Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    as e-BBM and BBM connected ...
    as e-BBM and BBM connected ...
    Believe it or not, even I am tired of talking about BBMx for now, but I do need to address that before going back to checking my portfolio for fun haha...

eBBM is days old, and the only thing we know about its launch is that the update was a mess, and is leading to more user desertion, frustration, and general ridicule. BlackBerry can come out with BBM Teleporter for all any of us cares - the fact is that growth this quarter was ZERO, and if people are fed up with its stability and reliability when it's free, they are not going to be all that impressed when they're paying for it.

Let's be honest now, regardless of whether or not my mother lives under a bridge: the problems I've raised are real, and the numbers are showing it. A 50% dropout rate is very, very poor, and once bitten twice shy is a real phenomenon. BBMx is the ugly duckling at today's ER party and we ignore it to our self-delusion.

That's it from me on the topic for now. I'm off to sell some of my shares and perhaps go and (finally?) buy a Z30...it's been a very good day.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:19 AM
    Believe it or not, even I am tired of talking about BBMx for now, but I do need to address that before going back to checking my portfolio for fun haha...

eBBM is days old, and the only thing we know about its launch is that the update was a mess, and is leading to more user desertion, frustration, and general ridicule. BlackBerry can come out with BBM Teleporter for all any of us cares - the fact is that growth this quarter was ZERO, and if people are fed up with its stability and reliability when it's free, they are not going to be all that impressed when they're paying for it.

Let's be honest now, regardless of whether or not my mother lives under a bridge: the problems I've raised are real, and the numbers are showing it. A 50% dropout rate is very, very poor, and once bitten twice shy is a real phenomenon. BBMx is the ugly duckling at today's ER party and we ignore it to our self-delusion.

That's it from me on the topic for now. I'm off to sell some of my shares and perhaps go and (finally?) buy a Z30...it's been a very good day.

Posted via CB10
    I thought you said you were done complaining about "BBM".........enough already
    06-19-14 10:22 AM
    "the last thing I wanna do is to go out and [...] celbrate" <= because the guys&gals losing jos.
    "You first have toi make YOUR people happy about it"
    and then ...

Kudos, human guy.
    06-19-14 10:23 AM
    And they moved "BlackBerry" to the top of the Classic and Passport....excellent move!
    06-19-14 10:24 AM
    Dangerous to say 50/50 or 80/20
    jxnb likes this.
    06-19-14 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...update-939267/ : (yours) 65 posts
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ge-bbm-939123/ : 2 posts
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...n-evil-939129/ : 2 posts
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...camera-939228/ : 14 posts

Yeah, sky is falling and you experience is widespread worldwide.
    Given my *tiny* experience of CB forums, if ever your problem was massive, we'll be in the thousands multiples posts.
    So, excuse me, but *to me* this is not as important than you want it to be.

Concerning e-BBM and BBM connected, these (to come) figures are really interesting because we're talking about Licences and reccurring revenues. This was my point, because they belong to the ENTERPRISE divison; one of the 3 others, beside BBM.
    06-19-14 10:32 AM
    I know one guy Sidhuk wont be taking off his ignore list . . . .LoL.
    06-19-14 10:37 AM
    I know one guy Sidhuk wont be taking off his ignore list . . . .LoL.
    We all know his MO....talk about needing attention....Jesus!
    06-19-14 10:38 AM
    06-19-14 10:40 AM
    Lol. How many iPhone users are entering Crackberry forums? Come on. Anyway...never mind - everything is amazing, guys! 0% active user growth despite a significant increase in registrations is amazing! Baaa, Baaa....

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:40 AM
    My version on the effect of today's ER did to BB Trolls and Shorties! LoL

06-19-14 10:45 AM
    Lol. How many iPhone users are entering Crackberry forums? Come on. Anyway...never mind - everything is amazing, guys! 0% active user growth despite a significant increase in registrations is amazing! Baaa, Baaa....

Posted via CB10
    C'mon ... grow up, it's not a pee length contest.
    There has been issues with iOs and Android BBM that have been reported during first launch, in dozens threads with each at least hundreds posts.

O.T:
    You want to know why BBM isn't catching up as fast as you may want it ?
    Because you have to ADD users by request and this requires action V.S whatsapp that digs into your existing contacts and disclose pretty much anything. IMHO - and we can discuss about it, elsewhere - if it wayyyyy more important.
    06-19-14 10:50 AM
    My version on the effect of today's ER did to BB Trolls and Shorties! LoL

CJ, did you see that tippy toed bum action bro?
    (I said this in nufee accent) lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-19-14 10:52 AM
    WOW! John "Mr Good news" Chen... we longs were longing for such news! Great news! I will definitely will be picking up a classic and passport... The Amazon deal is great for the app gap. Now for more rapid growth of BES customers. And BlackBerry will be standing up again.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:53 AM
    Go Play with your Android now.
    LoL

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Bhahaha...

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-19-14 10:55 AM
    Up 12% on 50MM shares traded in less than 2.5 hours so far. Is that good? lol
    06-19-14 10:57 AM
    This one sounds better. even Modds cant complain the headr words. cause it is from??? LoL
    If You Squint Hard Enough, Signs Of A BlackBerry Turnaround - Forbes
    Last edited by sidhuk; 06-19-14 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Read squint as squirt.
    06-19-14 10:59 AM
    This one sounds better. even Modds cant complain the headr words. cause it is from??? LoL
    If You Squint Hard Enough, Signs Of A BlackBerry Turnaround - Forbes
    Squirt shorty's blood works too! LoL
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-14 11:05 AM
    Chen with Passport.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bqgrna9ccaavlxp.jpg
    06-19-14 11:06 AM
    Debate on BlackBerry coming up on CNBC. You can vote in real time to select the winner of the debate. Also JC will be interviewed on the show later.

Nice report this morning. Will help my fund in the midst of the down day on markets...
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-14 11:10 AM
    I almost fee like the Passport is a device for healthcare. Seems to fit the mould of the pocket on a doctor's jacket and the big screen.

Otherwise, it is ok. Too wide to put in your front pant pocket.
    06-19-14 11:11 AM
    Chen with Passport.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BqgRnA9CcAAVlXp.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	278948
    I think i am gonna end up buying this.
    06-19-14 11:12 AM
    C'mon ... grow up, it's not a pee length contest.
    There has been issues with iOs and Android BBM that have been reported during first launch, in dozens threads with each at least hundreds posts.

O.T:
    You want to know why BBM isn't catching up as fast as you may want it ?
    Because you have to ADD users by request and this requires action V.S whatsapp that digs into your existing contacts and disclose pretty much anything. IMHO - and we can discuss about it, elsewhere - if it wayyyyy more important.
    Let's leave it. Let's agree on 0% active user growth over three months despite the considerable increase in registrations (because it's verified by BlackBerry's own data), and interpret things differently. There are other things to be pleased about.

As for growing up, I think you'll find that the ad hominem attacks in here flow entirely and plentifully in my direction, and that I haven't once directed one at anyone else on this site.

I agreed to stop mentioning BlackBerry's awful marketing in this thread, and I'll agree to stop mentioning the problems with BBMx.

In the name of being regarded as a fool, however, I'll predict now that over the next year, consumer devices sales are going to explode and we'll all forget about how they weren't important anymore - all about enterprise, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:13 AM
    I think i am gonna end up buying this.
    Me too.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    06-19-14 11:13 AM
    Your up Bungaboy F me.....I love this thread...
    06-19-14 11:15 AM
113,251 ... 26732674267526762677 ...