View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I do wish there were a thread here where we could share and debate ideas without the cultish fawning lunacy and silly hissing and chanting...
    Well that does present an opportunity for you to start something up. And rather than calling the thread, say, 'I support BBRY and I buy shares!' you could call it 'The BBRY thread devoid of cultish fawning lunacy and silly hissing and chanting..". I would pay a visit. For amusement value alone.
    05-28-14 04:30 PM
    BlackBerry CEO sees company returning to profitability, prominence, WSJ says

BlackBerry CEO sees company cash flow positive or breakeven end of fiscal year
    05-28-14 04:30 PM
    Nice headlines just weeks before earnings....
    05-28-14 04:37 PM
    The more the stock goes down, the more it will go up!

Who cares whether the charts have been any sort of indicator of anything...please send some more charts! I support BBRY and I'll buy shares, no matter what happens!

The whole world is mad - it's a great conspiracy, etc!

Someone has something critical to say - TROLL!

Chen and Co have a plan - it will definitely work because he a star and we love him!

You guys have fun...I think this thread has unfortunately lost a lot of its value, and has descended into a lot of self-delusion and crackpottery. Beam me up or ban me, Scotty...

I do wish there were a thread here where we could share and debate ideas without the cultish fawning lunacy and silly hissing and chanting...if that makes me a troll, fine, but I'd rather be a troll than a goat...

(for the record, I think there are plenty of sensible people in here - no offence intended to you)

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    As it happens, starting a thread on the CB forums is remarkably straight forward.

Go for it.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    05-28-14 04:52 PM
    From Chen speaking at the Code conference now.

Walt: Is BlackBerry going to make Android handsets?

Chen: If there's enough money on the table. I can't comment on that right now.
    05-28-14 04:54 PM
    If a CEO interview can pop up the stock by 2%, wait until some real numbers come in and see how the stock will react. I strongly feel that we've seen the bottom.
    05-28-14 04:54 PM
    05-28-14 04:58 PM
    Blackberry CEO: "We will be able to save the patient." Odds? "80/20." #codecon $BBRY

Few months back Chen said 50/50
    05-28-14 05:04 PM
    I like JC's timing for todays CNBC interview to kick some nasty butts. Today suppose to be blackberry bashing day. blackberry dead articles coming left right and center, even predicting 2018, LMAO.
    and this guy digs out few months old news to bash. not sure what part of breaking contract he doesnt understand? even the supreme court judge took blackberry's side.
    Why BlackBerry’s court win against a senior employee will hurt its talent recruitment | Financial Post
    05-28-14 05:07 PM

why not? if it makes money. there are plenty of companies making money off android skins. all bleckberry10 has to do is provide headless/with head (LOL) android skin. or same android skin over our beloved qnx.
    I think i should go to GYM now. LoL
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-28-14 05:12 PM

http://business.financialpost.com/20...-marineau-mes/
    "CEO John Chen rates the chances of saving the once-ubiquitous BlackBerry handset as 80/20.

"I'm quite confident that we can save the patient" he told attendees at the tech-centric Code Conference in southern California.

Still, if the company has to ditch the handset, and survive on its software and patents, the company can do so, he said.

"I will be able to create a lot of value for our shareholder even without handset business, but I can create more with the handset business," Chen said.

He said the company will be coming out with a device designed to appeal to telecom companies, though he declined to give more details.

Asked whether he was the most qualified person to run the troubled company, he responded: "Am I the most qualified? No, I'm the only one they could find."

He also declined to comment when asked if the company would be making Android handsets."
    05-28-14 05:15 PM

Asked whether he was the most qualified person to run the troubled company, he responded: "Am I the most qualified? No, I'm the only one they could find."
    Humble and humorous...love it.
    theRock1975, jxnb, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    05-28-14 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry CEO: Apple's iPhone 6 might be a positive thing

BlackBerry CEO John Chen said the release of Apple's iPhone 6 could be good for the struggling smartphone maker as the company focuses on its enterprise business and its ability to manage multiple platforms.
    "We hope that we will be able to manage everything and the customer will see us as a very robust platform," Chen said at Re/code's Code Conference on Wednesday. "I view that [the iPhone 6] as a positive, not a negative ? I want more and more devices out there."
    Chen has struggled to rebrand the company and move it beyond its reliance on smartphones, a concept it pioneered.
    BlackBerry aims to reverse fortunes with budget phone
    He said its new Z3 device is just one small part of BlackBerry's overall product turnaround plan and said the device's sales will not change the "big picture."
    It's estimated that BlackBerry's share of the smartphone market will drop to 0.8 percent this year, then to 0.3 percent in 2018, research firm International Data Corp. said earlier on Wednesday.

