Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Maybe the reason, why we haven't seen BBM-Voice and -Video, lies in here:
    http://www.emirates247.com/business/...05-05-1.547926
    If we see a sleek desktop version for BBM, I wouldn't mind bbm as a chargeable skype-alternative. Or maybe one could split this too, free for consumers and at a fee for the ultrasecure enterprise version.
    This is a more sensible and helpful response. Perhaps this is the reason. At least it seems to be clear that BlackBerry are NOT of the view that non-enterprise BBMx doesn't matter. Hopefully we will get more news on this soon.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-05-14 01:59 AM
    Bbuk14,

Sorry I'm a busy man, I will try to answer in the future, no time now.

Google has most of the answers you are looking.

One question you should ask yourself... if you don't think BlackBerry 's strategy now is correct, why are you holding shares?

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother mate. A lot of us are busy, and I don't think it's worth your time.

As for your last question, again, the answer is that I take a comprehensive approach to assessing my investment choices. I see a lot of potential for BlackBerry in a few important areas, while at the same time recognising some areas of concern. For the record though, you are still making things up: I did not say that BlackBerry's strategy is incorrect in regards to the specific issue I was addressing. I said that they would be incorrect if they held your attitude. If you read carefully, you will see clearly that I've continuously said that I think BlackBerry DO understand the importance of succeeding with BBMx or whatever they are competing in. This is not to say that I think they have done everything right, or will do everything right in the future. I hold shares because I think there is a good chance that they will raise in value and a fairly good chance that BlackBerry will be in a great way in two years time.

BlackBerry isn't a sports team or religion. It's intelligent to have a balanced view of things and to have your investment decisions guided by optimism as well as negative concerns.

I think we have exhausted this conversation. You can have the last word, but I'm done.

05-05-14 02:09 AM
    This should have a few eyeballs read it:
    http://www.cantechletter.com/2014/05...lackberry-z10/

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    05-05-14 06:59 AM
    I decided on Bemaps pro. It still uses Google Maps AI, ask for almost no access to your device, and, oh ya, is built for BlackBerry!
    Thx...I bought this too.

05-05-14 07:00 AM
    BlackBerry's real estate sale to net CDN$305 million | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry Announces Update on Sale of Canadian Real Estate Holdings

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 05, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY)(TSX: BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that Spear Street Capital, LLC has waived its due diligence condition pursuant to BlackBerry's previously-announced agreement to sell the majority of BlackBerry's real estate holdings in Canada. Spear Street has agreed to purchase the properties for CDN$305 million, or approximately US$278 million. The parties expect to complete the sale of properties valued at approximately 80% of this total later this month, with the sale of the remaining properties to be completed during the third calendar quarter of 2014, subject to customary closing conditions in each case.

Under the terms of the transaction, BlackBerry will sell more than 3 million square feet of space as well as vacant lands. BlackBerry will lease back a portion of the space as the Company continues to have a strong presence in Canada with Waterloo continuing as the home of its global headquarters.
    05-05-14 07:50 AM
    This should have a few eyeballs read it:
    http://www.cantechletter.com/2014/05...lackberry-z10/

This should be on Crackberry's front page. "I was wrong".

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-14 07:51 AM
    Someone move the launch pad up to $8 and start siphoning rocket fuel out of Apple's tank, eh?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    05-05-14 08:24 AM
    05-05-14 08:24 AM
    Were we expecting more from the real estate? People were estimated 500 million

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 08:39 AM
    Were we expecting more from the real estate? People were estimated 500 million

Posted via CB10
    Every number that was stated was a complete guess and based of square footage
    05-05-14 08:56 AM
    Isn't anyone concerned about allowing Google full access to their device when installing this???
    Since you cannot sign into GPS it's data without a name, no?

I was watching TWIT and they were talking about the following story and how folks are so afraid of Google but use the Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat accounts etc and think that some how they run away from the data chasers. Its not easily done:

How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy From Big Data
    jxnb likes this.
    05-05-14 09:09 AM
    These guys continue to dig out some good stuff.
    http://utbblogs.com/uncategorized/bl...stry-and-more/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben, jxnb, 3_M4N and 1 others like this.
    05-05-14 09:13 AM
    And "siri is easy" LoL
    http://utbblogs.com/iphone/siri-lets...locked-iphone/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-14 09:16 AM
    We appear nicely supported at 8.

Maybe you'll think I'm crazy, but I see this at 10 by mid-May, 12 by the end of the month.

All hinges on the z3 rollout.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:44 AM
    Every number that was stated was a complete guess and based of square footage
    True, and it all depends on their lease-agreement. If those are attractive numbers for BlackBerry then it could be a win-win for both parties

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-05-14 10:47 AM
    We appear nicely supported at 8.

Maybe you'll think I'm crazy, but I see this at 10 by mid-May, 12 by the end of the month.

All hinges on the z3 rollout.

Posted via CB10
    Do we have any real numbers on the Z3? I agree that the Z3 is a very important peice of hardware for Blackberry. Hoping they can stop their losses in these countries.
    05-05-14 10:48 AM
    Do we have any real numbers on the Z3? I agree that the Z3 is a very important peice of hardware for Blackberry. Hoping they can stop their losses in these countries.
    Only that the Jakarta signature edition sold out in pre-orders. Likely very limited quantities, but you can bet they'll be waved around like a badge of honor. This phone represents a future not just for BlackBerry and Foxconn, but for the people of Indonesia who're building a better future for themselves by getting jobs assembling them in the first place.

You can't buy the kind of brand loyalty that will come from this new manufacturing agreement.
    morganplus8, zyben, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    05-05-14 10:56 AM
    I think the rocket's been refueled.

Any bets on a rally into the afternoon?
    05-05-14 11:01 AM
    Apparently Rihanna has been banned from Instagram. What's BBM Channels policy for nudity?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:06 AM
    Only that the Jakarta signature edition sold out in pre-orders. Likely very limited quantities, but you can bet they'll be waved around like a badge of honor. This phone represents a future not just for BlackBerry and Foxconn, but for the people of Indonesia who're building a better future for themselves by getting jobs assembling them in the first place.

You can't buy the kind of brand loyalty that will come from this new manufacturing agreement.
    I think the rocket's been refueled.

Any bets on a rally into the afternoon?
    I agree with you 100% and am considering getting back in. If the rockets does not ignite today, it should tomorrow.
    morlock_man likes this.
    05-05-14 11:11 AM

Turn the bass up.

(Fingers crossed it doesn't go the same route as the Challenger.)
    05-05-14 11:19 AM

If not hard numbers, we might get some more information by next week since the official launch in next Tuesday.

Hopefully, this event generates a bit of buzz with JC being present. I hope Terry Gou from Foxconn also attends. We shall see!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-14 11:26 AM

Turn the bass up.

(Fingers crossed it doesn't go the same route as the Challenger.)
    That never gets boring does it.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-05-14 11:33 AM
    Anyone tracking the number of followers of 'the BBM Channel'? You'll notice a (more or less) 10% or 75,000 increase in the last 24 hours.. I've been mirroring this for months now and it usually adds 3000-4000 a day so I wonder what has inspired this spike.

Posted via CB10
    snejpa, Superfly_FR, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    05-05-14 11:37 AM
    Anyone tracking the number of followers of 'the BBM Channel'? You'll notice a (more or less) 10% or 75,000 increase in the last 24 hours.. I've been mirroring this for months now and it usually adds 3000-4000 a day so I wonder what has inspired this spike.

Posted via CB10
    That's an interesting observation. Who knows what the answer is though.

05-05-14 11:41 AM
106,071 ... 25932594259525962597 ...