View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    How do I send and view PM from CB10?
    Do you mind sending me a PM and how I shall see it?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Just noticed that it can't be done via cb10 app! Need to use web version from browser I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:09 PM
    Yeah. Just noticed that it can't be done via cb10 app! Need to use web version from browser I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12:20, let's meet at the registration front desk. How is that ?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:13 PM
    a comment by "Canadian Red neck" LoL
    "Dual sim card feature is nice to have but not a deal breaker. When I worked in China some years ago, you could buy one of those sim card copier and copied up to 4 sim card information onto one sim card. Then you just select which sim card you want to use.

Where I worked in China, many people travelled and worked in China and Hong Kong. So the dual sim card feature was desirable. I don't think that feature is that needed in North America. In Canada, most plans are now country wide.

By the way, I had not come across situation where family members shared a smartphone when I worked in Malaysia and Singapore. Phone is personal item."

I didnt know this existed.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    05-08-14 12:24 PM
    "More than 800,000 new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 licenses issued since the launch of migration program."
    This means 800,000 since March, 31? If this is true, it seems huge! Didn't Chen say most enterprises would wait for BES12?
    Press release from Marketwire

Strategy Analytics Recognizes BlackBerry as the Lowest TCO Multi-Platform Enterprise Mobility Management Solution

More than 800,000 new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 licenses issued since the launch of migration program

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Strategy Analytics Recognizes BlackBerry as the Lowest TCO Multi-Platform Enterprise Mobility Management Solution

08:00 EDT Thursday, May 08, 2014

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 8, 2014) -

Editors Note: There are 2 figures accompanying this press release.

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communication, today announced that BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) is the most cost effective multi-platform enterprise mobility management solution, according to a report by the global market research firm Strategy Analytics.

"Our detailed report found that the pricing offered by BES10 creates a lowest-cost migration path from a TCO perspective", said Andrew Brown, Executive Director, Enterprise Research at Strategy Analytics. "We attribute this to multiple factors, including the Enterprise Server License Trade-up program, the impact of BlackBerry Software Assurance across its Advanced and Premium support categories, and new tiered support categories."

The Strategy Analytics report, "Enterprise Mobility Management: A Review of Total Cost of Ownership,"1 found that BES10 is the lowest cost Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution based on a five year total cost of ownership (TCO). Migrating from BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 (BES5) to a BlackBerry competitor is, on average, more than double the cost over five years than migrating from BES5 to BES10. The Strategy Analytics report went on to note that the "all inclusive" nature of the BlackBerry offering provides a tangible cost advantage which is then sustained throughout the TCO period.

"BlackBerry customers consistently tell us that cost, coupled with world-class security, is a top priority when choosing a multi-platform mobility management partner," said John Sims, President, Global Enterprise Solutions, BlackBerry. "The report exemplifies why BlackBerry is the only company that can support the full range of EMM requirements, from the most secure to the most open BYOD environments. Customers also recognize the additional security provided from our global NOC infrastructure. No other company has this range of capabilities and we will work diligently to earn the trust of enterprise customers globally."

Strategy Analytics analyzed the TCO of each solution and took into consideration multiple cost drivers, implementation, support and payment scenarios for enterprises migrating from BES5 to BES10 or to other mobility management platforms, as well as enterprises adopting an EMM solution for the first time. Based on the report, BlackBerry ranked the strongest in these categories:
    Lowest TCO for commercial EMM deployments: BlackBerry offers an implementation and service package that is substantially cheaper than any of its competitors for the EMM package. (See Figure 1)
    Lowest TCO for EMM deployments in regulated and high-security environments: Even in a fully regulated environment where BlackBerry offers the highest form of security, it also proves to be the lowest cost solution based on a five year TCO.
    Highest security: CIOs and IT decision makers listed BlackBerry as the most secure solution. The report concluded that competitors do not offer the same level of IT policies and compliance controls as BlackBerry and cannot deliver a similar end-to-end security model.
    Scope of EMM capabilities: BES10 offers the most comprehensive set of capabilities for the broadest range of customers, including regulated, enterprise and SMBs. (See Figure 2)

BlackBerry EZ Pass Migration Program Gains Momentum

Customers are realizing the benefits and cost savings of the recently launched BlackBerry program, which provides free license migration and support for BlackBerry customers to move from BES5 and other MDM platforms to BES10.

