View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sounds like bbry is interested in the consumer handset market. If not, why do this?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...l-transactions

Posted via CB10
    It also shows that the big 3 believe in the long term viability of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:49 AM
    It also shows that the big 3 believe in the long term viability of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    If you consider 3 years as "long term".

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 08:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is long term considering everyone was calling their demise 3 years ago

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 08:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    In technology it is. Life cycle of gaming console is 7 years. People tend to replace smartphones every 2 years. 10 years ago, the though of two processors on one motherboard was amazing. Now phones have 8 ... all on one chip!

I have no idea what the world will look like in 3 years. I do know that it will be much differnt though.

I'd venture a guess that infotainment centers in cars will be HUGELY different in 3 years. I'd even think that internet enabled thermostats will be the norm instead of the exception. I'd buy one for $30. $200 or whatever for the Nest is stupid. And I don't want a learning thermostat. I want to know what my thermostat is actually doing by my direction. But I also want to be able to change the settings on my thermostat if away on vacation incase I forget to set it before leaving. And obviously, this has to be super secure. Last thing we need is a hacker to create a virus that increase everyones setting in the US to 100 degrees. The oil burn over such a short period could be impactful to gas prices since industry wouldn't have projected the extra waste.
    06-12-14 08:51 AM
    Strange words from some in here...

First we bash Android and its followers, then he hail the genius of Chen for scrapping BlackBerry World and going with Google Play...puzzling...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4

Well you are always confused, so this should be par for the course for you
    06-12-14 09:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's a heck of a lot more long term than many have been giving them. Also, it's an initial contract so they'll test to see how it goes

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 09:08 AM
    The mobile payments exclude iPhone, at least for now, no NFC. And that's a good thing.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    morganplus8, ZayDub, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-12-14 09:50 AM
    Read Chris's BS article on the front page of CB this morning.
    If anyone has problem with my statement, i am ready to argue here, I got some spare time on my hands LoL. His App argument is Full of it.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-12-14 10:18 AM
    3 years is a long time in the corporate world, especially tech.

This is good news, potential to develop into a bbm money globally.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:18 AM
    The mobile payments exclude iPhone, at least for now, no NFC. And that's a good thing.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Is it really though? Majority of devices are iPhone and Android devices. With BlackBerry backing Enstream, the more devices using their service, I imagine the better revenue for both companies. Mobile Payments needs to kick off in a big way, that's how BBM Money will grow too. If the cool kids aren't rocking mobile payments, then there won't be any growth.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:25 AM
    Is it really though? Majority of devices are iPhone and Android devices. With BlackBerry backing Enstream, the more devices using their service, I imagine the better revenue for both companies. Mobile Payments needs to kick off in a big way, that's how BBM Money will grow too. If the cool kids aren't rocking mobile payments, then there won't be any growth.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps this is the precursor to BBM Money in Canada. It's seems this infrastructure is using BlackBerry's NOC. I BBM transfer you $10 and you can go to a retailer at tap your phone to pay for your lunch!

That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:40 AM
    Anybody think that Mobile Iron successful IPO bodes well for BBRY MDM solution?

MOBL is up 18% since the IPO this morning...

Sent using my ? Z30
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-12-14 10:44 AM
    If anyone has problem with my statement, i am ready to argue here, I got some spare time on my hands LoL. His App argument is Full of it.

With all due respect to Chris, I was not impressed with this one article. He's done better before.

Sent using my ? Z30
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-12-14 10:46 AM

Sent using my ? Z30
    Maybe. Do observe though how quickly is coming down now since hitting $11.34.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-14 10:48 AM
    What I was noting is simply that we do get a lot of posts about how crazy others are about going the Android route (privacy issues, security breaches, etc.), and that that is an interesting contrast to welcoming the idea of BlackBerry essentially going Android in regards to apps. I personally don't like the idea of all, but everyone has a right to their own desires.

I haven't seen a single reputable article giving credence to this whole thing anyway, so I'm not that fussed about it to be honest. It would certainly be an odd move, and probably a profoundly daft one, in my eyes.

Even if that happens, isn't the BlackBerry runtime for Android sandboxed?
    I would presume (hope like heck) that we have nothing to worry about.
    06-12-14 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    ... Dipping big toe in to test, I guess.
    06-12-14 10:49 AM

I had to read it twice this morning (while in a sauna - morning ritual) to make sure that I understood it correctly. I am still shocked that that piece came from an official CrackBerry contributor. I respect everyone's choices, but when a person abandon productivity (Hub, keyboard, etc) for other stuff such as Apps, I feel that he/she has wandered into a BlackBerry fan site by mistake.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 06-12-14 at 11:01 AM.
    06-12-14 10:50 AM
    I had to read it twice this morning (while in a sauna - morning ritual)...

Good for detox.

Did a large Russian lady come in with shots of Vodka, ready to slap you into shape with wet leafs?

In a funny mood....
    Go BlackBerry!!!
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 06-12-14 at 05:42 PM.
    06-12-14 10:54 AM
    Even if that happens, isn't the BlackBerry runtime for Android sandboxed?
    I would presume (hope like heck) that we have nothing to worry about.
    I won't believe it until I see it. It really does sound like a dumb idea. I could be wrong, but I don't think we will see that happen. I could imagine improved Android 'sandboxed' function on BlackBerry phones, but BlackBerry World is surely not going anywhere. I'm guessing the whole story is a nonsense.

06-12-14 10:55 AM

Sent using my ? Z30
    Wait a month or so.
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-12-14 11:29 AM
    Off course but even at 9$, the valuation still seemed favorable to what BBRY could then fetch as a comparable valuation as well, no?

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-12-14 11:30 AM
    Sounds like bbry is interested in the consumer handset market. If not, why do this?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...l-transactions

Posted via CB10
    More of a b2b play since it is the network infrastructure for the banks. Also, it sounds like it is for securing the transactions from point of sale to the banks. Therefore this isn't necessarily anything to do with BBM Money for Canada.

BlackBerry would still have to come up with an agreement with financial institutions or credit card companies to transfer money from BBM to a bank account of some sort for BBM Money to become a reality outside of Indonesia. Wish they would come up with something soon on this front.
    06-12-14 11:59 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Snowden did the tech industry a big favor | ZDNet
    Majority expects privacy to erode in years ahead | ZDNet
    http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bull...tag=TRE4eb29b5

Leaving tomorrow for a business trip in the land of Trolls (the less painful ones, hihi), on the western coast of Norway and close to the midnight sun. Will thus miss John Chen's presentation next week and expect that my able colleagues to hold the fort, as we await for good news. Cheers.
    Last edited by rarsen; 06-12-14 at 12:56 PM.
    06-12-14 12:37 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Snowden did the tech industry a big favor | ZDNet
    Majority expects privacy to erode in years ahead | ZDNet
    The global cost of cyber crime - SmartPlanet

Leaving tomorrow for a business trip in the land of Trolls (the less painful ones, hihi), on the western coast of Norway and close to the midnight sun. Will thus miss John Chen's presentation next week and expect that my able colleagues to hold the fort, as we await for good news. Cheers.
    Safe travels my friend.
    Corbu, zyben, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    06-12-14 01:01 PM
    Nice spike....news?
    06-12-14 01:12 PM
113,256 ... 26502651265226532654 ...