Full article here....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101711881
    Mr BBRY, zyben, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    05-28-14 05:49 PM
    From code/conference:

BlackBerry Going Back to Enterprise Roots, CEO Chen Says | Re/code

BlackBerry CEO John Chen admits that one of the things that contributed to BlackBerry’s decline was that it lost sight of its audience, building products for consumers and enterprise users but not necessarily serving the needs of either. But the company has a renewed focus now.

“We’re going back to our enterprise roots,” Chen said onstage at the Code Conference. “I don’t really want to comment on past management decisions, but we cast our net a little too broad. At the same time, we haven’t really added value to the enterprise space.”

As a result, Chen said, it cost BlackBerry to unconsciously fight the BYOD (bring your own device) movement, and that was the wrong move.

Going forward, the company plans to focus on building products — phones, security systems, an app ecosystem, servers and more — that address the needs of its core audience.

Chen mentioned that the company is working on a handset designed for certain verticals, like the medical profession, and is heavily tied to relevant applications.

But how do you get developers to create apps for a dying platform?

“We’re working on some of that stuff,” said Chen. “We’re going to have to tie ourself in some way — and I don’t know what the innovative way is yet — to preserve the BlackBerry value add of security, productivity and collaboration.”
    05-28-14 06:27 PM
    From code/conference:

BlackBerry Can Be Saved, Says CEO Chen | Re/code

BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen used self-deprecating humor to convey a message to the skeptics who’ve counted the smartphone maker out in the market that it pioneered.

“We have a lot of problems,” Chen said in an appearance Wednesday at the inaugural Code Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. “But it’s not dead.”

QUOTED:
    “I’m the most qualified person to do this, or the only one they found.”
    Blackberry CEO John Chen on his job candidacy.

Chen acknowledged that there are parts of the company that were, well, sicker than he presumed when he joined BlackBerry in November 2013 as its chief executive. The positioning of the phones, for example, was weaker than he had initially thought — even as it held a stronger position its security and embedded systems in automobiles.

Asked to offer his prognosis for the company, which reported an annual loss of $5.9 billion for the year that ended March 1, Chen offered an upbeat diagnosis.

“I am quite confident that we’ll be able to save the patient,” Chen said.

Chen said the company’s future will hinge on successfully returning to its enterprise roots and developing products for specialized markets where security is valued, such as healthcare.

BlackBerry will also attempt to crack the Internet of Things market — selling its technologies to companies whose products would, in turn, be sold to consumers, Chen said. It will even make another run at the handset market, where its share is estimated at roughly one percent, according to researcher IDC.

“I am not by any shape of the imagination … giving up yet,” Chen said.
    05-28-14 06:29 PM
    More from code/conference:

John Chen Says BlackBerry Can’t Compete for Developers | Re/code

With its share of the global smartphone market headed below one percent, BlackBerry CEO John Chen acknowledged Wednesday that the company probably can�t compete head-on for developers with iOS and Android.

Chen said the company will continue to seek developers in key vertical markets, but said that BlackBerry is probably no longer in the position of being able to support a full ecosystem.

The most logical option would be for BlackBerry to more fully support Android. Already, Android apps can be tweaked to run on BlackBerry 10 handhelds. Chen said in a recent interview, 98 percent of Android apps can run on BlackBerry.

As to whether BlackBerry might be keen to do that, Chen didn�t rule it out. And a check from Google might make that even more attractive.

In general, Chen is taking BlackBerry back to its roots, looking to focus its device and server business on heavily regulated industries such as healthcare, government and financial services.

Chen says he thinks he can create more value for shareholders by keeping in the device business but said he isn�t emotionally tied to the business if he can�t find a way to make money. Ultimately, it will depend on whether customers actually like the phone ideas that Chen has in store.

Overall, he upped the odds of saving the company to 80-20. Chen got a lot of flack after characterizing BlackBerry�s survival at 50-50 earlier this year.

