View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    BM, not only you beat me on timing, but you stole my words out of my mind !
    T.A: welcome aboard !

**** a few personal words

All : I saw the boat pitching yesterday and I didn't like it. We have personal "e-friendship" here, clearly, some of mine had either a short night or a strange substance ingestion. You don't agree: say it. But use words, not insults. Pressing the report button also shouldn't be used in a fancy way (yet don't hesitate to use it when needed) furtherless being advertised as a "kill-kill" revenge thing.
    Thanks Branta and Noah for jumping in, I'm not sure who got what and there's zero victory anywhere. We all lose. Lame.

Ok, back on topic !
    06-06-14 03:35 AM
    Hey, TranscendAsset -- All of your articles on SA have been thought-provoking and invigorating. I appreciate your imaginative touch in terms of figuring out relatively unused data sources to tap, or broad lines of reasoning to bring together in tight/strong argumentation. It's refreshing that you are unafraid of acknowledging and thoughtfully addressing areas that BBRY needs to attend, as you've done in your last piece. Tough love, indeed, but needed. I particularly like how you respond to comments about your articles. You parry very deftly and decisively, but do not stoop. In effect, you've kicked the quality of discussion up considerably. Thank you for that.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    06-06-14 05:39 AM
    "New" product coming out tmw on shop blackberry according to their channel. Hmmm

Attachment 276363

Posted via CB10
    How about a Z3 LTE for North America?????
    jxnb, W Hoa, Shanerredflag and 1 others like this.
    06-06-14 07:27 AM
    Z3 sales in Indonesia. These tweets should be considered as 'soft' info:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-z3jakarta.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-z3soldout.jpg

Translated: Oh yes BlackBerry z3 purchase for the cash these days already SOLD OUT
    06-06-14 07:37 AM
    Let's not forget about BBM for desktop...that is a game changer imo.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    bungaboy, georg4BB, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    06-06-14 08:08 AM
    Let's not forget about BBM for desktop...that is a game changer imo.

Yowsa!!!
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    06-06-14 08:12 AM
    Oh...It's FRIDAY

sidhuk, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-06-14 08:15 AM
    Or this...lol

sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-06-14 08:48 AM
    OT: Does anyone own Air Canada and have any thoughts?
    06-06-14 08:52 AM
    Your "guy" is actually a girl =)

/url]
    I have known that from day one and respected it. Just didn't wanna bring it up. guy or a girl, It shouldn't matter, an article is an article.
    However, still sorry for not addressing it properly.
    I do like your articles. Great work.
    Thank you

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    jxnb, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-06-14 08:52 AM
    Don't own it but think they really have some brand cachet. They don't go for the lowest prices and yet they certainly sometimes do very well. I need to put them on my list for further investigation

Wowsers, did you see that move up from the bottom? Missed getting AC.B at $2.07!

A bit of caution though: Airlines tend to burn money real fast and suffer those unionized strikes *sigh* I should make plans to research and get ready to pull the trigger on the next strike if it's good! Good luck to you on your AC.B =)
    06-06-14 08:59 AM
    BYOD a fading fad as IT challenges prove too great - IT Opinion from V3.co.uk

A couple of years ago, bring your own device (BYOD) was the hot topic of discussion. You could barely read any articles in the technology press without hearing about how BYOD was going to shake up business IT and free up workers, or something along those lines.

Then the mainstream press got in on the act, and we started to hear about how the PC was dead, and that everyone was going to be using consumer tablets from now on, and everything was going to be wonderful.

Since then, the hype about employees using their own devices in the workplace has abated somewhat, and we have started to get a more sober appraisal; things haven't turned out as predicted, the PC isn't dead, and utopia hasn't happened.

Perhaps coincidentally, BlackBerry and Microsoft both presented some research regarding BYOD at separate customer events held in London this week. Although the two firms were obviously promoting their own products and services, they painted a consistent picture of what has actually been happening with regards to BYOD.

Speaking at the Microsoft event, John Delaney, who heads the European Mobility Team at analyst firm IDC, said that BYOD has reached a plateau, with effectively the same number of companies operating such a scheme this year as last. There is also no significant increase in companies intending to adopt such a policy in the near future, either.

And while the trend may have taken off somewhat in the US, only a third of companies over here in Europe are offering some form of BYOD policy, Delaney said.

While some of this can be attributed to cultural differences between the two regions, BlackBerry's managing director for Europe, Markus Mueller, had other reasons; BYOD has led to more cost and complexity for the IT department when supporting end users.