Since the program launched on March 31, 2014, more than 800,000 BES10 client access licenses have been issued to customers worldwide. The enterprises participating in the program represent a cross-section of industries from financial services and healthcare, to telecommunications and government organizations. Migrations to BES10 include customers using other MDM vendors such as AirWatch, MobileIron and Good Technology.

The BlackBerry EZ Pass migration program is designed to help customers take full advantage of the BES10 multi-platform solution by seamlessly migrating from BES5 and includes access to BlackBerry's technical support services.

For more information about the BlackBerry EZ Pass migration program, please visit: EZ Pass. For more information about BES10, please visit: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - BES 10 - Download BES 10 Free Trial - US.

For more information about the Strategy Analytics report, please visit Enterprise Mobility Management: Total Cost of Ownership Report, Strategy Analytics, May 2014.

To view the figures accompanying this press release, please visit the following links:

Figure 1: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20...BRYFIG1800.jpg

Figure 2: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20...BRYFIG2800.jpg

About Strategy Analytics

Strategy Analytics is a global organization with analysts based in the Europe, Asia and the Americas. Our local presence allows us to understand regional markets, and conduct primary research and manage consulting projects with a high degree of control and, as a result, impeccable data integrity. Our analysts specialize in tracking, analyzing and forecasting markets that include: wireless devices, consumer electronics, automotive electronics, entertainment and media, defense systems, telecommunications and related digital products and services. Our consulting group conducts custom research projects, applying the company's proprietary analytics and vast data resources to client engagements. We are also the only analyst and research provider with an in-house user experience practice and digital home observatory.

About BlackBerry

A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, georg4BB and 3 others like this.
    05-08-14 12:31 PM
    I see everyone is holding BlackBerry phones here at BlackBerry experience particularly many are Z30s.

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-08-14 01:04 PM
    I see everyone is holding BlackBerry phones here at BlackBerry experience particularly many are Z30s.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe that is why they are out of stock all the time.... Must be getting popular
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    05-08-14 01:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. didn't see your message. I am @ devices desk right now. Come by. Blue sweater.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:15 PM
    Sorry. didn't see your message. I am @ devices desk right now. Come by. Blue sweater.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I have left. Let's cross the path another day. Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:18 PM
    Kahn Brothers Boost Stake In BlackBerry Ltd, Nam Tai, NY Times

Kahn Brothers increased positions
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) by 250,000 shares to 450,000 shares.
    sidhuk, 3_M4N, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    05-08-14 01:22 PM
    Kahn Brothers Boost Stake In BlackBerry Ltd, Nam Tai, NY Times

Kahn Brothers increased positions
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) by 250,000 shares to 450,000 shares.
    LoL, thats nothing, some guys on this thread trade that in a week. they get in when it is at day's lowest point and they get out when it day's highest. easy as butter.
    05-08-14 01:35 PM
    BlackBerry targets business clients through their employees - The Globe and Mail
    "Mr. Sims was speaking to reporters after giving a presentation to several hundred business customers in Toronto, the fourth stop in an eight-city road show in North America and Europe,"

"Blackberry will also look at similar moves in other regulated industries with security issues, Mr. Sims said, including financial services or the energy sector. He noted that oil and gas companies send people around the world to do sensitive exploration work “and then they get on a phone call, or on e-mail, unprotected.” They know that in certain countries their calls are being listened to, and their e-mails intercepted by competitors or governments, he said, so “they want secure solutions to protect their intellectual property."
    Corbu, rarsen, snejpa and 3 others like this.
    05-08-14 01:52 PM
    I have been told by staff that the reason that shops aren't well stocked is because the shops simply don't want the stock. They've got limited space and prefer to fill it with iPhones. Again, that's what I was told by staff (they didn't mention the iPhone by name) in two different shops in London.

Even when the Z10s were filling BlackBerry warehouses it was very hard to find shops that had them in stock. I'm not saying that that is definitely the case now, but the fact that shops haven't got the Z30 in stock in big numbers is no indication of inventory on BlackBerry's end.

Also, I really struggle to believe they the Z30 is selling through anywhere. Do you really reckon it is? I've literally never seen one in the wild.

Either way, it seems an odd strategy when word of mouth on the Z30 is so good and when getting the OS more exposure has benefits.