�I am quite confident that we�ll be able to save the patient,� Chen said.
    05-28-14 06:40 PM
    Corbu - Your posts are outstanding tonight. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:47 PM
    Analyst: 4 Reasons Why I Want BlackBerry to Beat Google in the Internet of Things

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/05/...|engagement|ww

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    zyben, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    05-28-14 06:49 PM
    Some quotes from John Chen at code/conference:

“I’m the most qualified person to do this, or the only one they found.”
    Blackberry CEO John Chen on his job candidacy.

“We have a lot of problems, but it’s not dead.”
    Blackberry CEO John Chen on the health of the company.

“If someone hacked your house … you might not be allowed to leave your house”
    Blackberry CEO John Chen on the importance of internet security.

“He’s obviously more successful than I am.”
    Blackberry CEO John Chen on Masayoshi Son.
    A bit of humour is never bad.
    Mr BBRY, rim4ever, zyben and 3 others like this.
    05-28-14 06:53 PM
    Some Videos...

BlackBerry CEO John Chen at Code Conference

http://player.theplatform.com/p/Phfu...t/YmVC_cKWS9dK

John Chen on Japan’s Golf Culture

http://player.theplatform.com/p/Phfu...t/etUAnvG46ZC3

PS: Bla1ze's excellent recap, including videos (which I wasn't able to embed)
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo...back-its-roots
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-28-14 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added PS
    05-28-14 07:05 PM
    The more the stock goes down, the more it will go up!

Who cares whether the charts have been any sort of indicator of anything...please send some more charts! I support BBRY and I'll buy shares, no matter what happens!

The whole world is mad - it's a great conspiracy, etc!

Someone has something critical to say - TROLL!

Chen and Co have a plan - it will definitely work because he a star and we love him!

You guys have fun...I think this thread has unfortunately lost a lot of its value, and has descended into a lot of self-delusion and crackpottery. Beam me up or ban me, Scotty...

I do wish there were a thread here where we could share and debate ideas without the cultish fawning lunacy and silly hissing and chanting...if that makes me a troll, fine, but I'd rather be a troll than a goat...

(for the record, I think there are plenty of sensible people in here - no offence intended to you)

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    The more we had people trying to derail the topic, the more these same person felt what you describe.
    We are chanting ? please dance.
    Yet we do know everything isn't beautiful and shiny, though we choose to focus on a long and patient observation of positive mid-long term forecasting .
    There's no magic, instant idea for that.

I wish you have the patience an follow-up discipline most have here for over 3 years now, and I'll be glad to read and participate to your dream of thread, please let us know where it is.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 08:05 PM
    This is just stupid journalism!
    BlackBerry Ltd’s OS 10.3 May Have Multitasking [REPORT] Source: BlackBerry Ltd's OS 10.3 May Have Multitasking [REPORT]

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s 10.3 OS is again hogging the limelight as developers have reportedly built in a new multitasking feature into the BB10.3 SDK beta on BB10 QWERTY phones. Website BBin posted a new .gif image in which the space bar on the QWERTY keyboard can minimize activity on the screen if pressed for long. Also it can be used to open apps and navigate directly on the home screen.

lol

BlackBerry has (pretty much) always had multi-tasking!
    dusdal, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    05-28-14 11:45 PM
    Where do you see that people are starting to come back to Blackberry? Sorry but I do not see this trend.
    That was a quote from the lady in the article. Have a click above on the link I provided to clarify.

Side note: Since you mentioned it, I do in fact, notice quite a few Z10's out there as of this last few Months, where 6 Months ago, I only saw 1! When I asked that one guy, he said it was issued from his company and he hated it.
    Even though I am slightly bearish regarding BlackBerry handsets regarding sales numbers, as of late, I am definitely seeing more bb10 gear out there.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-14 12:15 AM
    Despite the sales downturn trend, Wulan noted, customers were uncomfortable using BBM on other platforms.
    �People are starting to come back to BB because most consumers tell me that it is just more comfortable using BBM on BB devices than on others,� she said.

the statement above are based just from one sales person, on one store...until the total number said people start comeback to BB i dont think one source on one location are the best valid number...
    Of course we can't cash in our chips based on one personal experience, as all the expert analysts would have us believe.
    We can, however, use critical thinking skills and simply paste this persons experience onto our wall map of the direction that our BlackBerry is heading.

Keep us posted. The BlackBerry world is watching Jakarta.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 12:22 AM
    The more the stock goes down, the more it will go up!...

Personally, I have one of those Bollinger bands wrapped around my wrist.

When I get too carried away, I just snap it!
    That usually does the trick.

05-29-14 12:38 AM
113,256 ... 26272628262926302631 ...