View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/53953...nada&ir=Canada

It seems that the iOS hack has been exploited.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:21 AM
    Some news from our partners::

Foxconn to buy $390 million stake in Taiwan telecom operator in 4G push | Reuters
    Foxconn eyes up mobile move with $390m 4G deal - Computer Business Review

Foxconn, the company best known for manufacturing iPhone components, has agreed a $390m deal to buy a stake in Taiwanese 4G mobile operator Asia Pacific Telecom as it looks to branch out into new areas.

Under the deal, Foxconn, which is based in Taipei, will pay T$20 (39p) per share for 582.9 million shares in Asia Pacific via a private placement, both companies said in stock exchange filings on Tuesday, giving it an approximate 15% stake in the operator.

The deal will be carried out by Foxconn's subsidiary company Ambit Microsystems, the unit responsible for its future 4G deployment.

Pending agreement on the deal, Ambit and Asia Pacific will merge into a single entity operating as Asia Pacific Telecom by June 20.

Following the news, shares in Asia Pacific Telecom rose as much as 6.7% before closing 1.1% higher at NT$18.05 (36p), Bloomberg reported, valuing the company at around NT$60bn (�1.18bn). Shares in Foxconn, listed on the Taiwanese stock exchange as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, climbed 0.3% with the benchmark Taiex (TWSE) index closing 0.2% up.

Foxconn paid NT$9.18bn ($180.6m) for one of the licenses to operate part of Taiwan's 4G spectrum in a public auction last October, with service expected to begin later this year.

"Getting a 4G license is part of Foxconn's long-term plan to go beyond manufacturing to offer a full range of services," company spokesman Simon Hsing said at the time. "Taiwan will be a showcase for us to prove that we can offer integrated hardware, software, content and services."

The news is the latest in a series of moves by Foxconn as it looks to expand its focus into new areas and begin working with a wide range of partners. Earlier this year, it was reported that the company was looking to expand its manufacturing into both the US and Indonesia, with Foxconn Technology Group chairman Terry Gou quoted as saying "The U.S. is a must-go market."

Alongside its existing deals with Apple and Mozilla, Foxconn is also reportedly planning to sign a deal with BlackBerry to design and market its phones in China as the company struggles to reinvigorate its smartphone business.
    05-27-14 07:39 AM
    iPhones, iPads Hacked And Held For Ransom In Australia And New Zealand By 'Oleg Pliss'
    Posted via CB10
    Scary.
    If this happend to BBRY, the stock would tank the next minute, but AAPL is still green in premarket.
    Is the news to fresh or do investors think this doesn't matter at all because Apple never fails?
    05-27-14 08:06 AM
    Scary.
    If this happend to BBRY, the stock would tank the next minute, but AAPL is still green in premarket.
    Is the news to fresh or do investors think this doesn't matter at all because Apple never fails?
    The latter, if you ask me. Unfortunately.
    05-27-14 08:11 AM
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/53953...nada&ir=Canada

Posted via CB10
    No big deal...at least they are seeing the demand on their retina display

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Corbu, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 08:27 AM
    Dud anyone else who owns shares get a notice in the mail to vote for election of directors?
    1- john chen
    2- timothy dattels
    3- claudia kotchka
    4- richard lynch
    5- barbara stymiest
    6- prem watsa

And to vote for or against four different proposed actions...

I didn't get a chance to read or research it yet to form an opinion but I was wondering if anyone else got it and will be voting?

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    I got it in my mail yesterday! I'll be attending the AGM in person

Read over the proxy material, will most likely vote with the board

Posted via CrackBerry App
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    05-27-14 08:31 AM
    Scary.
    it is even better Apple gets hacked, Blackberry comes down lol.....
    bungaboy, Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    05-27-14 08:36 AM
    Scary.
    Cause, that stock is owned by the people who own the paper and the ink in wall street.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-27-14 08:42 AM
    Cause, that stock is owned by the people who own the paper and the ink in wall street.

probably same as with Windows, if our Windows PC gets hacked, who is losing sleep over it? we or Bill Gates? yes, its we...probably the same with those hacked phones...
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 08:54 AM
    Scary.
    Because those stocks just print money and aren't susceptible to daily events, like BBRY.
    05-27-14 08:58 AM
    Updated: Hackers penetrate Avast's forums, compromise accounts http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/techr...0I/story01.htm

"Avast has more than two hundred million installations worldwide both on mobile and desktop devices and its free avast! free antivirus package has been one of the most downloaded security software in 2013."

zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-27-14 09:02 AM
    Apple Inc. (AAPL) Could Challenge BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) In Indonesia

first its the Z3 costs to much to compete with cheaper android handsets now its apple is going to take bbry market share in indonesia. Ye bc the Iphone isnt to expensive at all lol
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 09:02 AM
    Because those stocks just print money and aren't susceptible to daily events, like BBRY.
    Sure AAPL prints money, but that's already reflected in the current stock price. No reason to go up on bad news...
    05-27-14 09:22 AM
    Sure AAPL prints money, but that's already reflected in the current stock price. No reason to go up on bad news...
    Depends who is buying? Gotta protect the God. This is how a brain is washed. Illusions can be made real life with money.
    Right now blackberry stock has no steam, it is sure building up though but not fast enough to satisfy today's market. I am still looking forward to end of this fiscal year. I do like where it is heading.