I'm 100% sure that shop inventory is no indicator of actually device inventory, but maybe you're right and they only made a tiny, tiny number of them. The Q10 is a different story though: we know they made a bunch of them. It's still selling for the same price as the Z30.
    Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    I was referring to the BlackBerry employee store. NOT just any store. If the BlackBerry Employee Store isn't flush with stock they must be going somewhere.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Greened like this.
    05-08-14 01:53 PM
    I was referring to the BlackBerry employee store. NOT just any store. If the BlackBerry Employee Store isn't flush with stock they must be going somewhere.

I posted about this a couple days ago. According to what I have found out from people "close to the story" BlackBerry is having difficulty stocking the employee store, because the priority is to stock consumer channels first. The Z30 is very difficult to come by for what ever reason.

This is just what I have heard....so make sure to salt it

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-08-14 02:10 PM
    Also from that article he emphasised the importance of a retail presence:

John Sims, Blackberrys president of global enterprise solutions, said Monday that products need to be widely sold in cellular companies stores, and consequently its relationships with the wireless carries who sell handsets are important.

While Blackberrys strategy is grounded in enterprises, and chief information officers who make decisions on technology dont go to the local store, Mr. Sims said, it is still important for us to be present in those environments because their employees go to those stores and they see the devices.
    sidhuk, rarsen, snejpa and 4 others like this.
    05-08-14 02:20 PM
    OT: wow another roller coaster day for all stocks including bio stocks... hey morgan when you have a few mins can you provide an update as to what is happening with the bio stocks and $halo? are you still holding? thanks in advance
    05-08-14 02:35 PM
    Anybody know the track record of these guys' ability to successfully predict good companies?

...Strategy Analytics is a global organization with analysts based in the Europe, Asia and the Americas. Our local presence allows us to understand regional markets, and conduct primary research and manage consulting projects with a high degree of control and, as a result, impeccable data integrity...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strate...120000714.html
    05-08-14 04:10 PM
    Too be honest i'm not quite clear on this actually, maybe someone more informed on BES can chime in? will this be generating revenue or still be given away for "free"?

Temper your already tempered enthusiasm. Aren't BES5 to BES10 conversions free and aren't EZ Pass conversions from competitors products also free for the first year? Significant revenues from on-premises installations may have to wait until next year assuming significant installs want continuing product tech support. I don't know anything about the BES in the Cloud pricing.
    05-08-14 04:12 PM
    Too be honest i'm not quite clear on this actually, maybe someone more informed on BES can chime in? will this be generating revenue or still be given away for "free"?
    It will require paying fees. To retain contracts with the basterdized BES5/10, Bbry had to give free upgrades away. After a year I think annual fees will be required. The BES 12 will definitely not be free.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:20 PM

Pleas don't get me wrong: I wish the Z30 were selling like mad. I just doubt that it is. To begin with, there aren't that many BlackBerry employees to begin with. It's just not a signifier of anything really. I just get a bit frustrated with the fact that the Z30 is basically a ghost phone, a great phone no one has even heard of. I just don't really believe these secret or sudden success stories because they seem so incredibly unlikely. I wish they were true, but until we hear an official statement that BlackBerry 10 phones are suddenly selling like mad, I'm not getting excited.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-08-14 05:12 PM
    Man oh man some are like a ray of sunshine here. SMH.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-08-14 06:43 PM
    OT but lends to the fact BBM is the best messaging app:
    http://rapidmobile.biz/snapchat-settles-with-the-ftc/

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    05-08-14 08:29 PM
    It will require paying fees. To retain contracts with the basterdized BES5/10, Bbry had to give free upgrades away. After a year I think annual fees will be required. The BES 12 will definitely not be free.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, plus BlackBerry was very liberal back in February when they retroactively changed the terms of last year's trade in program. They wound up granting perpetual BES10 licenses for all old BES5 and prior licenses included in the application to enter the trade up program instead of only the devices activated on a BES10 server. These licenses will become perpetual Silver level licenses.

In general terms, under EZ Pass, BlackBerry will give free, one for one, perpetual Silver level licenses for any old BlackBerry or competitor's CAL. Support will be free until January 31, 2015. Thereafter, companies will have to pay for support. Silver level licenses are for basic, non-regulated markets. Companies will have to upgrade their licenses to Gold level for more advanced features or for regulated market features.

