View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Nice rig. Add a few options and up to ~$72K, LoL
    Picked them all. They have some sort of promotion going on here. After taxes it might be close to 70k.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-14 11:04 AM
    Disneys Frozen BBM Stickers Coming Next Week

Looks like a licensing company called TextPride has bought the rights for branded virtual goods from Disney for sects like like Pixars Toy Story, MGM, Hearst and Sega. New York based, they are responsible for bringing the recently announced Toy Story stickers into the BBM Shop.

As part of this deal it looks like TextPride is seeking to bring their virtual goods into messaging apps like BBM, Kik and Viber. Next week they will be bringing some exclusive Frozen artwork to BlackBerry Messenger. Toy Story is already a #1 seller in the BBM Shop and they seek to expand this lead with Frozen.

toy-story-01-2014Frozen is one the top 5 grossing movies, ever. Children and adults alike love the the characters and they are expected to sell very well on BlackBerry Messenger. This is a strong sign of the kinds of content BlackBerry wants to expose to their users, with focus on branded big named supporters to boost the relevance of their sticker offering.

While we all want BlackBerry to make the BBM Shop a bit more open and accessible. We cant harp on their execution which has been focused on a premium offering. In our Q&A sessions with BlackBerrys John Sims he gave us a heads up that famous soccer players caricatures were also headed to BBM in short time. This on the heels of a limited edition release of FIFA 2014 stickers from Coca-Cola Indonesia.

Allowing BBM to drive brand partnerships, in the consumer face, around the world is a wise and well thought out primary objective for the BBM teams, and while BBM is being split-focused on consumers and enterprise, BlackBerry can expound and connect these offerings to make one seamless experience for end users. Knowing that Disneys Frozen are coming next week to BBM in sticker form, what are your thoughtsWill you be buying this fourth-coming packAnd what do you think of BBM stickers overall?

Disney's Frozen BBM Stickers Coming Next Week |
    05-31-14 12:37 PM
    SEGA, MGM, Hearst, and Disney Bringing New BBM Stickers

TextPride, who brings licensed mobile messaging content (branded emoji and stickers) from more than 200 major sports and entertainment brands to third party messaging apps, let us know it has partnered with BlackBerry for new BBM stickers.

BBM will have TextPride to distribute digital content to users and launching new branded content from top brands including SEGA, MGM, Hearst, and Disneys Frozen.

Well soon be catching up with TextPride to discuss them bringing stickers/branded content to BBM as they have a great deal of insight into the sticker industry as a whole. Keep it locked to N4BB for that upcoming editorial.

SEGA, MGM, Hearst, and Disney Bringing New BBM Stickers | N4BB
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Bilaal and 1 others like this.
    05-31-14 12:48 PM
    In random weekend news, I had a look at some 4K TVs yesterday, the picture quality really is amazing... I was about to buy one and then... I remember that unless I watched the demo disc on loop there is virtually no content... maybe in a couple of years.
    Yet if you have a solid full HD source (Blue Ray) then the upscaling can do magic. On a regular cable HD (720p) signal it is already really nice.
    4K choice would be for future compatibility if you need a new TV set.

Have a nice weekend, gang !
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-31-14 12:54 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140531_202421.jpg
    Cheers Gang

05-31-14 08:26 PM
    Trying a used Z10 for first time. I suspect it will go well. I still love the look of both the q10 and the z10. They were kind of prototypes when we think about it. But they are good looking phones.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and zyben like this.
    05-31-14 11:26 PM
    Great taste Sidhuk, beers from my country!!!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-01-14 07:44 AM
    This is an OK review of the Z30 . . . but they missed it completely on the browser!!! "BlackBerry Browser not as good as Chrome or Safari." They didn't read the review by the known BlackBerry haters at BGR, (BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR).

