on an end-to-end secured platform than BlackBerry. They used to do it by competing in the handset market, but now the connected world is their opportunity.
    Despite BlackBerrys spectacular Buckner of the entire cell phone market, nothing has ever challenged its reputation as the worlds most secure intranet/extranet platform.
    We note that Mr. Chen isnt dangling his company in front of Wall Streets eyes, but an investor has to consider the potential bid and potential bidders should the acquisition bug shift into overdrive.
    It is time to change the name of the company. The name BlackBerry no longer reflects the strategic direction you have taken for the company. It is a pollinated to lost handset marketshare, a debacle of the companys past. We suggest Research In Motion because the company is now capable of fulfilling the original vision as expressed in its original name.

Mark Sue, RBC Capital Markets
    Raised target price to US$12 (from US$11), maintained sector perform rating

BlackBerrys making progress in its turnaround and the path to cash-flow breakeven looks within reach. Services declines are slowing, handsets are nearly profitable, a new round of hardware is about to be launched, and enterprises are giving BlackBerry a chance. However, execution is key and theres much that needs to be launched by the end of the year. Likely BlackBerry will look to balance new investments against its break-even target.
    BlackBerrys CEOs attempts to convince Enterprise CEOs and CIOs to give BlackBerry a second chance is bearing some positive results. The improvements in the balance sheet and restructuring in the business is providing the challenged company much needed time to turn things around. Its now about achieving milestones as it charts a course to the promised cash flow break-even by the end of FY15.

Rod Hall, J.P. Morgan
    Maintained US$9 target price and neutral rating

John Chen indicated that BlackBerry now has a plan to generate $100-million in revenue from BBM during fiscal 2016 and that he believes the company can generate profits if they can ship around 10 million smartphones that year. We see both targets as challenging but achievable and, more importantly, like the fact that Chen is willing to put some stakes in the ground in terms of goals. Even though this quarter was a win for BBRY in our opinion we believe the company still has plenty of work left to stabilize deteriorating revenue.
    BlackBerry is a very interesting balance now between a plan to turn the plummeting device business profitable and the companys cash balances. Underlying all of this is what we believe is an interesting play on enterprise mobility management and services. However, we see plenty of execution risk between now and then, which John Chen and team will need to steer through.

T. Michael Walkley, Canaccord Genuity
    Maintained US$8 target price and hold rating

While we remain impressed with BlackBerrys execution on its cost reduction execution, we believe managements long-term plans are still in early stages of execution with limited near-term sales visibility. We anticipate BlackBerry will continue to post operating losses through F2015, but we anticipate gradually improving trends following the BES12 launch in November and believe BlackBerry could achieve break-even results in H2/F2016.
    While we believe new initiatives to monetize BlackBerrys installed base and assets such as BBM on other platforms, IoT, BES12, and enterprise services are potentially compelling opportunities longer- term, we believe many are still immature and too early to quantify versus the likely loss of traditional BlackBerry services revenue over the next several quarters and even years.

Steven Li, Raymond James
    Raised target price to US$10 (from US$9.50), maintained market perform rating

While F1Q15 was a much improved quarter, the ongoing Services decline and BBRYs ability to eventually offset with MDM revenues (non-BB devices) longer term keeps us on the sidelines for now. BBRY EZ Pass is being met with some success with 1.2 mln licenses traded in for BES10 (10% from competitors), but we are a long way from the 10 to 20 mln non-BB (iOS, Android) managed devices needed in our view for BBRY Enterprise to be reasonably profitable.

Scott Penner, TD Securities
    Maintained US$10.50 target price and hold rating

Cost reductions appear to have run their course; BlackBerry is at the tail end of the restructuring program.
    The decline in headcount has been dramatic, and arguably carries a risk related to re-aligning for growth.
    The device business should be seen as laying the foundation for value-added services.
    Earnings power depends on new (at this point untested) service offerings.
    06-20-14 03:24 PM
    Sooo... To cap off a pretty good week, let me see on this wonderful device of mine what it all means...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-passport_2.jpg

Yes, that's a 24% increase in the SP. Not bad!

Since we are talking math and percentages, let me leave you with this, from yesterday's AGM, on the revenue potential for BBM:
    “If any of you like to focus on mathematics, percentage of growth, it will from be zero to $100-million, so you tell me what the percentage is,” Mr. Chen said.