Then comes the free upgrade from BES10 to BES12 when BES12 is introduced later this year.

Bottom line, is that I think EMM revenue will be nominal until after the current trade up program ends in January 2015. Only significant EMM revenue stream seems to be regulated markets or advanced EMM features that requires Gold level licensing, or BES Cloud when that is officially released. Listen out for Gold level licensing.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    05-08-14 08:56 PM
    BlackBerry targets business clients through their employees - BNN News

BlackBerry Ltd. may be shifting its focus to business and government customers, but it is still crucial that its phones remain visible in retail outlets, says the head of the company’s enterprise division.

John Sims, Blackberry’s president of global enterprise solutions, said Monday that products need to be widely sold in cellular companies’ stores, and consequently its relationships with the wireless carriers who sell handsets are important.

While Blackberry’s strategy “is grounded in enterprises,” and chief information officers who make decisions on technology “don’t go to the local store,” Sims said, it is still “important for us to be present in those environments because their employees go to those stores and they see the devices.”

Workers may get their smartphones from their company, but “they are going to be a lot more comfortable with the device ... if they saw it in a store,” he said.

In addition, he noted, many telecommunications companies are shifting their emphasis from selling devices to selling software and services – often to small and medium sized businesses – and BlackBerry wants to help them do that.

Sims was speaking to reporters after giving a presentation to several hundred business customers in Toronto, the fourth stop in an eight-city road show in North America and Europe, where Blackberry is emphasizing its business-friendly strategy to current and potential clients.

Blackberry’s new “centre of gravity” is the desire to help businesses and governments deal with the complexity of managing mobile devices, Sims told the gathering. And the key to Blackberry’s advantage over its competitors on this score is its “deep understanding of security,” he said.

Consequently the company is focusing on some vertical markets where security is crucial. That was behind its recent move to buy a minority stake in California-based health-care firm NantHealth, which specializes in real-time, cloud-based information services for doctors and patients.

Blackberry will also look at similar moves in other regulated industries with security issues, Sims said, including financial services or the energy sector. He noted that oil and gas companies send people around the world to do sensitive exploration work “and then they get on a phone call, or on e-mail, unprotected.” They know that in certain countries their calls are being listened to, and their e-mails intercepted by competitors or governments, he said, so “they want secure solutions to protect their intellectual property.”

A key part of Blackberry’s strategy under its new chief executive officer John Chen is its willingness to support other firms’ smartphones – such as Apple and Android devices – on its secure systems which BlackBerry sells to companies to manage their mobile networks.

Sims said that flexibility has been evident for some time, but the company is flogging it much more actively.

When BlackBerry introduced its new BES10 mobility management system a year ago, “we kind of ... under our breath mumbled: ‘Oh we also support [Apple’s] iOS and Android’,” he said. “That is not what you will hear from Blackberry these days. What you will hear is ... we support all the platforms.”

As part of its shift in focus towards business customers, BlackBerry is promoting a soon-to-be-released encrypted version of its BBM chat software, so businesses can transmit – and track, if necessary – secure information among their employees. Later this year it will launch a new smartphone, Classic Bold, which will restore some of the familiar features from its older devices, such as the popular buttons and track pad that allowed easier navigation.

Sims said some of BlackBerry’s new managers, including himself, decided to join the company because they welcomed the challenge of bringing it back from the brink. “We are here because it is a big challenge and because we think we can get it done,” he said. One advantage the new management team has is that “we haven’t been here for the whole history of BlackBerry, so there are no sacred cows.”
    05-08-14 11:04 PM
    Just saw this on the typo lawsuit case but i'm looking for a second source to validate this, so for the moment take with a grain of salt.

Law360, Los Angeles (May 08, 2014, 8:22 PM ET) -- A California federal judge on Thursday tossed a counterclaim and affirmative defense by Typo Products LLC in BlackBerry Ltd.'s suit accusing the Ryan Seacrest-backed company of infringing a keyboard patent, holding that the defendant didn't plead enough facts to allege inequitable conduct.

can't get full article

http://www.law360.com/articles/53618...-in-patent-row
    Shanerredflag and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-08-14 11:43 PM
    I wish blackberry would introduce call blocking feature in bb10.
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/34851867.cms

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-09-14 01:32 AM
104,891 ... 26002601260226032604 ...