The BlackBerry Z30 Review

The BlackBerry Z30 Has A Lot of Promise – Yes We Said it: Review
    By Scott Schaen On June 1, 2014

We’ll hand it to BlackBerry, the new Z30 is nice. And yes, we realize it seems like BlackBerry is a sinking ship, but there’s a lot of promise in this new smartphone and BlackBerry 10. First and foremost, it supports most Android apps, so it already has Windows phone beat. Secondly, the entire OS revolves around the fact that you are a social creature and you need easy access to your emails and notifications at all times. There’s a bunch of other neat/convenient features too. You’re headed in the right direction, BlackBerry.

Z30 is a good looking device. It fits right in today’s smartphone market. It’s sporting a large 5″ super AMOLED screen and it’s dressed to impress. There’s a thin black bezel, a gun-smoke chin and gun-smoke sides, and a real carbon fiber back plate. It’s a tough phone, which is why it’s heftier than it looks (6 ounces). The design is relatively minimalistic. There’s no buttons on the front, just a few on the side for volume, mute, and lock. There’s a micro-USB port for syncing/charging and a micro HDMI port for video out. Snap the carbon fiber backplate off and you can swap out the micro-SIM card, or micro-SD card.

The specs are solid: 1.7GHz dual core Qualcomm processor, 2GB of RAM, and a large 2,880 mAH battery. The screen is a beautiful super AMOLED 720p display with high pixel density (295ppi). There’s an 8MP autofocus back camera with 1080P video recording, and a 2MP fixed focus front camera.

What service provider is the Z30 tied to you ask? None! It’s completely unlocked. It’s quad-band and supports LTE, HPSA, UMTS, GPRS, EDGE, and GSM.

This is the largest screen that’s ever been on a BlackBerry. Measuring at 5” corner to corner, it’s a really nice size. Not quite phablet, but still a large phone. The screen detail is fantastic. The colors are very vibrant and the blacks are inky black (our favorite). It fits the “retina display” guidelines and looks just as nice (if not nicer) than Apple’s official retina display.

Usability is maybe the most important feature of every phone. I wouldn’t call the BlackBerry 10 intuitive, but once you learn the few gestures, it’s insanely easy and efficient to use. The key ingredient is the swipe up. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and you’re at your recently used apps. After swiping up, swipe right and you’ll reveal your information Hub (or swipe up and towards the right), or swipe left and reveal all of your other apps. There’s technically no home screen. Swiping up takes you to home base. It takes no time getting used to and BlackBerry Hub is a beautiful, beautiful, feature. Also, because everyone’s come to love quick toggles and shortcuts (i.e. toggle WiFi, toggle airplane mode, brightness).

BlackBerry hub. If there’s one thing BlackBerry knows, it’s how to organize notifications for busy people. The Hub is one of BlackBerry’s greatest features. It consolidates all of your messaging and notifications into one list, and can even prioritize it based on past behavior. Every notification in one easy-to-get-to place. If only iOS and Android were this easy. Of course you can also break down all of the notifications/messages by account. BlackBerry has integrated the Hub into the lock screen too so you can see all of your notifications, separated by application.

The camera can take fantastic shots, but it might take a bit of work. The focusing can require effort, as does white balance. The camera controls are easy to use, but compared to an iPhone, it’s not as easy to take a beautiful shot off the bat. With the right conditions, the photographs come out very detailed, very vibrant, and very beautiful.

There a ton of other neat and useful features baked into the Z30. For now, we’ll just list some off. Responsive typing with next-word suggestions and haptic feedback, voice activation, desktop syncing, time shift photo taking, universal search, profiles to separate work and home, LED indicator, dual stereo speakers, multiple microphones, BlackBerry Tag with NFC for syncing other devices, Face-to-face video chat with BBM Video, GPS, Navigation, HDMI mirroring and presentation mode, BBM (which is now supported by iOS and Android), and also Bedside Mode which puts your phone on do-not-disturb and also displays a dim clock.

That’s everything BlackBerry Z30 has, but what doesn’t it have? Well, it’s lacking familiarity since it’s more-or-less a brand new OS. It doesn’t take long to get used to though. It supports most Android apps, in addition to a bunch of native BlackBerry apps, but it’s unfortunately missing out on all of the good Google Apps (Hangouts, Maps, Docs, Drive, Chrome). There is, of course, support for Calendar, Contacts, and Mail. It also may not be the easiest to find Android apps of your choice (I used the Amazon app store). If you get a Z30, you might as well embrace the BlackBerry World app store, it has most of the popular apps (Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Evernote, DropBox, Angry Birds), but it’s missing some of them too (Instagram, Spotify). Other than that, it’s not missing out on much. It can do just about anything iOS or Android can, and in some cases even more.