"The idea was to save money while giving more choice to users, but what actually happened is that it became a nightmare, with lots of different devices with different versions of iOS and Android finding their way into organisations. It actually created more cost," he said.

Instead, companies are turning to choose your own device (CYOD), according to Delaney, where employees get to pick from a shortlist of company-owned hardware. Meanwhile, BlackBerry sees corporate-owned, personally enabled (COPE) as the way forward, where employees are allowed to use their company-owned device for things other than just work, such as downloading Facebook or games onto their phone.

Both of these visions are slightly self-serving, in that CYOD is likely to see most enterprises offer employees a choice from a handful of Windows devices, while COPE is well suited for the Balance feature of BlackBerry's smartphones, which keeps work and personal content securely separate.

However, they are both much more restrained options than the free-for-all scenario that was touted by the BYOD proponents, who claimed that the era when the IT department could dictate to employees or even control them at all was drawing to a close.

As anyone who gave the notion more than a moment's thought could have told you, this was never going to work. Give a team of 12 people the chance to choose what they want to use in the workplace and the chances are you will end up with 12 completely different devices, comprising a motley collection of operating systems and applications.

Providing support for all those devices, and more importantly, protecting any company data that might be accessed on them, would be an impossible task.

Look around any office today, and the chances are you will still see a bunch of Windows PCs, with perhaps some Macs in evidence. Tablets have found their way into the enterprise, but these tend to be companion device to a PC or Mac, unless you are one of those executives who doesn't really do any work anyway.

Things are different on the phone side, because pretty much everybody owns a smartphone these days anyway, and many companies are willing to let users access their work email this way.

So there you have it. BYOD seems to have been just a flash in the pan. Perhaps it never really was more than just a fanciful notion in the heads of some business owners - most likely in the US - who thought they could cut their IT bill by getting all their employees to supply their own computer instead.
    06-06-14 09:46 AM
    Apple Inc. Beats Purchase Could Be Positive for BlackBerry Ltd

"Jordan Kahn of 9to5Mac has learned that Apple has issued a new specification for manufacturers to make headphones that connect to the iPhones and iPads through the Lightining port rather than the 3.5mm headphone jack."
    06-06-14 11:38 AM
    How about a Z3 LTE for North America?????
    Not quite and not exactly sure about the whacky pricing. Smh

http://forums.crackberry.com/ext?lin...oryID.66826200

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:43 AM
    OT: Does anyone own Air Canada and have any thoughts?
    Thought about owning it. Need to make a gain on BlackBerry stock first.

Crazy that my first thought is that I like them because they are smart enough to get in the game early with a native BlackBerry app:

Check out Air Canada in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3762

Just sayin'.
    06-06-14 11:43 AM
    Oh...It's FRIDAY

Saw him & the girls IRL, twice in a raw, last Sunday.
    #popLife #letsGoCrazy
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-06-14 11:56 AM
    Have a great weekend Gang.

watch the fire coming out of Sexo phone. LoL
    In the background.
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-06-14 12:12 PM
    Arranged alternately along both sides of the entire Jubilee line tunnel at Waterloo Underground Station in London...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140606_181457.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140606_181445.jpg

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    rarsen likes this.
    06-06-14 12:18 PM
    See how the "complete" (read: cross-platform) promise is vague ? Can't even identify devices type at the first look (ok, one is obvious). Not sure they have any kind of support from manufacturers ... as we cannot see any brand logo on the ad.

Ok, I'm nitpicking, my turn, eh !
    rarsen likes this.
    06-06-14 12:35 PM
    Still low volumes, yet glad to float above the open price on a quiet sea

Have a great weekend, gang !
    We're in the 28Celcius rang under a shiny sky this weekend in Paris; Londoners: jump in the Eurostar !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    dusdal, sidhuk, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    06-06-14 12:46 PM
    Same here Antoine. 29 in Kelowna this weekend! Have an awesome weekend...miss you bro!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    06-06-14 01:57 PM
    OT: Does anyone know what's been going on with Sophiris lately? I can't seem to find any news on why it has been performing so poorly as of late.
    06-06-14 02:36 PM
    OT: NantHealth

Celgene is expected to announce a $25 million investment in NantHealth, a healthcare technology company founded by Patrick Soon-Shiong, TheStreet reported.
    06-06-14 03:05 PM
    OT: Does anyone know what's been going on with Sophiris lately? I can't seem to find any news on why it has been performing so poorly as of late.
    i second that...seems to be dropping below cash value..morgan i know you were looking at this one earlier..any thoughts/updates on it? thanks in advance
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-06-14 03:17 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/06/...reality-check/

"Every year Gartner releases a series of ?Magic Quadrant? (MQ) reports that evaluate technology companies to provide a qualitative analysis into a market and its direction and maturity. Gartner recently issued the MQ for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and it underscores a disconnect between the market perception about BlackBerry and the reality of our capabilities today and in the near future.