georg4BB and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 09:34 AM
    Right now blackberry stock has no steam, it is sure building up though but not fast enough to satisfy today's market. I am still looking forward to end of this fiscal year. I do like where it is heading.
    Which reminds me that John Chen has been on board for 6 months now (+/- a week). So, if we take a step back, what can we say about what he has accomplished in that relatively short period of time? Seems to me this would be worth an in-depth CB editorial but personally, I am pleased with what has been accomplished so far and I remain hopeful for the future. Granted, we are not out of the woods yet and everything is far from perfect. But he appears to be slowly transforming this company, which is no easy feat in itself. Heck, it seems to me we are even starting to read some "lukewarm" headlines about BBRY, its transformation and its potential. I suspect we won't see any major price movement for another six months or so but what is another six months considering what we have already been through? My wish for the time being is for the management to stay the course and execute rigorously. Let them plant the seeds for the next 12-18 months and let's look forward to harvesting the results then.

I'd be curious to see what you guys think of the new CEO's first six months on the job.
    lech31, georg4BB, zyben and 7 others like this.
    05-27-14 09:58 AM
    Since we are talking Apple and BBRY...

This, from N4BB (it's just a concept!):

"If Apple and BlackBerry Made a Phone, it Would Look Like This"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-q30-concept.jpg

BlackBerry Windermere 'Q30' Render | N4BB
    05-27-14 10:12 AM
    Now this is what I am talking about.
    http://crackberry.com/durban-entrepr...ct-people-jobs

05-27-14 10:46 AM
    Now this is what I am talking about.
    http://crackberry.com/durban-entrepr...ct-people-jobs

A very innovative use for BBM. I wonder if he will open a BBM Channel?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 12:06 PM
    Interesting ITW of Sims @ berryflow : BerryFlow Q&A with John Sims, President of Global Enterprise Services at BlackBerry |

Attachment 274095

So let's sum up all rants marketing to this : should they go full throttle enterprise?
    me : yes.
    Me: no way.

They'll be going full throttle into a strong headwind if they keep on stillbirthing devices, and getting hammered in the media as a result, and that will harm enterprise, diluting the effectiveness of their marketing there as well.

I'll assume he means we won't see any marketing on the consumer side until the launch of new devices in developed countries. That would certainly make some sense, considering they don't want to go broke. If they actually launch the next line of high end devices with no marketing ...i mean, come on...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-27-14 12:30 PM
    Since we are talking Apple and BBRY...

This, from N4BB (it's just a concept!):

"If Apple and BlackBerry Made a Phone, it Would Look Like This"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-q30-concept.jpg 
Views:	2011 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	274147

BlackBerry Windermere 'Q30' Render | N4BB
    9900 style, nothing to do with apple, IMHO
    georg4BB, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 12:51 PM
    Me: no way.

They'll be going full throttle into a strong headwind if they keep on stillbirthing devices, and getting hammered in the media as a result, and that will harm enterprise, diluting the effectiveness of their marketing there as well.

I'll assume he means we won't see any marketing on the consumer side until the launch of new devices in developed countries. That would certainly make some sense, considering they don't want to go broke. If they actually launch the next line of high end devices with no marketing ...i mean, come on...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Is there something unclear in "for now" ?
    Just don't expect anything spectacular until past November: BES12+Classic launch.
    I believe Christmas shopping times will be somehow a signal.

P.S : "getting hammered in the media" ? It's been a (big) while we've not known such a peaceful, almost lukewarm media atmosphere ...
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    05-27-14 12:58 PM
    What a boring stock to watch! Sometimes I wish it goes down just to see any movement, LOL. (just kidding)

Regarding the Windemere render: It's nothing for me, but I think it could be a real workhorse for hardcore business people, and 'prosumer'. This render looks quite sexy, imho. I guess the rounded edges will be slightly smaller... The formfactor itself should work ver well. Big screen with wide keyboard but not top-heavy.
    Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-27-14 01:57 PM
    Ya this Windemer device does nothing for me. In fact design wise it's,imo, unwieldy, awkward, cast back to stone ages design. Maybe the real thing will surprise me if it ever becomes available. Even then it'll be even more niche than BlackBerry are now. I use the 'carp' out of a Q10. Give me a version of that with a Z10 type screen and maybe you got something. I don't miss the track pad btw. BB10 o/s is fantastic.
    05-27-14 02:09 PM
    Is there something unclear in "for now" ?
    Just don't expect anything spectacular until past November: BES12+Classic launch.
    I believe Christmas shopping times will be somehow a signal.

P.S : "getting hammered in the media" ? It's been a (big) while we've not known such a peaceful, almost lukewarm media atmosphere ...
    Christmas shopping time... by November the "large" purchases have already been accounted for. Manufactures looking to get in on the Christmas season usually launch in September.
    silversun10 likes this.
    05-27-14 02:59 PM
    Feels like that LG paid more money to the tech sites lately than Samsung did.
    LOL

bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-14 03:52 PM
113,256 ... 26232624262526262627 ...