Verdict

We’re not sipping the koolaid, the BlackBerry Z30 is a very fine phone. Are we giving up our iPhones anytime soon? We’re not, but you could easily make a case for switching. BlackBerry was always the working persons phone, and they’ve done a fantastic job on optimizing around productivity, messaging, and notifications. It makes us realize how badly iOS and Android need a “hub”. The fit and finish is well done; it’s a sleek device with a smooth interface. When you sum it all up, you’re just missing out on a few apps, but the Android support solves most of that problem. You can score the BlackBerry Z30, unlocked, off of Amazon for $429.99. It might sound like a lot, but for an off-contract phone you’re getting a lot of bang for your buck. Oh, and we forgot to mention, the mega battery will easily get you through a day (maybe two).

The Good: Beautiful, large, responsive, polished UI, and very efficient/productive to use. BlackBerry Hub is the best for managing messages and notifications. Screen is gorgeous. Lots of features, supports Android Apps, long-lasting battery, and great specs. HDMI output, unlocked, durable, real carbon fiber backplate and great speakers/sound quality.

The Bad: Still lacking some of the best apps. On the heavy side and BlackBerry Browser not as good as Chrome or Safari.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, zyben and 7 others like this.
    06-01-14 08:22 AM
    Introducing the iWatch

06-01-14 08:41 AM
    Obviously doing sit ups under parked cars.

(browser reference).

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-01-14 08:42 AM
    This is an OK review of the Z30 . . . but they missed it completely on the browser!!! "BlackBerry Browser not as good as Chrome or Safari." They didn't read the review by the known BlackBerry haters at BGR, (BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR).
    A lot of my friends complain about the browser actually. Yes, browser vs browser BlackBerry Browser wins! But its small convenience features that matter.

My friend can be browsing on desktop, open his chrome on his iPhone and simply access that desktop tab on his phone and move on

It's things like these (synching across multiple devices) that shape user's preference for one app over the other.

It's not just how fast the website is rendered or how closely it adheres to RFCs/standards. All that is given. That 1. You'll render website reasonably fast 2. You'll be compatible with web standards. But it's the other stuff that sets an app class apart from others.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:44 AM
    I use blackberry browser as default. But on the desktop I use Maxthon browser. This is the fastest browser IMO almost same as opera.
    I use Maxthon android app on z30 for across synch.
    http://www.maxthon.com/

morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-01-14 10:48 AM
    Looks like lineups at shops in Indo again today?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140601_095436.png

Maybe new supply?

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-01-14 11:55 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140601_095436.png 
Views:	2083 
Size:	380.8 KB 
ID:	275224

Maybe new supply?

could be returning the previous purchased Z3? LoL
    remember under 25000 were sold?
    06-01-14 12:23 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140601_095436.png 
Views:	2083 
Size:	380.8 KB 
ID:	275224

one can argue its a line up for coffee....on a hot sunny day....LoL...
    zyben, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-01-14 12:39 PM
    A light Sunday read:

Why I can’t live without my BlackBerry

Why I can’t live without my BlackBerry | Welcome to Natalie Crampton
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-01-14 12:47 PM
    http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends

Recommended by Chris Umiastowski for everyone investing in tech stocks

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, leafs123 and 1 others like this.
    06-01-14 02:20 PM
    could be returning the previous purchased Z3? LoL
    remember under 25000 were sold?
    Returning two for every one bought! Remember that one? LoL
    06-01-14 03:28 PM
    OT: But does anyone know anything about APPL's stock split?
    06-01-14 05:11 PM
    7 to 1. I think it happens about June 9 or thereabouts. It will make the $100 price threshold both psychologically significant and very attainable.

