View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Makes more sense as an e-reader resolution.

Now that would be a hell of a gimmick that would sell: ultra low-power color e-paper screen for the tablet that seems to last forever.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    04-30-14 09:55 AM
    Will be interesting to see what happens with all of these social media companies.

I think we are a couple of years off the collapse yet.

Posted via CB10
    Somebody will win, maybe 2-3 players will be left, but who knows if its Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Netflix, Yahoo, Ali-something, or most likely a combination of some of these or the new, hottest, yet to be named fad.

Google, Apple, Amazon,and to a somewhat lesser extent MS are likely to be the ultimately survivors and buy some or all or parts of these various businesses as the herd thins. FB and Twitter are the most interesting as they are quite large and probably don't view themselves as targets, but they will be....
    04-30-14 10:06 AM
    As long as they don't use the "amateur hour is over" campaign for the new tablet. That worked out well for the PlayBook.
    georg4BB likes this.
    04-30-14 10:21 AM
    How easy it is to install amazon app store to install android apps on BB10 device. It took me less than a minute on my z30 to create this tutorial. Who ever brags about app gap is totally......... u know.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140430_102149.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140430_102202.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140430_102222.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140430_102301.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140430_102312.png

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    04-30-14 10:26 AM
    Still doesn't matter to the average consumer though, if downloading an app takes more than a search, click to download and install then people will pay no mind to it. Key is to make it dummy proof, society we live in today, lazy.
    04-30-14 10:45 AM
    I remember the #3 line - there is a member here that uses it as his tag line and it says "we have a shot at being #3" or something to that effect. TH never gave one number so it's hard to say he lied about them. I think there is a lawsuit going on by some investors who believe as you do, lets see how it turns out.

I'm curious - did you want him to go on CNBC and say "Damn, we built way too many Z10's and the Q10's aren't selling like we hoped either. Seems the legacy folks don't like these phones at all and we were really counting on them to upgrade since we hadn't had a new phone in 2 years...". No one would have bought a BB10 phone then. He had to try and take what they had, which wasn't much and try and build enthusiasm for a platform that was late and pushed too fast.

Chen seems to be a much straighter shooter but if the phones don't give him what he needs I don't expect much more from him either.
    SO far I am liking Chen except when his mouth got loose about getting rid of the handheld side. He must realise that each and every word is being analyzed over and over. He has much to do and everyone wants it done now. What Blackberry can NOT afford is another mistake and I think he is more conservative in his approach as CEO than TH. If he pulls Blackberry back to being relevant, it would be the come back miracle of this decade!
    randall2580 likes this.
    04-30-14 10:50 AM
    It would be a logical error to look back if BlackBerry succeed and think that foolish statements or decisions were a good idea just because they weren't harmful enough to sink the company. I personally cannot see the value in selling and launching hardware whilst telling people you might dump the hardware part of your company. Chen also seems not to have seen any real value in it as he woke up the next morning scrambling to fix the statement - it was a dumb statement.

CORRECTION: I misread your statement as saying you thought his slip up was a good thing lol. Woops.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-30-14 11:10 AM
    Still doesn't matter to the average consumer though, if downloading an app takes more than a search, click to download and install then people will pay no mind to it. Key is to make it dummy proof, society we live in today, lazy.
    I forgot to add that,
    " once you reach the last picture in that tutorial or once amazon app store is installed, then one can install the android apps by searching with in the amazon app store and dont have to "repeat installing amazon app apk process" every time you need new android app".

LoL.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-14 11:57 AM
    04-30-14 01:14 PM
    Infosec 2014: BlackBerry customers showing €œtremendous interest€ in new BES migration scheme - 30 Apr 2014 - Computing News
    BlackBerry has told Computing that its "EZ Pass" BlackBerry Enterprise Server migration scheme is experiencing "tremendous interest" from major customers who are willing to stick with the struggling smartphone maker as it transitions to an enterprise productivity mobile management company.

Vice-president of security product management and research at BlackBerry, Michael K Brown, spoke to Computing at the Infosec conference in London today, saying that the EZ Pass scheme, which launched at the start of this month, had experienced "tremendous interest from customers" before it even launched.

"I think it's going to be very successful," said Brown.

Batting off statements from companies such as Severn Trent Water, who recently told Computing it is remaining "holistic" about choosing a new MDM solution after being long-term BES customers, Brown insisted that the company is having little trouble retaining business.

"The theme we've been getting from the customers is a loyalty to the product, especially in terms of the multi-platform offering that's there," Brown told Computing.

"Clifford Chance is a good example in the UK that's shown that publicly," he added, referring to the global law firm's rollout of 1,600 devices a year ago.

Brown told Computing that the company is still pitching both devices and platforms when trying to win or retain business, rather than focusing simply on the BES platform.

"The point is that the products work independently of each other - a BlackBerry doesn't need a BES, but works extremely well with a BES," said Brown.

"And BES doesn't need a BlackBerry, but will manage a BlackBerry extremely well. The two of them go together extremely well. But the reality of business is they won't just have BlackBerry devices - they'll have iOS devices, or Windows devices - which incidentally we're supporting soon."

Brown argued that, as an MDM platform, BlackBerry has the edge over rivals like Good Technology or Airwatch because of the firm's long experience in the sector.

"I think what's interesting is that often people forget that BlackBerry is the oldest and largest MDM player in the market already," said Brown.