Funny guy. Looking forward to many more good weeks. Thanks all!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/blackberry-earnings-story/article19234513/?service=mobile
    06-20-14 03:35 PM
    Cramer has never called a stock on his own merit. He waits for a stock to surge on news then he called out from the peanut gallery to keep an eye on it.

Posted via CB10
    Cramer, Suze Ormond, and Dave Ramsey are financial entertainers! They have no liability to worry about. Their information is frequently incomplete and tread with extreme caution if you choose to apply it.
    06-20-14 03:54 PM

AWESOME week boy's...I'm going golfing to celebrate
    06-20-14 04:01 PM
    SF is very happy 5-2. Viva la France.

Have an awesome weekend chaps!

06-20-14 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry CEO unveils €˜world€™s smallest phablet or the world€™s largest phone€™ | Metro

Highlights:

Chen said the square-shaped screen has the best resolution on the market, ideal for displaying X-rays, MRI scans, CAT scans and schematic drawings.

The Passport was designed, in part, for BlackBerry’s plans to move aggressively into the medical sector.

BlackBerry wants to partner with a company that provides a clinical operating system tying together hospital decisions, lab results, doctors and patients.

In other new developments, Chen said BlackBerry is looking to hire a few hundred new employees, create an advanced technology group and forge closer ties with researchers at the University of Waterloo.

“We need to hire some people and spend some monies on growth,” Chen said in an interview with reporters.

“And we are able to provide security and messaging,” Chen said.

Health care is one of the fastestgrowing markets in the world, especially when it comes to information technology, personal health care and delivery, he said. “We are very, very excited about it.”
    Nice to see you on here again bud...missed your input.

I also like this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    Mr BBRY, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 04:10 PM
    Per BerryFlow, LTE variant of Z3 codenamed "Manitoba" should arrive in September / November timeframe. More RAM and LTE radios.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-c00035fb2_75641ba0-f8b9-11e3-9d65-0200ac177828.jpeg

Props to BF
    06-20-14 04:18 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-blackberry_ltd-passport.jpg

Remember when the Bold 9000 was introduced? People were all over it. And then when the first generation iPhone was introduced, it looked new, and more distinguished than the other phones. People were all over it too. I think, this Blackberry Passport will be the phone that makes people's heads turn, when you are out in public. It seems to be the phone that might influence people to give themselves the opportunity to experience Blackberry again, because 1. It is an attractive looking phone. It looks unique with the new form factor. It looks distinguished., and 2. It is a Blackberry.

People want a classy and beautiful phone, so they can look classy and nice without looking too business oriented. I think, the Passport does this. I hope, Blackberry will market it correctly, and will make it easy for people to buy without the shenanigans of cell carriers.

Will the Passport make die-hard iPhone users want this secretly?
    06-20-14 04:51 PM
    SF is very happy 5-2. Viva la France.

Have an awesome weekend chaps!

Very strong french squad in both matches. Surprisingly good.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-20-14 05:30 PM
    Man! I am really jazzed that even though the 'experts' are slamming us left-right-center, the stock keeps rocketing.

We are at the most exciting time now; kind of a pinnacle of sorts.
    zyben, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 05:44 PM
    Very strong french squad in both matches. Surprisingly good.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    All the way perhaps

06-20-14 06:19 PM
    Z3 reportedly being launched in Malaysia on the 24th!

The BlackBerry Z3 is coming to Malaysia | SoyaCincau

So Indonesia and Vietnam are done. Malaysia and India coming soon. What's next? Thailand and The Philippines, perhaps?
    zyben, sidhuk, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    06-20-14 07:13 PM
    Z3 reportedly being launched in Malaysia on the 24th!

The BlackBerry Z3 is coming to Malaysia | SoyaCincau

So Indonesia and Vietnam are done. Malaysia and India coming soon. What's next? Thailand and The Philippines, perhaps?

Yeah, they really need to move fast to launch in these potentially huge markets, as we now have a good puff of wind in the sails.

Say, anyone know what the current short interest is with bb.to vs. Bbry.nsdx? I can't help but think that some of this pop is due to dudes' bailing-out, (and having to swim to shore.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 07:46 PM
105,707 ... 26812682268326842685 ...