Gartner places BlackBerry?s overall position on the MQ as the leader in the ?niche? quadrant. They caution that BlackBerry lacks support and mobile content management for multi-platform environments. The misperception here is that BlackBerry has a small user base that only caters to a narrow segment of the market with minimal productivity capabilities.

The reality is that in a few short months, the new leadership team, inspired by our CEO John Chen, has made decisive and swift changes to redefine our enterprise strategy and put us back on the path to success. Gartner?s MQ process has been unable to keep pace with the speed of change and innovation at which BlackBerry is moving.

While we execute against our plan, it is critical that we also help our customers understand the facts amidst a sea of outdated assumptions and misperceptions. Let me break down a few:

Perception: BlackBerry has a small percentage of the enterprise market.

Reality: BlackBerry is the market leader ? and we lead by a significant margin with an enterprise customer base that is larger than our top three competitors combined.

Perception: BlackBerry can only manage BlackBerry devices.

Reality: BlackBerry is multi-platform. We?ve expanded our BES10 and BBM messaging platform to include iOS and Android, and later this year we will add Windows Phone. And, by enabling our BlackBerry 10 devices to be managed by select MDM partners, BlackBerry will provide organizations with more flexibility and choice with their mobile device environments.

Perception: BlackBerry has not driven wide adoption of its multi-platform BES solution.

Reality: BlackBerry is seeing significant penetration of its BES10 multi-platform solution with nearly 33,000 commercial and test servers installed to date. With the new BlackBerry EZ Pass migration program, we have also issued more than 800,000 new BES10 licenses since launching the program in March. Migrations to BES10 include customers trading in licenses from other MDM vendors such as AirWatch, MobileIron and Good Technology.

Perception: Other companies can do what BlackBerry does.

Reality: BlackBerry has the largest install base, an unparalleled global infrastructure, and the deepest understanding of how to provide secure, productive mobile collaboration and communications in the enterprise space. In addition, as of March, BlackBerry had $2.7 billion in cash and we are on track to achieve our goal of becoming cash-flow positive by the end of fiscal year 2015. Meanwhile, two of the firms Gartner named in the leaders quadrant of the MQ are experiencing their own financial woes:

Good Technology burned through $54 million in cash in 2013, leaving a mere $42 million at the end of last year. Despite tripling losses, it recently filed for an initial public offering hoping that this provides them a way to pull back from the brink of extinction.
    MobileIron had revenue of $105.6 million in 2013, but its net loss was still $32.5 million. While its 2013 revenue was more than double the prior year, it included $21.1 million from perpetual license deals that were signed and delivered in prior years.
    Those numbers don?t inspire much confidence. Nor should the ability of these competitors to achieve a vision like BlackBerry?s ? extending our proven mobility leadership into the hyper-connected world being created by the Internet of Things. Today, BlackBerry, through our QNX subsidiary, manages tens of millions of ?things,? a capability that not one of the other vendors on the MQ can boast. BlackBerry has a unique opportunity to lead in this nascent space as its newest BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12 (BES12) is the first of our mobility management platforms to manage all the ?things? that generate the massive amounts of data.

Beyond the facts, the confidence I have in BlackBerry comes from customers who tell me that they believe in BlackBerry?s new leadership, the approach we are taking to stabilize the business and our ability to execute on our vision. Customers tell me every day that BlackBerry continues to be a necessity for security and productivity above all else ? especially those in regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare and government.

As we evaluate how public perception has skewed reality for BlackBerry, our incumbent advantage should have significant weight in Gartner?s evaluation. The fact is we remain the only company that can support the full range of organizations? mobility management requirements ? from the highest security demands of regulated industries to the most open BYOD environments, and across multiple device platforms.

We may have navigated through some treacherous patches, but the bold changes we have made in the past six months have given BlackBerry a solid path to continue our success.
    "

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-06-14 05:47 PM
106,460 ... 26422643264426452646 ...