"We have been here for over a decade and provided our solutions to customers, and over the years we've learned a lot of lessons. For example, it's incredibly important for customers to have control over applications that are going to offer corporate information. This has been a fundamental part of BlackBerry since 2004, and something that's integral to multiplatform solutions we have through BES 10."

Brown said, as a result, BlackBerry will continue focusing its future on government and regulated organisations.

Meanwhile, earlier this year at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spanish start-up Geeksphone and US security company Silent Circle showed Computing their Android-based phone that's intended to offer improved security for mobile users.
    04-30-14 01:15 PM
    Isn't that what they call Apple innovation? Ha ha ha
    04-30-14 04:31 PM
    OT:

Twitter shares tumble as user growth disappoints.

Twitter shares tumble as user growth disappoints - The Globe and Mail

Update:

At least 16 analysts cut their price targets on Twitter Inc. after the social media giant revealed earnings late Tuesday that disappointed the Street because of underwhelming user growth. The stock is down about 10 per cent today to its lowest level since going public in November.

Among the most substantial cuts came from Evercore Partners (to $48 from $66); BMO Nesbitt Burns (to $42 from $53); and Macquarie (to $30 from $47).

The median price target on Twitter is now $42.50, down from $51.97 a month ago, according to Thomson Reuters data. While there were no ratings downgrades today, there have been several since the stock premiered last year. Of the 12 analysts who initiated coverage on the stock around the time of its premier, five have since downgraded their view, according to Reuters. There are now 7 ratings equivalent to a buy, 13 holds, and 11 sells.

We continue to expect Twitters stock to underperform the market in the face of (what is likely) a multiple-quarter transition on user engagement and ad product adoption, said UBS Equities analyst Eric Sheridan, who cut its price target on the stock to $35 from $42 and reiterated a "sell" rating.

Analysts are also worried the stock will come under pressure after May 5, when restrictions on the sale of shares by early investors will be lifted.
    sidhuk, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    04-30-14 05:52 PM
    I continue to expect analysts to underperform the market.
    bungaboy, kfh227 and bizzarothor like this.
    04-30-14 06:47 PM
    So a phone or OS that requires more effort to do the same thing is a better phone?
    techvisor likes this.
    05-01-14 05:36 AM
    So a phone or OS that requires more effort to do the same thing is a better phone?
    Greg, some people have things more sensitive than the color of the bathroom in the show suit they want protected.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    05-01-14 07:22 AM
    Greg, some people have things more sensitive than the color of the bathroom in the show suit they want protected.

?? Really?
    05-01-14 08:18 AM
    ?? Really?
    No...not really, just kidding.

05-01-14 08:19 AM
    I think BlackBerry should advertise ability to play Android apps. Even with some vague wordings. For example:
    <Android Logo> Android Player* supported!
    *Android Player is BlackBerry's implementation of Android run-time environment and it allows you to install and run Android apps on your BlackBerry! All Android apps may not be compatible.

When people read that, they'll ask around, how this works? And then someone will tell them.

Amazon app store is not the only way to install Android apps. You could simply go to APKTrain.com from your BB10 browser and download/install Android apps. It's that easy! But most customers won't even know that they can do that. Some vaguely worded advertisement will help here. It'd prompt the customer to ask questions (hey, it says, I can install Android apps, how does that work?) and then someone (sales rep, a friend, another BB enthusiast etc) can help them out!
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    05-01-14 09:26 AM
    I think BlackBerry should advertise ability to play Android apps. Even with some vague wordings. For example:
    <Android Logo> Android Player* supported!
    *Android Player is BlackBerry's implementation of Android run-time environment and it allows you to install and run Android apps on your BlackBerry! All Android apps may not be compatible.

When people read that, they'll ask around, how this works? And then someone will tell them.

Amazon app store is not the only way to install Android apps. You could simply go to APKTrain.com from your BB10 browser and download/install Android apps. It's that easy! But most customers won't even know that they can do that. Some vaguely worded advertisement will help here. It'd prompt the customer to ask questions (hey, it says, I can install Android apps, how does that work?) and then someone (sales rep, a friend, another BB enthusiast etc) can help them out!
    I think the problem comes down to support of the ones that won't work. When Joe Average reads that his new Z3, Z30 supports Android apps and then can't get one that requires GPS what does he do? Same thing he always does call customer support. Carriers won't want to deal with that. Joe Average won't read that "most applications work" he will assume incorrectly that every one he wants to work works flawlessly. It won't matter it's in the print or told to him at the store. He will then have a very angry exchange with Customer Service.

I am certain that's why they aren't advertising it, and that the carriers have asked them not to
    georg4BB likes this.
    05-01-14 10:12 AM
    And the expected response from 95% of people in the smartphone industry (including some Crackberrians): "If you want to run Android apps, get an Android." I'm pretty sure that's not what Blackberry wants.
    georg4BB and CDM76 like this.
    05-01-14 10:39 AM
    Anyone else know anything about this? :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140501_095941.png

05-01-14 11:00 AM
    Found the link:
    http://domainnamewire.com/2014/05/01...namic-tld-key/

05-01-14 11:08 AM
    Original patent filed earlier, if I am not mistaken:

Patent application 20140123065 was filed in November 2011.
    05-01-14 11:18 AM
    05-01-14 01:09 PM
    I sensed a great disturbance in the share price...

As if thousands of shorts ground their teeth in anxiety and began to plan their exit strategy.
    05-01-14 01:29 PM
106,771 ... 25882589259025912592 ...