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal likes this.
    06-01-14 07:02 PM
    Why have you decided to split Apple's stock?
    We want Apple stock to be more accessible to a larger number of investors.

Has Apple stock ever split before?
    This will be Apple’s fourth stock split since going public. Apple's common stock split on a 2-for-1 basis on May 15, 1987, on June 21, 2000 and also on February 18, 2005.

What is the effective date of the split?
    There are several key dates.

The Record Date – June 2, 2014 - determines which shareholders are entitled to receive additional shares due to the split.

The Split Date – June 6, 2014 - shareholders are due split shares after the close of business on this date.

The Ex Date - June 9, 2014 - the date determined by NASDAQ when Apple common shares will trade at the new split-adjusted price.
    Apple Inc. - Frequently Asked Questions
    Bilaal likes this.
    06-01-14 07:06 PM

The BlackBerry Z30 Review

The specs are solid: 1.7GHz dual core Qualcomm processor[/B].

... Forgot the quad-core GPU, which puts it near the top of its class. This is a huge function.
    06-01-14 10:55 PM
    Snap Users Have Downloaded 2.5 Million Android Apps Direct to BlackBerry 10

Snap Users Have Downloaded 2.5 Million Android Apps Direct to BlackBerry 10 |
    06-01-14 11:08 PM
    Snap Users Have Downloaded 2.5 Million Android Apps Direct to BlackBerry 10

Snap Users Have Downloaded 2.5 Million Android Apps Direct to BlackBerry 10 |
    From the above post.
    "To Android developers out there, you are Fikin? idiots to ignore this platform.

There is money on the table?BlackBerry World is waiting for you."

06-02-14 12:17 AM
    And now, here it is Mobile Iron / Good go for IPO ... as sales (growth) slowdowns.
    So, MDM alone worse $8-$10 or 6.4X sales ?
    I let you do the maths

[notice the biased "Leading mobile device management" ... at least very disputable]

From Seeking Alpha newsletter, but you can also read it in full here : MobileIron, Good get set for IPOs amid competition from BlackBerry, VMware - Mobile Iron, Inc. (Pending:MOBL) | Seeking Alpha

• Leading mobile device management (MDM) software firm MobileIron (MOBL) has set an $8-$10 IPO price range. At the midpoiint, the range spells a valuation of $672M, or 6.4x 2013 sales.
    • MobileIron, which originally filed in April, is looking to raise $89M-$111M by selling 11.1M. shares. Though still growing at a healthy clip, the company's latest S-1 points to a growth slowdown: Billings rose 34% Y/Y in Q1 to $30.3M, notably slower than 2013's 48% clip. Revenue, pressured by a shift to subscription sales from perpetual licenses, only rose 9% to $28.2M.
    • Good Technology, another high-profile MDM player, is also getting set to go public ... and its numbers are more worrying. Billings actually fell 2% Y/Y in Q1 to $47.4M, and 1% in 2013 to $194.3M. Revenue still rose 35% in Q1 to $46.6M. Good hasn't yet disclosed a symbol or offering terms. (S-1)
    • Each company, along with its peers, faces two big challenges. One is that the MDM market has become intensely competitive, with SAP, IBM, BlackBerry, VMware, Citrix, and (most recently) Microsoft all looking for a piece of it.
    • VMware (VMW) made a $1.54B bet on the space in January by acquiring MDM vendor AirWatch. BlackBerry (BBRY), which has added iOS/Android support to its offerings, has made MDM a key part of its enterprise-focused turnaround strategy.
    • The other issue, which also affects larger firms, is that many MDM installations haven't gone as planned. GigaOm's talks with CIOs using a "well-known" offering found (among other things) MDM was often "limited to password enforcement and remote wipe, and that e-mail was "the only widely-supported secure app."
    • The site adds that while "enterprises have spent millions" on mobile management solutions, most of the software "sits unused because making the pieces work together still proves difficult."

Have a great week, gang !

P.S/O.T : Prince concert was awesome. sorry: AWESOME !
    06-02-14 03:22 AM
106,800 ... 26342635263626372638 ...